Can someone give me an outline of Zizek's ideas and theories? Especially in regards to ideology?

Can someone give me an outline of Zizek's ideas and theories? Especially in regards to ideology?

Other urls found in this thread:

putlocker.is/watch-the-perverts-guide-to-ideology-online-free-putlocker.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideology_and_Ideological_State_Apparatuses
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No. Go watch the pervert's guide.

Ideology is convincing yourself X is true, even if it isn't, and not being able to see the real reasons why X exists, it's meaning and so on. AKA They Live

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think he leans towards leninism.

He seems to really like old school Marxism and psychoanalysis, especially theories about fetishes, but that's all I know

In the mid-1930s, a debate is raging in the Politburo of the Bolshevik : will there be money in communism or not? The Leftist Trotskytes claim there will be no money since money is only needed in societies with private ownership, while the Rightist partisans of Bukharin claim that of course there will be money in communism since every complex society needs money to regulate the exchange or products. When, finally, Comrade Stalin intervenes, he rejects both the Leftist and the Rightist deviations, claiming that the truth is a higher dialectical synthesis of the opposites. When other Politburo members ask him how this synthesis will look, Stalin calmly answers: “There will be money and there will not be money. Some will have money and others will not have it.

Watch Zizek.

putlocker.is/watch-the-perverts-guide-to-ideology-online-free-putlocker.html

What do you think Zizek's fetishes are?

fisting

Marxist-Leninism with pseudo scientific psychoanalytical bullshit thrown in.

What parts are pseudo science?

You cannot prove anything in psychoanalysis, their is no standard methodology of practice like in an actual science, it has the scientific backbone of a wet noodle, you can prove anything about psychoanalysis empirically.

Actually, fun fact, the word pseudoscientific was originally created to describe Freudian psychoanalysis by actual scientists.

Cocaine

I had a teacher who was exactly like zizek

Although I thought he himself wasn't a very objective person and made it difficult to understand the subject matter, I wonder if I missed out on not getting to know him.better

I had a teacher who was exactly like zizek

Although I thought he himself wasn't a very objective person and made it difficult to understand the subject matter, I wonder if I missed out on not getting to know him.better

user makes a good point. Zizek is entertaining and good at explaining leftist ideas but he also believes in a lot of bullshit. Keep your critical thinking cap on when digesting his stuff.

Psychoanalysis doesn't claim to be a science and it doesn't have to to be considered a legitimate source of knowledge. This has been debunked in this thread:

Through critical thinking you can arrive to the same conclusion I just mentioned.

Sorry, meant to point to this thread:

Hello Popper, here to "disprove" Marxism again?

Hell, if you actually read him you'd also know that he claims all psychology is unfalsifiable.

Read Althusser, he's riffing on his theory of ideology.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideology_and_Ideological_State_Apparatuses

Depends on who you talk to. When i was a psychology student, i was able to meet psychiatrists that most defiantly thought of psychoanalysis as a legitimate science, on par with psychology.

The problem is, it is presented as a science and is used to justify certain things, at least within the realm of psychiatry, that are very frightening.

this also lead to the question that if psychoanalysis cannot be considered a legitimate form a science, and this is admitted by someone who want to use psychoanalysis to explain something, that expatiation is built upon an inherently false bedrock of assumptions, so why should we take anything that is used to explain things through a psychoanalytical way with any merit whatsoever?

the fuck are you talking about?
Well, no, its not. Their plenty of things in psychology that can be tested, proven or dis-proven. That's why you can actually consider it a science.