/horror/ general thread

Let's talk about horror movies, Holla Forums.

What's the last kino horror movie you've watched?

Other urls found in this thread:

annabillersblog.blogspot.com.ar/2014/01/the-misogyny-of-modern-slasher-film.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Pandorum was kino as.
Horror films have been trash for the past decade since everyone is either doing
or

Sci-fi horror is all I have left.
Only other sci-fi horror in recent memory is Australian indie film called Infini. It's true patrician taste, but most of the fags here would shit on it without realising how great it is.

It has a Hemsworth brother in it, I guess.

Don't breathe
The autopsy of Jane Doe
They follow
We are still here

Insidious and Conjuring had jump scares done right, plus perfect audio placement.

Saw Infini, think the plot was too thin, some good visuals but overall I would not recommend it.
For a good new horror scifi try Spectral Netflix original film.

Can't take your opinions seriously, now.
Spectral was really good, up until the final 15 minutes, in which it just became a generic action film in which the protag has to stop the ebil villains right as they are about to kill him and his new ho.

Breddy gud movie. Ending was gay as fuck. We're in a boat. Let's hug and smile and look at the green-screen while feigning wonderment. Still re-watch from time to time.

Good movie.

That movie was surprising. Need to re-watch. 8/10 would recommend.

Kill Command was another lower-budget sci-fi/horror that was pretty alright. Keep you eyes peeled for the Magpul MOE silencer.

Kill Command was pretty good especially with this low budget (Spectral had a really decent budget)
It follows ( not they follow)
Starry Eyes

The ending was meh but would love a sequel.

Woman in Black 1. It's really tame and common now, but it was something special when it first released. The time period was beneficial as you knew the main character couldn't just pull out his cell phone. The island was also very isolated and surrounded by dangerous terrain. The MC couldn't just run back to town at night and had to stay on the island until low tide the next morning. You also go to see the MC come to terms with what he unleashed on the town. You can feel for him as he rushes into a burning building to save a child, only to see what happens when she gets a hold of them. You eventually see that the spirits of the children are trapped by her and they will never get a good ending. You get to see the MC explore the mansion and its history without using a computer.

The second Woman in Black made a major mistake by following so many characters at the same time. There just wasn't the same level of dread as when they were alone. I honestly would have had the house get bombed by a lucky German pilot. That way that section of the story will be complete and we can then explore what happens when the spirit no longer has something solid to attach herself to. You could have done a "The Others" and had the spirit of the soldier trying to return home, but being lost out in the Marsh. Rather than a function decoy airport, it could have been a destroyed decoy airport where he met his end. That way, we quickly leave the house and move towards having to see the children make it to safety in an area where the spirits are restless and the woman is free to wander.

Didn't even know they made a sequel, I will watch it with my DIY fleshlight. Pretty sure it will be not as good as the first.

how the fuck can a movie be scary? just walk away from the screen, like nigga close your eyes

I would love to kidnap you, tie you up, give you some LSD and make you watch some of my favourite horror films.

If we're talking kino horror, it'd have to be The Shining. Kubrick is God.

bitch you wouldn't even dare step into my hood

Nigger spotted.

Two original films with some nice aesthetics.
Beyond the gates
The love witch

CuckBoi is right, no Niggers or Muslims should be allowed here. And stay on topic or else.

Horror can't be kino. Only fat cuckolds like horror films.

Niggers don't have aesthetic sense, go back to your hood.

I reckon that The Witch was pretty kino

Style over substance IMO. I liked Beyond The Gates better.

Daily reminder that The Love Witch's director Anna Biller is a hardcore feminist, and it shows throughout the movie.

She also wrote this: annabillersblog.blogspot.com.ar/2014/01/the-misogyny-of-modern-slasher-film.html

I will give it a try.

It's not all that bad, she nailed the 70s sexploitation aesthetic, and the plot is not particularly remarkable. There are some scenes where it gets all preachy, which is where the "muh stronk womyn" starts to show, but other than that, it's rather enjoyable.

mfw

the problem with horrors is that they are solely cheap jumpscares

where are the quality horrors like the amnesia game where the atmosphere and the psychological impact scares you more than the actual visual, like poltergeist…

True, style over substance but still enjoyable, really liked the lead actress, she's so hot. Much better than XX, the last feminist manifesto wich was acclaimed by all the SJWs and cuckbois.

The sequel to the Ouija movie was bretty gud, much better than the first movie actually.

Agreed it was a nice surprise.

This blog post gave me cancer.

fuck did you think was gonna happen?

This one was pretty decent

I knew the content would be problematic I just wanted to know how crazy it was.
High level craziness would love to create a fake lesbian ape feminist blog to ask her about her white privilege. #ListenAndBelieve

I hope they will make a sequel.

For scifi horror fans check out Europa Report really great film. National Geographic tried to copy its cinematic formula with their shity Mars mini series but literally missed the spot.

If you're going to do that I would recommend this
It spooked me good

dude squares lol

It's boring as crap. Just skip most of the middle and go straight to the end after everyone else is killed and she signs the devil's contract.

Oh, and talking goat, lol.

I liked the actress from Split, would kidnap.

haha yeah

trash. 80s wannabe low budget trash. STOP

Make me stop.
The film was all right, wouldn't spend money on it unless going to see it on a date.

Is Dario Argento kino? I've been binge watching his movies lately and it's like for every four of his good ideas he has one terrible idea. Like the ending to Terror at the Opera, which has to be one of the worst twist endings in the history of movies. I mean, Jesus fucking Christ.

And there's this scene in Suspiria where a woman is being chased by a killer, gets trapped in a room and the only way out of the room is through a window. While she's climbing through the window she clearly sees that the room she's climbing into is filled with razor wire, meaning she'd have to jump into the razor wire and crawl through it to escape. But she has no reaction to this. Not even like an "Oh, fuck," or just a scared glance. She just jumps down like it's the easiest fucking thing in the world. Like it's no fucking problem that she has to crawl through a pit of razor wire to get to the next room. I understand she had to do it to avoid being murdered, but the complete lack of reaction took me out of the movie a bit.

Overall, I like his films, but this guy seriously pisses me off some times.

I find it's best not to expect too much sense from Italian horror. Think of them as nightmares put to film, nonsensical logic and all.

If you have to kidnap someone and give them LSD to make a movie scary, it's probably not that scary.

Spectral was fucking awful, lads. "LEMME JUST REVERSE THE POLARITY. WITH THIS FUCKING HAMMER." Just awful, really offensively bad. I saw Kill Command and don't remember much other than being bored.

Last horror I watched was Masque Of The Red Death. Not scary, but really well made. Before that was Robotropolis, which is really bad in comparison to the sequel, which I saw first.

I like the colors in his movies. Good for having something on the background, but try not to focus too hard.

Come on m8, it has a pretty nice blend of The Terminator with a bit of Aliens and Predator thrown in. Certainly not the best movie ever but it's pretty comfy.

All those old Vincent Price movies are pure kino.

Literally Kino

That I'll definitely give you. Suspiria is a beautiful film.

It's not even remotely close to being comfy. It's fine if you enjoyed it, but it really does lead me to believe that your bar is set far too low. Not horror, but if you want a comfy sci fi movie, Hunter Prey was great, and had a very small budget with a lot of practical effects.

The original ending shot of Insidious 3.

The replacement shot of the Darth Maul demon is perhaps even goofier looking.

The was a cop out ending.

That was the one where it ended being humans that were the scourge of the galaxy and had to be hunted down, right? Quality sci-fi right there. They made it for like less than a half mil, too.

JUST

Last one I watched was Beverly Hills Vamp, though it was really more of a comedy than straight horror.

I want a film with beautiful girls like 5ive girls

Opinion discarded

They spend the entire film building the mood and tension and in the last 10 minutes throw it all away with a completely unnecessary shift in tone. The violence was so unexpected and over the top. I laughed hard. It was fucking hilarious.

what they went with.

Fulci > Argento

This. Read Fulci's interviews. He wanted to create nightmare cinema, not flicks with logic. Zombi 2 and The Beyond wouldn't be half as tenseful if the characters tried to run away instead of being fixated by the terror.

must we do this

I kinda prefer Argento's best movies, but he has turned out some truly embarrassing nonsense, even with a budget and decent actors

but "nightmare logic" or not, a doctor should have sense enough to shoot a zombie in the head

anyway: The Haunting (original Wise version, duh)

fuck off and die