I have applied to 50 minimum wage jobs and none of them called me for an interview...

I have applied to 50 minimum wage jobs and none of them called me for an interview. I have a high school diploma and everything, but I still can't get a fucking MINIMUM WAGE FUCKING JOB. This universe and reality is a sick joke.

Other urls found in this thread:

wikihow.com/Use-the-Law-of-Attraction
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Guess which political party doesn't believe you and has control of both houses and the presidency.

Did this and got the very next job I applied for:
wikihow.com/Use-the-Law-of-Attraction

eats popcorn

The Discordian party?

nice

So what.
My uncle has a fucking Masters Degree and applied for 82 jobs in six months.
He got one single interview, and even though HR loved him, he didn't get the job because even though he was qualified he was not "connected" with the family who runs the business so they made HR hire someone else who wasn't qualified instead.
FWIW, if you were to move out of your parents' house and go on complete public assistance your benefits would be roughly the equivalent of a $13/hour job.

Yeah, well one of the reasons Trump got elected was because he wants to renegotiate NAFTA and bring a lot of jobs back to the US, so hopefully things will change. That said, I think a bigger problem right now than lack of jobs is low wages. Wages have not kept up at all with increases in expenses nationally. That is not a sustainable situation.

Here's another (you) lad.
That mean ol' wumbler plompf and his cronies sure are the devil!

I just got a call back yesterday.
Keep at it.

Go to the dollar tree

Boy you sure do know how to make a guy upset

how? does the gov. pay for your rent or do you have to own a house?

have you tried wearing make up

or wiping ur nose

ha

Well first time I ever tell this story. Tired and drunk so it's a little rambly but here goes.

>Keep trying not to kill myself

>Do Excel certification course for giggles (by this point I am already an advanced user due to data science, programming, and EVE Online Spreadsheets Online)

2008-2016 were soul-crushing years that made me hate virtually everyone and everything I'd ever known. The number of times I was told I wasn't trying hard enough by people who put in half (or less) of the effort I did to get ahead… I couldn't fucking believe that people who knew me well could be so fucking blind. Some people told me I had it easy, and one purple-haired fatass even told me I was privileged. I hope they're all claimed by slow, painful deaths. My friends and family can eat shit. All but one of them made no effort to understand what I was going through and blamed me for everything.

The one friend that gave a damn had it even worse than I did. I have since got him out of his own fucking nightmare by giving him a cheap place to live, free utilities, and I helped him manage his finances so he could get a trade certification. We were living together for months and one day he just started crying. I asked why and he said "It's finally over. I'm going to make it." He didn't think he'd make it…

That hit closer to home than I'm willing to admit.

have you tried not being a nigger?

Well done user.
You finally grew a pair and made life your little bitch.
I'm so proud.

Damn, Alex Jones isn't looking so good.

That's because none of those 50 read them, stupid. You have to go through the grueling work of actually picking up the phone and letting them know that you want to come in and talk to so-and-so about such-and-such a job, which you would have googled beforehand. Takes five minutes and it means there's a chance that they'll actually have an idea who you are.

You think they give a rat's ass about your online application? Chances are your resume sucks dick anyways unless you had it professionally written, but no amount of professional writing is going to cover up the lack of even the most basic associate's degree.

Besides, 50 is fucking nothing, if you apply for 5 per day which is possible if you're the laziest son of a bitch in the universe, then congratulations, you've been out of work for all of 10 days. Damn you must really be stupid if you can't even get a chicken-scratch job, though.

If this is true then you should be proud user. I'm one of the privileged, who started with the advantage of a loving family (with its own problems, of course). I don't know why this world is cruel, I don't know why some of my friends that are qualified and good people were dealt the hands they were, and I don't believe there is a solution. I do know that people like you exist. It gives me hope. Keep fighting the good fight.

Get the fuck out, you fucking hippie.

I'm glad there are people like you and I. I can't wait to kill everyone who ever doubted me.

So resumes and applications are worthless then?
Make up your fucking mind!

lel, everything relates to who you know, not what you know. Remember that.

The guy just gave you the best advice in the thread. It's entirely true. Throwing resumes at companies will typically lead to nothing. You have to make contact with the hiring manager to have more than a .0000001% chance of getting the job. Phone call or followup email is what you need to do 2 days after the resume is submitted.

thank the government. if there was no minimum wage and other regulatory bullshit, literally everyone that wants a job could find one

You're exactly like the tosspots who say to apply in person, which yields the same result.

Might as well carve the word "desperate" into your forehead and send them a picture
which actually sounds like it might work now that I think about it

They haven't called back? Have you called them? I've lived in a shitty poor county of Bedford in the poor south for 7 years, although work was hard to come by, I would usually have a job within the month with just a high school diploma. What has worked for me so far is simply bugging the shit out of the employer checking on the application and letting them know you want to work for them. Think about it, you're applying for a no-skill job, and so are a bunch of other no-skill people. What it comes down to is how bad you want the job. Don't expect them to call you. You call them. Make a list of everyone you've applied to, and call them all once every 2-3 days. If they haven't made contact within 30 days, reapply and repeat until you find employment. Alternatively, move somewhere else if you're both willing and able.

Search for temp agencies in your area. Temp agencies, if you don't already know, are companies who partner with another company, usually a factory, and hire workers on said factories behalf. I've worked for two different temp agencies. The first hired me on the spot and put me to work the next day. The one I'm working for now put me to work within the week. I'm working a factory job right now for $11 an hour. Temp agencies have never failed me, I would try to find one near you. Factory work is never a bad option. They usually offer decent pay, and more often than not, benefits. Tyson's treated me exceptionally well.

You'll make it OP, I know you will. Persistence is key.

Enjoy the world you live it you fucking Kike

can confirm temp agencies are easy as fuck
as an autistic neet fuckwit even i was able to go to a job fair a temp agency was holding and work a job 3 days later.
people in factories are seriously fucking stupid too so even medium effort looks stellar

Temp agencies are the shit. I tried for ~7 months to find a job on my own, searching thousands of job postings and applying to 120+ with no success. Then I tried a temp agency and got a job within a week. It may not always be in a field you really want, but work is work. Things are just absolutely fucked right now in the job market. There are tons of jobs out there but your chances of getting one without help or years of experience and connections are very small.

They've never failed me. So OP, if you're still reading, you have three witnesses to this. If you're eager for work, temp work is for you. It is temporary though, for example, I worked for Rubbermaid for three months in preparation for the back to school season, then everyone got laid off. However, the hardest and most reliable workers actually got hired into the company. And like said, a lot of the people who work for them are idiots and don't give a shit. In my experience, these jobs have a high turnover rate. Not because it's hard, but because people don't want to fucking work. That makes the playing field level for you. If you're willing to do even the acceptable level of effort, chances are you'll be doing a better job than everyone else, because presumably, you give a shit. Since expectations are often low and turnout is usually high, I have no doubt that you can get some kind of supervisors position within a year or a year and a half. It'll usually bump up your pay a few bucks for not even working all that hard. Know the operation and do what you're suppose to, and you'll be there in no time. Sorry if I'm rambling, I'm drunk, but I do care about you OP. Being unemployed sucks, especially when there's such a lack of purpose in this world. You'll get a job, and you'll start ourt somewhere, and if you're willing and don't have a shitty attitude, you'll move up. I know you will.

Apply to walmart overnight maintenance… or overnight stalking. They're hiring this time a year. I'm practically retarded, a nigger, suffer from near crippling social anxiety, and even I managed to get hired there a few weeks ago. It's a job that has a high turnover rate given its nature, so they're bound to be hiring for these positions every other month or so…

It's basically just a lot of mopping and shit like thay. At least it was like that my first week…

I'm still adjusting to the new hours…