Movie Firearms Thread

Remember when the people making movies were inventive in designing weapons? Whatever happened to that? Also post some iconic movie firearms.

Other urls found in this thread:

imfdb.org/wiki/Main_Page
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How could I not remember? It wasn't that long ago.

remember this one

The only kino Lars ever did.

:^)

Hey guys whats going on here?

Double kino gun.

my sides every time. I still can't believe not a SINGLE person involved in making this movie called out this bullshit.

It's set in an alternate universe where striker fired handguns don't exist you stupid pleb. God it's like I have to baby you retards.

They're liberals. They don't know shit about guns

You can clearly see the thing doesn't have a fucking hammer on it

One of my favorites.

From the Total Recall remake.
I don't know what the thing under the barrel is for, but it looks cool.

That's a Chiappa Rhino, it looks like they scrapped the rail and put a solid piece in for "style".

Y'all mofuckas don't even kill bugs!

I've seen a lot of Chiappas lately in anything sci-fi.

Fucking love that one.

it's a good looking gun

Moe?

If we're talking about guns might as well post this.
imfdb.org/wiki/Main_Page

bladerunnerdeckardpistol.jpg

Probably this baby right here.

Star Trek Enterprise had great guns. They were 'phasers' but were really just 50's style ray guns without the small parabolic dishes on the barrel.

All the guns ITT suck ass.

Still significantly weaker than .500 SW and a bit slower than .44 tbh. Deagle is still the most powerful.

That looks awesome. Though I bet the thing must kick like a mule though.

Calicos a shit.

It's not a calico though, it's based on a real life gun. They only used calico for the prop for it's high capacity mag and slim shape.

I always liked the Lord Humungus' pistol with scope.

It's the same gun as the one Dirty Harry carried, only with scope. I think it's a really cool addition.

What was his backstory Holla Forums? What lead him to wear the mask? Should we ask /bane/ to explain this?

Those are from WW1. Probably his gramps.

Old Robo gun

I always had a thing for Korben's gun in Fifth Element.

When I was a kid I remember there was a gun in the familly member's house. It-It was above the stove, kept near a box of pot, and I know this because like every kid I snooped. I used to hold it and would sometimes put my finger on the trigger thinking about how much pressure it would take to pull it. I have no idea to this day if it was ever loaded, I've never thought to ask. I don't like "guns" in my middle age, I've never have. I-I think they're fun in video games and in fantasy settings but a few times I've gone to a firing range I've felt a deep sense of unease. This is a machine I'm holding that's been precision crafted to do damage to other physical objects. I-I don't have a problem with target shooting or hunting and of course the human condition makes things like war inevitable, but in terms of my day-to-day life as someone who lives in Cincinnati Ohio a-a gun in a home makes me feel less safe, not more. I also know that in some circles that's considered a "radical" stance.
I-I've never realized how little I understood how guns work when it comes to the actual physical componants until I played this VR demo. I-I spent more time than I would've thought was possible to try to figure out how to get the assault rifle to fire. I get that the words "assault rifle" are political, it's a-a long gun, it's a rifle, it's er whatever. I don't know how it works. I've fumbled with it. I didn't know where the pieces went. I still don't know what the fiddly bit on the sight did. When you get rid of the magazine or the clip or whatever it's called - I'm sure people will correct me in the comments - it can still fire once! You have that bullet, it-it scared the living shit out of me when this happened in the game. The audio was up a little bit, too loud for me to be comfortable so as I'm sitting here, trying to connect things and pulling and pushing on things, pumping the trigger trying to find the magical array of things that it would make it fire and actually went off, it FELT like the gun fired, even with just the small amount of aptic feedback. It was loud enough to my ears ring and i've found it scary. A-a gun model this quote-unquote realisticaly, isn't fun. I'm not enjoying this. The game's called Hot Dogs, Horseshoes and Hand Grenades and is in early access on Steam, it's build as a sort of VR sandbox and it's successful at that. It's interesting to get a chance to quote-unquote play with these things, but er from my point of view I'm not sure if this is a place I want to spend a lot of time.