Between Windows 8.1 and 10, which is the easier to debloat and purge of spyware?

Between Windows 8.1 and 10, which is the easier to debloat and purge of spyware?

I know how GNU/Linux is all the rage here on Holla Forums but surely many of you will also have experience getting under the hood of Windows?

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/tech/w7tele.html
bgr.com/2015/08/14/windows-10-spying-prevention-privacy-tools/
gnu.org/philosophy/judge-internet-usage.en.html
github.com/craig-sanders/aegis-voat
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Between 8.1 and 10?

Also, fuck you.

It has to be one of those two, work demands it.

>read the tech sticky 8ch.net/tech/w7tele.html
t-thanks

There are many pre-made solutions to that for Windows 10. I dunno which one is better (there are at least 10 different ones), but as long as one of those receives regular updates and is open source, it should be fine.
Here's 6
bgr.com/2015/08/14/windows-10-spying-prevention-privacy-tools/

Won't removing some of these updates fuck with -net compatibility?

*.net

You keep using that word.

Got a better name for Microsoft's "Customer Experience Improvement Program"?

There's a guy who made his own Windows 9 out of 8.1 embedded edition, with some tweaks. Never used it myself but it's worth checking out.
If you're that worried about spyware just don't connect that computer to the Internet. Debloating it usually leaves you with a broken system.

Telemetry is not spyware. Spyware implies lack of user consent.

And telemetry doesn't?

It doesn't. Telemetry can be opt-in. Windows 10's telemetry is not an example of that though.

But it is an example. They're not pulling a gun on you and coercing you into using Windows 10.

Yes they are through vendor lock in. The average fag don't know how to install Linux. Microsoft's forced updates of Windows 7 to 10 actually for the most worked for average computer users.

Is it their machine?

please remember that it's non free/libre software (aka= no transparency of source code and more) there is no warranty that it will not reactivate at the will of Microsoft via the internet or via a specific events or masked updates.

It is not because you see that it's unchecked in the gui that it is unchecked in the code.

Either the users controls the computer

Their is no compromise on that and if you think there is you'll be surprised one day.

Either the users control the program (free software) or the program controls the users
--RMS
From this article
gnu.org/philosophy/judge-internet-usage.en.html

7 is crap and slow. OP, just use 8.1 and use stop botnet script.

I'm so glad I listened to this message a long time ago and started my transition back then. RMS has been proven right again with Windows 8/10 and pretty much all the Windows version.

Found the retard

If you absolutely have to use a modern Windows the sanest way is in a sandboxed VM install of their enterprise version. Preferably not connected to the internet.

A lot of law firms or companies that deal with private medical records have stringent requirements for their lawsuit insurance on who they're allowed to share data with or are regulated by law. Because of these clients that are routinely audited Microsoft has to provide instructions on removing any telemetry data collection.

Those instructions are very different and far more in depth to what they provide to their typical customers. It really isn't worth the hassle compared to quarantining it in a safe environment.

I really wish this was all just overblown paranoia by freetards but it isn't. 'getting under the hood' of Windows isn't a realistic option unless you're a state actor provided the source code and compilers by Microsoft. Nations that aren't provided this access are trying to stop using it.

there will never be any shortage of redundant questions in this world.

how the fuck can you can under hood of windows when win is poprietary? reverse engineering of whole OS isnt very helpful you know

Look OP, we all know you want privacy and shit while playing your favorite vidyas (everyone wants it here), but you simply can't with both Win7 and 8/8.1, let alone 10. Don't even bother downloading a shitload of useless scripts/registry edits, just use VGA Passthrough on Linux and you're set for life.

There's the Aegis/Voat script that the creator stopped updating because he seemed to think Voat was censoring him or something. There's one fork that has updates to the original but it has not had a major revision since March.

This is the fork.

github.com/craig-sanders/aegis-voat

It was very good and I was recommending it to everybody. I ran it on family's computers too. Now I think someone should really put in the effort to become a new maintainer. I'd do it myself but I don't want to secept myself to Windows period.