What If...?

Back when I was a kid, What If issues were a wonderful way to see what would happen if comic stories went totally off the rails. And few left the same impression on me as this issue, and I'll tell you why when we get to it.

I may get around to storytiming more issues, but anyone should feel welcome to post their favs as well.

How did everything end up some fucked up? Well, this tells you a bit about how things went, and how they happened differently on this world.

This is the special page I wanted to get to. Please soak it in fully. I can't describe how amazed I was by this as a young lad.

Here we get to meet the heroes that survived until now… and say goodbye to over half of them.

A friend of mine really didn't agree that Dr. Doom would get controlled by the demons here. He's probably right, but one could argue the powerscale they are talking could allow for it. Notice the stakes that are now put forward: they want to extend Limbo to ALL of the multiverse, and the Living Tribunal is coming to get involved. Normally What If stories are really self contained, but this universe GOT FUCKED, and this problem has the potential to spill into other ones, 616 included.

The heroes begin on their final gamble, but will it be in time?

The ultimate fate of Wolverine, and perhaps this world as well.

And thus ends this wild ride.

This issue has a misleading cover, but it's pretty good.

Just curious, but why are you getting your comics from an online reader that watermarks the pages?

Okay.

Can you all even imagine the concept of

What if Spiderman had NOT married Mary Jane?

Completely absurd right?

I still don't know how they handled this with the One More Day shit. But here Pete calls it off at the altar.

When things are looking bad, hit up your crazy ex.
THAT'S ALWAYS A GOOD IDEA.

The criminal making fun of Spidey's relationship, and then Pete BEGGING GOD to let it work out… this shit is pretty real.

At least Black Cat kinda puts the superhero side of his life on easy mode.

Oh, and if your lover every calls out the name of an ex in their sleep, that's a bad sign.

What's even better than being proposed to? Being a petty bitch and rubbing the ring in another woman's face, that's what!