Clarissa Deep Fried

An user asked, now I'm delivering.

Other urls found in this thread:

whatisdeepfried.com/2000/12/31/clarissa/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I think that's the farthest it went.

I don't exactly follow.
What are the exact family relations there?
Are Clarissa's siblings and mother blissfully unaware of what's going on, or are they terrorized to the point of blind obedience?

Everyone knows what's going on, but they try to ignore the incestuous rape in favor of acting/looking like a normal family.

And it's killing them in different ways.

Damn, I was hoping there was more by now.

This whole this is the REALEST fucking shit ever. I've known a few people who've been molested, and (after I finally got old enough to be able to talk to them about it and not just try to change subjects) this pretty much runs through all the shit they talk about feeling. The self loathing and shame, the cautiousness they feel around others, even the apprehension of talking to someone who may have been through a similar ordeal.

And it's just a damn good comic. It keeps good comedic and tragic beats, and the kids seem very real. Like, all her classmates seem like easy to understand kid characters, and Clarissa's little day dreams all make me think about how my imagination worked when I was a kid.

He's starting a new comic, it's already been funded.

That's cool. I'd love to pick up a physical comic. Just for the look on people's faces if I tell them to check it out without telling them what it's about.

Clarissa a real cutie.

You're a sick fuck. I like your style.

great, more antipedo propaganda from someone who probably can't accept the fact he likes getting his bum drilled by his dad

How's your kid doing, user?

pretty good, sucks like a champ and learned fractions just last week

This is depressing as shit. This comic is the only one that fills me with anger.

I think it's one of the few comics we've had on here lately that makes people feel depressed and angry PURPOSEFULLY. Normally those feelings come from incompetence, but this is crafted just right.

Like when the teacher laughs off her "Me Me" drawing. And, yeah, you think "NOTICE THIS SHIT, BITCH!", but in real life people miss or just look away from obvious warning signs of abuse. It's fucked up.

sounds like he's a good emotional manipulator.

someone should call hollywood and tell them to hire jason to make a holocaust movie

I remember that some years ago someone posted some of these in half/x/, and I commented on how some stripes (more specifically, Clarissa Ruins Thanksgiving and Stuffed Friend) were funny since they took more of a dark humour approach to the subject than a more serious and straightforward tone, like later strips do. People called me fucked up and crazy, but I can't help but laugh at how ironic some of the punchlines are while still managing to be fucked up and depressing. Best example would be in Stuffed Friend, where the comical punchline comes just after and before the dramatic punchline, which causes an even worse effect by making you realize how unfunny that shit actually is despite the way it had been presented is. Bathtime Fun is not really funny, but it is obvious it's being presented under several layers of irony that make the strip not feel as serious as it should be if the author was trying to be completely honest and clear.

Family Portrait is the opposite of this. There is nothing funny about it (other than the way the teacher smugly dismisses Clarissa's problems, even though she is openly admitting that, despite not getting the Mimi clue, she just doesn't give a fuck about her well being; this is probably the only dark humor part this strip has), and everything about that strip is simply trying to build up an atmosphere of agony and general shittiness where it's difficult to pinpoint the main source of it, since it's basically coming from all sides.

I can't be the only one seeing this. This comic is fucked up, but it's obvious the author has tried to insert small bits of humour in his stories, perhaps to make the reader feel even worse for laughing at it. I think it's obvious Jason is trying to create some contrast through the use of dark comedy, but maybe it's just that I'm indeed fucked in the head or something. Although it probably was just half/x/ being tumblrite moralfags, as always

Clarissa has outright stated her dad is fucking her. That said, even if they decided to just dismiss it as a lie or children being silly as usual (which they didn't, otherwise they wouldn't get all depressed as a reaction to that), there are clues in other stories. For example, Clarissa's mom is shown to be drinking liquor with a really sad face, which she is quick to change as soon as Clarissa appears in her field of vision, and then back again to a sad face as soon as she is gone. Then, one of her brothers knows Clarissa is hiding from her dad, and also that she doesn't like hot syrup at all, which is why he floods her toasts with it, so I guess he is truly evil and doesn't give a fuck about his sister, and he may even enjoy seeing her suffer. The other brother may not be evil; he definitely sees what's happening is fucked up, which is why he always seems jumpy when things get ugly, and that's why he is pretending it's not happening.

I think they may be trying to represent different reactions or approaches to not solving the problem that could happen during a case of pedophilia inside the family. I haven't directly talked to any victims of sexual abuse so I don't know if this is true, but their behaviour seems so marked I just assume they are simply trying to portrait or caricaturize something.

The mother is trying to solve the problem with small useless patches, such as the stuffed toys or the abundant breakfasts, in hopes she can make Clarissa happier. The mother would rather shift the blame than address the root of the problem, her husband.

The blond brother is a sadistic motherfucker who would rather make things worse for everyone, probably because he enjoys it; I think he represents that double-faced guy who is a bully, but always gets away with his shenanigans because he puts a good act when everyone is looking. He is someone who enjoys hurting the victim even more. Not sure if this archetype would be common in a real life situation, but I would expect some family members to make things worse, even if not on purpose.

The other brother is that guy who would rather look away. Maybe if he pretends it's not real, it will stop happening, but deep down he knows it wont stop. He is probably not a bad person, just another victim of a dysfunctional family who wishes he could live a normal life. He's just a coward, just like all the other characters.

If you read the character bios it makes sense what the blond brother is doing. He's doing things on purpose to keep the heat on Clarrisa and off of him. Notice he was also the one to suggest Clarissa should also say grace at thanksgiving.

The bios also state the mother is trying to "let the past be the past." Her small useless patches are an attempt to get Clarissa to be happier insomuch as she thinks it can all be forgotten and things can go back to normal.

What do you mean with this? The only bio I know of is the small snippet of text found in whatisdeepfried, and it doesn't seem to explain anything about his behaviour (unless you are implying he is doing this to appear even better than he is).

Apparently, from what I have read, the family members may not be aware that dad is fucking Clarissa. I mean, they are definitely aware that dad fucked Clarissa, but they may think he stopped doing it since he apparently promised he would stop (he didn't). Their behaviours may be residual, so to speak

whatisdeepfried.com/2000/12/31/clarissa/

They're right there. They're written as if everything's cool, but with the last sentence of each character's little blurb you can read between the lines to understand how they deal with it.

I got a special rope for you on the Day.

tdor won't happen because you retards refuse to reproduce and your women are corrupted by the time you think is the right time.

its far more likely for white extinction to happen by being outbred than for tdor, you have to admit it, you simply don't have the numbers, and since you refuse to increase them…

If numbers were important, China wouldn't have lost every war it's been in since the 1700's.

At least China has won more wars than Germany.

I can see why this story stopped– high chance of progressing plot and completely changing the status quo. Really cant see this one end without police involvement.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

It either ends the story and characters, or the situation worsens; I assume the author didnt have that in mind when he started this thread.

Yeah, once the cops get involved, the story is completely different. So that won't happen until/if the writer wants to end things or change it entirely. I mean, I'm sure there are lot of stories to tell as she recovers from all that child rape, but that would be the end of any stories like these.

Does anyone have access to the book?

The edgy thread is over there, fam.

Jesus, this is awful. I mean, it's smartly written and well drawn but just…fuck, man.

Yup. It's honestly depressing as fuck, but it does get you into the mind of a molested kid. And the humor just makes it sting more.

And?

The comic is a piece of crap. I have nothing against bleak subjects, but I have everything against writing with no subtlety.

Gee I wonder who the bad character is? Is it the dad? Yaaay I win.

What? There was nothing sexual at all about the french toast itself. The whole point was that just being near him makes her feel sick but everyone else is pretending that everything is normal.

Doesn't it go on for a few more pages and reveal that the other girls dad is a doctor and put the cast on her arm
I could have sworn that happened
Am I crazy?

knowing this guy, the girls arm broke because her evil white cisgendered father forced her to jerk him off too much