twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

too early to say

ok

if you must have a modern graphical browser, ok

doin' it rong

doin' it rong

ok

doin' it rong

You've made it through the Windows/MacOS foothills, congrats. But as arduous as that may have been, you've just looked up and seen that you're at the foot of Everest. You've left the total plebs in the sweltering flatlands, but you've got a long way to go before you're a Sherpa.

So why do faggots think this is safe?

searx.me is a godly alternative to startpage.
Install the ublock/matrix plugins and learn how to use 'em, if any site you trust seems glitchy, just press press the shield and the power button on first ublock, then try disabling umatrix, happens to searx.me w/images sometimes.
passing that, you've got a fair amount of safety in browser, maybe get a VPN though.

Startpage is good. I personally prefer Searx, so I recommend trying that one too, but there's nothing wrong with Startpage.

For extensions, you should absolutely install HTTPS Everywhere, so you get HTTPS on sites that are known to correctly support it, and you should almost definitely install uBlock Origin with some privacy lists. You should also set privacy.trackingprotection to enabled in about:config. uMatrix is a great privacy extension that needs some manual intervention to make sites work. I recommend trying it, but unlike the other things I named, it doesn't just werk.

Linux Mint is not a great distro. It's not so bad that you should immediately ditch it, but consider something like Xubuntu or Ubuntu MATE when you install your next system. Linux Mint makes some poor packaging decisions, like renaming packages and mixing their own packages with Ubuntu's packages without compatibility testing. They completely block updates for some packages because they can break compatibility, and this also blocks security updates for those packages so that's pretty bad. It's fine to stick with it for now.

That is a understatement.

gotta guide for that by chance?

I'm using opengo.nl, which is based on searx. I think I'm having a lot more relevant results compared to searx.me, but I haven't tried that many queries to be sure.

(that was an incognito tab btw, I use ublock origin, SSL Enforcer and CanvasfingerprintBlock)

Guide to running Firefox under Firejail:

# apt install firejail

$ firejail firefox

Guide complete.

Mint is insecure as hell. Get a better distro buddy.

Get yourself a javascript blocker and discover the unique experience of a common site trying to load so many scripts that the menu for it goes off the botttom your screen. Then get yourself

*Then get yourself RequestPolicy to break your pages further.

I've found the best combination of FF addons to be:
Decentraleyes
Flashgot
HTTPS Everywhere
NoScript (scripts globally enabled, just for ABE and XSS)
Privacy Badger
RequestPolicy
uBlock Origin

Most sites aren't broken, and the ones that are either are fixed easily, or not worth using.
uMatrix

keyboard messed up, dunno how uMatrix got put below everything else

Any reason why Flashgot and not Downthemall, or is that just personal preferance?

It is personal preference, they're both licensed under the GPL AFAIK. If I need a download "accelerator" I just use JDownloader, which I believe is superior to DownThemAll.

Same as my setup. Sometimes i don't want to spend ten minutes waiting for jdownloader to turn itself on when all i wanna do is download a webm off Holla Forums, so DownThemAll is pretty convenient for me since it's literally one button.

Huh, Flashgot gets everything off of pages for me reliably. ChanThreadWatch is pretty much the best when it comes to archiving threads though: github.com/SuperGouge/ChanThreadWatch

(fags like you) x 1000 ---> (startpage) ---> (jewgle)
(jewgle) ---> (startpage) ---> (fags like you)

Tweaking the search engines used in the preferences helped a lot for me on searx.me. They both seem to have the same search engines set up, but it might be that searx.me is in Google's list of clients to send altered results. Results just seem to be dropped from Startpage occasionally.

It MITMs your search queries and sends it to Google so your IP won't be gotten by them.

what did he mean by this?

Isn't Request Policy+uMatrix kind of redundant? I could say the same about Privacy Badger, but I guess that serves a more specific purpose.

he means your shit is getting mixed in with thousands of other nerds shit

not a hard concept shitdick

You should also control your settings, for example with github.com/pyllyukko/user.js. It disables things like geolocation etc. You will probably have to modify it so it's more usable.

You don't need any plugins.

No, you're still one in a million.
amiunique.org/fp

Yo where is this from, want to want it in full

good goy.

watch?v=OgBQ1tOvFcI

This. Google alters its results to fulfill a political agenda. It will be bad no matter the proxy.

No, you have to run VM in VM, then in second VM you should run tor network.

not even close

Should I run my palemoon under firejail?