Soup Holla Forums, I'm looking for an animation I saw a while back but I can't remember the title or artist...

soup Holla Forums, I'm looking for an animation I saw a while back but I can't remember the title or artist. All the characters are cartoonish blue people with long protuberances on the tops of their heads. The sound track consisted of droning music while someone mutters what sounds like bible passages in the background. The imagery is very dark, I remember the first scene is a soldier standing in front of a ruin, there's a scene of a bunch of monsters attacking and disemboweling another, larger monster, and a reference to Saturn Devouring his Son. Can anybody help me?

found it

Was it French?

post it.

but i did not find

No, the artist said it was inspired by interwar German artists or something.

The smurfs?

Maybe if they were a darker shade of blue and hatless, and living in a world of overwhelming despair.

checkd -

something like this? Smurf equivalent of the zombie apocalypse of flies that turn them into mindless eaters with a high contagion factor.

no, it had nothing in the way of coherent plot and the characters were legally distinct from smurfs.

Fantastic planet?

No, he said it wasn't french.

The Yellow submarine and the blue meanies?

Maybe.
I'm not OP.

It's got blue people and it makes no sense since it's based on an LSD trip.

I would remember something that mainstream. It was a relatively independent artist who made teasers for another project he was working on, it had similarly surrealist themes.

I know I'm probably being unhelpful, but I can't think of any other way to try and find this thing…

Ask /x/ on halfchan or /fringe/ here. They might have some collective memory on the creepy arty experimental film stuff. It's kind of their thing.

Alright, I'll give it a shot.

Bump this if you get results though because now I'm curious.

the smurfs

This maybe?

Or this?