Is there any point to alcohol besides getting drunk...

Is there any point to alcohol besides getting drunk? I've been drinking for a while and can honestly sqy that all alcohol tastes like shit, no matter what kind it is. The only good thing about it is how nice it feels to be drunk.

Am I missing something? Is there more to alcohol, or is this it?

Pic unrelated.

you het drunk because

If you are under the age of 23, then I can tell you that it will eventually taste good. It's sort of like broccoli, you're not going to enjoy it until you are older. That being said, some people never enjoy it but I think chances are there will be drinks you end up liking.

Idk why but it's absolutely impossible for me to get drunk. I've had entire bottles of vodka, rum and regular beers at one time, yet I still can't get drunk. You guys are lucky

theres no point to it AT ALL

it's an effective sterilising agent

As an alcoholic, I'd advise you leave it well alone. Especially if bad shit has happened in your life.

I loved broccoli ever since I was a baby, shitlord. Alcohol is just stockholm sydrome.

1. The only good thing about it is how nice it feels to be drunk.
2. Am I missing something?

My dad likes the taste of alcohol but he only drink baileys and good beer/wine.

Godiva chocolate.
should get you started.

pic related

There's gotta be some mix you like, but yeah, that's pretty much it.

You don't need to spend $350k on plastic surgery to make fugly butterfaces look pretty.

It's one of the few things that I can put in my mouth that I can still actually taste.

So bad angle is totally not why she looks bad in that one picture

That's a benefit of being drunk retard. If alcohol didn't make you drunk, but was exactly the same besides that, you wouldn't want to fuck ugly bitches, and therefor wouldn't drink it.

You are slightly confused, OP.
The point of alcohol is not to get yourself drunk, it is to get the people around you drunk. Yes, you have to drink as well, in order to make it appear social, but the real purpose is to get everyone else drunk so that you can extract information, money, and favors from them which you can use to your own social advantage.

All it takes is one well-timed photograph of your boss to make you a VP. All it takes is one small bit of insider info to make you a millionaire. Those are extreme examples of course, most of what you accomplish will be smaller than that, but the concept is the same.

Helpful hint: Start with your landlord. Free rent will save you thousands of dollars a year.

I don't know whether to be impressed by this answer or scared by it. Gonna go with the former, just because it sounds straight out of an old Soviet spy manual, and therefore probably has actual merit.

Yeah, I couldn't get drunk when I was a teenager either.
Now that I'm 50 I can't stop getting drunk.
Let that be a lesson to you.
Enjoy your own mistakes in life!
It's a mistake to think you can't get drunk

Get some of these down your neck, cunt.

Drink cider.

Cider is for farmers and chutney jousters.

Some of it tastes pretty good. Most of it is just to get drunk.

Just don't make the mistake of getting drunk on shit that tastes bad. You will just get way too drunk way too quickly and be no fun for anybody, including yourself. If its shit you actually like to drink, you can dose it much better.

no not rreally

that's a beer for poofs.

This, actually. It's one of the reasons I became a heavy drinker/borderline alcoholic. So that I can drink more than the people around me and watch them descend into madness whilst I maintain at least a bit higher level of sobriety. Of course the health problems suck as a result.

Its a social thing like tattoos or being a whore.

It is an even bigger mistake to think tequila is good for you in the same way orange juice is.

How easy is it to get addicted though? I drink and smoke sometimes, and I haven't gotten addicted to either alcohol or tobacco yet. I don't feel a dependency either – I just get a bit drunk and light up a cigar once a month or so on a Friday night because I've got nothing better to do.

I've actually never tried mixed drinks. I've tried beer, but it just tastes like water. I've tried wine, but it tastes… weird. Mostly I just drink straight shots of whisky because it tastes alcoholic (not weak like beer), but still has some non-alcohol related taste unlike vodka, which just tastes, smells, and looks like rubbing alcohol.

You take that back m8. If you insult my waifu you'll pay with your laifu.

Alcohol lowers testosterone

Try a mixed drink, my man. I mix my own bloody marys and it's great. 5 parts alcohol to 1 part mix and I'm in heaven.

Is this true?

Red wine is the only exception to this rule.

My main poison is scotch. Colas and gingerale (oddly enough) mix well with it. Drink it neat if it's aged beyond sixteen years.

gave me a boner

nice glock

IWANA FUCK HER

even before that plastic suchery

dulls pain. I've hurt nearly constantly since I quit drinking. And when I still was, it made me feel good. at least for the first handful. after that it depends