Asterix the Gaul

Lets Story time Asterix the Gaul, the first book in a long series of graphic novels hailed as one of Frances best works.

also, check out this website to read the entire series so far.

asterixonline.info/

Other urls found in this thread:

putlocker.is/watch-asterix-and-obelix-mansion-of-the-gods-online-free-putlocker.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I like Asterix.

a very comfy series.

Loved these comics/movies as a kid. Is the most recent one in english yet?

the mansions of the gods? It is, but for the life of me I can't find it again.

Like, English Dubbed or subbed, cause I always liked them dubbed.

dubbed.

Here's the english dub

putlocker.is/watch-asterix-and-obelix-mansion-of-the-gods-online-free-putlocker.html

Up next mon petits, we will story time asterix's 2nd adventure "Asterix's and the Golden Sickle." I can only post 5 pages for now but I'll start again in the morning.

Sorry for the wait, here is the rest of Asterix and the Golden Sickle.

Fantastic work, user! Do you happen to have the new ones, or at least the one where they sucker punch nips?

DOES ANYONE HAVE THAT MOVIE ORIGINAL?

???

Don't come here often, so this is a bit late but thanks

No idea what the guy meant, unless he means the very early animated cartoon of Asterix

Mine is one that was released very recently, don't know many details about it but apparently socjus was fucking pissed about how racist the nips were depicted (in a fucking Asterix comic)

Damn, reading Astérix in non-French somehow feels… wrong. Not that it's forbidden or anything, just like… this is betraying the original thing. I dunno.
Thanks for the dump nonetheless OP.

Actually the translations are renowned for preserving the sparkling wordplay of the original, replacing untranslatable colloquial humour and French-language puns with new equivalent jokes.
I mean, just the names: Unhygenyx the fishmonger, Getafix the druid, Fullyautomatyx the blacksmith, Geriatrix the elder, Vitalstatistix the chief, Cacaphonix the bard, Dogmatix the dog…

Ever since Goscinny died, Asterix hasnt been the same.

All the translations retain the humor, despite changing some of its elements. Italian runs have Roman soldiers speak modern Roman dialect, the SPQR pun is probably one of the most known comic book quotes in the country (Sono Pazzi Questi Romani, lit. These Romans are crazy and related interchangeable versions). As far as I know the puns in each language have their own unique quirk.

Always the good ones, user.