I started cleaning one of our families swords. I think I'm going to take a dremel to it tomorrow

I started cleaning one of our families swords. I think I'm going to take a dremel to it tomorrow.
Anyone know a lot about Knights Templar swords?

Before/after a big of polishing.

Find a dedicated enthusiast site and ask them about it before you do anything major. Can't afford to be wrecking history.

I thought this engraving was cool. I think the handle is ivory.

I know if its old as fuck you probably shouldn't be cleaning it yourself. Potentially destroying the value

From the scabbard, this stuff was black before I polished it.

I'm just doing this stuff with the silver-polishing rag. I don't think it's that old: like victorian era, or particularly valuable. Mostly sentimental.

WASTE
YOU FUCKING HOMO

Name engraved.

Plz no bully. Heathen.

LEAVE IT THE FUCK ALONE YOU MORON! YOU ARE DESTROYING ALL OF THE PATINA IT HAS ACQUIRED FROM AGE! YOU ARE MAKING IT WORSE YOU FUCKING IDIOT

Seems to be a US company that produced ceremonial shit for police and fire departments around 1870-1920.

Was your great grandpa a policeman or something?

Its a reproduction. A real KT sword would be worth millions.

is a patina seen as valuable?

The Knight's Templar were demon worshiping crypto-kikes.

Yes

Yeah I googled the company and found some similar things but it's a little different. He was a Treasurer for the county I don't think he got it because of profession.

Not crusades Knight Templars, they're an order in the Free Masons.

Not for victorian-era swords.

It's a free mason sword. Grandpa had a similar sword at my dad's place.

Its cute, but not worth much

How do you take care of the scabbard? The plate metal on mine has some rust so I can't polish that part.

Well, at least you got a good reaction face out of it OP.

You take care of it by STOPPING WHAT THE FUCK YOU ARE DOING AND TAKING IT TO A PROPER RESTORATION COMPANY

Your grandad is rolling in his grave at the thought of his worthless offspring fucking up so hard

You just devalued that sword by hundreds of dollars and it will take a hundreds of years to regain said value. Don't clean valuable antiques.

My grandpa had a full-time maid and never bothered to have her clean the thing. I don't think he was over concerned about it.
I'm not entirely naive to cleaning metals, even if I sound off-handed, all I've done is use the silver-polishing rags by hand. You can't hurt anything with it. It is a valid concern for someone on the internet though.

Nice edit. I'll try to get a better picture of it when I'm done with it tomorrow.

It's Masonic. During ritual a brother would stand outside the door with that sword and make sure nobody came in.

i'm taking from this than when i cleaned my great uncles rising sun badge from ww2 i shouldn't have?

Are the people that stand outside important or are they like goobers that earning their stripes? Also what do Knights Templars do within Free Masonry?

JMO, it's yours and if you want it to be shiny then make it shiny. Plus it can prevent rust. But obviously people itt know all about caring for valuable metals because they watch pawn stars.

KEK works in mysterious ways

The Knight's Templar worship the same demon that the Mason's worship

whatever m8, it your sword

enhanced4u

I didn't see this yesterday. Bump to say thanks.

Sorry, can't help you. Maybe >>>/his/ can.

Either ceremonial or a reproduction, there is no way this has been used to smite heathens OP, sorry
As for it's worth I really cant say, if it's a reproduction you could sell it to some shmuck for at least $100, if it's real and older than 200-300 years it's probably worth alot more, it's just that not alot of people want to buy swords from past 1700 unless they were used in a famous battle by a high ranking soldier

OP will just have to fix that.

Don't take advice from some fuck who can't spell

oh look its anonymous

how many families you got op