Big Bang Theory spinoff: Young Sheldon

Will you watch it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ygMNrbYefP4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

lol no

I bet it will sound completely /thathappened/

ZIMBABWE!

In ten years, everyone on reddit now will regret liking this trash and pretend they always hated it.

In ten years, everyone on reddit right now will be dead.

Reddit already hates the Big Bang Theory. They always say "Big Bang Theory is smart humour for dumb people, and Arrested Development is dumb humour for smart people". Then they make the same comparison about reddit and 4chan as if they are 4chan.

For what purpose? and will he be cast as a nigger?

You do realize that it's current year right?

Reddit literally is 4chan, and 8/pol/, and Holla Forums, and 8/v/.

Those teeth look disgusting.

BOJANGLES

Well they certainly poz every place they go

There is literally nothing wrong with reddit.

bojangles has good biscuits, but zaxbys has better chicken

Wait a sec, are you trying to bazinga me again?

Reddit is where dumb people go to act smart. Imageboards are where redditors go to act dumb.

Woah dude…You just blew my fucking mind.

redditor detected. you just said exactly what said redditors say.

Reddit is where dumb people go to act dumb. Imageboards are where dumb people and redditors argue about who's dumber while /int*/ stirs up drama.

Wait, if this is going to take place 20-25 years ago, then how will they make President Trump jokes?

Overuse of the word literally. Most of the time incorrectly. Just to start.

BOLOGNA

you are literally out of your mind if you think there is literally anything wrong with the literal use of literally saying literally in a literally literal literallity

I thought it was an ongoing joke

relevant

MY DAD WORKS FOR NINTENDO
BOOKOOKACHOO WATCHYOOGONNA DOO

We can only hope

Can't wait

Pretty sure they tried this already, with disastrous results.

youtube.com/watch?v=ygMNrbYefP4

Redditeers and Holla Forumsnazis will be used as fodder in WWIII. /leftyproles/ will get raped by "minorities" and probably like it.

i hated everything about that

Except I used the correct one whereas he used the wrong one. kym or kys.

B== ==O== ==T== ==S== ==W== ==A== ==N== ==A

JUMANJI

Maybe I'd watch it if it also has cute girls

the best part is inside joke redditors think this is the future, these half assed retarded spinoffs that nowhere near enough ppl will watch, and will get cancelled as soon as budget is tight

How exactly is this show even going to work? Didn't Sheldon mention countless times that he had no friends up until he met Leonard and was very much a loner? So is the show just going to be some autistic kid making intentionally """funny""" remarks at school and then going home to work on his science projects in his room? The only supporting characters could be his parents (one of which will die during his early teens), his sister, maybe his teachers and some kids who pick on him. Maybe it's just me but that sounds more depressing than humorous.

They'll retool it so he has friends. Sitcoms fuck with continuity all the time.

On Cheers, Frasier was an only child and his Dad was a deceased research scientist. They made a joke out of it in an episode where Sam shows up.

So it's going to be like that MLP cartoon…great

What if it'll be an actual drama this time, with depressing and bleak tone? haha

That just sounds depressing.

In what way is it smart humour for dumb people? It never even approaches smart humour. It's just humour about smart people. I should make a show about scientists farting and see if Reddit thinks that's smart humour too.

"lel drumpfucks btfo! best show evah!"
- Tumblr reacts to Young Sheldon

For certain values of "smart". And "people", tbqh. Remember that there's a pajeet, a whore, and a bunch of kikes in the cast.

Literally Reddit-tier goons trying too hard to be funny. The only halfway decent thing they ever produced was the "Freddit Breddit" nickname

Sheldon also has a brother, who is a dumb redneck, so perhaps he'll be the foil to young Sheldon. Maybe they can make him a Drumpf supporter strawman.

I watch it out of ritual and also to hate-watch.

See I don't even remember that. Guess something like that is likely but I imagine they'll probably just have him and his twin sister be a double act. It'll be like Gravity Falls just without the supernatural stuff and more autism.

Used to watch it back when I was a bluepilled fag trying to fit in. Always kind of knew it was trash but it was easy to watch and since it is on pretty much all the time, I often had it on as background noise.

That's TBBT as it always was anyway

filtered

He's too much of a plebeian to do that. He has to be nerdy about things that amerifats would recognize, like Star Wars, Spock, and Dungeons & Dragons.

Also Baspengi would've been a boy in about the 90s or 80s, so he wouldn't have known most anime but Dragon Ball and Pokemon.

I would watch that.

No.
Normies acknowledge D n D but it hasn't been part of the normiesphere since the late 80s.
DnD is Pinball tier, it's a legit culture - normalfags can't into maps, original stories and hierarchy.

This is an example of how writing has turned to shit. Going back to Frasier, when they polled watchers of Cheers, the watchers said they wanted a Norm spinoff. Nobody said they wanted a Frasier spinoff. But the writers actually knew comedy, and knew a Norm spinoff couldn't work. So even though a Frasier spinoff wasn't asked for, they knew the potential was great.

I've only watched maybe five minutes of Big Bang Theory, but it seems pretty clear Sheldon is socially maladjusted and a 'bit' character who is wacky. The main character of a sitcom can't be the wackiest person on it. A show based off him as a kid is going to crash and burn, but then we all already know this. Modern writers are such hacks that they don't know this.

So basically, it's going to be like the Friends spin-off, "Joey".

You have to have a balance; you need the everyman to be quirky enough to get into funny situations but not quirky enough to be a bit character. This is why, if we take The Big Bang Theory as an example, Leonard is the main character.

This is incidentally why The Cleveland Show failed; Cleveland was too boring and everyman to carry the show, and so were most of his friends.

*pause for effect, looks over shoulder, looks back to TV*

I don't see Cleveland as really an everyman. He's a bit character. He's slow-talking and very laid back, and his jokes revolve around his slow delivery. Quagmire talks fast; Cleveland talks slow.

Patrick Warburton as Joe could conceivably do better in a spinoff (the Tick was awesome), but Joe is really just shouting friend so probably not.

I feel like you could have a wacky main character similar to in The Jerk or or Ace Ventura. Though in both those instances the main characters are at least taking themselves seriously. Which is something I don't feel like Sheldon's character does well.

Bigger problem here is that they're wanting to involve a child actor in a comedic role even though kids can't act.

There have been numerous attempts at shows involving child actors that have been utterly forgettable since the shows always ended up veering off their child actors since they can't do shit. They can't act and you can't have a compelling story based around a kid every week. Closest I can think of is Malcolm In The Middle and they usually tempered the show by constantly having the show center on the parents while treating the kids as little assholes.

Actually, the plan wasn't to make a Frasier spin-off at all initially. Kelsey Grammer had a deal with the Wings producers, who also worked on Cheers, that when Cheers was over they'd do a series together. When it was clear Cheers was ending, they started work on it. Originally Grammer was going to play a paraplegic businessman who worked out of his apartment and had a hispanic live-in nurse who he'd get into conflicts with. Grammer liked it, the network executives didn't. The network executives said 'Why don't you just do a Frasier spin-off?' so the Frasier producers acquiesced and then decided that they would set it as far away from Boston and Cheers as possible so the executives wouldn't keep asking that the Cheers characters make guest appearances in the first season.

Explains why Frasier seemed to have so little in common with what went on with Cheers.

They made him more of an everyman in The Cleveland Show, in that they made him a slightly less extreme Peter Griffin/Stan Smith type. Really just added to the "what's the point" factor of the show. Well-meaning wife, awkward son, pissy daughter, short improbable ham with an unhinged streak, ironic talking animal, neighbors/bar buddies…at least AD skipped the last part.

Stan has his circle of friends, but the show doesn't lean on them like the other two. It probably does moreso these days, though.

Why am I laughing so hard at these?

Because internet shitposters would be legitimately better at creating a post-ironic comedy show than the people who create comedy shows now.

By the time Hollywood catches onto iterative irony we'll still be lightyears beyond them.
Good taste isn't worth it.

I honestly don't know what level of irony I'm on anymore, or whether my jokes about suicide are serious, ironic, post-ironic, or post-post-ironic

To the uninitiated it appears as if sincerity is randomly diffused as a fine mist throughout my jokes. If only they knew what wondrously intricate structures of irony are built on each sincere particle, each with its place in the ballet at humor's frontier.

Another reason was that they had to change pretty much everything about Frasier in order to make him 'work' as the centre of a sitcom, as opposed to one of the zany supporting characters. That's part of the reason that Niles is in there, to assume the role of the 'original' Frasier and even Niles became more three-dimensional as the show went on.

good thred

Is he /ourguy/?

HOLD
THE
FUCKING
PHONE

If kid shooldur angrily screeched bazinga as a way to vent his autistic rage then it would probably be worth a chuckle
>shyamalannnn
BAAAAAZZZZZIIIIIIIIINNNNGAAAAAAAAAA

*knock knock knock* Annie?

TREBLINKA!

Was thinking that myself. Avoided that shit like the plague after seeing half an episode and remembering it's by the guy who made Two and a Half Men.

There's an actual series on Youtube going back to like 2010 where Wil Wheaton and other hipster nobodies play DnD and talk about it, in later years in front of a massive audience a PAX. It's as normalfagged as things can get.

It's the not the webshow from Miss I'ma a Geek Brand?

dexter's laboratory

To their credit, I think its p cool that they fully voice act everything. Or maybe that's the one with Mercer. I don't know I just like fully voice acted sessions

Right now most anons are on simple post-irony.

The truly enlightened have progressed to the final form of irony, Triple Reductive Post Ironic Irony.

fokin hell

this 30 second video made me laugh more than any comedy tv show in the past 20 years

I would watch a BBT written by Holla Forums

That BBT would probably involve a lot of BBC!
DUDINKA!

Could it be a DuckTales/Darkwing Duck situation, where it's supposedly a different universe but recycled Launchpad as the pilot sidekick?

why are you telling us about your day dude

I'm pretty excited actually, it could be bad but it could also be pretty great. It all depends on whether they stick to the established lore or not, if they rewrite the character it's going to crash and burn. Sheldon is TBBT and the fan's won't be happy if they change his mannerisms. It all depends on the casting and writing, it's a coin toss tbh.

I'm so tired of irony. I watched an episode of the original Twilight Zone the other day, and I was struck by how earnest it was. There was no snark. No eye rolling. You could tell everyone involved was just trying their hardest to make good television. I miss that.

kys

Ok. Maybe I could have phrased that better, when I say "lore" I'm talking about established events. An example would be the story Sheldon tells about building a nuclear reactor, or the FBI visiting him for trying to obtain uranium on craigslist. It would also suck if they tried to turn him into some kind of "popular nerdy kid" when it's been established that he was bullied as a child. It's lore of a sort i suppose, what's your problem?

not that user but see

I dont think you know what that means, TBBT is for faggots anyways, kill yourself reddit

BOTCHABO

Take the stick out of your ass ffs. You are on the Holla Forums board, why would you have a problem with me discussing the show? Get a life you meme spouting retard, you fags have ruined this board..

This show is going to be pretty dark if they stick to the established Canon.

Holy shit, this show would be DARK as fuck without the laughtrack.

Is this just programming to get people to laugh at other people being pathetic losers?

He's not a loser, he's just an autist. Tesla was a basement dwelling permavirgin woukd you call him a "loser"?

The user greentexting the show is the only good thing to come out of this tbh

Before or after I gave the gay nerd an atomic wedgie?

Why the fuck are you even here retard tv is obviously for discussing tv and films or it would have a different name. Why do nasty little trolls like you always have to ruin everybody else's fun? Take it to >>>Holla Forums you inconsiderate asshole.

He's rich because he's friends with jews.

Remember anons, with jews…

I'd compare him to r9k but I think he was too smart for that comparison to be fair.

*whps out dick*

nothing personnel ciddie

*sends you into the abyss*

see you back on reddit cid

*tips kippah*

im jew

Was this supposed to be funny?

SUDONGA

Its such a Sheldon thing to do, right? OMG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! COOL MEME BRO!

SUDDYCOCK BTFO! HOW WILL HE EVER RECOVER?!?!?!

DUDE MEMES LMFAO!

DUDE BUZZWORDS LMFAO!

DUDE IF I USE THIS SILLY MADE UP NON WORD IT NEGATES ANY POINT THAT YOU MAKE LMFAO!

DUDE 8 MORE YEARS LMFAO!

DUDE JENNY WON LMFAO!

DUDE THE PREQUELS ARE GOOD LMFAO!

THIS IS WHERE WE POST IN ALL CAPS? ARE YOU GOING TO SAGEBOMB UNTIL IT DIES OR ARE YOU GOING TO PUSSY OUT?

DUDE FUCK YOU LMFAO!

PUSSY

not an argument

you're the newfag/troll ruining fun
this thread was fun before you barged in

sperg. nobody likes you IRL, nobody likes you online, so you do it for free

your impotent screeching is music to my ears

This thread was legitimately good until you came along.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>BOLIVIA

Jenny did win though.

And the prequels are unironic kino.

that could actually be good

bump

This is amazing Holla Forums. Never change you glorious faggots.

sincere thanks for this compilation