How do you get free tv with this?

How do you get free tv with this?

enjoy the news, because that's about all youre going to get.

I don't care just tell me how

sorry friend, I don't know what that would be plugged into assuming you already plugged it into the tv.

Fuck off bonehead

I just took two quick pictures on my phone give me a break

Depending on where you live,analog antenna no longer work
/wiki/Broadcasting
/wiki/Analog_television
/wiki/Digital_television

Alright tomorrow I'll head to best buy to get digital antenna

antennas still work, don't believe the bullshit. There is literally no difference between a "digital" and an "analog" antenna.

www.tvfool.com
www.antennaweb.org

For superior reception purchase a larger antenna and put it in your attic.
Avoid those overpriced EBAY chinese antennas, they're total shit.

Stick to major american manufacturers
ANTENNACRAFT
WINEGARD
CHANNELMASTER
ANTENNASDIRECT

avoid off brands like lava, supersonic and other chinese shit antennas.

fukken saved

You can also get free TV (mostly international) with an FTA satellite system. Total investment about $200 ($100 set top box, $75 Ku dish, $25 LNB).

www.lyngsat.com

No you can't get HBO or CNN, but you get a bunch of foreign language stuff and lots of PBS channels, plus a smattering of educational and newsfeeds.

You can get more with a 6' dish over C-band, costs more and not all neighborhoods allow them. FCC says nobody can stop you from getting a 1 meter dish though (36"-39").

You are right but that antenna he posted wont work without an analog tuner

With an older tv all that is needed is an ATSC digital tuner box, about $20-30. These days though, flatscreens are so cheap its often better to just go to a pawn shop and buy one, they have integral ATSC tuners.

Plugged it into my HDTV and it works crystal

Simple as fuck. You only need this

Boi cable is scammy as Fuck basic 40 channels is 25$ for the first 2 months 35$ for the rest on a 2 year contract where I live

all you need is CNN. BET, CartoonNetwork, SyFy

Cable and satellite TV actually charge you for local channels you can get for free, and to add insult to injury the rebroadcast them to you in standard definition, whereas if you get them with an antenna you get them in full 1080 resolution full HD in most cases.
Only idiots will pay $30 a month for something they get for free anyway. It would be like paying for radio stations.

If they just started doing those and local stations that would make me happy

jesus those are like the worst channels in existence.

CNN: jews
BET: niggers
CartoonNetwork: Aspies
SyFy: Autists

I wonder why they named it ATSC? Is it cause we Europoors always used to laugh with NTSC? Claiming PAL was superior ;-)

We used to say ntsc stood for never the same color. So now we'd have to say always the same color.

Nice to read about standards used in other parts of the world though, one of the reasons I still frequent imageboards.

what is cardsharing?

Does this even still happen? I've been reading about how receiver manufacturers are starting to use unique identifiers inside the unit instead of the card system. The local cable company already does this with their boxes, and just recently started encrypting basic cable.

that's why you use your own sat receiver with a wifi connection instead of the dish tv or whatever you want to gets tied down box.

i think its mainly a european thing.

sat and cable keys are floating about the net just look about

Holy shit retard
1.) Do you have a CRT TV or a modern HDTV?
2.) If you have a CRT, then you'll still need a converter box
3.) If you have an HDTV, then just go to the menu and press "scan for channels"

I had no idea you could get tv with an antennae anymore.

(((they))) don't want you to know that

plug the aerial end in your tv, open up the aerial levers as far as they can go stick the box up somewhere as high as it can go.

turn the tv on switch to setup, select input as antenna. go down to channel scan and select that wait for it to complete, exit menu.

Dolby Atmos AND 4k over-the-air? Sure. Too bad there's not much worth watching.

I wish everyone switched to Ota so that the market would have to adapt meaning lots more channels

Thats because you're one of those retards who thought the United States Digital Television Transition mandates meant you needed to buy cable from now on.

All it fucking means is the radio frequencies floating in space will no longer be purely NTSC. They will use the same exact antennas as NTSC and receive the same frequency range, but now they're all a digital MPEG stream. Modern Over-The-Air TV can carry 1080p digital broadcasts for free.

I lived with my parents and we had digital cable long before that.
Still it is good to know as a cost-saving measure.

Thats true!
But again, its no longer NTSC. This means older CRT TVs cannot receive the signals. You'd either need a modern HDTV with a built-n digital tuner or you need to buy one separate.
I don't know why retards are acting like this is a conspiracy that cable companies never wanted you to know, you can literally buy TV antennas from Walmart, or Target, or hell I've seen them at Walgreens

especially they dont want you to know you can get Israeli tv on amos 2/3 at 4 degrees west including coverage of they israeli knesset with a relatively small satellite dish on the east coast.

ka,ku and c are the three bands of satelltes.

c is generally for bigger dishes 90 cm+

ku and ka is generally for the smaller dishes but has no limit unlike c band which does not work with the smaller dishes (UNLESS YOU USE A CONICAL SCALER GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND).

satbeams.com for all the sats you can receive

lyngsat.com/kingofsat.net for channel line ups.

dishpointer.com for detailed instructions of how to point it at whatever satellite you choose.

everything else is sat forums and youtube.

Various keys for certain channels can be found at places such as satkeys.ru.

Op here thank you guys so much I have learnt a lot from this thread got that shit working