Centrist Community

Why is it so hard to find a good centrist community online. It's so boring and lonely. I'm getting tired of the same old bias media with the same old messages. "Different days, same bullshit". I want to see different perspectives, i want to learn something new, i want to be proven wrong. I WANT SOMETHING TO EVALUATE ABOUT!

Other urls found in this thread:

uscentrist.org/about/party/what-is-centrist
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what he fuck is a centrist

Well that explains one the issues

uscentrist.org/about/party/what-is-centrist

pic related

idiotic tbh fam
it's like you don't even know people can hold varied beliefs common to both ends of the political spectrum

excellent

fuck off faggot

What? Don't all people believe their beliefs are coherent. Seems a bit repetitive to say that phrase.

i never played undertale. However the boss battles gameplay looks challenging. I might give a go

cuz u r very not passionate about the issues

Here's a few:
1: Lack of passion: those who are passionate about an issue will tend to be attracted to wherever they are in agreement on that particular issue.
2: No sense of unity: identifying as a "centrist" says absolutely nothing about what you actually believe.
3: The "biased media effect:" If you believe something, it's likely that you'll consider a place where the opposite stance is taken seriously as biased even if it's not.
4: Centrists are generally cunts who think they're intelligent for 3rd grade level reasoning: "The polar opposite of a bad thing isn't necessarily a good thing!" Most people think of themselves as fairly centrist and convince themselves by assuming others on their "side" are more radical than they actually are.

This is somewhat understandable. Being a centrist gives you no identity. This can be favorable and unfavorable at the same time.
However being centrist tells you hold no idea higher than the other one with a personal bias.

Well that's not actually how we think. We usually evaluate as many choice as possible and we come up with one best one. We're open for interpretation, but our first concern isn't about what's right but what actually works.

virtually everyone thinks of themselves that way. This is a notion so widespread there is a name for it: "naive realism." Nobody thinks of themselves as being ideologically/emotionally driven. Nobody thinks "i belong to this party therefore i should think this." Virtually everyone, though, thinks everyone else does.

Everyone else thinks they do as well.
That's called pragmatism.

Why is everyone overcomplicating what centrism is? Just like saying
Tells you jack shit about someone, it's the same with centrism; some right wingers are hawks, for example, while others are more isolationist. Some lefties want full blown communism, while others are just liberals.
You retards attach too much value to your labels.

THEM OR US
H
E
M

O
R

U
S

"Left"and "right" are fairly fluid terms, yes. But you do get a rough estimation of their views through these labels.
Labels are important. Not only do they make decent shorthands for a set of political views but they also provide a platform from which you can express them.

Maybe for some people they can find a label which works for them, but I've never felt strongly enough for any label, not to mention everyone has a different understanding of what a certain label entails, and depending on their perspective, may dismiss your opinion or think less of it because you identity as a nationalist, libertarian, liberal, etc.; even centrist doesn't work for me, because, as this thread shows, identifying as a centrist means being strawmanned as having no solid opinion on anything.

That's just bants. Ignore it.
Really, it comes down to your intrinsic moral principle.
That is: what is your main goal with your political beliefs?

If some autist were to abuse the Socratic method and just kept asking questions along the lines of "why do you believe that" "why is that important" etc. at what point could you go no further and simply have to say "it's self evident?"

Please go back to 9gag

Then you're a utilitarian, which means you lack coherent moral values, because you don't have any at all. You do "what works" or compromise with morally wrong policies, and since you're such a huge cuck for the commies and think it's edgy, you call yourself a "Centrist".
It's exactly like people who define themselves as "democrats" larping like it's some kind of moral high ground, even though it's the exact opposite. If you'd rather have democracy and relativism than you being the dictator, then you're a huge cuck.
inb4 "huh duh you're just ignorant, I'm not a faggot" Yes you are, kill yourself

There's this site called facebook. Stay there and don't come back.

Saved

You're right. People usually think like this. "I think this certain way therefore i belong to this party" Being a centrist doesn't really tell you what values you hold like limited government or more government control in our lives. Instead of holding one set values, we usually hold them all.

I think you're getting your vocabulary mixed up, son.
We're pragmatist not utilitarians

That's not really a bad thing, it shows that you're willing to change a certain opinion on topics and it also show that you're not a stubborn person.

Ok i'm not going to lie i kinda laugh a little at that.

But i never said we never had a moral compass. Just that we like to see what actually works before we evaluate what's actually right. It doesn't matter how much something seems right, if it doesn't work its pretty much useless.

you're all just a bunch of faggots who want different sets of things to be illegal because they offend you when in reality granting your wish will change nothing except arbitrarily remove certain freedoms. all your stupid debates are baww baww niggers should be illegal hurr hurr saying "nigger" should be illegal durr durr etc. then there's the serious fuckers who try to establish a well defined philosophy and suddenly it's illegal to drive a car that wasn't made by google

found the lolbertarian

You'll need to visit >>>/midpol/
Other than that, extremist views in discussion forums (physical forums back in the day) rise and gain momentum whenever a society reaches the collapse stage of decline.
You see, the normie masses are mostly apolitical and seek hedonism at all costs, even death and self genocide is not a problem.
Extremists then by definition must rise up to save themselves and save their people.
And if you are apolitical you aren't looking for discussion anyway.
So why do you lie to yourselves Opey?

Checking Quads

You cannot hold all views.
You are within the Godhead and not It.
You are one part not all parts. You are You not All.

Just don't go on political forums, retard

all they do is fuck shit up until the moderates get back into power

t. every post on reddit ever