"TL;DR: Nvidia may collect your name, address, email, phone number, IP address...

reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/5b9hdo/nvidia_adds_telemetry_to_latest_drivers_heres_how/

"TL;DR: Nvidia may collect your name, address, email, phone number, IP address, and non traditional identifiers and share this information with business partners, resellers, affiliates, service providers, consulting partners, and others. This information is combined with typical browsing and cookie data and used by Nvidia itself or advertising networks."

"CanardPC Hardware discovered that as of driver 368.25, Nvidia was collecting your information and transmitting it (without encryption) if you had Geforce Experience installed. It looks like there have been some changes since then, now all users have the NvTmMon process, and if you are using Geforce Experience 3 Nvidia has your email address or facebook account in addition."

"t looks like if you are using GFE3, software usage and browsing and cookie data will be tied to your identity"

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/4qt8pf/geforce_experience_sends_a_detailed_log_of_your/
reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/5bdoq4/seriously_microsoft/
lowrisc.org/
nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/FAQ/
packages.gentoo.org/packages/sys-firmware/nvidia-firmware
nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/VideoAcceleration/
openbsd.org/papers/opencon06-docs/index.html
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Radeon#Built-in_kernel
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Top two retardit comment:
These are the same people that spent 3k USD on their PC, we've fucking lost the battle.

reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/4qt8pf/geforce_experience_sends_a_detailed_log_of_your/

Where do these faggots come from? How are they spawned?

I'm assuming it's at the start of the next round, unless there's some sort of timer involved instead.

A lot of them know better than to use W10 though as they've seen Microsoft fuck over PC gamers one time too many. But then again this was posted 10 hours ago

reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/5bdoq4/seriously_microsoft/

Some highlights; some rephrased some original

>Pirated the enterprise version! (-4 points)
This guy made a thread titled Switched to Windows Phone 8.1 with a Lumia 1020! 4 days ago and is a Hillary supporter

The worst part about all this is the title PC Master Race is applicable to them when compared to console owners.

NEVER TRUST TAIWANESE CHINK

I'm using AMD everything next time.

This is insane.

saved

Zen will be like the new coming of Christ my friend, you will not be disappointing

How can we trust AMD though...

Open source CPU when?

Soon™.

lowrisc.org/

yfw AMD wins again

I would use nouveau driver if it stops having inferior FPS all the damn time you nigger.

You know their is a difference when a driver is shit and when a software does not exploit correctly the said driver.

nor nvidia or amd can be trusted

nvidia is because... well there is no free/libre drivers made by them, but nouveau exist.

amd is because... well there is a free/libre drivers made by them but it requires a blob thus making it useless.
Their is no free/libre alternative to it.

You can reverse engineer that blob if you're not a retarded pajeet, because it's not encrypted, unlike the one nouveau depends on.

That one minecraft tween having a cognitive dissonance meltdown in that thread is hilarious

I am taking the bait

you have no idea how nouveau works faggot.

nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/FAQ/

there's nobody but Nvidia and you to blame. Nvidia because they don't publish the hardware specs, and they do so to keep software competitors at a disadvantage.

You, for encouraging the anticompetitive and user subjugation bullshit with your money.

/thread

Only happens on windows if you install geforce experience. Linux has no geforce experience. Wincucks are already part of a botnet just by using windows in the first place. Shit thread

Nvidia SpyWorks™ technology combined with certified EVGA products ensure a fast response time from your local fire department for when the card inevitably catches fire.

A link straight from that site:
packages.gentoo.org/packages/sys-firmware/nvidia-firmware

Enjoy that software-decoded video, freetard

like there is any decent choice either it's fucking AMD or Nvidia, and AMD had it's fair share with drivers issues. I for myself don't care much personally about those GPU brand I am more concerned if they can give a decent price/performance value and if it works nicely on RMS+Loonix. When Noveau properly works with majority amount of newer games or rather older one then I would switch to it. Or is there a benchmark where the Nouveau driver blows the proprietary one out of water hmm? I am waiting.

While nouveau needs a blob since the GTX9**, you're being retarded. Nobody uses hardware decoding unless on a battery equipped device.

Is this only Geforce experience? I'd love to change to Nouveau but I'm pretty dependent on CUDA and Nvidia's OpenCL implementation at the moment.

Do you even get 60fps with those?

Too obvious, nvidiot

Of course.

only GE and only on windows

Nouveau provides it for reverse engineering not so that you can use it and fuck yourself.

nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/VideoAcceleration/

It's not the driver who needs to adapt to the game or sotfware.
It's the games/software who needs to use the said drivers correctly.

The gaymen industries would be less retarded if they would use drivers that they can actually understand, instead of signing NDAs just to have the right to read manuals non-free/libre drivers.

Then what else is the issue, you smartass?

(checked)
So I am shit out of luck with older games then? I hardly doubt they will have a engine improvement especially when they are closed source.

Blobs are still a lot better than full proprietary. There's a reason they get accepted to the kernel. I'm running AMDGPU on my RX 460 and it's flawless: no screen tearing, no crashes, everything justwerks day one. Pretty soon it will even have full Vulkan support, either through the official driver or through Mesa. Noveau DOESN'T EVEN WORK ON PASCAL YET. I'm not even sure if it's usable on the 9xx cards. Hell, on my GTX 750 I still needed the proprietary drivers to kill the screen tearing, and KDE5 kept crashing no matter what I did.

Yes, Nvidia proprietary has better "gaming performance" as some autists love to point out, but who seriously gives a shit on Linux?

No, if there's one place to keep proprietary software out of, it's the kernel. At least with userland programs if something goes wrong you aren't looking at full system compromise or crash.

AMDGPU blobs aren't kernel level, but GPU level. They are uploaded to the GPU and left contained in there. Not exactly ethical, but hardly an issue.

If the license hasn't been changed to GPL yes you are fucked.
note the only game who's license was changed this years was serious sam the first encounter (see github to have the source code)

Nothing new but
openbsd.org/papers/opencon06-docs/index.html

Yeah I am aware of that but so far I have not seen a interesting FOSS project to it like there is Freedoom, kind of a shame tbh.

They are not all that gay, I expected reddit to be worst.

Well that's because the gaymen industry has become completely retarded, honestly I have completely stopped consuming videos games since I was fucked by ME3 (still buthurt).

The thing is that for free/libre video games, it's that nvidia and amd make it a complete hellhole to make games on their hardware since we don't have documentation and all efforts that are made are put on reverse engineering.

But I have seen some enormous shift on the nouveau/mesa/dri mailing list (honestly I got more than 1000 digest of mail and I can't keep up to the speed of these fuckers)
Something big is coming next year.

Their is hope for games user.

I hope so, FOSS games are the only options left which can bring back the glory of the 90s till to earlier 2000's, I am sick what those "AAA" Developers/Publishers are doing, it is always the same rehashed crap with less content, more DLC, some sort of tickets and more bullshit, locked/paid mods and the list goes on. For example ME series doesn't offer any sort of SDK despite it is based on Unreal Engine and Unreal 1 came with a patch a level editor which could do a few things more.

Theo isd talking about something completely different.
These blobs are uploaded to the card, he's talking about drivers that are completely blobbed.

And ?
It's still a problem user.
Non-free/libre bytes will always be.
Whether it's in the kernel/userland.
Whether it uploads data to the card or elsewhere

The blobs are there to initialize the card. Many cards using initialization blobs have been EOL'd yet still maintained far past EOL.
The only free software counter to this is that it should be part of the IC itself, or make it ROM so it's effectively part of the hardware. Not anything about maintenance, which they don't have to worry about.

Funny because I don't think that's correct (please show code/proof of what you posted please)

Because when you try the linux libre kernel witch deblobs the linux kernel thus removing the amd blob you still have (in versions before kernel 4)
-screen resolution
-2d acceleration
and more
in the new linux libre kernels you don't even have screen resolution detection.

There is no single "AMD blob". There's a blob for each family of cards. There's more than 40 familiies. Some only require initialization for 3d accelerated GLX. Some require initialization for modesetting.

Yes, it fucking is.
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Radeon#Built-in_kernel

gaming is never going to be good again. I have no trust in indie devs either. Valve is pushing microtransactions like mad, it's already happening but soon all the full priced games will have free2play like cosmetics.

Also you lose more and more rights because the community has a cuckold fetish. TI has started (i think with rising storm) to give themselves the right to take away your games if you are toxic online. Valve is banning people for being toxic and you get less privacy.

Fuck, the new Deus Ex already gives people the option to purchase in game money and upgrades that actually affect the gameplay. How long until we see a game where microtransactions are necessary to continue past a certain point where portions of players will get stuck or avoid going on a ridiculously boring grindfest?

I guarantee you there is no hope in Nouveau as of today.

Phantom Pain had this

Jesus, didn't think it was already that bad. I really don't keep up with what goes on with new video games as the newest games from major companies I play are from 2011. I've looked at upgrading my computer for new video games recently but every game I think could be good ends up being shit.

Phantom Pain is good and you can beat it without a grind, but there are tons of items and base building locked behind timers that are hours, or even days long.

good to know
Thanks for confirming the blobs I'll continue to stay away from that shit.

Wasnt shadowplay meant to be good because of it's supposed to be so lightweight?

Yeah, overwatch was one of the games I was thinking of. For some reason it also gets a lot of love from Holla Forums. But then again Holla Forums is retarded.

I honestly don't get why people just don't do this if they are locked to nvidia. I sure plan to move away from nvidia if I ever need to buy a new GPU now that they are forcing telemetry. Not that I'll ever need a stronger GPU because newer games are garbage but you never know

I don't plan on buying a more powerful GPU any time either. However, a slim mini ITX build with an AMD APU capable of running the older games I play well could be fun.