Why are younger millennials computer illiterate?

archive.is/dSA5s

Other urls found in this thread:

coding2learn.org/blog/2013/07/29/kids-cant-use-computers/
archive.is/i3Uix
commodore.ca/manuals/c64_users_guide
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amalgam_(dentistry)
archive.is/mqYid
archive.is/4Z6CV
npr.org/sections/thesalt/2015/12/16/459981099/how-the-food-industry-helps-engineer-our-cravings
code.google.com/codejam/contest/5224486/scoreboard#
imaging-resource.com/PRODS/samsung-nx1/FULLRES/yvid_SAM_0235-UHD_Sample1.MP4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bioglass
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apatite
liveleak.com/view?i=f38_1427830234
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_B._Calhoun#Mouse_experiments
ibtimes.co.uk/why-robin-williams-jumanji-isis-jihadis-favourite-movie-1460853
archive.is/oHZfo
english.alarabiya.net/en/variety/2014/08/13/Star-struck-ISIS-Fighters-mourn-Robin-Williams.html
archive.is/44D4V
archive.is/w23ly
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Posting to Facebook isn't coding. Pivot tables in Excel are a lot more useful than mastering Snapchat.

Kids today !!

fix'd it for you OP

Captures the dynamic of technology getting better and better while humanity degenerates back to fucking monkeys

Why post something so old?

Top Kek. We're in the middle of a dark age right now.

Because we've traded more functions for user experience. Kids will have no idea whats going on internally.

Gee, no clue.

What exactly do they mean by "Productivity Applications"

Who is the most beautiful trump family member goys?

www. strawpoll. me/10788999

Because they're fucking casuals.

Looks like I'm guaranteed to still be working in the near term.

You using Linux isn't why people think you're a loser user, it's the fact that you try to argue the merits of Linux with people who literally couldn't care less.

Where were you when 40k became real life?

Can you touch anything without leaving your stink on it, retard?

It's comparable to automobiles.

In the early 20th century, to drive a car you needed to know enough about how it works to repair it when it broke down. In the 50's you could take your car to a mechanic, but there was also a thriving car culture because the engineering was easy to understand and accessible with hand tools.

Now everything is miniaturized and hard to work on without specialized equipment, just as software is locked down to not expose any of its underlying logic.

Wow, what's that all about user?
Take it easy.

This is it. And it's hardly a new thing either. Most people have no idea how their car works or what basic maintenance it requires.

Just say Microsoft Office. We all know that's what you mean.

Here, have an aneurysm, applefag.

The problem is that schools typically don't teach anything about computers. They teach how to use specific programs, like windows or excel or whatever, but they don't teach the basics of computing.

Gen Z fag here, not underage.
Can confirm Gen Z is even worse, surprisingly they can operate totally fucked UIs such as snapchat's without issue, but try to explain a torrent client, iso, zip, dll, or anything like that to them and their head will fucking explode and they'll suddenly have the computer skills of a 70 year old woman.

In the late middle ages it was common for clocks and other complex mechanisms to be made with their functioning parts exposed.

At some point in the early modern era it became the fashion to seal off the mechanisms with some kind of outer casing. This did serve the practical purpose of protecting the mechanisms as well as preventing any humans from getting injured by them.

But when I think about our culture's increasing drift from substance to style, I think of those clocks, going from exposed, to closed. It's sort of an analogy. In the west we've been closing the clocks off for a long time now, and not for any practical purpose.

Tablets are the perfect example of this. They're toys. It's impossible to do anything with them, without downloading some specialized, hand-holding "app". You can't even save a webpage for offline viewing on android without getting some special program.

It's no wonder kids can't code.

The younger generation is majority non-white you see, so they view computers and tablets and cell phones as some magical devices that do things when you click on them. They don't understand how they work because they lack the brain capacity to understand it.

Why did you even post this?

Voting for the God Emperor Himself

Pick one.

Back to 4cuck/reddit, newfriend.

LOL

Keep on buying those grey plastic figurines marked up by ridiculose amounts friend!

DROWN YOURSELF IN SEMEN

Top kek how does it feel to be a closet tranny?

The price doesn't come into it.
40k is probably the least jew universe in all fiction.
You're waifu is shit btw.

You guys should be less obvious. At least switch IPs or something. It's embarrassing.

IOS

MACBOOKS

WINDOWS 10

The corporations want the youth to be as stupid as the boomers.

Why is this man so angry?

This is true my younger siblings don't even know enough to restart the computer when it freezes they just stand up and say "the computer wont work"

Nah, shitskins aren't the only problem. I work in tech and you'd be truly shocked at how many young white people don't know how to do basic computer stuff. Even scarier, most of them don't even know how to use google or other search engines to learn about the things they don't know.

And the most disturbing thing about all of this is that it isn't just a problem with end users. All these SJW colleges are pumping out computer scientists who can barely program.

Programs that produce value,

Microsoft Office, Adobe Suit, Coding programs,Autocad programs.

Basically most programs you need to complete a project, or programs professionals use to work.

Nice. I'm 31 and I wonder whether I would feel like an old fart next to 14 year old whiz kids who had exposure from birth to internet/PCs.

This article sums up why I no longer doubt my superiority

Because they're used to "User Friendly Interface" and other nonsense. I actually had someone over at my house once and they pushed their finger on my monitor to try to open my internet browser. She turned to me and said "Your computer's broken!" when it wouldn't open. She literally thought all computers were touch screen. She was 27 years old. Yes, this is a true story and people are that stupid.

The biggest difference is that tech went from productive platforms , mostly PC to mobile consumption platforms.

95% of kids, use their phone or tablet, and at most a labtop.

Also, remember that back in the day, you had to make an effort to gain CPU access, now it is so mainstream that the skill has been abased along with it's user base.

More users = more shitty people.

You can lead a whore to water, but you can't make her drink.

You should have drowned her in the toilet.

When you make shit is so simple that a child can do it, expect people to never develop an understanding beyond that of a child.

Because the goal is to kill knowledge in the efficient use of computers.

Computers are a tool that can't be censored. By design. So the design isn't being attacked. The user's capability is.

SURROUND YOURSELF IN DREAMIN'

because ya never experienced MS-DoS

nowadays, people don't even know what .exe means, they grew up with windows.

So it's Da Jooz fault kids don't want to program?

Meds.

I don't know jack shit about computers despite spending most of my life on one tbh.The closest I've come is designing a mod for Victoria 2 this month, for personal use

I've met people who don't even know that you can save images to their computers and that you can get music from other sources than Itunes. It's sad.

Some people go in fucking circles without understanding how the process works.

Take for example faceberg logins. There was a case of people googling the login page and clicking the first result and typing their info into a box, but the first link was a shitty blog and the fucks typed their info in the comments section trying to login to Facebook.

Or the chucklefuck that googles google in the address bar in order to google something?
They ritualize how they got to everything not knowing about the address bar's autocomplete function, and look at you like a fucking techpriest wizard when you take a single second to go where it takes 5 minutes for them.

And then they yell at you for not stroking their ego enough.

I'll tell you what, I may be a Windows baby but I bitterly miss the older versions. This piece of shit I'm using now seems like something out of Idiocracy. When I fucking looked into this piece of shit after Windows tried to force me to update to their no doubt shittier newer version, I discovered that the program that controls for updates is moderated by another program which can only be modified by the first program. What the fuck is this shit? Luckily the tech boys hooked me up. Fuck Windows. If I weren't a retard I'd switch to a nerd OS.

Yep, yep, people aren't as smart as you. It's their fault the world is so bad. You are smart and better than them.

Also, take your meds.

dude your a dickhead.
what is darwin?

was reflecting

in a more modern tone.

You're literally retarded.

[triggered]

Look at their forced anime vs 40k shitposting and drawn your own conclusions as to why they post what they post.

I feel computer illiterate with all these goddamn niggerified websites these days.
Terry was right, simple but close to the metal computing is the future, everything is made for niggers now and nobody knows how computers work.
Whenever I go back to my MSX I feel at home, web2.0 and windows after 7 make me feel like a nigger. fuck the devil and the CIA.

I think what user was trying to say is that all the niceties of 21st Century GUIs we're used to were made by people who understood exactly what was happening beneath all the appealing images, whereas nearly all users of them today have little to no understanding. Modern computing is, to them, magic. Their thought process is:
It's basically children playing with fireworks; they have literally zero consideration as to what goes in to making those fun things possible or what they're even actually doing in terms of reactions etc.

We're all like that to some degree, though. Few of us on Holla Forums, if any, could make Doritos. Sure, some big dumb manpig would charge around saying "HURR DAT EASY, U JUS TAKE DIS, AND SUMMA DIS, DEN TROW IT IN A OVEN, DEN DO TIHS UDDER STUFFS 2 IT" for an hour, but even using all of the ingredients from the nutrition label, they wouldn't taste the same.

Modern conveniences in general are magic to us because we've created a culture that relies on others being so ridiculously specialized that we can't see the forest, only our own little branch of our particular tree.

I'm not that surprised. Most younger millennials, hell people in general. have utterly no knowledge of the tech they're using. A person can type on a keyboard or drive a car, but doesn't mean they know how it functions.

It's a shame people don't take the time to learn about the things they use, but they'd prefer to watch some reality TV or some dumb shit on youtube instead.

Can't use Linux with applications I use do my work.
congrats on being able to use it fap to traps

Lain isn't culture of any kind, just is.

thats because you'd need a fully stocked chemistry lab and have to make a few special orders

how's it feel to be a fat balding CIA nigger?

I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning
Help me to breathe
I am hurting, I have lost it all
I am losing
Help me to breathe

Learning chode confirmed for CIA nigger.

You'd be surprised, user.

they can't breathe because they've spent too much time in their ponds.

once again, prepare to be surprised.

See the Def Con talk: "The Coming War on General Purpose Computing"

good point.
I don't usually check that deeply and reply to a post based on it's, shall we call them "merits"

I find more and more every day that the average Holla Forumsack can't even use a simple search engine; that everything needs to be spoonfed to them.

In one of the Trump threads, I had this conversation:

Couldn't even take 3 seconds to type "Giuliani RNC 2016" into a search engine. I had to shake my head and walk away.

That's a human aspect. Its got nothing to do with computer illiteracy.

Modern consumer technology is too retard-proof user-friendly, so kids raised on more modern technology are going to have less ability to deal with more complicated interfaces.

I know, but I just like to live under the delusion that there is some basic level of competency in modern society that is greater than just having a fucking pulse.

NONSENSE! We can make 40k into anime! Where are the unaltered 40k originals??

Obligatory read on why kid can't use computers (and we're fucked):

Exactly. Most of the food we eat is all this ultra-processed shit designed to mimic real food, but it tastes so much different. If you've ever gone from eating typical grocery store Frankenfood to real food grown by an actual farmer, or even just some guy with some spare time and a back yard, you know what I mean.

And even if you're provided 100% of the actual ingredients for this shit, all the weird processes they put it through will make it too different from what the vast majority of us could ever hope to produce.

I don't either, but some out of the blue feud between Holla Forums subhobbies raises some alarms. Gotta keep an eye on these blatant niggers.

Conversation over the internet is different than conversation in real life.

Although, even in real life, if you need to look something up while in a conversation, you have that tool at your disposal - usually in your hip pocket.

I make my own special recipes for a bread/cake that I eat often, and my suite mates think I'm some kind of master chef. Its seriously just mixing four or five ingredients together in a bowl and putting it in the oven. Good as fuck, highly nutrious, organic, and cheap

The surprises never stop
:^)

Proving my point about
Manpig arrogance and conceit knows no bounds.

gr8 b8 m8, i r8 proprietary / 10

Part of the pleasure in using imageboards and forums like this is the conversation. We're not purely rational beings. Sometimes we do irrational things that are necessary for our well being. Having conversation and feeling like you're exchanging information with a peer is one of those. There's a little bit of a dopamine rush when you ask a question and people answer you. Its a social reward. Don't berate socially isolated people in this socially isolated generation for simulating a normal exchange

There is no greentext in real life.

cutting a tortilla up and putting that bitch in some oil isn't complex at all.
I bet the CIA nigger still has his mummy fry up the crisps.

How do you live?

You're right, but stop posting avatars. It detracts from your comment.

Granted, but one would think that if using this as the primary medium of exchange, then one would learn how to use it. Otherwise, it sounds like a foreigner trying desperately to speak English.

The physical equivalent to greentext is body language and tone of voice. A raised eyebrow serves the function of >implying

You ever notice that most people with toddlers these days are allowing them to play with iphones and touchscreen devices as a form of babysitting?

Just wait until those kids grow up, they'll barely be describable as human, the damage is going to be intense.

I was a "kid" a few years ago and I know why.
Because regular programs don't teach you fucking coding.
90% of my shithead class didn't even know how to use the inspect tool or what ctrl+v is.

This will be my pleasure. When I'm considered socially adept by comparison to those iphone baby retards. Its already happening

Computing is so ridiculously convenient now that you're allowed to have no clue what the fuck is going on. I mean god damn it was even apples slogan at one time. "It just works"

Keep proving me right. And while you're at it, go follow your own instructions on making Doritos and see how they taste completely different from what you were expecting.

Are you jewish or are you israeli?

Here you go faggot: archive.is/i3Uix

You're a mod ain'cha?

How's it feel to be a turboautist?

I remember how excited I was when I got a 386sx desktop PC with DR DOS 5.0

It was delivered with a box of software and an inches think DR DOS manual. I had to figure out almost totally by myself how to write config.sys and autoexec.bat files to get most of the games to work.

These days I try to give a nice gaming PC (handme down) to a nephew and he gives up on the first minor hurdle, doesn't care to learn about maintenance at all, and runs off to play the latest touchscreen malware game or console game instead.

It baffles me but they simply do not give a fuck to learn anything

One day I will be the wise elder

Are you fucking serious?
You never greentext irl?
What you do is get a bucket of green paint and a funnel, and you put the green paint in your mouth but don't swallow, so when you speak green paint comes out of your mouth indicating you are greentexting.
Make sure the paint has lead in it.

N-no?

the only way to learn to program is by doing it.
download an MSX emulator and the operator's manual or just start fucking around with BASIC after reading the c64 manual.
commodore.ca/manuals/c64_users_guide
not sure where the MSX one is, try >>>/pdf/
get coding or stay a nigger, kid.

Go put a tortilla in hot oil, try not to burn your house down, and tell me how it tastes a million times better than your kike'd out GMO garbage.

This has a lot to do with it.

Also, most people are just dummies. I'm sure the percentage of "computer nerds" who could code and build computers from scratch in the 80's is proportionate to the young people who can do it today.

The popular opinion that if you remove or add "X" from society then it will naturally spark some sort of awakening in the people is a stale meme. This is why redpilling doesn't work on a lot of normies. They are waiting for the popular opinion to change, not a sperg spweing out facts.

Exposing more people to technology won't make them better at understanding it. If that was true then we wouldn't be literally coddling the masses with UI that even a toddler could use. literally, my toddler nephews can use iPads and have the technical understanding of most adults

Funny, because you seem to be immune to bans.

just in case someone who doesn't know any better read that post, doing that stuff can badly hurt you irl, or worse

don't do it

use wine faggot, my ex fucked up her work laptop by dropping it (bricked the hard drive), she freaked the fuck out thinking she had to go to the GEEK SQUAD of all things. Said she wanted windoze for reasons and for work. I installed fucking Slackware of all things, set XFCE up with a fake windows icon, set up autologin and installed her faggoty MS word and shit under wine. Wine-pipelight plugin for netflix. She literally thought I magically installed windows XP, and I did nothing to change her mind. Keep in mind this is what folks consider one of the hardest to use linux distributions.

It's what happens when you push common core and standardized testing on kids. The will to learn becomes atrophied.

Anyone with a simple VPN is immune to bans.

Sorry, I should have put a spoiler or something…

Most normalfag teens back in the 80's had no fucking clue how to use computers, either.

True.i developed a bad ass attitude during my early years of education because I was so sick and tired of their stupid bullshit despite being shuttled into the gifted programs. Now its coming back to bite me in the ass, especially with math which I can't feign knowledge of

These are the stormderps who think they'll carry out a second Holocaust.

Hitlerious.

Android is an operating system designed for children.

What the hell are you even on about? Your retarded Apple products aren't any better. The OSes that come bundled with commercial tablets are all designed to give simple, but incredibly shallow functionality to the users. The whole goal is to make users have to purchase lots of "apps" to get anything done.

It's a scam designed to ensnare retards. That makes you their prime demographic.

I am fortunate enough to be of the older generation. I graduated high school (1990) just before standardized testing became the norm and graduated college (1995 BA, 1998 D. Jur) just before campuses became SJW safespace hiveminds.

One day you'll learn that you should NEVER do tech support for friends or family.

gas yourself faggot

Yeah but their ID changes every time the evade.

Edcuated do other dumb shit, like brushing their teeth with one of the most toxic and destructive elements to human health: fluorine.

I believe it.

I blame the consolized phone "no user-servicable parts inside" dumbing down of pretty much everything. Using a computer used to take at least some skill. Now, there's nothing except a toddler-tier interface. It's pathetic.

I just don't understand how you Holla Forums literate anons know the shit you know.

I can't google someone when I don't even know what it is that I do not know.

I never really learned to code, but I notice a distinct similarity between younger kids and boomers with their tech ineptitude.

Someone already said it, but by far the most shocking thing to me is people are unable to use google to figure shit out

I wonder if librarians have similar frustrations.

The best way to become Holla Forums literate is to admit that it's something you don't know, but put forth the effort to learn how to describe it.

A professor of mine once said that when learning a foreign language there are only two phrases you need to know: "what is this?" and "Thank you". Everything else will fall into place.

obviously this is due to millenials using children's toys like iphones and apple products - and they're too soft to take off the training wheels with zero drive for making things better. how can you fuel ambition when there's no challenges to overcome? this comfy life is their downfall

Come to think of it, libraries all use computers these days, so of course they do. Card catalogues are dead.

When I was a kid we had a whole class devoted to learning the Dewey decimal system and how to use a card catalog. Librarians are often flustered when someone can't use a simple tool.

That doesn't just shock me, it pisses me the fuck off.
These spoiled little cunts have absolutely fucking everything fucking handed to them and they can't be arsed to even look for what they need to know.

The jewry in dentistry is unbelievable. Those cheeky fucks only care about lining their pockets

Fucking wot?

I just don't understand how you Holla Forums literate anons know the shit you know.

I can't google someone when I don'>>6798817
t even know what it is that I do not know.>The best way to become Holla Forums literate is to admit that it's something you don't know, but put forth the effort to learn how to describe it.
I admit that I don't know that much about computers, but I have no idea how to become Holla Forums literate. Where the fuck do you even start? There is so much I do not know, but I don't even know what I do not know so I can't just google shit.

I bet you have a great smile

They used to use amalgams made with mercury.

Pretty sure they don't anymore. At least not in America.

A dental filling can be an amalgam containing mercury, but it's a very tiny amount. You should educate yourself about mercury before you jump on the fearmongering. It's harmful in very large doses to rats.

Are you a rat?

Replied to the wrong fucker, mate.

It's the inevitable result of the (((Education system))) They don't teach people to learn, they teach them how to go through rituals. When performed correctly, they are rewarded with a high grade. Most people remember like 10% (high estimate) of what they learn in school.

Take the Physics class I took last semester. The textbook just gives you a list of magic functions to solve the problems, and doesn't even mention how they are derived from one another.

Your local library, my boy! If you don't have a library card, there's something in life you're missing.

Barring that, get a copy of Bernard Grob's "Basic Electronics" and read it like it's the fucking Bible.

You stupid dense weeb, that was the whole point of Lain. People hide part of themselves online, showing people only the parts of themselves they want to present.

I will never understand this. If one knows how to search the internet for products to purchase how are they unable to use it to find information they need to complete a task?

Yet it rings 100% true. I have lost count of the amount of times I have solved problems for certain friends within seconds by a simple web search.

It baffles me, truly.

The amalgams used are typically 50% mercury. It's not "a very tiny amount".

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amalgam_(dentistry)

You are probably misremembering a (deliberately misleading) claim that the amalgam causes "very little" mercury exposure.

Posting on facebook and twitter does not make you an expert in computer programming.

Just how big do you think a filling is? 50% of barely nothing is half of barely nothing.

I will read this.

Even so mercury become stable when combined with silver and/or tin.

They can't even install drivers.

Most fillings are still amalgum

It's around 50% mercury in almost all amalgum fillings

Cmon folks, read about it before spouting off. The industry wont move away from amalgum because it's (((totally safe))) and insurance will not cover the newer types of fillings except in edge cases where extremely visible

see

There was a short window in time where computer literacy was at its highest.
I would say it was around the 90's when computers were common and cheap enough to be easily avaliable yet still required some knowledge to use.

You won't regret it.

I don't even know what drivers are.

No user, they USED to make amalgams with silver, hence "silver filling." But they switched to mercury for some indiscernable reason. now its falling out of vogue because putting FUCKING MERCURY into your mouth is retarded and people are waking up to the medical establishments jewry thanks to open access to information on the internet

Rats are usually used as a model organism for predicting effects in humans because of their close physiological similarity and ease of use. Anyways you'd have to be MAD AS A FUCKING HATTER to think putting mercury directly into your fucking mouth is a good idea.

The only rat here is you, fucking dentist scum.

So they claim.

Imagine what would happen if it turned out they are wrong. You think those mesothelioma lawsuit commercials on TV are bad, just imagine the shitstorm that bad news on mercury amalgam filings would cause.

I am curious what the medical communities consensus on this matter would be if the entire industry were guaranteed immunity from any liability.

The dark age of technology was when humanity reached its height with technological advancement before slannesh was fucked into existence. If your going to larp about 40k at least know what your talking about you dumb nigger,

Can't into IDs, eh? I'm not a dentist.

I also eat canned salmon from time to time and, yet, I still graduated college. Fillings are very tiny things. If they get too big, they cap the tooth - they don't fill it.

Well, none of my filings are amalgam. I assumed they stopped using it all together.

Wikipedia says the practice is a few hundred years old, but of course Jews have been around for even longer, so you might be right about the Jew/silver connection.

Are you implying vice and sex hasn't taken over the majority of first world nations and that we aren't at a technical highwater point of tech?

what are you on about.

I was saying that there is no difference between the clock post regarding hiding the mechanisms behind the aesthetic, the same can be said about OSX (Darwin UNIX) Jesus I have to explain to you at this level. OSX is *nix based, its just hidden very well. I found the post ironic about linux vs. mac.

I use all operating systems I have to as part of my job.

I never even mentioned the stone walled garden of apps or even anything to do with android.

A year ago I would not have to explain this. what has happened. where did all the Holla Forumsacks go?

Putting a small amount of mercury into your tooth is worse than swallowing the same amount. If you were to smaller that small chunk, much of it that was absorbed would be filtered as best as possible and the majority shit out. But putting a (((small amount))) of a majorly toxic element into your tooth allows the chemical to slowly dissolve and be absorbed directly into the bloodstream. Elemental poisoning is generally worse than other poisons because even after the chemical compound is dissassembled the element itself is extremely toxic of its own accord and tends to be stored in the tissues when the body can't figure out what the fuck to do with it. A little mercury amalgam poisons you every single day and that shit will pretty much never leave your body.

Thankfully a lot of dentists are switching to slightly more sane options by reason of popular demand. At the end of the day they need to make boatloads of money and their smarter customers don't want fucking mercury or fluorine in their mouths.

Ludicrously small amounts of mercury can royally fuck you up, if it is bonded with the right organic compounds.

Infamously, see dimethylmercury. If a single drop of that shit touches your skin, you will have a very painful death.

Mercury bound up in a stable amalgam is probably safe, but the question you should be asking is how confident are you in this jew science, and how much risk do you want to take.

Used to play with mercury in chem lab when I was in high school.

You people really are scared of nothing.

Pure mercury is relatively safe. Put it in your mouth and subject it to exposure to whatever chemicals you put in your mouth for the rest of your life? There is some risk there.

You absolutely were not playing around with dimethylmercury.

sage for off topic, but I had a thought the other day: We could literally replace all keyboards with Dvorak keyboards and 98% of people would never notice, seeing as how every time they sit down in front of a keyboard they act like they've never seen one before

When fucking someone to death while doing a line of coke off a dead hookers ass is common place you can make that comparison
Believe it or not outside of social media and pop culture there are advancements being made in technology, and we're a long way from reaching terminator tier A.I.

The Jew scares the shit out of the public and then profits from the "brand new fear free" product they sell to dentists.

Everything you fear, you fear because the Jew wants you to be afraid. It's their life blood, fear.

You do realize mercury is still used to treat cholera today right? in shithole turd-world nations but still

Gotta admit, I don't think that's more that 10 years off.
Technical was the keyword in that line, we wont see it drop below right now until we reach the top and start dropping.

Listen. The Romans used to sweeten their wine and line their aqueducts with lead. It did not immediately kill them and probably tasted quite refreshing. They would probably think you were crazy if you told them lead was extremely toxic, even in small amounts. A little today, a little tomorrow, it adds up. Elemental toxins tend not to leave your body but get shuttled into your tissues as an emergency maneuver to protect you from immediate sickness. Oftentimes people who go on "cleansing" regiments or clean up their lifestyle suddenly get majorly fucked up when all the elemental toxins stored throughout their body get shaken into their bloodstream

Another fine Jewish invention.

The funny thing about the Romans and lead is that the lead they used in their plumbing probably saved them from more diseases and epidemics than it ever caused.

This happens all the time in online games. People (usually new) will ask the local/global chat for help rather than search online, or just read the in-game help.

It most certainly is, as you say, a social thing.

Goddamn, you'rea special kind of stupid. That's like saying that table salt is toxic because sodium chloride contains chlorine atoms. Read a fucking book, fag.

t. chemical engineer

Kikes.

Thats a fine reason for you yourself to enjoy lead-flavored beverages. Why don't you give it a shot?

Rome became extremely stupid, violent, and decadent, and the national character of the city closely mirrored the cognitive effects of lead poisoning.

There is no reason to use mercury fillings when you can use silver.

There is no reason to use lead when you can use copper and zinc.

sasuga Holla Forums typing this sentence completely unironically

Shit, just the fact that they had plumbing at all saved countless millions of lives.

Nobody ever mentions that. It's not like there was better technology around at the time that they were neglecting to use. The Roman quality of life was the best quality of life in the world at the time, and their lead plumbing was a big part of the reason.

holy mother of derails.

What role do you think fluorine plays in human physiology?

t. molecular biology student

Pro-tip: nothing.

The US didn't ban lead in paint until 1978. When I was a kid there was lead paint, leaded gasoline, and - in some cases - lead pipes.

Your fears are founded in modern superstition brought on by Jewish owned companies looking to sell a product, but can't sell it until you're too afraid to stick with what you've got.

I'll take a guess.

When I was a kid I had to figure out the proper settings for IRQ and DMA channels to get my games to work, I would have to make a special boot disk so some game would have enough extended memory to play. I had to mess with drivers and other weirdness to try and get my joystick to function properly. So I had no ambition or goal other than my own personal entertainment but that required a certain level of knowledge.

Now kids don't even use personal computers or even the incredibly cheap and high-quality laptops that are out there, they grow up with phones and fucking tablets. Some them don't even type that well, they are so used to swyping with their fingers on their phones and letting Google figure out what they intended to write that they don't have decent typing speed. Even some of the most vapid bitches that I knew while growing up could type fast because they gossiped on IRC all the time after school.

To be completely honest it is likely one of the most jewed fictional universes outside of the holocaust but in 40k the holocaust actually happens.

FUCKING LOOK AT HIM
Also being the only faggot who hasn't gotten pozzed by 500 men last year can be damaging to the psyche

You're quite naive newfriend

You got me there, with the way things are going it will get a lot worse before it gets better.
to compare it to warhammer though you would need a catastrophic event that fucks all of our current technology at one (slannesh's birth) not a decline.

but I'm getting off topic and I don't want to derail this thread, back on topic.

I've noticed alot of software(windows 8 and 10 being good examples) it being made around the idea of being accessible and easy to use, and that is translating into making a UI that looks like something from a "baby's first computer toy" with no more than 7 huge ass bright buttons, compared to when I was raised where you had a machine when you could do almost anything if you had to knowledge.

Probably not so much the piping. Romans, in general, used earthen pipes. It's the aristocracy that used lead piping and boiled beverages in lead pots.

This. And Jewish education system doesn't teach kids any practical shit (as its designed to).

Yeah, kek, I saw a video of some guys who got some 10 year old streamer to fucking cook his damn computer on stream to fix it.

They're just too easy to fuck with, I swear, each generation is getting stupider with irl common sense and with internet common sense.

Lead poisons every single organ system.

Y'know, your generation are the worst bunch of fuck ups. You're the ones who introduced all sorts of toxic shit like plastic.

Tell that to the MAJORITY of young boys who will be born with some degree of autism and hypospadias in four years, you piece of shit

Post TFW "tech-savvy" these days means being familiar with the layout of (((faceberg))) and (((twatter))), keeping up with the goy trends such as (((Snapchat))), and owning over priced consumerist crap such as (((apple))).

Like this nigger here.

Rome became extremely stupid, violent, and decadent?

1) Decadence is better than being a mud-dwelling savage, like the rest of the world was compared to Romans.

2) Violence was one of Rome's finest attributes.

3) The political decline of Rome was unavoidable, read John Glubb. You can't blame the decline of Rome on lead, because lead exposure was constant throughout the history of lead-plumbed Rome. Lead exposure doesn't explain a progressing idiocy needed to explain the decline of Rome.

3a) Rome lasted longer than any other true empire to date, so if the difference between them and us is lead, then shit. Maybe we should start drinking it.

3b) After reading John Glubb, revisit the decadence issue.

It's not in (((their))) interest to have thinking individuals.

So, you agree with the Jew that autism is real and don't forget to get your Jewmeds … but you fear the Jew for conspiring with the dentists to make you use various toothpastes and mandatory vaccinations …

They got you comin' and goin', kid.

Oh, and uh, plastics, DDT, and whatever are the generation before me.

Pre-windows masterrace checking in. I learned on an Apple II, practicing how to make the turtle melt the comp. Literally the first PC generation checking in

The body stores things like fluorine and lead in your bones when it doesn't have the means to dispose of it properly. Fluorine and other poisons structurally weaken bones, which is better than what they would do if they weren't stored in the bone.

Yes, autism is real. Xenoestrogenic pollution in utero hypermasculinizes the fetal male brain and feminizes the genitalia. The result is a generation of hyperlogical supreme gentleman with malformed microdicks.

(((corporations))), you mean?

nigga you supposed to spit that shit out and rinse your mouth afterwards

I think micropenises is more likely a consequence of obesity.

A chink and a nigger? No, I won't be watching that

It shouldn't be in your mouth in the first place. Its memery. What do you think about fluoridation of the public water supply? You can't spit that out–you have to shower in it. Your food is grown with it.

I swallowed my tooth paste a lot as a kid…
Am I gonna be okay, user?

I'll admit I don't know how to write code, so as far as things go I'm "computer illiterate." I can get by well enough though. I'm not looking to make websites for a living. I work with my hands. I don't need to know shit about computers. I've never used social media though, and my smart phone and kindle never get used (so I don't use apps, aside from a few chrome apps). I'm so embarrassed that I have real world skills that humanity will always require. Oh no! Why did I not go to college and learn how to write code so I could be unemployed seeking small jobs on craigslist? Anyone need a website? Man if only I could make vidya games! Fucking sick of stupid kids these days acting like a job working with wood is an embarrassment because it's not glorified or glamorous.

The hypospadias I'm referring to at the extremely unfortunate end of the spectrum results in external genitaila indistinguishable from a vagina.

I blame smartphones

any idiot can use a smartphone, without understanding any of the core concepts of how programs work

In mild cases the urethra exists somewhere along the middle of the shaft

better yet you should never even give them the impression that you can do it; I've had family members scream at me that I was ruining their lives for not agreeing to fix their computer problem that I knew I couldn't fix.

DO YOU HAVE PRIDE?

good topic OP, i recently had a little debate concerning this. Thing is considering all the metadata = $$ thats been going on, the entire NZ for example is completely tech illiterate, even Kim said so.
Its all part of the plan it is no biggie, if the globalists wanted them to know tech or even basics on how the web works, they would have taught them so but in this scenario keeping them in the dark works in globalists' favour. Easier to manipulate, i mean just look at how many people especially women cant tech for shit, its easier to say "cyber bully, so new policy" but in truth its just a cover for them to push their policies after cultivating a tech dumb demographic.

Job security, user. "Let me google that for you" is 98% of customer service/IT jobs.

Not even teeth? You got a source on that user? I was taught that calcium fluoride strengthened bones.

my younger siblings age 15 and 16 both want me to torrent lists of music for them and refuse to learn how to do it themselves. "its too hard!" "im not smart like you"… cunts.

YES

That sounds like the absolute worst

Adolf Hitler is smiling on you.

SIEG HEIL

It has no proper place in bones. Its presence is accidental and generally harmful. Fluoride application itself does play a role in dentistry by forming a sort of artifical plaqe on the teeth, which doesn't negate its toxicity. Its basically like subjecting yourself to chemotherapy to fight off a minor infection.

Wait, so you cum out of the middle of your dick?

So you could have your dick halfway in a chick, and not get her pregnant?

inb4 body mods

point them to frostwire or something, that shit is idiot proof.

Probably because they found advertisements for the products. It's like how people go on the internet to find their credit rating but can't find the site that gives it to them for free and pick the site that makes them sign up for a ripoff service.

Teeth are mineralized with hydroxyapatite, fluoride just mimics it in the form of fluorapatite. There's a popular japanese toothpaste you can buy on Amazon without fluoride, and with a synthetic hydroxyapatite (which I believe was called NovaMin in the west before it was taken off the market by GSK or some other conglomerate).

Fluoride is poison.

10 PRINT "SUCK MY COMMODORE 64-INCH DICK"
20 GOTO 10
RUN

BREAK THE CONDITIONING

I find this difficult to believe but I suppose it's possible.

I plead ignorance.

I find it more depressing than anything

We literally have a collection of all human knowledge at our fingertips and people use it to share dumb jewtube videos of a swedecuck screaming while playing video games.

(CHECKED!!!!!)
Then never forget this pain. There is one thing you can never take from an user. And that is his
PRIDE

No, I have a big beautiful penis. But yea, these kids with hypospadias pee etc out of the middle of their dick. Cases very from mild to the complete absence of a penis. Its caused by feminization, or rather incomplete virilization, of the male genitalia in utero. The severely affected boys would never have to worry about getting any woman pregnant, even if they had a dick. In all cases it impairs fertility to a degree.

Man, my mother was that way. It took my father years to teach her how to google shit.

THAT'S TRUE FATHERRRRRR
ACCEPT MEEEEEE

So why the fuck does literally no one ever bring this up? Soes everyone just assume it's a trace element, or is there proof of a deliberate effort to suppress research on this area because toothpaste shekels?

People bring it up all the time, man. Where have you been? Its pretty much parallel mainstream

In case you haven't realized it yet, most people are fucking retarded.

I guess that explains it.

Yeah well the first time it was easy so I agreed to do it–somehow I got a reputation as a master computer wizard who could solve any computer problem and then obviously I was refusing to solve their problem with their software I've never even seen because I'm a selfish jerk.

I've worked with toothpaste manufacturers and this is literally the first time I've heard this. Fuck.

This is a stupid thread. Do you guys seriously not understand how modern society works? Let me explain this to you.

Hundreds of years ago, most people were farmers, and therefore they had to know how to farm or else they were screwed. That was their livelihood, so if they didn't know all about what they were doing, they would be unable to function in their society and would therefore die.

Over time, however, agriculture evolved (the invention of tractors, fertilizers, pesticides, having huge fields rather than family farms, etc), and then we only needed a relatively small percentage of our population to be farmers. They could produce all of the food needed for the rest of the population.

So now what does the rest of the population (non-farmers) do? Other jobs. Amongst them are architects, construction workers, doctors, factory workers, mechanics, miners, ""engineers, programmers"", etc, etc…

The non-farming population doesn't need to know how to farm because other people can do that for them. In turn, the farming population doesn't need to know how to work on a construction site or in a factory, they don't need to know how to treat medical patients, they don't need to know ""how to assemble a computer or program"". Are you following me here?

Think about this. Does your doctor really need to know how his smart phone works? If you called your doctor right now and asked him if he knows how it works and he told you he had no idea, would that make him any less qualified to be a doctor? No, it wouldn't, because knowing how his phone works is ""entirely unrelated"" to his profession.

Now think about this. Unless you're a farmer, do you really need to know how to farm? Or can you just rely on other people to produce fruits, vegetable, meat, etc, for you, while you contribute to society in your own way?

"But user, computers are all around us! How can people not know basic programming or how their computer works?"

How can you not know how to farm when food is all around you? How can you not know how to fix your car's engine when you drive it to work everyday? How can you not know how to build a house when you live in a house?

This is how modern society works: ""People have highly specialized jobs. They focus on their one task so that they can do it highly effectively, and rely on others to perform other specialized tasks for them.""

I for one don't think that the farmers who produced the food I eat, the people who built my house, or my mother who raised me needed to know how to program. I don't think knowing how to do that would have allowed them to have done a better job.

Of course, if I choose to be a programmer, I had better learn how to program if I want to survive. But as for people who don't want to go into a field related to technology, it doesn't matter if they don't know anything about technology beyond turning on their smartphone and opening the Facebook app, if that's what they choose to waste their free time doing, anyway.

""Who cares if kids these days aren't anymore tech savvy than their parents? It doesn't matter unless they're going into a field related to technology. Also pic unrelated.""

the neurological and behavioral effects are even worse

No. He merely needs to understand how to use it.

Nobody but computer engineers need to know how computers work, and nobody but software engineers need to know how the software on those computers work.

But the people who use the computers and software as tools? They should know how to use those tools.

I expect farmers to know how to use their tools. I expect blacksmiths and bakers to know how to use their respective tools. If there is a tool that all of them use, then I expect all of them to know how to use it.

Smartphones and other computers are such tools. If your career requires to you use these tools, then you should know how to use them.

Seriously?

It's summertime in an election year

stop posting this ugly fucking whore

Specialization is for insects, senpai.

Computer Science is not about computers and its not a science. Its a formal description of logic, of algorithims to define a task / solve a problem. As such it is ubiquitous as mathematics or the written word.

KEK HAS SPOKEN

This. (((Cucktorow))) is a huge SJW faggot now but this is from a few years ago when he was less pozzed.

Kek confirms it, that poster needs to be fucking permabanned

This is correct. It's best thought of as a branch of mathematics. In most universities it was taught by mathematics departments until being split off for political dotcom reasons. In some universities CS still is under math.

Do the mods dare defy Kek's will?

Push to provide more user friendly interfaces.
Handheld computers with user friendly interfaces.
They never had to write any code themselves, or edit configs to get something to work.

THE KIKE MODS MUST HONOR KEK'S WILL, RACHPOSTER ETERNAL BAN OR RIOT

To obey his will, one of them will have to be banned if you catch my drift

k

Rachposting must be an automatic ban from now until eternity. Get to work mods.

Checkin that shit for truth.
Rachposter needs to be eliminated.

KEK DEMANDS THE BLOOD OF RACHPOSTER

Ok I laughed.

KEK WILLS IT

Would you look at that?

(checked)

NICE

I used to type in a modified version of in the 80's

10 PRINT "RADIO SHACK SUCKS"

20 GOTO 10

RUN

that's…. actually much better.

Who would have thought that playing games and texting on your phone wasn't real computer skills?

ZX81 master race signing in.

permaban the rachposter(s)

Try harder

I work in User Experience. I sat in an interesting talk about this. Parents used to think "they are on the computer so much, they are smart." But it's almost the opposite, we are breeding "users." If something doesn't work they will throw it out and buy new. They can't be bothered to fix it, they only know how to use.

Someone make a thread calling for permabanning Learningkike, if it gets bumplocked or deleted, you know the mods are kikes.

How to give kids the best tools in this?
Only give them devices with unix installed ?

Don't worry, user, I'm sure there's several types of cancer that will kill you first

underrated post tbh

First day here? The relationship between the BO and that brown person who posts that dyke has been known for quite some time. Just ignore.

Don't worry, we'll always have Ahmed to make some handy dandy cool clocks in the future in the United States of Ameristan.

Heh, guess where that phrase comes from

i feel so terrible for those who don't know tech or don't have any tech friends or family

But muh sleek modernized minimalistic molded cheap not that you should know that goy plastic with a tracking device, microphone, and camera Inside®!

Obviously if everyone had to learn everything nothing would ever get done. The problem is that computers nowadays are designed to be anti-tinkering much like modern cars. For example, hardware that only has a proprietary driver, or worse, rejects drivers not signed by the manufacturer, so you cannot make sense of the hardware or make it work except on one operating system. Or tablets that only allow you to install (((authorized))) apps despite them being capable of much much more.

There was time that HP made great things. One in particular, the HP-71B calculator came with excellent user documentation. But it was also possible to buy techincal documentation including schematics of the hardware and source code for the program ROM. Obviously they cost a fair bit, the actual calculators were around $500, a fair bit of money back then. But good fucking luck trying to do it now.

Millennials are "tech savvy" in the sense that they know about the most popular social signaling sites and the names of the latest popular apps.

That's it.

Take it from a EECS major: these people know absolutely jack shit about technology. It's fucking annoying, because they constantly go on about how "tech savvy" they are. If you ever hear a "tech savvy" millennial talk about "tech issues" ask them these questions and see if they know the answers to any of them:

What is the difference between an interpreted and compiled programming language?

What is a stack?

Why were protection rings first implemented, and what are the functional differences between the four privilege levels?

What functions do an operating system kernel provide?

What are the major instruction set architectures in use today?

What is the difference between CISC and RISC ISAs?

What is a register?

I guarantee you, no "tech savvy" millennial will be able to answer a single one of those questions.

MODS MUST BAN RACHPOSTERS
KEK ORDAINS IT

Milennial Here
Interpreted is read by an interpreter? Compiled is a language that is converted to assembly?
Reserved memory for execution
??????
I really don't know tbh.
x86, x64
???
something to do with memory

EECS? non-burger so maybe its a US specific term, most of your questions make it sound like regular computer science.

Fellow EE here, good choice

I actually am retarded I guess, ISAs are different than system architecture

Czeck'd

He's describing a pretty ubiquitous problem in modern society even if he doesn't realize he's doing so.

All knowledge and expertise evolves from problem solving. But to have problems to solve is a responsiblity we've outsourced by-and-large.

Cars, electronics, taxes, money, maintenance, entertainment. All things we trust in others to do for us so we lack the ability to do it ourselves. This will become increasingly obvious with subsequent generations.

Let me think, by ISAs do you mean like i868 or AMD64?
I guess I was half correct

They're close. x86 and x64 are more or less the same instruction set architecture; x64 is just the 64-bit version of x86, which has a 32 bit address range.

Different ISAs would be things like MIPS, PowerPC, etc.

Electrical Engineering and Computer Science

I figured most "tech savvy" millennials are referring to computers, so I posed computer-related questions. Although I doubt many millennials know what a Zener diode is, either.

I'm happy that the Gahnoo meme is finally being called out moreso than not.

If anyone wants help getting cool software for free, send your requests to Tox: C0CFC7CF34D9E4AE700793064FD788CEDFADBE34D5779F53B20697F464D12D6FC379854AF2AD

(I use Tor exclusively with Tox. When you friend me and then do a netstat, that's not my IP you're seeing…)

Oh right, they are paired together because they are the same faculty, here Engineering is typically paired with Science and Computer Science with Mathematics.

Fair enough.

That's two threads you've spammed your goon meme in now.

Vid very related.

>>>/g/
>>>Holla Forums
Go back to your autism containment board.

Gas yourself.

>>>/freech/

You're going to die.

Get out.

Out.

Filter all namefags.

We expect one of them in the wreckage, brother.

On the bright side, those normies that do call themselves tech-savvy tend to look at us as superhuman geniuses. With the artificial rise of interest in """coding""" you can expect more of these idiots to dribble out of the woodwork.
Did my CS degree a few years ago.

2/7, barely. You got #1 correct, but don't seem to know why, and #5 is correct but notably missing ARM

See

ARM is a meme.

A language that is read and executed by a special program (Python, Bash, etc) vs. one that is compiled into machine code (C/C++, assembly, etc)

An area of memory used as a "history" for call/return instructions, I think it's also used for other stuff now though like local variables. Also generally a type of "first in first out" data structure.

Not sure.

Not sure.

x86/x86-64 and ARM are the two main ones everyone uses day-to-day. I don't know what happens outside of that though. There's other oddballs or outdated ones like RISC-V or SPARC.

I believe that relates to what operations the CPU can actually perform, with RISC being a lot more minimal than CISC. Not actually sure.

Memory within the CPU where operations are actually performed (arithmetic, comparisons, etc). Normally the CPU can only move values between registers and external memory.

I didn't need to know that stuff to build my bread and circus machine and install software to it.

I guess conventional wisdom means "something that an idiot would believe without thinking about it", cause it seems pretty obvious to me why this happens. Computers didn't used to do everything for you. Now we have installers that put things where they go, and we have services that fix your computer if it's not working just right, and you can just look at a thread to fix all of your most basic issues that everyone should be able to figure out on their own, you'd think.

In other words, they don't have to think about it, or even do anything for themselves, so they never learn to. That's just how many people work. Make them do it, or they will take it for granted, and never learn for themselves. It's like giving a kid money. He never learned the value of money, so he blows it on something, and then he has no money. He doesn't understand the point in saving it until he needs it, cause he doesn't see the value of it.

In a similar way, kids don't see the value in learning about the computers that they live their lives on. They just like what they like, and don't really care to learn, cause they don't have to. Someone else can tell them what to do and think.

KEK HAS SPOKEN

But don't you want to know how your electric jewbox works? It governs almost every aspect of your life, either directly or indirectly, so I'd think you'd want to figure out how it works. At the bare minimum, knowing the internals of the software and hardware gives you the ability to see how the Jew spies on you and how to keep your private information private.

May quints permanently murder the Rach-poster, never to be seen again…

Are they? Almost nothing you can do these days lets you work with bare metal. You've got memory management with C/C++, but it's basically just using malloc/new. Most people reckon it as a type of magic. If you really want to be computer literate, you've gotta learn some kind of ASM and learn what the hardware is doing.

Kids, I recommend starting with 6502 for the Atari, NES, or something. It's an easy language to learn, and the general ideas are directly applicable to more modern processors. By the time you're through, you'll be able to read binary/hex, and that will really come in handy when you start working with 32/64-bit systems. :)

Using Microsoft Office and such is pretty easy. Kids may not know how to do it right now, but once they need it for a job, they'll figure it out.

But why not start with something simple and streamlined, like x86?

No. God, no. You have never worked with the average office drone before, have you?

I've seen people at universities who couldn't write a properly formatted paper with Word.

Went and skimmed some Glubb.

In conclusion: ==ALL I FEEL IS RAGE!==

Just shill the fuck out of linux, say you don't know how to/can't fix windoze at all. Install mint or some such and never hear from them again.

I was thinking that an 8-bit system would be easier to start with, mostly because of having only eight bits to deal with at a time. Also, the systems I mentioned are less complicated than a modern computer. It seems easier to me. I don't know. Just go with whatever works for you, I guess.

America's 250 years is rapidly approaching.

I'm not surprised, I do computer repairs and maintenance on the side for some extra cash and at first I was surprised at how so many people my age and younger called me because they didn't know how to install fucking Windows on their computer.

I got a call the other day from a coworker telling me she "can't find the Internet". (She meant Firefox)

It's magic boxes I put together correctly to output textured vectors and sounds to my brain's input devices.

archive.is/mqYid
archive.is/4Z6CV
Unless you live in a 5x5 cubicle I don't see why you can't

Another thing I find frequently when younger people call me that their Windows is running slow is that those gaming master gamers "uninstall" videogames by just dropping them into the recycle bin and then deleting them for good. I never thought I'd just have to run a registry cleaner to earn cash, easiest cash ever.

TRIPS CONFIRM THE QUINTS
MODS REMOVE ALL POSTS OF THAT TRANNY DYKE

I usually get the portable version of vidya, I always use shift+delete and write zeros.

DROWN YOURSELF IN SEMEN

The maddowposter is pic related, an accomplice of Joshua Goldberg.

When a portable version is not available I use the uninstaller.

how often does he masturbate to maddow porn?

I brought this up when I went to the dentist a little while ago, and the lady cleaning my teeth said it was safe to consume because the amount they use in the paste is such a small amount that it wouldn't actually do anything. I wasn't buying any of her shit, but I still let her stick that stuff on my teeth. I have some really bad cavities because of my shitty diet and the fact I haven't been into see the Tooth Jews in almost a decade. What do you recommend for healthy bones and teeth, Dr. user?

Is that different from the previous generations?

It has always been a few that understood the underlying working of tech. Also even people in tech don't know everything, the guy that programs UI doesn't have to know shit about low-level stuff beyond 101 concepts. And the guy that knows low-level stuff couldn't program an UI if his life depended on it. It's just specialization, some people have more fun building things for the normies, while others have more fun making stuff in the fedora area.

Of courssh that generates all kinds of elitist debacles with the lowlevel-networks-machine learning people accusing the web people of being cancerous.

you have his dox?

Theres other shit as well. Frankenfood has been addled with more fat, salt and sugar than natural food in order to make it more addictive, there's even a term for the optimum balance of salt fat and sugar in food, the sweet spot

If you took all the sodium out of those Doritos they would taste unappetizing, and if you removed the phosphoric acid out of soda it'd be so over sweet you'd vomit it out.

npr.org/sections/thesalt/2015/12/16/459981099/how-the-food-industry-helps-engineer-our-cravings

this

regularly and mods do nuffin to stop him

I don't have it but it's floating around on /bahpomet/, the guy is called "learningcode"

Basically, anyone born after 1998 or so got their mind turned to mush by apple products.

But people born in 1980-1995 had to actually be somewhat self-sufficient to make computers work for them. They interacted with programming code and the hardware "under the hood" while today's kids interact with a dumbed down simplified UI for retards.

There was also a big push to make technology accessible to "Developing countries", and this required the further dumbing down of technology so that third worlders could use it (or rather be used by it, and by multinationals intent on squeezing as many shekels as possible out of the global population).

The number of people using the internet globally has been skyrocketing, and simultaneously the average IQ globally has been plummeting.

This news shouldn't be any surprise to anyone paying attention.

Nice digits!

good to know

I am a GNU/Linux Masterace.

Lain has many points, and not all of them confirmed or even real.

tfw i get free "broken" lawn equipment from retards like this all the time
change your air filter lads

even basic classes that the A+ test would cover doesn't teach shit.
there needs to be a basic coding class along side math classes.
I have no idea if typing classes are in schools anymore, but the education system really needs to hammer in the use of key commands at the very least, I know people that work with computers for their job day in day out and don't know anything beyond ctrl a,s,z,x,c, and v if that. this alone can make workflow go so much quicker and it's a fuck load easier to do once you get the hang of remembering commands and learning/hunting for new ones.

Unless Trump manages to win and correctly MAGA, yes, absolutely you do.

Because they all moved to phones.

Something something gets shot by police.

"Why are millennials so completely fucking retarded and useless?"

Gee, I dunno Brian (((PROFFITT))), maybe because you Jews have turned them into mindless slaves that are easy to control but are completely fucking useless in the workforce.

Congrats. You've fucked yourselves, again.

The next big revolution in IT will be in UX design.

We can't keep using those terribly navigatable menus. Memorising those is way too autistic for most people.

Probably the dumbed down tech

Trying to get a C64 game to work without an instruction manual takes a bit of abacus clacking for an 8~ year old.
Same goes for DOS, and trouble shooting it when they don't load properly.

Now if kids want to play Pokemon GO, they literally touch it and it opens.

that's the point until shit gets fucked in ep. 7
then the point is more like "self-replicating ideas can permeate without a catalyst and are therefore God; there is no difference between ideas conveyed online or in reality"

Eh, why not.
Interpreted languages use interpreters (duh, I know) and can be ported easier to different computers since they aren't in machine code (like compiled programs,) but are generally considered slower.

Reserved memory. only the "top" of the stack can be accessed ("Popped") at any given time and each instruction/variable/etc put on the stack is "pushed" on top.

Protection rings protect the OS from unauthorized access (intrusions, faults, bad code, etc)

I learned 5 rings, not 4, with hardware in the center, kernel was ring 1, utility programs was ring 2, application programs was ring 3 and user access was ring 4. Might be remembering wrong, though. (or the book for the class was shit, which wouldn't surprise me)

It connects the hardware to the software

Others have answered this: x86, x64, ARM

RISCs have very few instruction sets (down to one) but use up a lot more registers to function. CISCs have a lot of complex functions and are considered "faster" (though speed is really dependent on memory registers.) They're also generally used in Intel chips (that is to say most CISC chips are Intel, not the other way around)
I wouldn't have known any of this a year ago

The best ones are the ones who stick the desktop shortcut in the recycle bin and call it a day.

Have you encountered the internet explorer toolbar hoarder?

that's BIOS, kernel manages that at the software level giving it complete control of the system + software level memory mgmt.

What, you think those idiots know about portable versions of videogames? I doubt they even installed those games themselves. It's really sad that I can earn cash from fixing computers when I don't even know that much about computers anyway.

Though I must say that the guy making the fedora stuff could learn to program an UI and make one if he puts his mind to it. He probably doesn't care though, finds it boring.

Millenials is completely meaningless. The kids born between 1985 and 1990 are completely different than those born after 1995.

The 1995 crowd is completely retarded.

It's me, I'm the tech-illiterate dumby.

Most people do not have a strong drive to think. They are only confronted with abstract problems and knowledge sets through necessity. As a consequence, something like using a computer is done so only on a rote and perfunctory basis. Have you ever had more fun configuring something unfamiliar in a system, rather than actually using the software after fixing it? This is the tradition of home linux use.

However, computing feels dead to me recently. All tech companies are collaborators. Consoles are locked down. Smartphones are shit. The internet is completely termited by google and spy agencies. Freenet, i2p, and when necessary, even tor are completely sybil attacked to shit. Video card drivers are just 200 megabytes of program-specific workarounds and hacks.

What do we have all this amazing 14nm hardware for again?

SkyrimModding.txt

Tech companies are desperately trying to learn russian for a reason.

Exactly.

Oh, and streaming video can be added to the list of things I hate as well. Youtube streams "4K" video which has massive palette smears all over the place.

Not directly, but I've had a call-center job or two where people ask how to remove "the Yahoo" at the top of their screen or complain that it takes so long to load when it "didn't used to."
I'd usually just play dumb and help them log in to their damn account

Which means in the nuclear apocalypse the fedoras would be granted bunker space. While web people are left to die in the nukes explosions and radiation.

The feel indeed.

End user apps these days are so idiot proof that theres no challenge to learn from, unless you go looking for it.
Steam and netflix killed warez so theres not alot of interesting stuff left to do for kids, unless youre really into some fringe computing.

I grew up with fucking DOS so to be able to do anything at all you had to learn alot of basics, all of my younger buddies atleast knew how to download and install warez and some basic networking for LAN.
With win10, the PC is basically like a smartphone, with a GUI a trained monkey could operate.

why are you posting a picture of a monkey with a computer and write about millenials ?

Eh, IT is 20% know-how, 40% jewgle-it and 40% BS-your-way-to-believeability.
That's what I hear anyway, I'm still in the middle of my IT degree

code.google.com/codejam/contest/5224486/scoreboard#

Look at the results of code jam 2015. Not a single america.

2004 is as far as you have to go back to see the american flag in the top 3. Even then one of them's a nguyen.

I read a book from 1930 about "the Russian soul" once and the author said "Russians like to tinker" - Seems like he was right.

My alcoholic pot head father left an old broken thermometer in a plastic tube laying around. I was about eight and so I played with the "fun rolling silver stuff" that came out when I opened the tube to see what was inside.

Pretty telling that there's not a single nigger on that list

anytime I build, and setup, a computer or engine.

I know the feeling, this shit bugs me more than anything because it's been crawling into the torrent scene for a few years now. 900MB "1080p" BD rip? yeah that sounds about right for the fucking audio tracks alone.
even netflix has a completely SHIT bitrate for 1080p content. it would look leagues better at the same bitrate but for 720p and had it upscale on the fly. I know perfectly well why they do this, but it could be done so much better. it's to bad normalfags can't see this shit, because animu encoders have spoilt me fucking rotten to the point I wont watch anything without a BD or good encode. kind of a good thing in the end

Your numbers are wrong, but the idea is spot on.

It seems to me that the "millenial" label is an entirely voluntary one. Whereas 99% of boomers were scum, and 99% of gen x were bluepilled drones, the "millenial" archetype is far from adequately representative of that age group.

I think the reason for this is the mainly the internet. It's funny like that. "Millenials" or "Generation I" are probably the first to belong to a generation that is not all-encompassing, sure there are loads of brain dead normies but conservatism is strongly rising in the youth.

I think that generally, those too young to remember dial up modems are more likely to place no value on technology and just take it for granted. They became old enough to use the internet around 2007, that magic year, and ever since have used it as their personal grievances platform, like a diary that answers back with all the affirmation and encouragement of a real person. Where previously a kid would storm into their room and yell into their pillow about how much they hate their parents, nowadays they can rant about it online and someone will inevitably answer, "No you're right, your parents are actually wrong and retarded."

tldr
Don't fret, there's a pretty big sub-generational schism. In fact I'd say it's bigger than the inter-generational one.

why would they even still have excel being taught?

all those fucking idiots in offices who spend more time on facebook then working on "really important spreadsheets" are easily replaced with a fucking app

imaging-resource.com/PRODS/samsung-nx1/FULLRES/yvid_SAM_0235-UHD_Sample1.MP4

(450 MB)

Compare this HEVC 4K encode. Roughly 10 megabytes per second. Now look at the typical streamed 4k quality. This is what we're missing out on, largely because streaming is an anti-piracy measure.

But C++ comes so naturally to muhlennyills. I wonder why de dont computer more?

Not that you are wrong but this sound a bit too much like a rationalization for normalfaggotry. You saw what happened after GamerGoy. Now we have Jew faggots like Milo teaching kids how to be "alt-right" to fight against the "regressives" and be "cultural libertarians" . Demanding people are not spoon feed is something about boar culture that needs to be enforced to make sure it maintains some degree of quality despite the shills.

Every Day is the last day of Harvest! Work as hard as possible and consume as much as possible. The 'merican Dream.

my potato AMD build can't handle all that goodness

Because they grew up with products designed for illiterates?

Back in the day when you had a PC you needed to know how to fucking work it.
I often spend as much time getting a game to run as I that I played the game.
And it was fun! Household computers where something new and exciting, it was a world the adults did not know about. When I look at young kids in my environment they do`nt give a damn about computers, sure they enjoy a game and chat on phones but computers are just there.
And although the hardware does advance what actually sells are trinkets. The Iphone is a piece of crap when you see what it actually does. Yet it looks good and you can chat with it.
I`ve never had any formal education after turning 18, yet my pay is above the average that a family earns in my country. The reason for this is that most people did not grow up in that small time frame when computer where exciting and rather crappy (I did enjoy my good `l PeeCee). And this has given me an edge in my career. "user we need some information from the internet" or "user, I have these two excel files and I really want to have it in one".
One time a team needed to have the information from two columns in Excel put into one, a team member was given 80 hours to do this while working from home.
And This is from a western-European country.

Same way here. I like a bit of bloat (especially on some MMD videos I encoded) and don't want to watch anything important at mediocre quality. How people can complain about grain and other detail is beyond me.

Pet peeve of mine is when they skimp on the audio quality as if no one would notice. I don't have 500 dollar headphones but I can tell well enough when they do it.

Any archive anime I have is usually 1080p, flac audio, and encoded at 10bit. Why settle for mediocrity like the rest of society does these days?

I blame windows getting it's shit together.

Getting windows 95 to not freeze was an artform in and of itself.

why not?

Blu-ray encoding is very inefficient compression-wise, it wouldn't surprise me if re-encoding to FLAC is smaller than the original. For video, it's unacceptably large and always worth re-encoding to something much smaller. Also because some Blu-ray releases are upscales, it's not worth uploading a 1080p re-encode.

One summer me and my m8 would reinstall 95 so many times that the product key was burned into our minds.

Is not precise in this case. Intellectual capability are hampered as well as the actual user capabilities like running a self modified program or piping from one into the other.

The iPhone SE finally has 2GB of RAM, but only because developers complained. You still pay 400 dollars.

Can confirm. Kids these days only know how to use useless apps that are epic fun and devices with one button on them. I went to college and got a degree and got a job out of it eventually, but I've changed careers a few times since then. Out of all that I've made the most money off of one skill: managing spreadsheets in excel.

As long as kids are still retards I should be employed until I'm 70 kek

Hello, brothers.

You can still buy toothpaste containing NovaMin from the UK and other Euro countries online. Look around.
NovaMin is a brand name for bioglass, which itself is very interesting stuff: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bioglass

So what is your retarded point? We're all dependent on China because muh globalization and chip factory displacement?

Look, the general tone was about how almost nobody knows what an abstraction (file, button, link, program) is and can't think outside of skeuomorph (iCloud, agenda with paperpages) shit. We all know that we can't replicate a Foot long or Big Mac, but that is not the point. I pray to Allah most consumers there in Burger Meat Central still know that the meat comes from cows, so if they want to GMO cows they at least get the picture what that means, so they could hypothetically educated themselves about the consequences.
Metaphorically in tech this would be the DMCA, trusted computing or webm mp4/h265.
Once I heard 32bit means slower than 64bit, so this device is bad. That is on the same level as pork is haram JUST BECAUSE now shut up and eat lamb imported from Oz.

That Video is the condensed example of the whole thread.

Right, great, but there was NEVER a time where everyone needed to understand how computers worked, so why are we backsliding? It's not that the common person had a particularly deep understanding of computers, it's that the current generation are markedly more retarded. A better comparison might be actual literacy, with people today being less functionally literate, and markedly less eloquent, than a few generations back, despite communication being increasingly vital for our society.

It's a shit system. When you get more and more specialized it takes less effort to tear it all down. Just take out one link in the system and it all comes tumbling down because people are too retarded to learn anything other than what they have to to survive in a modern world.

Besides this is more like if you grew up on a farm and never learned anything about farming yourself but instead followed your pops' orders without thinking and when he dies it all falls to shit because you can't think for yourself.

install gentoo

Libraries have become homeless shelters.

What?! NO!

Fluorine is for the apatite in the teeth, that is why you give children fluorine free paste up to their second teeth, because they swallow a lot while brushing their teeth. A compromise is to use fluoridated paste only mondays and thursdays. My dentist thinks that might work. But he also told me that nutrition influences how much nitrite is in your saliva and this in turn can be moderation on tooth harming bacteria. NOT the sugar part, but other macro ingredients. I forgot which, but I am not very often there.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apatite

Recommendable is a hermetic sealing for young teeth. I had that and we never had any cavities. Those children who "went naked" had their first mercury fillings in their 20ies but I think that has also a lot to do with general parenting. I had plastic, but there are composite-ceramic options today.

Do with those info what you want. Probably evading sugary foods, not brushing teeth after aggressive acidity and brushing them with a low abrasive paste is about 99% of prevention and health.

I knew how to do that when I was 5, my parents put me in front of a computer when I was 4…

(it was a shitty Apple computer but this was back in the 90s)

Touchscreen computers are fucking dumb unless you need one to draw on it like a tablet, there's literally no point to them.

Then again, me knowing nothing I ask sometimes those ubertechies about how they evade the problem of the Intel Management Engine and they either have a blank stare ("You mean if I use AMD?") or the shrug it off as hypothetical. Today, nobody reads trusting trust except the madhat tinfoil hatters and philosophers.
Engineers have the biggest cucking mentalities of all professions. They follow. They hivemind. They are the perfected tool for Silicon Valley.
(((They))) tried to take over the world with priests, militaries, lawyers and medicine.
Priests went into nitpicking schisma mode, militaries were made obsolete by insurgencies and huge cities, lawyers get sidestepped by actual mafia and medicine failed the promise of long life. Now they try it with engineers and you know what, it works. But in difference to earlier attempts where priests at least could construct their own system of beliefs or military being about following orders into death the engineers can't live out their core values. Silicon valley made engineering repulsive to all outsiders by jewing engineers off their money and producing vapor ware and banana ware (gets maybe ripe at the premise of customer). Techies still don't see it because muh 82k for entry level position, I must be right because I earn shekels.

People are just now realizing this?

Hilarious.

LOAD"*",8,1

Get on my level.

I'm more a console guy anyways but i figured out somethings but not enough to fix the worst problems.

Pretty much this

1995 is to late. The half life of general knowledge in IT is about three years, but also the general abilities and ability to expand knowledge began decaying after 1980 with half life of three years. I guess I am at the correct 30% level and my younger brother, despite working technically has left over some 15%. The question is what do you do with the last 15%, dicking on tinder or try to jump over this hurdle and get stuff done. My family is a prime example. I had to figure out Opera to surf galleries with Miss Jpeg in it on 32MB RAM (I still don't know how I did this and who gave me the idea) but my brother could just use what we elder configured. He had to run into a problem at work to learn the same thing - 10 years later.

THIS completly

30 here, have a millenial nephew, he's CONSTANTLY on his fucking smartphone, btw millenial girls are becoming whores younger and younger now via this narcissistic and voyeuristic culture… but he doesn't know shit about computer, he couldn't even do a google search right (their 70s parents are not that better btw, completly clueless generation).

Btw is it just my case or haven't you seen how millenials just dont give a fuck about video games ? but they'll instead watch much more stupid e-celebs playing for them…

They also have literally all the knowledge and culture available but are dumber and dumber and cant possibly give any shit to discover anything new or different.

And lets not talk about the total wiggerification of pop culture and the mainstream.

Check 'em.

My god, this drives me nuts. I've tried to show three different women how to use torrents and they always get frustrated really quickly and say that they "Don't get this complicated computer stuff". My best friend taught me how to torrent when we were about 14 (this would have been in 2006/2007), and I was show in about ten minutes how to do it and I've never had to be shown anything again on the matter. I've taught a few guys how to do it, and they don't seem to grasp it too easily for what it is, but they still do get it.

I rarely pat myself on the back, but I'm actually a great instructor. I think so many people think their computer is some scary device that is going to try to murder them if they press one wrong button that isn't a Facebook or Twitter "Like" or "Share This" button because that's all they ever use. I remember in my first year of college when I had to take a mandatory course for my program that was literally nothing but one semester long class on using MS Office. I couldn't believe it when about half of my peers had no idea how to make a run of the mill Powerpoint presentation on day one, and actually had to learn it from the course.

That is the fundamental difference between the vastness of Russia and the vastness of Northern Africa. In Russia, if you don't use your off time to tinker around, you die. You need to tinker, to try new stuff, to repair your hut, to fix that cloth.

In the desert and savanna, you better be looking holes in the air, because nothing fucking ever happens and you have to save energy. You see it in their eyes. Northern/NE Africans can just sit on a bench and stare blank for minutes, hours even, while Kongo nogs are just restless animals hiphoping around. To sit still and do nothing is a skill too, but a deadly one for capitalism.

You use toilet paper, and watch a television, drive a vehicle.
You probably have a vague idea about how they are made.
Why haven't you made a breakthrough in travel, tv or toilet paper production? Work in any of those fields?
For most people just because something has a cpu and vast array of uses doesn't make it any different to any other object in their life. Most people are simply consumer rabbit sheep. They create nothing, why should they? There's always someone else to do it, or it's already been done.
And making new and better stuff is challenging, and being challenged is almost like being triggered. Competition where someone wins and everyone else loses? Discovering your strengths and weaknesses?
Failing?
Boo, no, bad, not equal, hateful and probably racist.

Why do slavs code?

The smarter the devices, the dumber the people

How about Bruce Merry and Sergio Sancho?

Good post, sir.

(checked)
When it comes to torrents, I still don't understand how someone can't grasp the most barebones basics there is to it and that's "lotsa seeders good, lotsa leechers bad", you could explain this to a child and they could understand it. That being said, one of my friends taught his girlfriend how to download torrents and 2 days later she somehow managed to get a virus on her computer, so from that I've concluded that if someone needs something it's best if I find it, download it and install it myself.

They adapted their algorithm to compensate alot of that, but still i have to cringe every time i see people trying to write a letter to google.

First time i heard someone mentioned their google-fu i didnt get it, but kids nowadays cant even make a fist.

Back in the day you had to open ports in your ADSL router for bittorrent. But downloading torrents themselves? psh.

The main problems the family has with torrents is acquiring fake ones for movies which aren't out on disk yet (WoW).

Checked.

Nobody ever had to teach me shit about how to use torrents. I just figured it the fuck out after Limewire died, and nobody had to fucking teach me how to use Limewire either because I just figured THAT the fuck out too.

It has nothing to do with "understanding computers". I'm an electrical engineer. I understand computers from the semiconductor physics all the way up to the fancy web app javascript and everything inbetween. I didn't know ANY of that when I learned how to use torrents.

It's not that they're too dumb to figure it out, because a dumb 14 year old could fucking figure it out. It's about complete and utter unwillingness to even TRY to give a half of a shit about anything they're doing. They don't give a fuck. They don't want to give a fuck. If you try to help them give a fuck they'll just get mad. They don't want to learn how to change their wallpaper, they don't know where any of their files are saved on the computer nor do they give enough of a shit to try to organize them (then they ask YOU to help them pick what to backup as if you have any more idea about which of their personal fucking files are important or not). They have music "collections" that are just 500 songs thrown into a single folder and run through iTunes with 60 "Unknown Album" in them and they just don't fucking care.

Actually that last bit isn't true anymore they don't even have music. They just pay for spotify or whatever cancerous streaming service will do it all for them.

Because slav-land is a dystopia hellhole filled with nothing but suicide inducing despair and economic ruin. Coding acts as a substitute for vodka by being a cheap and intellectually stimulating way to take your mind off how awful your situation is.

The stronger the government the weaker the people.

Let me share a war story from around 2001. There was a time when one dude got per configuration accident ONE MILLION BYTES PER SECOND. Then that summer he discovered a better way than IRC to download movies, this torrent thing, why so fucking fast?

Three years later he had binders with movies, his goal of a thousand films was achieved. The whole part of the town never ratted out to the ISP so they had faster access for years.

This is only the beginning.

most current desktop ones are fucking terrible too, shit panel, shit backlight, shit build, shit stand, huge bezels, god forbid you get an IR touchscreen anything could set it off, getting dirt and skin oil on a screen impeding the image.
like you said, a wacom type drawing screen is an exception. i also make an exception to touchscreen laptops, the digitizer doubles as a screen protector so it has some worth when someone pokes your panel with their sharp fingernail

I don't get watching people play games at fucking all. a small review about it, sure. but holy fuck, how the hell can you watch hours of some fuck building in autismcraft is beyond me.
I don't give much of a shit about games, the tech for games is more interesting than any game I've come across lately.
I'd like to try some racing games with VR and a good wheel, but that shit is pricey.

Dude, you're taking me back to the summer when me and my dad decided to backup all our music CDs onto a bunch of HDDs he bought. To put into perspective when it comes to CDs me and my dad have a collection on 925 albums.

Just to rant some more…

A big part of computer illiteracy is sheer laziness, and is yet another example of how people expect to be coddled and have someone else do things for them.

I rarely look at my Facebook account any more but this used to happen almost every day that I would look there about two or so years ago: someone (usually a chick) would make a status update asking for people to help them to help them find the name of the song. It would usually be explained as "Oh you know, it's that catchy song from that Honda commercial and it's played allll the time haha" or whatever, and it would be by some band like The Black Keys or some singer like Ed Sheeran or anyone else you hear on TV ads. This may seem like nothing but to me I see:

If you can hear "They wanna get my/Gold on the ceiling/I ain't blind/Just a matter of time" while you're watching TV or at the mall or wherever, and can't figure out a way to find out which song that belongs to, you're a complete sloth.

The posting is for social reasons, as noted above.

But laziness is definitely the main feature of the tech illiterati rather than stupidity.

not any different then me forgetting 90% of the shit I learned in high school I guess since I never have to use it

and

And no, most are completely out of the loop. My gf had once told a cosperger, look it up then. "How?" "You type into google how-do-I-enlarge-a-column-in-excel" She is now the secret computer genius. Bonus points to her because women from other divisions cross the building and ask here how she would solve that problem. Because you know, female bonding, sisterhood etc.

We were once looking for an apartment. The women there said, while looking into her eyes, me standing a little apart "well you know very well as a women, we don't have it with technology". We were both so dumbstruck, we couldn't utter a word.

Yay, another EE

Whats your current work?

I am currently doing highspeed digital (SATA 6G/s) and power converter design

Soon we get MC6800000 based computers.
Make Computers Great Again.

You know why Google became so good at speech and pattern recognition? Because the average user is incapable of using key words. They instead search for "I'm 16 and pregnant what do I do help".

I first misread this as her being taught to google office problems and thereby becoming self sufficient.

Then I reread it.

and the fact most android phone run googles apps with all their speech input and other bullshit scary tracking stuff.

Let's Plays are so popular because they're essentially social emulators with added benefits, they provide the same dopamine surges related to human interaction and playing games but without ANY needed work from the end user; it's like how women used to watch all their talk shows and soap operas, it's just another niche outlet for social desires through our warped modernity

It's obvious why: they've never had to use real computers, just streamlined techo-toys where they only have to push a button or swipe a screen and if something goes wrong just throw it out and buy a new device. In the 80s and 90s we had to learn how to use computers, we needed to learn to navigate DOS, you usually needed at least a basic understanding of simple programming language and logic, needed to be able to troubleshoot problems, do repairs and upgrades. They've never had to build a computer or upgrade components, the only internet they know are corporate content farms and data-mining social media, never had to read a manual, never had to program, never had to fix anything, just click or swipe.

Yeah and the more complex shit now is garbage that has nowhere near the lifespan of the older simpler stuff. We really need a bit technological regression, increased complexity for the sake of "progress" is stupidity.

So I put my phone in the microwave for 30 mins to hatch an egg, but nothing happened. Was I suppose to turn it on?

race mixing probably

You forgot (or maybe I didn't see it) abstractions.
Abstractions, abstractions, abstractions. Everything is some mental concept they are unable to grasp. Wetter it's poor upbringing, pure laziness, sheer idiocy is irrelevant. It's there, and it's heavily exploited. Ironically by a lot of Jews.
It's the same with food, it's the same with computers, it's the same with cars, same with house maintenance and unfortunately the same with raising a child.
Any issue is something you can pay someone else to do. You can buy a microwave-meal, and it fills the same need as a fresh home-made dinner. You don't get brownie-points for the execution of making a dinner, but you can get social points (likes, retweets, thumb ups and so on) by showing the end result.
Or you can not partake in the "food-race" and pay for someone else to do it. Wetter a big corporation, or some expensive "organic salad bar", or some poor Chinese person who tries to make a living.

The idea that pizza is bread-like with filling, or a tortilla is not different from pizzadough is foreign. A tortilla is a tortilla, while pita is pita, and pizza is pizza. That they share some common features is a foreign idea.

It's all pushed to some big mental wall that you can either dedicated a lot of time learning (and lose out on social-time) or you can pay someone and go on about your day.

I notice in myself, that it's more engaging to read about a movie then to watch the movie itself, because of the whole interaction. Or to watch something live, then to watch it as a replay even though it's the same thing. But mentally, they are totally different.

If you idiots think Excel isn't used extensively in upper management even now you're fucking mad. It's an incredibly useful software, it is also a software you can't get to upper management in a big corp without mastering.

I worked for JPMorgan, Microsoft and then Goldman Sachs, and now I run my own business in IT. Let me tell you. They use them a shitload, an absolute shitload.

That's what the push to automation is doing to our whole society. People cheer it on and dream of UBI and all the freedom they'll have, but they'll all be worthless dependents who don't know how to do shit and are completely extraneous to society.

Sometimes improvements from one perspective are detrimental and regressive from more essential perspectives.

i took some coding classes in high-school and generally enjoyed it. I don't remember what exactly triggered me out of it, but it probably had to do with unstable living conditions, being a WoW-addicted autist, hanging around vigin-autists in a high school filled with weebs, SJWs and feminists. Not emo, but in general i did well up until we got to the point of feminists teaching us math and computer science. the only class i did well in had a strong male teacher and role model in computer engineering, that was the only time in high school i loved technology and wanted to get into science and math, circuits, coding in C, but i was too weak to withstand the negative sjw energies swirling around and got sucked into WoW to escape emotional turmoil.

meh

You know sage isn't a downvote, right?

Yeah, you just explained while we're all dependents on a technological machine that could give out over any of thousands of possible scenarios and is the system which lets our kike enemies dominate us.

Do you have to know how to do any farming today? No. But not knowing how to do any basic farming means you're completely reliant on others for your sustenance. Same with anything else.

anyone remember xtg?

She doesn't like it. The confluence of feminist bullshit and "cryptic" computer stuff is dangerous.
But she leveraged it into her being now teacher of the staff for certain things (of a corporate headquarter of thousands, not some concrete hauler's corner office…) and getting a big fat raise of a few percent. We weeped for a second how retarded this world has become and then went out to dinner.
This is the secret anonfathers have to teach their daughters. The world is so full of shit that you if you are competent in an area where women lead (HR, corporate bullshitting headquarters etc.) you can very easily get ahead.

This is the true double pressure women have, not between household and work, but between the vulture women at work and their socialite bullshit and actual work well done to get ahead in front of the sane men and women.

how many ways can (((one))) ask this question? you have to go back. you can't stay here. that aside, most computers today don't matter, and literacy in what doesn't matter is not missed, just claimed (e.g. pretend standing). this is just one element of the bigger picture, and your efforts to distract attention to a highly narrow subset of that picture only highlight yourself further in these times. it is pathognomonic for jew.

Fucking blew my mind.

Look into old books of Appropriate Tech of the 70ies. I can't find them here, because reportedly it was an American Movement.

Germans call it gesunder Menschenverstand or, much less judgy, common sense.

And they should. It's an incredible, simple, easy, adaptable program that can be virtually molded to automatize anything by simple imputing the correct amount in the correct box, and integrating variables.

Heck, if you want, you can automatize the variables update itself. Truly a simple masterpiece.

The moral hazard of not knowing how stuff works is to get arrogant vis-a-vis those doing the work. Blue or white collar does not matter. I think the British Empire Class society worked because it was straight forward what an electrician, machinist or lawyer did back then. Today the EECS is the one fucking up my computers, lawyers fuck up the Internet and the divorce and the machinist was outsourced to China and is out of work.

Funny because literally every job I apply for REALLY wants you to be proficient in excel.

I'm still using 8.1 but I had to install classic shell to be able to tolerate this garbage. Fucking winjews.

Fuck you m8, my family were poor as dirt and I didn't have a PC until literally everyone else did pretty late in the game.

This. They're so full of themselves with their knowledge of stupid shit like this, but then if you take them outside they'd probably get lost on the front lawn.

Their immune systems are probably weaker than a toothpick

no

I'll tell you what the fuck it is. Its a feminine mentality among the younger generation. I know because I was guilty of it at times. But for lack of any channel for my masculine energies, I funneled everything I had into lifting weights and fucking bitches. Got my dick wet in middle school at the movie theater and in the fuckin class room. These hoes have always been hungry for a man. But most of these guys just wanna be a nice guy and never rock the boat.

If only being a nigger wasn't one of the only option for a young guy. Seriously, its fuck and fight or get cucked, I don't care what a nice guy, how hard of a worker, how good of a husband you would be. If you want these bitches you gotta be willing to beat them, cheat on them, throw them away, and they will love you for it.

A weak patriarchal dynamic is probably responsible for Africa's condition. The "it takes a village" queen mentality originates from there because women have a lot more social sway than in Europe, Asia, or Mesopotamia. For a young guy in a matriarcalh society you literally have to out nig the nigs if you want female attention and respect

I just throw LP's, reviews and what not as background noise when doing things, only sometimes do I actively watch them. So people actually watch these for some weird vicarious social experience?

You can lead a horticulture, but you can't make her think.

Mods really ought to deliver-
BAN RACHPOSTER

because we grew up with computers that were fairly difficult to use and had a steep learning curve. If you wanted to pooter you had to learn a significant amount of shit at a bare minimum.

Now electronics are nigger friendly. And thus… When ever any aspect of life is made easier it has a net negative effect on the quality of the people that use that new easier innovation.

the faggot mods are best friends forever with learning code.

Digits everywhere
Did user just mine a fucking bitcoin?

Linux Mint is fuckin' easier to setup than Windows is (if you count "installing all the apps you actually use" as part of setup). And it's brain-dead to install, as well.

I have relatives in their 70s who use Mint for all their computing needs, and they need way less babysitting than they did on Windows

can confirm
i teach millenials how to program, and you have to teach them things such as "how to do long division" because they can't figure it out

I'm talking about shit like "what is 128 divided by 16" – if the divisor has two digits they give up

My stepbrother can literally build computers and install obscure operating systems from the deep web, but when I accidentally got a virus because I literally clicked on the first link on google (adblocker usually gets rid of it), and he's like "dont worry man, just go into c and delete it then it will be gone". Like, millennials are so anti-tech it's not even funny.
Even the older young generation who used myspace used to get into html coding because of the cool profiles.

Your stepbrother is still hundreds of miles ahead than your run-of-the-mill millenial if that's true.

you mean there wasnt a drop down menu to select your designs?!

Mr unibomber was right. The more technology progresses the weaker the minds and bodies of humans. Its simple biology. The less we have to struggle the less we try and the less we do.

You know the kind of stack they know, user
also keep in mind how many of them think Randi, who impossibly broke the vidya she was working on that it's still fugged to this day, and was 'let go' without being tied to it that it was so embarrassing to admit a person did it and not a random algorithmic error, is 31337 gubmint hacker tier to them.
And she earns more per month sitting on her fat arse on twatter than most anyone 'round here. (especially after nabbing all of zoe and wu's pitybuxxx for promising to 'fix' twitter. Yeah, how's that going?)

pic related

I know what I'm doing and I would prefer it.

Also because I wouldn't have to do 50 zillion things to make my vidya work since a majority is still DOS/3.1
Hodj & Podj ftw motherfucker!
Win 95's answer to mario party.

Actually some of ya'll that know both on and offline coding should make some sorta "Hamachi for retro vidya" and then we delve into /scurv/ and play some Steel Panthers and Strife.

You know what's the best example for that?
CARS
Ever since womyn became the primary purchasers, look at how autos, especially in the US have changed.
Like 40-60% of the shit you used to be able to fix yourself has been walled away from you and only licensed dealers have the things necessary to take them off.
And if you were a dealer and take them off yourself, you won't have a fucking up-to-date codebook that allows you to reset all the electronics because they stop functioning once the circuit's 'compromised' in some way to prevent at-home fiddling.
The more egg-mobile-like the car, the more likely it learns towards that 60%
Like I decided to fix a busted headlight on one of our work vehicles and the thing just would not start after. Turns out doing anything more than an oil change and not being a dealer means it doesn't recognise any longer the key you put in it.
Fucking electronic cars.

I run into this problem with even drag&drops like bittornado where all you need to do is tell it where to put the files. .rar seems an exceptional hurdle too. They're used to that newer "built-into-windows-winzip clone" or whatever on the rightclick menu.

who the fuck knows how to/uses power point anyway? I'd never understand it because I've never seen it used before anywhere. Total alien language brah.

You can't make a breakthrough in any of those due to patent squatters or monopolisation, usually.
MS practices are pretty standard nowadays. Someone found a better way than you? Buy'em out, or buy their patents and trademarks, and memory hole'em. GM did that constantly ever since the 1930s even, so they were quite a bit ahead of the ballgame. Sold a couple aeronautics designs to lockheed 'fore I was woke, never been used.
Now I just hoard it all in a scrapbook like Lichtenberg or Da Vinci.

That explains why they overrun the games they do, at least.

There's really like 3 types of LPs, normies only consume the first though.
Dev Commentary LP used to be pretty big on the real indies, watched Danny Remar a couple times, and once when he played Notrium while Ville played Iji. Those are a bit like watching a movie with director's commentary on, they'll stop what they're doing occasionally to explain how they made things work or why they made the story in this part go that way. Neat shit.
The third style kind of overlaps, No-hits and Speedruns, where sometimes just due to the nature of avoiding foes it becomes a speedrun. It's kinda like vidyalympics, it's using actual skill rather than watching some retard dying to the same trap over and over again. The ones that use in-game exploits or the TAS ones are pretty wild, like watching a game on fast forwards. Again, interesting because they might explain the tools used or use a bunch of shortcuts and glitches you never knew about. The 4 minute Oblivion run is utterly ridiculous.

One example: There's a pixel-perfect glitch on PS Mega men where you can bypass the loading area by jumping THROUGH the wall. You not only teleport past the checkpoint screen, but wind up standing behind the boss too. Shaves like 30 seconds per stage off. Pros nail it every single time. These other two sorts of LPs are more like auto aficionados talking shop while not owning any of the cars they bring up themselves.

Well of course, that's how Matt Ward writes them all the time

because while they're using technology from a super young age, "technology" went from a complex PC to a tablet or phone which has no filesystem exposed. it's gone through so many iterations of "usability" enhancements that you can literally drop one to a tribe of people in africa and they'll figure it out within days (this actually happened, if you remember that story from a little while ago).

south america has more households with cell phone subscriptions than it has households with electricity. so now there are farmers who have cellphones and shit. yes, we're more heavily surrounded by technology, but technology became simpler rather than people getting, uh, "smarter" if that's what people were for some reason expecting or hoping to happen. but that should've been obvious, it's not like people were going to evolve in a generation or two.

Where I'm from for school we had to design and create our own site using html. I really liked the assignment because you could get really creative if you wanted to (and if you wanted a good grade).

Interesting theory. I never did understand Let's Plays at all, so I'll go with this.

Because apple is a jewish fucker who ruined the computer market with "touch screens" NOBODY NEEDS THIS and due to this Windows is dumbing their FUCKING OS DOWN AND RUINING THIS ENTIRE FUCKING MARKET XP FOREVER

People have always just looked up the solution to their problems as they go. We used to buy manuals for this and now we just Google it.

also, mandatory watching for this thread

This is true, there are so many Muslim autists on Twitter

Top kek if that's real those eyes could be used in place of the alimony guy's eyes.

watched. Dear god thats fucking awful "duhrrr how i get apps" is basically the gist holy shit fuck this generation their godamned illiterate retards raised on pillows, never punished never given any delayed satisfaction they deserve the be forced into a war and DIE

I grew up on a commodore 64 and nah man. I fucking hated making stuff work. I used to find tinkering fun but as I got older it became less and less fun and now I'm just sick of dealing with it. You get an error message like Failure 0:00023922420BTW9302 in 20339:349025:50349 and you just go "and time to put that in google". And it turns out you had the sound set to speaker port 3 instead of speaker port 2. That's not fun, that's goddamn miserable.

There's scarily enough a lot of them flocking into woodworking n such now. Not for the serious fields but for 'the arts' but there was some hipster faggot a couple months ago who made some wooden doohickey with 2000 ball bearings that plays music by throwing them through a sanic-esque obstacle course filled with bits and pieces of xylophone and tiny drums.
Yea, it was hella neat, but ffs it was rube goldberg reincarnated.
Now there's going to be a billion shittier versions of that thing flooding all of jewtube.

>>>/reddit/

Millenial here, I can confirm that this is the case with almost every millenial.

Millenial here also can confirm your confirmation, annoying faggots always on their phones not using linux.

This is probably the most noticeable, especially if you're used to working on your own car before

Does that girl have two poopers

Computers are racist.

Millanial here also, he's not wrong, they are becoming more and more whorish.

Got a good laugh out of that. Thanks

Millenials should be purged.
t. milenial.

Exactly, I remember several girls were already sucking dick when they were 13

I remember in the 90s old people took it some kind of point of pride, being technologically ignorant.

In my office, kids can't even format a Word document correctly and try to laugh it off.

And to this day you're still upset they never sucked yours :/

By the time they enter middle school, they're already wearing skin-tight yoga pants and dressing like literal whores. And I known that one of the biggest causes is the smartphone. Jesus, if I had a daughter, I wouldn't want her wearing that shit.

Hits too close to home my man

iktf

Another Millennial can also confirm
most guys I know that tried to learn and get gud with computers were also poor bored kids who liked to play vidya
so we figure out torrenting, peer 2 peer stuff
then the games sometimes dont work
i.e. spend hours trying to fix them
this is how i was introduced to console commands
then get extremely bored and wish to play a few ancient games like ones on dos etcetera
so gotta figure out how to run them
im guessing pedo's, autists, people living in shitholes that have no freedom of speech and l33t HAXXOR are motivated take the next steps into hiding behind 7 proxies and staying off the grid

The problem is, your daughter will most likely resent you for not letting her slut around with her friends and get all the minority hordes all over.

We've all really been fucked over by (((them))) on so many levels, it's really depressing.

Exactly what I was imagining. "But daddy, I want to wear them. I want people to see my underwear so easily that it's hard for adults to look at me! And Tyrone Williams is a good boy. He dindu nuffin!! C'mon, daddy!"

Fucking Hell, if I ever have to hear those fucking words…

Come to think of it, this is comparable to dudes working on their cars in the 50s, it's like the 2000s version of it. The difference is that only losers do it these days as opposed to alphas back then

then you've failed as a parent obviously

Because you no longer need to manually assign IRQ settings to get your VGA DOS game running. In other words, it has been packaged for easy consumption, thus rendering any intellectual gain from the hobby moot. It's like expecting kids to gain computer literacy from their WiiU.

basically
not the guys going out and getting wasted and having sex all the time with the hot girls chads

Dubs confirm

It's gonna be the absolute worst man, much worse than a nice girl from the past crying because her white bf broke up with her, this is like the sick twisted modern version of such a thing. And, you know when Tyrone's done with her she's gonna be crying from physical injuries as well as emotional.

I like both.

Also boomers have only themselves to blame for seriously believing higher computer use meant more peope understand computers

I have a cavity

What do I do?

Also is baking soda really safe?

boomers greed, opened the Internet to web 2.0 once it was seen as a market place it was all over.

They all type slow as fuck, too. Texting has become the biggest form of digital communication for them, which gives you some time to do your thing and you only use your thumbs.

These fags never had their typing skills tempered in the fires of the AIM chatroom.

30 year olds are millenials too.

We just have a divide between pre and post smart phone millenials.

and this is a bad thing? Do you want to fuck an endless parade of sluts?

You don't have to swallow it to absorb a shitload through your mouth and tongue. This is actually a common way of taking some drugs because it bypasses many of the body's filtration systems.

Let's just say I'm a lot younger than that

no tbh i just want a normal plain non-obese girl my own age to fuck, preferably educated even though that does increase the likelihood of feminism and deviant behaviour in women
but i dont have that
luckily for me i wasnt a chad in school because i was socially awkward because i came from a family environment full of the mentally ill
im no monster but im certainly no male model
unfortunately i also live in one of the most feminist liberal socialist areas in an extremely socialist liberal nation so its like my choices are no tooth single mother crack whore usually around 21 to 27 years of age round here or a feminist socialist/marxist that doesnt like men unless they're 10/10 or a marxist cuck willing to find her a black man to coalburn

Here we were forced to gidgud with computers because I'm from rural Eastern Europe so good luck actually getting a legit copy of a videogame, your dad sure as fuck won't drive you 50 kilometers to the nearest city just for a stupid game. Hell, we even chipped our Playstations ourselves and had to use ppf patchers to remove copy protection from games like Yugioh Forbidden Memories which can't be played on modified Playstations.

God, could you imagine a girl as young as an eighth-grader staring at you with that "I feel like a filthy rag" look?

Ah shit, Wikipedia agrees. This whole time I thought I was Generation X. But I don't want to be a millennial. You can't make me, I refuse.

Right, most people are just consumers and computers are no different.

liveleak.com/view?i=f38_1427830234
kids are fucking retards

Its fucking Excel, slack jawed starbucks drinking twitter sjws can master it

its not fucking complicated

Like I said in one of my other posts, I knew several girls in 8th grade who sucked a lot of dick.

yeah i thought about doing that with my ps2
but its like if i fucked up id never be able to afford another one so i didnt risk it
this is probably pretty common ,the new generation of it nerds arent from the upper middle class thats for sure

Kek
We know that but people legitimately put it on their resumes as an applicable skill

incidentally theres been a new incident with pokemongo
just as an inkling to how retarded they are some funny guys suggested that microwaving your smartphone will trick the phone into thinking you've walked around
the number of retards that actually microwaved their phones is depressing

Fuck your datamining, filthy kike.

i can do all of these things and im a barely of age student, gas yourself

do you realize you're making a false equivalency?
see

smells like communism

you should strive for independence in all areas so that you are your own man and are not reliant on anyone
i can grow my own food, fix most problems with my computer to a certain degree and i know the basics of how to fix a car engine unless theres a serious fault with it
the point being there are problems that you may need a specialist or an expert for and then there a problems you can fix yourself if you tried and applied yourself

its this modern mentality of going to the emergency ward because you have a cold/hayfever
when you only need to go if you've had a limb amputated, been shot in the torso of some shit or have cancer/serious illness
its like sterilizing a wound, injecting the local area with antibiotics and morphine, putting a gauze plaster on and then binding the affected area with bandages when all you've got is a paper cut

The tides will be changing, Holla Forums. The sluts will not live happily, or even reproduce in many cases. The future belongs to a re-surging American and European culture

do you think this 1840?

specialization occurs in market economies dumbass

nobody is going to pay for heart surgery from someone whos also a shoe cobbler and fish monger

Millennial here, I too began as a bored kid with no friends looking for entertainment.

And it's funny because, for most of my childhood, my parents did not have a PC at home, so I had to rely on a cybercafe in which i was only allowed to play for half an hour whenever i had the chance to be around, then i had to rely on my grandmother's sloppy PC, and when my parents bought a PC, that's when it all took off.

Now I got this custom built PC running on a pirated copy of windows 7, and even to this day i would not consider myself remotely computer savvy for there's still much more to learn, and it's all because videogames, every time I learn something new, is just so I can play more videogames, and it's a rather natural evolution.

Kids are getting overall more stupid with every child born and not just regarding computers.

It's really simple. I'll just greentext it so that anyone can understand in few simple steps:

These… new humans… numans? No, that's too stupid
They lack imagination, logical thinking and the drive to excel, achieve something or even the ability to think for themselves.

There was this experiment. I forgot the name of it.
It was about a colony of rats, that were provided every single need on a silver platter. They could breed and live without any challenges.
They died out completely in a few generations.

I've theorized that we, as a race, hit an evolutionary obstacle (space) that's so hard to crack right now with our knowledge and ability that we are instead focusing more on comfort and life quality in the name of efficience. And so from many other problems (which I'm not going to explain because it'd take days because I didn't study them further), we now face overpopulation, Islam as a whole, America's new degeneracy and many other global problems.

t. armchair psychologist autisté exquisite

This is what you are looking for, and it should be required reading for Holla Forums and every first-world nation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_B._Calhoun#Mouse_experiments

Yeah, instead of comfort or space we need to focus on making the world better and more white first, we can't achieve long term space flight when Muslims are still jihading on our soil.

note the point where i said go see a specialist when you have a problem you cant fix yourself?

im not talking heart surgery im talking like accidentally slicing your hand cutting an onion
you dont need to go to the emergency ward for that unless you're bleeding like a tap but people show up to the hospital with paper cuts and sniffles
its the same behaviour with everything

yeah same i didnt have a computer growing up either
just free time on the windows 95 computers at my anglican school occasionally

speak for yourself fam
its exactly my boredom of everything that drives me to search for new mediums

This is a straw man argument for the most part. People who say apple products just work are not the same people who shit on Linux. They don't consider themselves nerds.

What's your point here?

They aren't taught these things, and most have no need to self-teach themselves. It's that simple. Remove kikes from the education system and overhaul it. Teach kids basics of computing, auto, gardening, etc. Make school year round with more breaks for students rather than a large one during Summer – use Summer months to teach things like gardening and autorepair basics.

This. I cant understand why people here go on and on about space, when our fucking countries are getting invaded. Who fucking cares about space when theres a mudslime living next to you, who wants to behead you? Not me or should any other white person.

Robin Williams' suicide was the funniest thing ever.
Not the suicide, but trading sick bantz with all the autISISts saddened by it.
To think a faux-jew is one of ISIS' most beloved entertainers.
ibtimes.co.uk/why-robin-williams-jumanji-isis-jihadis-favourite-movie-1460853 archive.is/oHZfo
english.alarabiya.net/en/variety/2014/08/13/Star-struck-ISIS-Fighters-mourn-Robin-Williams.html archive.is/44D4V

Same. I never got into that shit though because I like taking bloaty shit like winders and making it actually work by manually deleting half of sys32. Fukken hate that everything requires 3rd party crap to make it function reasonably.
Even worse, sometimes Android believes your file manager 'app' is a jailbreak attempt and Shuts. Down. Everything.
Only thing I ever use my tablet for since the 'tech-obsessed' fag in advertising left is playing waifu collecting vidya and roguelikes. Russian love their goddamn roguelikes. It's all over GApps.
oh and a couple jap shmup companies are porting their libraries onto it. Strikers ftw.

im saying this overstimulation, this saturation of content sometimes causes something like rejection syndrome
where you are exposed to something so much that you become physically sick of it

By God, it's more horrifying and familiar than I remembered.

Well, you know what they say user, there are exceptions to everything. I'm not really a super smart guy to explain why you're different from the rest.

So, who here is a gunsmith to +1 my 870, SKS, cz 75

Underrated post btw.

This has been an open secret in the teaching community for years

archive.is/w23ly

I'm sure someone else has already posted something like this, but I think the problem lies with the internet itself. These kids are able to access so much information, but instead they limit themselves to a few key points and call it a day. It's sort of like how people will wear Mario t-shirts, talk about Star Wars, and play Pokemon Go, but if you attempt to talk in-depth to them about any of it, they are clueless. It's cool to "be into" something, but actually being into something is still as nerdy as it ever was.

Parent's don't let their kids have real computers. They give them iPhones and tablets but not actual computers. Of course they have no idea how to use them. They've never had to be responsible enough to use a computer without installing viruses and spyware, or to fix the problem after they caused it. It's a mystery machine that old people use and they don't need it to do the things they are interested in doing - which is being bratty hypersocial cunts on social media.

Obongo: CALL MARTIAL LAW

not jewtube, faceberg, twatter, snapcunt, kek, pandora, etc.

libre office nigger

Using computers involves a lot of what we now call meme magic. If you think it'll work, it might work, but if you only think that thinking it'll work, then it won't work. Chanting in front of it helps, especially with printers.

i've convinced myself i'm "generation Y" and not a millennial.

everyone in generation X is over 40

it requires specialization

which nobody has time for if they're raising barns and carving buttons to make for clothing they sew themselves

Fluorid coating on teeths dissolves harder in acid

go fuck yourself maddow worshipping bitch

tell them to fuck off, necessity breathes creativity

DROWN YOURSELF IN SEMEN
I am LibreOffice Masterace, Proprietary Software is for cucks.

Spoken like a true ignoramus. That's exactly why we called out Sanders early on you know, even before the heeby jeebies. Wants to completely dismantle NASA because he's a hippie.

Also it's not like if you had a nuclear-equipped satellite jihadis could do anything about it. Nothing they've built/bought can reach that high up. So you can massacre them with impunity!
Probably the best idea in the Ace Combat series to me is the Arkbird. And SpaceX is proving more and more that we're really goddamn close to having that capability.
Now we just gotta dunk the (((elites))) ruining freemarket enterprise n such and enact actual capitalism and go full Syndicate Wars.

Prolly cuz you lacked it, same as how binging is so common in countries with asinine puritan liquor laws like the US.
Sometimes have more fun fucking with old soundcards than with vidya. See posts above about "russians loving to tinker," I think one reason their mod scene is so huge is piracy is rampant. They actually do get bored of "just" playing them.
You probably have a couple years to go before you've exhausted yourself of new genres to try. Vidya burnout goes towards either quitting it entirely or deciding to check out what's been missed (or perhaps non-vidya gaming even, not like retarded D&D shit but FASA and stuff like Cataan and Viticulture and actual wargames) By then you'll want to try modding or ripping assets or some other oddness in something you played to death. And if there's no editor, reverse-engineer it so.

Halve that for me. 7 years 'fore I was born got our first 'refugee delivery' from 'the birthplace of man'
All their gals were basically born sluts. By 8th you'd probably need to check for STDs.
You've probably seen the type online in those fail collages. 19 years old, 3 kids, taking naked selfies with a 4 year old looking on confused. Prolly needs changing too.

hah, called it.

That's funny because as of late I've been interested in modding, I haven't gotten nowhere yet, but I take it slow, plus it's all mostly for fun as i don't really plan to become some kind of modder or something, this goes back to the fact that people learn naturally, and in this society in which everything is shoved down your throat, well, people don't exactly learn, you can force someone to memorize something, but not force them to fully understand it.

*Haven't gotten anywhere

Sorry for the double negative, yeah, so far I've started with tweaking already existing mods to better suit me.

Eastern European peasantfag here, we would also tinker with games just like you said (though you just used Ruskies as an example) to give us massive advantages. Yeah, it was cheating, but sometimes we gave the AI massive advantages when we wanted a challenge.

Speaking of Yugioh Forbidden Memories, one of us found out through an editor program, I think it was a hex editor but I'm not sure that was a really long time ago, that all duelists have a certain chance to drop cards depending on your duel rank and we even found out how your starting deck gets made because it's always randomly generated. We thought we were absolute big dick Gs because we figured that shit out, but when all of us got easier access to the internet years later we found out that it was already done multiple times by a variety of different people from all around the world, but usually South America because the game was huge there.

Checked, torrenting shit is one of the more simple things out there, amazing that people can't grasp the concept using a client to download a file from multiple sources.

I am a Millennial (91), we weren't taught long division or double digit multiplication in school, at least here in America.
I was lucky because my dad worked on the development of COBOL 60 and made damn sure his son wasn't computer illiterate giving me multiple older systems to master before I even touched wangblows, regardless of this, I had to seek a extracurricular course in remedial mathmatics because of the massive holes my education left me with to actually advance my skills though.

No, Slaanesh was made by the elder. The cataclysm of the dark age of technology was due to the men of iron, Terminator robots that rebelled against humanity. Learn your shit you dumb nigger.

Interpreted languages is stuff like Java, where the language is left as-is and run from the source code. Compiled languages like C get compiled into machine code and executed.
That thing you push or pop instructions onto/off of that get executed
i have no idea
no clue here either, i've never fucked around with an OS
I know x86 and ARM are in use because I've had to fuck around with both of those but beyond that no clue.
What's an ISA?
It holds a value and you can perform operations on this value (moving it to another register, smashing it with math, moving it to memory, whatever)

Sam is literally the voice of his generation and he knows it.

thats another reason why your scores are so low apart from bring less than 60% white
in England we learn both of those in primary school

Dunno what nigger / white trash shithole you were raised in.

85 here, I was proficiently taught those before puberty in a *public* school.

Where have you been for the past decade?

Java is compiled. Maybe you were thinking of Javascript?

EECS is a combination of electrical engineering and computer science. It's fairly uncommon, but some schools that aren't big on engineering have the two majors combined because they would be too small otherwise.

Nobody answered the kernel question, so I'll take a whack at it:

A kernel is responsible for managing system resources, i.e. allocating memory and CPU time while making sure that tasks don't try to use the same resource at the same time (i.e. memory paging for RAM).

?

East bay, Gommieland. (((They))) were legitimately considering incorporating "ebonics" into the PS curriculum when I was attending because niggers couldn't read the standardized tests. .
Was like a precursor to common core.

witnessed

A loyal white virgin
yes I know I wrote loyal twice
minimum 2/10
I would go lower but I still have my dignity

why fam whats wrong with my post

Pretty much this, I imagine tbh.

The more I hear about people walking off cliffs, stuck in trees, wandering into traffic, and creating general chaos while playing "Pokemon: Go" the more I am convinced that those weird groups in the 90s were right … Pokemon is, in fact, of Satan!

I'm kinda worried about myself, I've lost the passion to read literature over the last couple of years.

its not
nintendo just literally produced an app to appeal to the semi-literate normies of the west
and the jews have made people so dumb and subservient its working in ways nintendo never expected
they threw together what they themselves considered a crock of shit and suddenly jumped up 11 Billion dollars overnight
its not the app thats the problem its just that people are fucking morons

i found a particular book quite inspiring
its a semi-fictional biography written by a woman about the greatest empire of the Hittite civilization
the boy who's flesh was marked by lightning and made war against the semites and won
the man who became the first emperor of his people in a long time to be mourned by his people when he was struck ill in battle
its a great read fam, its called I, The Sun

I usually just take their computers, pretend to try and fix it, then I say it's fucked. Then, after they've lost hope I just take the components that still work for myself.

I have a lot of DDR2 RAM that I have no use for, but often, I get stuff like high quality fans out of other peoples' computers just by pretending to "repair" them.

To clarify, I have no problem reading science or math books, but anything to do with fiction is just daunting for me. I've been meaning to reread gravity's rainbow for a while and start up faulkner, but I've never gotten around it.

well reading a book usually requires you to be excluded from other forms of entertainment
i usually only read books when im waiting at the doctors/hospital or when theres a power cut reduced to reading by the candlelight of an 18th century silver candleabra
some are good some arent so im recommending you one fam
it chronicles his brutal life, watching the sack and destruction of his homeland by foreign invaders as a boy he grows up and becomes strong and eventually rules the largest empire of the middle east pre-bronze age collapse
Suppiluliuma I

When people in their twenties grew up computers required learning how to do shit.

Now you just click the big button and watch talmudshoah.

Technically, any language can be classified as an interpreted language, and Java started out as an interpreted language. The compilers have been a more recent addition.

The key difference between the two is that an interpreted language is run real time, where as a compiled language is read by a special program that compresses your code into instructions only the computer can follow while hopefully optimizing your code.

Yes, there is a Bash compiler, and yes, there is are C interpreters.

Try to be subtle next time, Schlomo.

You just described my youngest nephew.

He was late to learn to walk, late to learn to talk, late to just about every milestone of normal child development.

Whenever he is bored and starts attention seeking, he gets an ipad or smartphone shoved in his face. He's 5 years old and has no friends because his primary interaction with other children is hitting them and stealing from them.

I don't think I've ever seen him hold a toy that didn't have a screen on it for more than 5 minutes.

This kid is going to be a grade A fuckup and everyone knows it. Everyone but his parents who keep just burying their heads in the sand. It doesn't matter where this kid is or what time it is, he is poking a god damn ipad.

He's been to child psychologists, two of them have said they think he's autistic. My brother and his woman seem completely oblivious. 'I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT'S WRONG!!11!'

They have two other kids that turned out normal, aged 17 and 15. The fuckup is the one that has an ipad for a mother and android phone for a father.

Java has compilers now?

it has always had compilers, user.

it has bytecompilers; its instructions aren't ran on the hardware, they're ran via a virtual machine.

picture didn't attach

oh fuck it

I got into asm by programming on my ti84.
I learned quite a bit by setting up a C cross compiler for it.
Playing around with simple low powered hardware is the best way to learn about computers.

It's still compiled. In fact java hardware has been made that runs java natively.

If you wrote a program that compiles into, say DEC Alpha machine code but is intended to be run in a VM, isn't it still compiled? What if you destroyed all the DEC Alpha cpus in the world first? The difference is more subtle than you think.

You know, I thought this was a bad thing at first, but if tech competence is going down across the board that means we can bring back 90's/early 00's hacker culture (but with a RWDS flair this time)

Found him.

Necessity creates skill. If all people do is just open the PC, click on (((Chrome))) and then login to whatever medium they want, what challenge is there for one to become more computer literate? Who is this news for?

Ironically, only the curious or the too-poor-for-a-technician people can manage to become more computer-literate than the common dumb Snapchat-using cunt.

Where the fuck did you came from? Maddowposter?

And then the exodus happened, and now 4 = 0.5.

From start to finish, the West has been set up to horribly lose World War 3 against Russia & Iran (and China?). It's becoming more and more clear to me that everything is done to make Western civilization fall in burn in (nuclear) fire, starting from the Post-Smartphone Millenials, or PSM for short.

We have to educate the young, fellow anons.

oh man, and I thought I was bad

My nephew is exactly the same. His parents and grandparents say he has learning disabilities, ADD and autism because he hits kids all the time, doesn't listen to what people are saying and bombards people with improvised song and dance acts until they pay attention to him.

In my opinion, he's actually pretty bright. All of his shitty behavior serves the purpose of him getting whatever he wants. He knows that he doesn't need to listen, because it's usually just nagging with no consequences attached. If he gets yelled at, he knows that he just has to say "sorry" and admit to whatever he's accused of (even if he didn't do it) and he's back to fucking people's shit up. He's never left to his own devices, he always has a captive audience telling him how amazing he is. The only time he's ever left on his own, he's on his iPad.

He's got some rough years ahead of him. If he doesn't snap out of that shit by the time high school comes around, he'll likely be an unlikeable fuckup his whole life. Selfish, lazy, feminized parenting is to blame.

No one has time to learn all this stupid shit. Your hobbies don't make you superior you Leftist weirdo who hangs out on Holla Forums all day. You're a fucking loser beyond every NEET on here.

The saddest thing is that when you are slaughtered in the purge we won't even know it was you.

Sam genuinely makes me feel dumb.

Other people do that too but every sing sam says I feel like I should be able to articulate too since I'm living that exact reality but I simply can't.

What does that mean?

MS office is a horrible pile of shit. the GUI is rage inducing.

LibreOffice actually has a functional GUI.

No, you just have to type "load".

C64 was a cinch compared to DOS gaming.

We had the legos that were controlled by the turtle at my autism school.

That's a white south African.

I thought Gen Y was the 80s?

When I was a kid I wanted to program. My mom wouldn't let me so I did it behind her back in secret.

Fuck. I actually learned DOS syntax before I learned English grammar.

I was a selectively precocious toddler.

Actual CS major here, working on my master's degree.

Interpreted: A program interprets the source code every time the program is run. In early cases, this was sort of a line by line thing, but in some modern interpreters (like in the case of your browser's Javascript interpreter), the source code is scanned, parsed, and compiled into a native code cache (or a bytecode cache) once, and then later just run as binary.

Compiled: Language is transformed ahead of time into either native code (which the OS will just give a process ID) or bytecode (wherein a JIT runtime environment like the JVM or CLR will compile it again into native code and run it from a cache).

Last in first out data structure.

I am not sure what the original reasons were, but it would be easy to see in retrospect why someone would not want userland processes being able to fuck around in kernel space. A virus given kernel level permissions might be able to tell all of the other processes on a machine to fuck off, write zeroes to every sector on a hard drive, and pretty much be able to do whatever it wanted. Protection rings allow a separation of privileges. The kernel (ring 0) deals with all tasks involving talking to the hardware, while the processes requests for things like file I/O through system calls/traps.

Management of processes, I/O devices, virtual memory, and the filesystem. This includes scheduling time slices for processes and I/O requests, handling signals sent to processes, increasing or decreasing the amount of memory available to them, etc…

i686, x86_64, ARM, AArch64, and to a lesser extent, MIPS and POWER.

RISC instruction sets tend to use less instructions, and those instructions tend to do only one thing. In a CISC instruction set like x86, a single instruction can do both load and/or store, and arithmetic. By comparison, in something like MIPS, one might do a load, an add, and then a store – three instructions in total. Also common in RISC instruction sets is a tendency to use fixed width instructions (i.e. every instruction is 32 bits), whereas many CISC ISAs may use variable width instructions.

Very fast, but very limited on-CPU storage, typically used temporarily for simple arithmetic instructions before shoving a variable back in memory (or discarding it). The amount of registers available to a process varies based on the instruction set, but it is typically between 8 and 32.

These kids are EVERYWHERE now. The same number of parents that used to let a TV babysit their kids are now letting this babysit, but I'm convinced it's going to be far more damaging than even TV. TV at least shows (false) interactions between humans. But these popular games on touchscreen devices (like the one where you slice fruit, popular with the younguns) are literally designed by psychologists to be irresistible to the reward centers of the brain. These kids are going to be wired all wrong

Typically the section of memory given to a process as a "call stack" is not executable. If you tried to shove an instruction pointer there, you would get a segmentation fault.

That's what it's always been for, user. Also, it's a last in first out data structure. First in first out would be a queue. If you have a stack of plates, what is the first one to come off? Well, generally it's the last one you put on top.

Instructions don't go on the call stack unless you're retarded. Also, the call stack is addressable. You can access other parts of it than just the top.

No. Although you might push/pop the address of some executable code.

I'm still amazed that I managed to get past EMM386 errors and whatnot, without having access to the internet, and without any knowledgeable adults around. I wanted to play Wing Commander or whatever, THAT BAD, that only the DR DOS manual was needed for me to figure it out.

And then my changes would break some other game, and I'd have something else to learn

It made me more able to approach technical problems but I was also at the age where I should have been playing with humans more, so I hampered myself in social ability.

Yeah sorry I visualized it wrong. Also what about for primitive systems like the Game Boy? Does the stack actually handle more than just a call/return history on thoes too?

In general a call stack will be used for temporary local variables and return addresses. This is the case even on the Gameboy, although in Gameboy programming, it is very common to make variables global, rather than local.

To illustrate a point about the use of a stack on the Gameboy…

You have 8 8-bit registers on the Z80 CPU, each of which can be paired up to make 4 16-bit registers. How would you pass values as arguments to functions?

Yeah I haven't dealt with assembly enough to know what is good form and haven't been able to write anything serious in C. To that end I'm looking around at the OSDev wiki.

In Z80, it is typical to use the stack to pass arguments. There's not enough registers for pass by register to be really appropriate. We see the same in 32-bit Intel, which also has 8 registers, two of which are dedicated to the base and stack pointers. In ISAs with more registers, it is common to pass the first 4-6 arguments by register, and the rest by the stack. Furthermore, registers are divided into two classes of how they are to be used – caller save and callee save. Since many local variables are ideally going to be stored in registers, one may wonder how it is that they don't get clobbered when a new function is called and that function needs some registers. The answer is that when a function is called, the caller will push all of the caller save registers onto the stack (or at least all of them it needs after the function). The callee will then save any callee save registers that it wants to use throughout the course of the function. Registers typically used for passing arguments, as well as those used for returning values, are typically caller save, while most others are callee save.

Your perception of what it's like to be a developer and reality are very different. Posting ads on Craigslist? Wtf

It's like being a hot girl around a bunch of thirsty betas, gifts, free meals etc just to think about them if you ever want to find another job.

Because iPhones and MacBooks are toys for hipsters who have too much money, not enough brains, and no desire to actually understand how anything works.

Fuck those things !!
I hate printers more than niggers and kebabs combine.
To tell you how much I hate them, I go to a kebab print shop owners every time I need to print something.

I bet the jews create the printers.

These dipshits just use whatever is marketed to them the hardest and think they are tech wizards.

yeah, i remember those recruiters.

specifically, it's like being a whore, they wine and dine you so hard because they get 40 percent of the gross coming in from the company they've placed you in.

don't get me wrong, it's a good racket, but they're using you just as much as you're using them. Probably more.

Middle-ish 80's through mid 90's. The exact range isn't well established and varies with shit like sibling cohorts and defined by generation defining events, same as most other generations. Generally it's informally considered to be the last generation that was old enough to remember the year 2000, hence the name "Millennials." They were the children of the new millennium. 9/11 being another major event since there's a pretty significant difference between people who knew what things were like before that shitstorm compared to people who have only known the world as it is afterwards.

Nigga you need a database, pivot tables are the only excel feature that is fucking horrible

If you think Millenials are cancer… wait until you meet Gen Y.

hurr durr obvious much

network engineer here. I have come to that conclusion years ago.

Sure, the kids coming in, are quicker to pick shit up

but they are dumb fucks just like any newbie

Old people, they dont' want to learn new shit until the heat comes breathing down on their necks. Then it's either half ass learn it, and they still sorta suck. or they just bow out and leave the work place.

The new kids at least, go Hmmm okay. Show me. Okay, gotcha. AND "most" pick it up.

But 20 years ago, i figured, by now, i would ask a kid how to ping a printer and i would be out of a job. I guess i was smart to stay into IT after the bubble burst

Job for life 8)

Agreed.

I FUCKING HATE when someone starts asking me shit about their phone.

Im a network engineer. Not a fucking phone guy. Not to mention how many different phone models there are, each one changes slightly with each new flavour.

Ya I don't have enough on my plate at work, trying to keep up with backups, server upgrades, the spam war and constantly reminding my little retards not to click on every link that comes in an email and analyse it. The never ending war with trojans and other malware, while trying to control surfing habits. AND….after all of that. And it's many nuances. I have to stay up to date with certifications, while upper management keeps pushing fucking lame "management" courses on me.

Ya…i got time to dwell into phones, you fucking retard. No…..i dont' know about your stupid phone
Wanna know what i do with mine. I answer it, occasionally go on whatsapp to try and get laid.

and use a finance app to track my budgets
My phone usage, the end.

Who the fuck pays you to ping printers?

part of the job tard.

RING RING, IT, WE have a printing problem it's not printing. First thing I do when i get to the users desktop (by tunneling in or physically) ping the fucking printer. Networking 101 asshole.
If you can ping, it's gonna be something else, and it's USUALLY a problem between the seat and keyboard.

You can't take apart a phone, dissect the CPU and put it back together (at least not without the resources of a decent size corporation dedicated to the task.) This compounded with the over-simplification and monotony of formal education actually trying to teach it while killing inquisitiveness in the process.

Being a nerd takes A LOT of solitary dedication, if social media is used at that early an age and nothing is actually available to take apart when the power goes off or during the extreme boredom of a summer vacation with nothing to do there is no reason to expect them to know anything.

The worst part is that is the aim. By the time the masses retarded little shits are adults everything will be software-as-a-service with AI taking over anyway, their role in life is to be distracted little plebs until the elite start culling the population, not to provide any form a resistance when the time comes.

Soo you're overpaid clearly.

The first step (when getting to the computer as he specified) is ping and check cables.

The actual first step is call the user a retard for an hour to see if the problem is real and worth getting up for.

No, im just good at what I do.

And there is an old rule of thumb that I learned off an IT sage, that is still fucking better than anyone i know.

Follow the packet. Wanna solve a problem. Rule out that shit first.

Printing issue in a corporate environment is always going to be a network related setup, unless your company actually puts usb printers in play (sniggers).

So if for example a user has a problem printing. Ping printer, good. go to print server, check queue. Good.
Verify if the user is printing to the right printer (this happens ALOT). okay…there we go. You were printing to a printer up 4 floors.

See how the logic works…..
overpaid pffft.

That is closer to where you should start. Packets do what they're told… and your network isn't (or shouldn't be) physically changing. Switches rarely go out.

Instead of "follow the packet" begin with "how could be fucking this up?"

If you really want to flex like a Net+ autist… that is the correct first step.

Do you get paid to do IT? And i mean, an actual IT admin. If not, shut up.

I have been doing this for 22 years.
Started in one country, got poached to another country in the caribbean.
So again, shut it. Im better than you think. If you were really smart, you would shut it and listen.

First step is always ping the printer. Printer could need a reboot? Could have been on so long, that it's not accepting traffic any longer? Could have been an electrical surge, and the card is shot. Could be a cable is fried, could be the fucking computer your sitting at, has a bad cable, bad nic card, corrupt driver. Cable is loose on either device.
First thing you fucking do, is follow the packet and ping the fucking printer, newbie.

end of story. *military points at you

mah nigga

90% of the time it's the user being a retard and not realizing where the print button is.

After you've eliminated that the next 90% is the user being a retard having not turned the printer on.

After you've eliminated that the next 90% is the user being a retard having unplugged something.

Think of it as an inverse-logarithmic progression of retardation to calculate the probability of a given issue.

Is this the idiot that would panic if you hid the taskbar, took a screenshot of the desktop, hid the icons, then set said screenshot as the background?

so, you do all that and the printer just needed a reboot and wasnt' accepting traffic

After fucking around for 15 or 20 min thinking it's the users fault. You finally figure hey…lets restart the printer

I don't have time for that.

Ping the fucker, get that out of the way, quick fast and in a hurry.
NOW it's possibly a user issue.

Oh and I might add, as your throwing print jobs trying to figure out it's not the users fault

Once you do get that printer back online, now you either waste a fuck ton of print jobs.
Or have to tunnel into the print server to cancel the queue

With your attitude. I wouldn't hire you, you know fuck all.

Yes

Nailed it. Shocker its almost the opposite of what you learned in school.

School is basically designed for you to assume the user isn't at fault… yet they almost always are.

The number of things that can go wrong with a device is dwarfed by the number of ways in which a retarded user can fuck up.

Overpaid confirmed

Faggot, re-read what was written. I gave the rates of issues.

well then. Isnt' it awesome im over paid. And Im still better than you.

Confirmed Gen-X cancer

When I interview people who ping and reboot to fix problems I don't hire them.

Stay in the military imo… civillian life would be too hard.

If you work in the Caribbean your tech is almost certain to be so outdated you will never get a tech job in civilization again. Enjoy global warming.

ow

I am kekking so hard… ah help help I can't breathe!

xDDDDDDDDDDD

/thread

All kids should be forced to run GNU/Linux without X installed and read manuals until they figured out what they're doing from the shell only.

Never has a meme been more appropriate.

.Fuck. That was sorta funny, but fuck. Why did she straighten her legs? Women should not lift. They should only squat and do sit-ups.

Rebooting and pinging take no time at all and can help rule out a big chunk of possible causes, so… ?

Oh god, I've been using only Linux since Vista was the latest OS, but I don't know how to do that; still I would not have mind being forced to do that as a child and I could easily figure that out in a week and I am very competent with UIs, CSS, programming, etc. I know how to design shit and how things work.

I award you this medal:

Dude, they are baiting. Seriously.

Any IT guy that has a printer problem and doesn’t ping a printer first, when its' warranted. It's not worth it to hire them.

End of story.

DANK DIGITS

I mostly used ruskies just because they're as ubiquitous as BRRRs online but less retarded, really. Can't turn a corner in any RTS/wargame/fps without seeing 3 of'em. Usually two are haxing and one is so vodka'd he thinks he's watching a movie and attempting to play with his webTV remote. But since they tinker so much their efforts all resemble 'golden era PC' efforts, back when companies like ID used to hire out of community because they were actually better at it than some people currently employed.
Mobile fugged it up and people learn the bare minimum to change their skins/clothes or become an anime girl and stop.

Ypsilanti here, lived there '87-93 dunno if this holds true in all states but in the blue midwest suburban areas go even before the ghettoes because they're full of swede-tier cucks. (and northern peninsula had a lot of literal swedecucks) also got the shittiest kumbaya love and peas pollocks too.

when my parents moved it was slowly being phased out of HS as well, being shoved into 'beginner's algebra'

now, after seeing the thread pop up in Holla Forums a few times about phasing out math requirements for graduating uni. Checked and sure enough, we're already down that path too.

probably. Like the joo banker Excelling in thieving your shekels said, normies really can't handle anything more complicated now, and it's only gonna get worse.
It's funny how in trying to dumb everyone down they just caused a sort of 'mental survival-of-the-fittest' competition,, and we're about to be in the same position as the goony beardos told that 'computers are demonic for taking your attention away from gawd' were 30 years ago.
Let's try not to fuck that up this time when all the tye-dyed mohawk-bearded genX joos can only rely on us and chinks for their transactions.

Yeb?

I'm not sure if it was the first but that's another thing you can blame on Lotus123pozman Mitch Kapor

place I work at btw has some $1400 nip Ricoh printer/scanner/shredder combo that's worth erry penny though. 6 years ago it was delivered and it only jammed once when a temp hire landwhale panicked that she fatfingered 10200 copies instead of 100 and tried to stop it.
The first year pretty much everyone in IT and advertising would set up an altar and pray to it on weekends at least twice a month. The difference was that noticeable. Fuck Epson and Canon in the ear.

How do you even learn how to torrent?

You just click the magnet and designate a save location.

Shouldn't even 85 IQ retards be able to do that?

im sure this has been posted x1000

Well maybe that's why you're a fucking retard today user.

Magnet links working are dependent on having a torrent client installed, CIA niggers can't download shit because they suck at looking for shit.

Oh god Pivot tables, it's easier to code than to use them.

I hope you realize after some reading how retarded this statement is.

all this generation labeling is a marketing ploy anyway means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Oh god I don't want to have hope again.

I don't want to be utterly crushed.

Sometimes I think that Elon Musk made SpaceX because he knows exactly what's happening and wants to save at least a part of humanity.

I'm the guy you're replying to (but my ID will likely be different now). If you're asking why/how -I- personally was taught, it was simply a matter of me not even knowing what torrents were at the time. Back then I had only gotten home internet access fairly recently, and I all I had was a shitty desktop (even for its time) that was my moms, and about the most that I did on it was occasionally play a copy of Roller Coaster Tycoon that I had gotten from a cereal box some years prior (I'm serious).

Computers take a long time to learn. Especially if you don't go to computer school. Some people, who give a fuck, feel motivated to learn the computer on their own, as a hobby. Most people don't. For many, this will always be a fancy typewriter.

This is physically painful to watch. Not primarily because these retards can't handle the basics of W95, but because of the childish way they are all acting. It's like they think they are funny, or something.

I'm sorry pal, you will be stupid forever.

Call me old fashioned but if I wan't to surf the net it sure won't be on a fucking touch-screen smartphone. I cannot stand those things.
A phone is for calling and talking, natural human interactions.
I blame computer illiteracy on dependency of so called Smart-Phones which really are little more than "censored" and sanitized tech.
At least with a decent PC you can learn the ins-outs and customize it to your liking.
It is really freaking me out when you go to a movie theater, bar/pub, restaurant you see couples not talking but texting across the table.
WTF?
Now this degeneracy of Poke-Man GO.

NO ONE IS TALKING NATURALLY
You could casually take out a dozen of these fucking hunched over cucks with a ball-peen hammer before one might realize.
Some might then gather in a shambling herd and shuffle away for a bit.

I started dinking around on a HP 386sx in the early 90's when bbs's were transitioning to early proto net. FTP/IRC were the things.
Learned all I could on it and became a hobby building game PC's, low-tier coding, etc.
Thing with PC's you can leave them on the table and turn them off.
A Smart-Phone is Allllllllllllllways on and monitoring you.
I enjoy nature and the quiet.

user PLS

Thank Gods I am Gen-X.

Gen X here. Born in 80.

Greatest Generation. These are the people that fought and died in World War II for our freedom, which we appreciate. But it's a little over-the-top as far as names go, isn't it? Tom Brokaw made the name up and of course everyone loved it. What, you're going to argue with your grandfather that he isn't in the greatest generation? The generation ended when the war ended.

Baby Boomers. This is the agreed-upon generation that falls within DiPrete's punctuated timeframe. It began when the Greatest Generation got home and started having sex with everyone; it ended when having sex with everyone was made easier with The Pill.

Generation X. George Masnick, of the Harvard Joint Center for Housing Studies puts this generation in the timeframe of 1965 to 1984, in part because it's a neat 20-year period. He also calls it the "baby bust," mocking "[p]undits on Madison Avenue and in the media" that call it Generation X. Ha ha, tough luck.

Generation Y. Masnick addresses this group, too, putting it "anywhere from the mid-1970s when the oldest were born to the mid-2000s when the youngest were." But mostly Generation Y is a made-up generation when it became obvious that young kids didn't really fit with the cool Generation X aesthetic but not enough of them had been born to make a new generation designation. NOTE: Generation Y is a fake, made-up thing. Do not worry about it.

Millennials. In October 2004, researchers Neil Howe and William Strauss called Millennials "the next great generation," which is funny. They define the group as "as those born in 1982 and approximately the 20 years thereafter." In 2012, they affixed the end point as 2004.

PRAISE KEK

who this

a woman

a roastie.

Just in time

realtalk it looks like shes's one of those people born with a tail and had it removd

This.

W H A T
H
A
T

why bother?
the world is falling apart and no one cares

theres no point in building towards the future because its a future of mediocrity

a future no sane person would want children to have to live in

I have a friend who occasionally does computer intro classes for university freshmen. In Germany, so 90% white. These kids know jack shit about computers, they can't even handle Word, let alone create a decent presentation with PP. Excel is right out.

He did an open books test with them and half still failed.

If I wanted to make a little free hosted website when I was a kid, I needed to master HTML.

If someone wants to make a little free hosted website today, he loads up one of the 12 free templates and fills in the blanks.

Nothing more needs to be said than that, really.

The irony is that he probably won't be a fuckup because after he has been to college/university his parents will use their connections to get him a job.

How well he will actually perform that job is another issue but probably irrelevant in the grand scheme of things anyway.

Sorry to speak ill of your family by the way.

Also my opinion on this subject in general is that older people whether they be baby boomers Gen Y Gen X or whatever don't like competition from young and energetic individuals so they undersell and undervalue youngers generations and their acheivements.

Oh yeah, that's the other part of it. YouTube celebs act like retards mugging for the camera and going "WHOOAAA" because most of their viewers are small children. It's like Barney the Dinosaur or something.

Then the children grow up thinking this is appropriate peer behavior, because all of their socialization is … watching YouTube.

I have a cousin who's in middle school and his idea of interacting with people is to yell catchphrases from Red vs. Blue and Minecraft videos. He's doomed, the kid might as well be retarded.

8/8 bait

nbghbn

I remember that shit. In the headlines was a logo like the one on faceberg. They later changed it to a red logo with a text saying literally "this is not facebook you fuckwits!". The comments were hillarious. After this shit has gone viral faceberg "mods" were ready to "fix" the fuckwit's accounts. They just had to tell their email and password. :^) Still shaking my head about that event sometimes…

1991 makes you a Gen-Z

It's completely true, and he's not talking about people's moms. My uni has a second tier CS program, and from everything I've heard from undergrads in the department, it's more likely than not that they don't know how to google to find out what they don't know.

I really don't understand it, I don't know why it's never occured to them and I don't know why they don't continue to make use of it even when someone has shown the how. I really don't understand normalfags in general, there's something seriously wrong with the way they live their lives and go about their work.

You misunderstood him. He was just mocking you with the stereotype of FOSS fags sperging out about linux at every chance they can get as if they were proselytizing a religion.

thank mr digits

This is an unfair test. If someone is "savvy" with cars, that means they'd be able to pop the hood and easily identify common troubles with the car and do basic maintenance - check oil, change tires. They'd have a working understanding of the engine mechanism, brakes, hydraulics, etc. and a basic knowledge of different models, types and history. They know their way around a car, that's it, they don't know anything they don't need to know like indepth engineering details, outdated engine models or commercial/military vehicles.

A tech savvy or computer literate person would be able to comfortably pop the hood of their system and fix or tune what they'd like, as well perform standard maintenance and hygiene practices. They don't need to learn Assembly.

American primary education is beyond garbage. Since I refused to play by the rules of bullshit, I got low marks, C-D student.

However, the colleges and universities are okay, if you ignore the liberal arts programs. Now I'm an A-B student in Engineering.

they truly were simpler times ;_;

you should be able to at least ballpark these

wew lad. Pic related for relevancy. Saved it in 2013 apparently.

That's what you think, nigger!

Lurk more newfag

You mean "since I refused to actually do any work, and spent my time on the vidja instead".

Manpigs are all the same.