Have we started "the Fire"?

What did Brother mean by this?

I have a few speculations:

1. Brother was very concerned about Bane's food being uncooked, so he was asking whether he started "the Fire", a metaphorical denomination of an "oven". Bane responds "yes, the fire rises" which is code-speak for "yes, the oven temperature is increasing" which they both understood to mean "yes, my food is cooked well and I eat healthily and so I am not at risk of salmonella or similar".

2. "start the Fire" is an euphemism for "rustle his jimmies". Translated: "have we angered him?"; Bane: "yes, his heart rate increases!". But then, who was Brother referring to? The CIA agency, Batman, Dr Pavel, or somebody else entirely?

3. Brother meant "have we startled the fire" but being emotional about fear of death and his impending demise, blurted out "started the fire" (it's still impressive he managed to get any word out at all). This means that he was asking Bane whether they out-smarted fate itself, whether they finally achieved a small victory against Fate / Destiny itself. This is an exercise in self-reflection upon the Sisyphean struggle of the individual against the very essence of the cosmos itself, which by its nature is an extremely deep philosophical realization.

Conclusion:

BRAVO NOLAN

That isn't Brother. It's Juan Ofvus.

Number 3 gets my "aye"

it's amazing how complex one scene in a capeshit movie can be
BRAVO NOLAN

Memes aside, Brother was a basic pinko commie faggot who was a Bane cultsmember based on Bane's exoteric plans of "giving" the city of Gotham back to the people. A useful but expendable idealist, someone who Bane most likely envies since he has such a simple perspective given to him by Bane.

It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that Nolan took inspiration from the novel Alamut, with Brother being very similar to the characters of Suleiman and Yusuf, both of whom were commanded to kill themselves when ordered to by their master. This is why Bane responds so merrily, he knows that Brother dies with the bliss knowing that the "Fire", although nonexistent as Brother knows it, has begun to to rise.

I think that the "fire" is metaphor for hell
The wreckage brother basically asks
With translates to
To with bane answers
With is another metaphor for incoming ethernal punishment for the sins that they committed

Deepest Christian Kino
Bravo Nolan

Well put.

And why should this be a good thing to hear before dying?

Bane was LARPing as a communist which is the reason why so many joined his plan. In reality, Bane was an extremely right-wing traditionalist.

Weird name for a band.

How is this an answer to my question? I want to know, why did Bane said "you are going to hell" to the Wreckage Brother, and if he really meant this, why was the guy so satisfied?

Brother was afraid of the finity of human excistence and welcomed the thought that he would continue to exist even if it was in hell.

BRAVO NOLAN

He was referring to the Billy Joel Song "We Didn't Start the Fire" but instead said they did which implies they themselves were directly manipulating the course of history.

He accepted his fate and after realizing how much terrible sins he committed he welcomed the punishment with open arms

All of Bane's underlings are massive autists, this one is a Billy Joel fan.
Bane of course is a master at personnel management.

Was replying to your implication that Bane didn't have exoteric plans.

What does exoteric even mean?

Finally it all makes sense.

Opposite of esoteric.

endo-teric is the opposite of exo-teric

so exoteric makes no sense tbh

Might want to pick up a dictionary sometime lad.

Orthodox, apparent, visible to everyone.

let me guess: you are also a Holla Forums regular, and an unironic /christian/ too

Look up the definition of exoteric and esoteric m8. Endoteric isn't even a word.

Oh, you're Holla Forums. I see.