Budget build thread

Who ghetto PC here?

I'm using a case I bought 15 years ago, but I clean it regularly so it's presentable. Does that count?

I guess. Older cases kick ass though, pic related.

there's literally nothing wrong with all these builds

Nobody said there was my man

and I didn't said you should stop posting

Milk crate PCs are my favorite type

Are you mining anything or are you just heating your home at this point?

Not my pics sadly. Mining shitcoins is probably still worth it, but mining actual bitcoins themselves is a joke at this point.

got a refurb office machine for 55USD off new egg, 3.0ghz and 4gb of ram

That's a sweet deal. Put a good GPU in and I bet you could resell it as a gayming PC for major profits if you're a jew

For a long time, I used old IBM T30 laptop with broken keyboard and CPU fan. Removed keyboard and had a house fan blowing accross the CPU. It worked good like that.
Should have kept that machine instead of upgrading. Could have just added new keyboard, CPU fan, and battery for less that it costed me to get new machine. Ever since I lost that T30, my new system all sucked. Had a T61 with widescreen and Nvidia GPU. Then got shitty 16:9 laptop that sucks ass. I hate all of them and all new computers.

I use it as my linux box because I have a bastard of a rig for gaming that I hardly use

How does that second one not instantly overheat?

I'd hope there's some fans on the back, but it's more likely the dude was just making a meme and didn't care

Search craigslist for Xeon processor workstations, buy them dirt cheap. Enjoy enterprise-grade hardware.

kaaaaneeeeedaaaaa

Simple, robust, lots of airflow, I see nothing wrong with these.

I can buy this case for cheap right now, shall I do it?

Indeed

How my server used to be setup, got a case now tho.

And my computer used to stand on top of the HDD on top of the subwoofer.

shit like that makes me infinitely horny. On the upside, we have to tinker our way though shit like that anyway, because all future (((products))) are taking away crontrol from us.

Yes, I have that exact one and I love it. My only complaints are 4 HDD mounts and it's really heavy. Otherwise it's a golden boy.

We'll always have autism to crack whatever DRM they throw at us, as long as we can still communicate with each other.

No ghetto, but I only just recently stepped up from that D-Link adsl modem. It was number three I think. When the original ones became flakey (and they did) I was able to replace them from thrift stores for just about nothing. Didn't want to deal with the isp. Night.

This looks like a vacuum cleaner to me.

noice TETSUOOOOOO!

Aren't those for servers only and not for desktops?

A computer's a computer. I think the Xeon is optimized for running parallel tasks more than single-threaded things like games or multimedia, but it should be pretty alright either way.

Noise aside, aren't you worried about EMF pollution and PCB particles?
I can't imagine that having all that junk on your desk is good for you. You are getting doused in radiation and all that dust is going to end up in your lungs.
Get an old heavy case from the 90s or early 00s. They're cheap, cool, safe and often quite spacious.

Seems like you want somebody here to say there's something wrong with the cases.

Nice color scheme.