NY City

This was NY City 25 years ago. It's a degenerate shitfest.

It's considerably better now. Not perfect, but holly fuck it's better. How was this change effected and what can be done to improve other cities?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernhard_Goetz
archive.is/YDMr4
imdb.com/title/tt0314014/
nytimes.com/projects/census/2010/explorer.html
historylearningsite.co.uk/nazi-germany/blood-and-soil/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_and_Soil
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Giuliani.

Getting that nigger dinkins out made it happen

TEXAS DID 911

heh

Giuliani's "broken window theory" helped a lot. It states that crime represents a downward spiral and that, by cracking down on minor crimes like vandalism and graffiti, on prevents more serious criminals from feeling at home.

This is false, of course. The actual reason that the crackdown on minor offences, including building code violations, worked is that it disproportionately targeted niggers. Not only are niggers prone to constant, low-level crime, they also neglect their own dwellings and do not care about sanitation, pests, lead paint, etc. By targeting the typical, slovenly, antisocial behavior of niggers, he essentially ethnically cleansed the city.

Why are cars made in the 80s the ugliest pieces of shit ever?

Rudy put a ton of niggers in jail. It is going to get bad again because these same law abiding dindus are either out or on their way out very soon.

good car aesthetics died in the 70's

this looks really fucking tame OP

what sheltered suburb do you live in to think this vid shows a scary place?

The theories not entirely false, if it was it doesn't explain why even places where majority black people lived are also unquestionably better then they were before. Application of broken window theory is basically how things use to be before the 50s. Once they pussied out of doing it. It took about twenty five years for it to catch up with them. Seeing as things seem to move faster now a days, New York is probably not gonna be a very nice place again to live by 2020 or 2025.

But yeah the reason New York is better then before is because they basically locked up everyone who as much as looked at a cop suspiciously. The second they stop doing this (which they have) is the second the city starts a slow decline back to 70s and 80s levels of shithole.

What you thought it was just a coincidence that all those movies from the 70s and 80s like Death Wish and The Warriors were set in New York?

The 80s, post gas crisis, was when American cars started adopting Japanese designs. People were less concerned about pretty and more concerned with fuel economy.

pic related: My first car

There were still good designs in the 80s. They were just few and far between. There are lots of cars that have an unquestionably 80s design but still look cool as shit even today.

All right, I'll concede that there might be something to it, but it can't be much. Who the hell sees graffiti on the side of a building and goes off to rob a store, since it's a crime-friendly neighborhood in his mind?

The higher standard of living can easily be explained by just positing that they locked up the shittiest of niggers, leaving those behind who could more or less function in a society.

Lad…

It's the same concept of when some spics or nigs rent a house in a white neighborhood and lets the house look like shit. People leave, and more undesirables move in to another house nearby. The process repeats itself and the entire neighborhood becomes a dump.

We're not really disagreeing. Giuliani ethnically cleansed the city.

While I agree that the luxury line of cars in the 80s continue the aesthetic heritage from the 60s and 70s, general car design did get less aesthetic and became the shit we had in the 90s.

It's also if you arrest the graffiti vandal when he's doing his graffiti, he won't be able to feel empowered and decide to rob a store the next day.

didn't NYC have some "controversial policy" called "stop and frisk" that they instituted in the last 5-10yrs where it was basically like "hey if you look suspicious we're going to give you a 'courtesy roll' and fuck with you to make sure everything's on the up and up" and the outcry was that like 90-95% of ppl who got stopped and frisked were black?

in my experiences i've seen essentially the same policy come into play in the suburbs, where if cops see some "funky looking" black dude walking down the street of their suburb and they think "hey that's something you don't see often around here" that they might roll up on you and be like "so whats going on with you?" because they'll don a little bit of "Casual" (tho some "shitlords" might say "common sense") racism to think "hey we don't have black ppl out here really so are they out here selling drugs, looking to rob someone, or up to no good? what business do they have here?

IIRC, stop and frisk was discontinued cuz of the basically-racial-profiling element of it (gotta call a spade a spade on this one, even if it technically works) and a CTRL+F in this thread didn't bring up anything….. but yeha from what i remember NYC and even manhattan was a god-forsaken shithole in the 70s/80s and USA/world-renown as a dirty** nasty place where there's lots of petty/crimes going on and even if you went to visit and stuck to nice/r manhattan neighborhoods you weren't exempt from getting got….. so that's where giuliani and bloomberg and the next mayor/s decided to "crack down on crime" and do all they could do to make NYC a "safer" tourist destination…. so the general thought was "yeah these are pretty much racist/asshole policies/methods, but they DO technically work" so people tended to be a bit more split on it than you'd assume.

New York's still a Jewish shithole tbh.

CAFE standards and the computer power that was used to produce aerodynamic cars was not so great.

looks fine to me. what's the problem again?

oh whoops, and ** = by saying a "dirty" place i mean that NYC predates the wonderful concept of alleys in a proper city, therefore you gotta put all of your trash out in front of your buildings for them to get picked up (whereas in, say, chicago there's alleyways all over the place as they were part of the redesign/rebuild after the great chicago fire, so you keep all the trash back there in alleys) and i remember being in lower manhattan once and taking a fantastic picture of the empire state building rising out of a pile of trashbags (as i had dropped to a knee behind said trash and snapped a picture of the ESB from that perspective)

for what it's worth, my all-time #1 picture in NYC = one i was too chickenshit to take. circa 07/08 i remember wandering over by wall street / NYSE / etc, and as i was down the street from "Freedom Hall" (aka the original capital of the united states, where washington was first sworn in as president #1) i remember seeing armed SWAT/type troopers there with some kind of heavy sniper/assault rifles with giant targeting scopes on top of them. i stood there and watched as they kept an eye on the sights at all time looking all around at people walking by the NYSE constantly/nonstop….. so i should have taken this picture i had lined up where you could see the statue of george washington @ freedom hall in the distance, but then right in front of the statue and off to the left you could see one of those SWAT troopers standing there with his heavy sniper/assault/whatever rifle looking through the sights to keep a perpetual eye on people walking by/around the NYSE. that dichotomy/juxtaposition of washington's statue aka freedom and the swat trooper aka "protecting freedom" in the same shot = profound shit to a half-stoned me.

of course i was too chickenshit to take said pic…. c'est la vie, no?

Honestly doesn't look much different from today. A shitload less people back then tho.

I hate the fact that he's a typical israel-cuckservative, but i'll admit, NYC was a shit heap from the 70 up until he took power after Dinkins. Crime fell 500% during his tenure as mayor.

a wonderful phenomenon. they love anime

they're also much nicer to be around than reg niggas and tend to be intelligent (100+ IQ)

Posting from NYC right now. It's my favorite city in the world.

Crime is down in NYC from 20 years ago, but it's mostly just been relocated to Jersey City, Cambden, and elsewhere. Guiliani simply relocated the criminals and super-poor troublemakers. This isn't a solution. It does nothing for the root causes of crime. There are no lessons here for other cities.

New York is starting to get too pricey. Areas that were once very cool (like Williamsburg and the East Village) are now cool but very expensive, and this keeps out a lot of students and artists who contribute to the vibrancy of the city. And many creative people are forced to live much further out in places like Bushwick or Ridgewood. It's a real shame for the city. Hopefully there will be a real estate slum sometime and places like Chinatown, Alphabet City, or the Meat-Packing district will become somewhat affordable again.

That said, NYC is still the best city in the world for:
- live music in all genres (especially jazz, classical, and indy rock), art
- art (museums of old stuff and contemporary art)
- restaurants (the quality and diversity is insane)
- modern architecture (there's so much glorious stuff to enjoy)
- web startups (most of the super-popular websites like buzzfeed or upworthy have their headquarters here)
- sex (if you're a decent looking guy here, the over-representation of 20-something women is massively advantageous. Tinder is like a candy store).

Gas the Niggers Giuliani.

Trump should just make the man your equivalent of Home Secretary/responsibility for crime and crack down fucking hard on the blacks and they'll talk about the 'Trump fall' in crime rates.

are black people aware of how they are viewed in japan? (gorilla/monkey face, openly mocked and called chocomen)

GET THESE NIGGER TWITTER TIER IMAGE MACROS OUT. YOU ARE NEITHER WELCOME, NEEDED, NOR WANTED.

more like if people are looking out for and reporting petty crimes like graffiti, they sure as hell will report burglary and robbery so ill go elsewhere to steal

Stay confined to your city.

its honestly not that bad howaito piggu

blacks really only have a vendetta against whites. if you get to know them they're actually quite racist themselves

Who the fuck let this Whimsyburg hipster cuckold in here? Which one of you left the door open?

Quite happily. I'm truly enjoying myself enormously here. Went to Zabar's and Central Park yesterday on a rented bike. Visited the Met the day before. Now back to the East Village to fuck my rich girlfriend (her daddy is a billionaire – not even joking). There's a very good reason that many of the world's richest people choose to live here. It's a city that offers the best of everything. And necessarily it's a diverse city. Everyday I get to see people doing shit that's not cool by my values, but you just brush it off and everything is fine. I enjoy the jealousy of people not in NYC, since it's patently the most desirable city to live in in North America. It's so easy to make a case for its attractions.

Eurofag here and I've always imagined NYC as this worn-down, nigger-infested, AIDS degeneracy fest where a few filthy rich kike juppies rule like gods while the rest live in their filth. Like it's portrayed in Crocodile Dundee, Home Alone etc and other 80s movies. Wasn't even Gotham in Batman based off New York?

Then I found out it's pretty decent. Sure it's filled with kikes and "higher end degeneracy" such as nightclubs, faggots and liberals but it's not this dirty, drugged nigger shithole I had imagined it as.

As someone born in the 90s it is almost inconceivable for me to imagine the level of violence in NYC in the 80s and early 90s.

I mean, they had over 2,000 murders per year. Over two thousand! Might've even been as high as 2500 some years. Now it's down to about 300 murders a year, which is the same level as the St. Louis metro area which is a fraction of the size of New York.

That New York was able to become so much less violent is a miracle that should be studied and replicated in cities worldwide.

I'm not from NYC, I'm from a midwestern city with enough niggers to put us on the map when it comes to murders, but the sheer amount of violence in late 20th century NYC truly boggles my mind. I don't know how people living there at the time tolerated it.

It's simple. NYC was really poor then. It didn't have a lot of tourists and places like the East Village or anywhere north of 110th were cheap, run-down shitholes. Since then a lot of business areas have boomed and rents are high. Especially NYC has promoted tourism and film making very hard – they've been successful. The crime has simply been shuffled around to other locations by deliberates strategies of moving criminals out of areas in the five boroughs by harassing them a lot for petty things and also by housing becoming less readily available. The same crime is happening in other areas just outside of NYC, though overall in the US crime and murder have dropped a little over the past thirty years.

Putting it simply, NYC has become fantastically wealthy and wealthy people like pushing problems elsewhere.

It's like poetry, it rhymes.

Get the fuck out nigger.

Nigger, as a former resident of upstate NY, your kike city is pure cancer and is damning the state as a whole.

Become your own state or fuck off. STOP RUINING MY HOMELAND

this.

check out west philly in the 80s

It mostly was, and mostly still is blacks killing blacks. People are able to live with it because no one cares.

Upstate New York is dying because it's losing all its factories and otherwise only really has low-intensity agriculture. The state needs to push tourism and education really, really hard. These are its obvious assets.
Source: I lived in Ithaca for seven years.

Giuliani

Why yes, you'd just love it if the whole of the state became prohibitively expensive.

And other businesses because you jew york kikes push Albany to raise taxes on everything to astronomical levels. Remove jew york city, New York becomes a much better place.

Are you from freech?

Replace NYC with Boston and that sounds like Massachusetts. Sad.

It was poor, yes, but was tourism really that low? I mean, there's so much history in NYC. You have the Empire State Building and the Statue of Liberty. I know it was a shithole, but it's hard for me to believe that tourism wasn't a big deal there in the past. Not denying it, it's just I've always thought NYC was held in high regard even when it was shit.

What a fucking joke.

One man did this, pic related.

Anyone who claims otherwise will be blown the fuck out very very hard

And every family lived like people in california in the 80s too, huh? Well the movies sure indicated that. user, it's time you realize that movies don't reflect reality, they shape your view of reality.

Giuliani did a lot of aggressive stuff and probably the only mayor that wasn't in the mob's pocket, but it was Trump that kick-started investments into the dystopian looking 5th ave which eventually spread across the NYC area.

He literally purchased properties in the worst locations and forced out the local street gangs.

You shut your whore mouth

The movie was entirely modelled from NYC at that time. When I was a kid we had a good number of copycats that were influenced by the movie. NYPD wanted the film banned.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernhard_Goetz

New York Times archive

archive.is/YDMr4

I grew up and lived in Brooklyn during the 80's and 90's and some of the 2000's. Guiliani should be given a fucking medal for the job he did cleaning the place up after the niggers and kikes dropped our city into the sewer.

Guiliani is super fucking redpilled on niggers. Just recently, on national TV, he mentioned how fucking awful niggers are.

Things were pretty crazy back then. I wonder if they will ever get back to that state over in the USA (or will anytime soon).

most underrated redpilled politician.

Got some tales from NYC? What's the best area?

What do you think?

You deserve to be taken outside and shot.

You sound like the worst type of people

Posting from Flatbush, Brooklyn.

New York just has a bunch of shit. That's all it has going for it.

Brooklyn is a waste. The Bronx is a waste. Staten Island is a waste. Queens is a waste.

You mentioned Williamsburg—this is just kiddy corner to Manhatten, which leads me to my comment on Manhatten:

Manhatten is overcrowded, overpacked, hyperstuffed carnival.

I will take a Berlin or Munich over that shitheap in a heartbeat.

I want Soddom and Gomorrah to burn away to nothing

Interesting documentary.

Kangs?

If you were a white purveyor of meth, where would you build your lab?

In a part of town that's poor but clean, well cared for, and with people out and about at all hours of the day?

Or would you build it in a ghetto slum where every surface is tagged, empty lots are overgrown, and garbage is omnipresent?

Similarly, when people don't feel safe on the streets, they stay indoors. Less bystanders means criminals are more apt to act.

Now Central Park has mines. Watch your step elite liberals.

owh it is bad dindu, if you go to any non-nigger nations you will be hated.

The pasta I read before said something about shitting so much cash.

niggers can't into fake video editing.

Bet that DiBlasio is too by now. He married one.

Must suck, realizing that you threw away your entire lineage just to virtue signal.

My life is more than halfway over.

Since DiBlasio is ruining all of the work Guliani did I assume no. He looks at his wives sons and loves them.

At least 25 years a go NYC wasn't just a Disney parody of itself and normal people could afford to live there.

A video in an occasional series.
80 Blocks From Tiffany's by Director Gary Weis and Writer John Bradshaw from the movie of the same name for the production company Above Average Productions Inc. from 1979.

Movie IMDB: imdb.com/title/tt0314014/

The rejuvenation of NYC should serve as an example of how fast things can change for the better once the political will and popular consensus to do so exists.

I think this applies to white communities too. Gut HUD diversity punishments and allow whites to self-congregate and regulate who can enter their communities and the problems we complain about will solve themselves within 10 years.

And Bronx and Brooklyn are still literal shitholes

This

what is this shit? honeypot?

Lee Iacocca.

It was an awkward time for automotive manufacturing. North America didn't want to let go of the aesthetic of the 70s, new vehicle regulations required car manufacturers to make cars more aerodynamic to reduce drag and improve vehicle fuel economy, American car makers still favored full-sized sadans with large v-8 engines over smaller sub-compacts, and above all, we were facing new competition in the auto market with Japan.

The result is a bunch of ugly shitboxes

It was even worse still prior to 25 years ago, New York city was a massive trashy ghetto full of poor immigrant workers for most of its history, todays generation of kids will only remember New York as the clean metropolis it is today, but it was not always the case.

I think what turned New York around was its exceptionalism, a sort of "micronationalism" if you will. People realized New York had a rich and significant history and began caring for it as a city. Giuliani fucking loved his city, thats why he was aggressive at fixing it up. New Yorkers see each other as neighbors.

Holla Forums may disagree with me here, but I think New York is the perfect example of a place where civic-nationalism is perfectly executed, its a very multicultural place, however, every racial group stick to their own neighborhoods, and then meet in financial districts where they are allowed to collaborate for financial gain

Wall Street.

Wall Street acts as a giant wealth siphon, stealing wealth from the rest of the country and bringing it into NYC. It's no coincidence that New York started to recover after the financialization boom in the 1980s.

If it werent for this, NYC would be Detroit-tier by now.

nigger fuck you

Civic nationalism doesn't exist. It's a disgusting bastardisation of the concept of nationhood. Cheap pride in a massive conglomeration of concrete pillars in one of the international capitals of financial and corporate Jewry is not an example of any nationalism done right. It's an example of the soulless racially and spiritually destructive cosmopolitanism we're heading towards on a global scale.

Lurk more.

You're a disgrace.

confirmed for not being a New Yorker.

It's about to get that shitty again because of BLM insisting enforcing laws against pissing in public, being drunk on the street and vandalizing things are oppressive. And the cycle of decay and renewal begins again.

Robocop 2

It's not quite civic-nationalism–it's city-statism.
Another historical form of government where your loyalty is to your city on hill.

Is this actually a thing? Do people actually desire to live in cities? Farmboy, here. I've traveled around the US and Europe, had my fill of cities from Miami to Paris to Milano. My takeaway was that people congregated to cities for work prospects. I would never live in a city for the hell of it. Why would I? They're gray, concrete, crowded, largely non-white, crime-ridden, filthy, and always seem to be allergic to personal freedoms. Hitler called it "pavement culture" and attributed it to Jewish influence. I like to visit new places but give me the countryside and a place to hunt and fish any time.

Two phrases:
Broken Windows Policing
Stop and Frisk

More about this?

NIGGER YOU DONT EVEN KNOW

nytimes.com/projects/census/2010/explorer.html

Speak for yourself american, german cars looked pretty decent in the 80, were more efficient and better built. Since then hasn't changed much. Your beloved car industry is going down. Chinese don't buy Ford, they buy BMW, Mercedes Benz, Audi, Volkswagen. The US car industry will fall like the UK car industry.

no, it's an irl iron march group

NYC is still a degenerate shitfest - go to Times Square, or the port authority bus terminal if you don't believe me

whatever good giuliani did has been undone by white flight, shitskin mass immigration and jewish/leftist policies like ending stop and frisk

kill yourself

NO.

This literally sounds like the tourist fantasy a 16 year old living in Kansas would have.

jew/bluepilled degenerate detected

even for eastern US cities, pittsburgh PA and knoxville TN just off the top of my head completely blow it out the water
(it helps they're actually white and safe)

modern german cars are stuffed with excessive electronics that crap out after a few years.

the old 80s german cars will run with no problems but the new ones are constantly needing service

this is why you're on 8chon instead of a Magnum photographer

Sure thing. Blut und boden.

historylearningsite.co.uk/nazi-germany/blood-and-soil/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_and_Soil

Visited it in 2010. Found it to be filled with strange people you wouldn't want to deal with. Streets filled with garbage and shitty broken down cars and stinking streets.

Also visited Bronx, which seemed infested with those negroids.

Amazing how all the things I think about over the years on my own, have some kind of backup in the Nazi ideology.

Manhattan here, it is.

Posting some caps on NYC and why its the crazy-ass dystopian moshpit of loonieness.

Posting with relevant stuff

time for some truth about nyc from a real new yorker. the mta sucks and gets worse every year. trains are so packed your stuffed in like sardines in a can. owning a car is no better because there's traffic everywhere and no parking anywhere and thirsty cops looking to ticket you for anything. Plus,everything is overpriced here. if you don't have a rich family, good luck paying rent. apartments are tiny. the city is way too overcrowded, you can barely walk on the sidewalks. tourists are slow and stop every second to look at buildings, pose for selfies, and take pics of buildings, which gets in your way when you got places to be.
there's not alot of interesting people here just illegals, hipsters, and the snobs. yeah there was crime then but the city was way cooler and had a way better nightlife then the pubs, bistros, and bottle-service only clubs that are there now. Guilliani cleaned up the city from crime but also its character, then bloomberg came to put the final nails in the coffin.

hmm

Fuck no

I lived in New York in the late 90's. There was shit to do. Good places to see music. Interesting people to hang out with. You could feel things happening. There was a buzz.

Now, it's a glorified shopping mall. The closing of Coney Island High was the death of the culture in NYC.

Return to 70s New York hell hole of taxi driver, Desth wish and The Warriors when?

Fucking niggers

Make New York a Fun Dystopia Again

That was the real New York, not this Disneyland shit you have these days. And it's because of abortion, Giuliani and HIV which solidified the American matriarchy.

Most "NYC is better" talk tends to be cherrypicking towards specific Manhattan neighborhoods and a failure to see the bigger picture. Times Square is a huge shithole right now and the 24/7 construction doesn't help, and almost all of Brooklyn is nigged up, even the "white" areas. Niggers are everywhere, it's a disgusting city because of them. The subways are shittier, and sometimes there's so much trash piled up on some lines that they have to delay the whole train; take a ride on the L or Q daily and you're bound to be riding with some alcoholic homeless nigger 3 days out of the week. The whole "New Yorkers" are family thing is a myth for the most part too, most people here are rude in public and couldn't give a shit about you, but go on down to Georgia, or even a bit north to Westchester, and it isn't like that. Can't forget the city being the liberal capital of the country either with the constant LGBT pushing; take your image of a degenerate city and amplify it by ten, that's basically NYC. At least El Rato was right about one thing - NYC is a shithole, always was a shithole, and always will be a shithole until the day we're glassed off the state. Trump's the only good thing to come out of this place, the rest of New York itself would be better off without the huge nigger demographic here affecting state politics.

Meh.
It was way worse in the 70's and early 80's.
Times Square was nothing but trashheaps, hookers, faggots, drug pushers, porno theaters and peep shows.
People can rag on the Disneyfied plastic bullshit it's become today, but it's about 100 times nicer and more livable than it was back then.

What's up with Central Park? How come it was not built on it?

Posting from NYC right now to ask you to please go back home.

It's decaying again, noticeably, under de Blasio, so it looks like you'll get your wish for degenerates to reclaim all the progress.

Stop and frisk worked, and to abandon it was simply to give in to magical thinking at the expense of the city.

bump for interest

NYC is already backsliding back to 3rd world status. All of Giulani's policy's that locked up niggs for nigging are getting reversed.