Power Rangers Movie

Get it! The power was in them the whole time!
Yeah the suits still look off to me.

Other urls found in this thread:

powerrangers.com/seasons/
kamenriderguide.weebly.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Their fucking lips are really overly defined. While the rest of the suit looks like some ugly edgy cgi mess with terrible textures. How can you fuck up this hard?!

As someone who loves Power Rangers and still watches new episodes as soon as hey come out, this really fuckig irks me.

They could of done so many things better, but these suits are the worst offenders. I dont know why every fucking thing has to be devoid of fun, though as least they actually out colour into a 2010's action film.

Can't believe Saban greenlit this shit.

Oh gosh, don't tell me Power Rangers is moving to cartoon network.

In Brazil maybe

I still can't get over those hideous suits… The only positive I see coming from this movie is the whole Rita is the green ranger theory, which even then has so much potential to disappoint…

Meanwhile Sentai's having one of it's best seasons in a while.

No, they're moving to Netflix. Those posters are in spanish anyway.

How should I get into Sentai? I'm the user that loves PR, so should I watch the seasons that were adapted or watch the seasons theyve been skipping? Got a list of seasons to skip?

That's Portuguese

Ehhhhh.
Personally I think you should start with Kamen Rider W. I know its not sentai, but the writing is a lot tighter than most Sentai.

If you are deadset on just sentai then Jetman, or Go-busters are really damn good. I more of a Kamen Rider fanboy myself so I haven't seen that many sentai.

It doesn't matter since most PR seasons aren't faithful adaptations. Only Time Force and Samurai aped the stories though Timeranger has different character arcs specifically for the yellow ranger.

Samurai was an atrocious adaptation though since they removed all cultural references and any of the heavier plot points to make it more okay to show kids.

I started with Gokaiger, which isn't exactly advised by a lot considering it's an anniversary season that spoils some of the older seasons, but to be honest I didn't mind and instead used it to find out which other teams would interest me after I finished. If you liked In Space you might actually might get a kick out of certain aspects of this season. Besides some seasons like Toqger and Samurai are better knowing their 'twists' beforehand

PR is practically a live action cartoon. Plus there is the current comic going on.

WHO GREEN LIT THOSE SUITS?!

How hard is it to get a bunch of boys and point to which suit they find the coolest? Those suits have no appeal.

Lost Galaxy, Time Force, Light Speed Rescue and Wild Force were the best written in my opinion.

Lost Galaxy's Magna Defender story arc could have a comic based off it alone.

You're fucking dumb, sir.

So saban is now allowed to skip seasons?

Which one had their base underwater? I remember that one being good, but it could just be nostalgia talking.

I didn't say it was a cartoon. Said it was like a cartoon. But yes once it has a comic then it is Holla Forums related.

>>>Holla Forums

There's never been a known contract aaying they cant skip seasons.

It only happened once Saban got it back off Disney, and I think he just wanted there to be more explored plots and save costs on making new sets and bringing over props. Perhaps the 2 seasons per team is just to make it more like MMPR, where the main cast were around for a few years.

Light Speed Rescue, and was it good? mmmmmm…… It had some good moments.

That's right. The original cast were three different ranger teams.

Try talking about Power Rangers on Holla Forums, I dare you.

Post results!

RPM was the shit. Even someone with low cheese tolerance can watch it.

Try talking about anything on Holla Forums, other than memes

So will there be as much 9/11 imaginary as the leaked concept art suggest?

How often does Gai fuck God?

Replace Wild Force for In Space and I'm in agreement. There.

The overall I think I'm preferring Sentai over PR there tends to be a more focus on the characters as characters as opposed to paragons of morality like MMPR. Having said that I haven't seen every Sentai season that's been adapted so far and so there may be a season out there that is better as PR.

So far they've skipped Go-Busters the one season where PR got shout outs and are skipping Toqger. Technically they didn't adapt Dairanger or Kakuranger.

Goddamn.. Gokaiger was fucking great, wasn't it?

Wait, people go to Holla Forums to do things other than shitpost?

The suits aren't as ugly as I thought they were the first time I saw this, but they're still bad designs. They're off.

They make better cameos than Decade, that's for sure

Jetman is pretty solid and was intended to be the first series of Power Rangers (then they noticed the villains were fucking gods who dripped minions from their fucking fingers). It has a generally dark tone

Zyuranger is what was initially adapted as PR. Overall lighthearted but Bandora (Rita) has a fuckton of legit emotional baggage

Boukenger is fucking awesome and probably my favorite. The heroes are less motivated by fighting evil and more about exploring ruins, finding treasures, and having an ADVENTURE
And there's fucktons of villain factions. Ancient civilizations trying to conquer the world, evil ninja clans, etc, etc.

Gokaiger is damn good fun but has its flaws. The 6th ranger doesn't feel like the intended 6th and the late series villain (who replaces the initial one) sucks all the fun out of the series.
That said, they have access to all the super sentai power sets and fight like goddamn pirates (shoot half the enemy mooks before the fight even begins, etc)

Liveman is tragic, full of horror (for the time. It's super cheesy now. it was the 80s after all), and has one of the best finales in all of Super Sentai. Colon best support

What's this mean? Gai's pretty great, and unlike Genta he actually some angsty scenes like the whole mini-arc after Basco breaks his arm.

Had a blast with Liveman a few years back, mostly because is one of the few sentai shows that had Latino dub
Carranger is fun too, it's THE comedic sentai, and it has one of my favourite main mecha designs ever, RV Robo is top tier

Changeman was very popular in HUEland

there's some evidence that Barizorg was the intended 6th but they decided on a more lighthearted tone than potentially undead cyborg

to his credit, Gai is the sort of guy who would know all the fuck about the various 6th ranger powers. merging all of them into one form was bullshit though

I don't really buy that tbh, it was far better to have Barizorg be to far gone and for Joe to finish him off.

Also with his knowledge of Sentai Gai was able to speed up the process of finding the grand powers.

No, stupid. The comic is Holla Forums related. The original source material of 'Thing that's not a comic or a cartoon' doesn't suddenly become Holla Forums related. That might fly on cuckchan, but that's not the way we do things here.

Should we start talking Street Fighter frame data since that has a comic too?

It would be decent if you guys would post it there and discuss

>>>/m/

This
/m/ needs more life

You guys know when the next episode of History of FVoltage Vengerz comes out?

How is this related to mechs? Only way it would be if we were talking about the zords. We don't even have official pics of those yet.

But we did, a couple times in the past.

Power Rangers is apart of the Saturday Morning gang, it carry's special status with the likes of Digimon. Thus its got a comic, many to be exact

*Plus

/m/ is mecha and tokusatsu

Can you try not just repeating what you hear other people say?

Why would you post something so stupid.

I would agree to a power ranger comic thread but the movies and the show would be better suited on /m/ to a lesser, Holla Forums. If it doesn't have a focus on animation or the comics, then there's no reason to make it the OP.

But hey, great threads are made when topics at hand are expanded upon and talked thoroughly. A new issue of Boom's Power Rangers came out blowing up the Command Center, and after we talk about the issue the movie is bound to pop up eventually.

Before "In Space" PR was essentially saved by the bell with super powers.

Alien had the shittiest costumes and pirates had the best. Any objections?

Why is it call Alien if they're dressed like ninjas?

March 23rd… this comes out on my birthday… my childhood is going to be raped on my birthday, that's pretty ironic right there.

Anyways, I've said this time and time again, the moment they tried to take the concept of five teenagers in multicolored power suits who pilot giant dinosaur robots and make it serious was the moment they fucked up the whole thing. This shit isn't meant to be taken seriously. Sure you can have some serious stuff in there, like perhaps the threat a dangerous villain poses, but you make sure to keep the tone and execution silly and light hearted.

Oh well, this movie isn't made for us anyways.

Jetman, though there's a pretty good list somebody made up that describes the pros and cons of each series to help target which one you'd like the most. Hopefully somebody has that and wouldn't mind posting it.

W, while okay, is pretty terrible for entering into Kamen Rider. That was when the series started feeling more like an Anime than a Toku and started relying heavily on horrible CG. I'd say Agito, Ryuki, and Kabuto are decent entry points, though Agito is made so much better if you go through Kuuga first.

I'd also argue that Fourze and Gaim are better entry points for the more cartoony Riders, though the first 12 or so episodes of Gaim can be a little miserable.

his whole thing was 'I'm sad and angry because I couldn't Magna Defend my own kid, Magna Defender Jr, so I'll just attack the rangers instead of helping them about two thirds of the times I meet them. I couldn't take him seriously after they showed me the kid wearing the same armor.
It was like seeing Drawn Together's Jew Producer and Jew Son.

It was the third season of mighty morphin and it's considered a mini series. Long story short, the original rangers were transformed into kids and aliens took their place until they got back to normal. They also used a lot of stock footage from the original sentai for the fights and zords.

Fun fact the titanium ranger from light speed rescue has no sentai counterpart so footage with him was all new.

Huh… I don't remember that at all.

Technically he's a counterpart of the non-ranger Zeek

Also because he had no counterpart they didn't use him nearly enough and made him feel kind of like wasted potential, it was almost like how Tommy was conveniently absent a lot due to the fact that his counterpart died.

Also why'd they give him that hideous mouth piece in Super Megaforce. It's worse than that silve line on the green ranger's helmet.

I'd disagree Gaim is pretty abnormal for a rider season and I wouldn't really recommend until someone's watched a couple of Heisei or Post-decade seasons.

Again, I was directing that towards the more cartoony Riders we have seen pop up since W. It has some things in common with Ryuki and didn't abandon the horror theme that Kamen Rider initially had but seems to be left out now of days… though I agree that certain aspects of the show didn't really feel like Kamen Rider at all.

Why? Why?……. why?

What compares to the most OG Kamen Rider to ever ride.

I was a child when I watched it. His problem was he didn't care that people got hurt on his quest for revenge, but he redeemed himself, and was an excellent ticket to bring the Red Ranger's brother back.

Ex-Aid looks like a cancerous version of Akiba Red.

Skull was really cool. I was surprised and a tad disappointed they didn't bring him back through some gimmick to play a bigger part in the show.

I think it officially beats Type Technique for the worst suit in the series. The suits are so bad I really don't think I could watch the series even if it managed to be good.

Oh, also, I guess there's a "hit counter" thing that happens when Ex-Aid punches his enemies.

so what do you guys think of kikaida

what do you guys think of kikaida?

sorry for the double post.

here's some kikaida music

Didn't they bring him back recently? I wonder how the movie was?

and some more kikaida music

They did have a new movie I don't know if its good since I haven't seen it.

Honestly, kinda liking the Aniplex-style goofiness.

Similar feeling with this.

here's some music from the new movie

Saban straight up just lost the original helmet, and didn't want to make a new one.

I recall back in cuckchan /m/ that Gobusters was skipped due to low ratings in Japan which was a shame since it's the serious power rangers Saban seems to be aiming for.

Would a train theme actually work in the west?

Zyuohgers though no doubt they can work with furries and minecraft animals.

The funny thing is trains are more western than ninjas are. And hell why wouldn't they try and do something like actually being sponsored by some train companies and doing a lots and lots of trains shit in the credits like toqger did.

The order of the costume themes in the west were dinosaurs, animals, shapes?, cars, space, animals again, emergency response department, time, animals again, ninjas, dinosaurs again, police, wizards, cars again?, animals for the 4th time, I think cars again, samurai, those bland ass uniforms that would lead to pirates in the next season, and dinosaurs again.

Aliens was a mini series so it doesn't count.

powerrangers.com/seasons/

It's almost as though they're more concerned with selling toys than telling a story

RPM was a confusing mix of animals in car forms.

The guy adapting the source aterial (He also worked on Gargoyles) almost had a mental breakdown trying to adapt RPM, because he promised Disney a gritty more mature PR season.

I'll never understand why they get rid of the buckler, it makes more sense if they put the morphor on the chest them instead of the belly button.

got*

Note to self, pre-read shit.

Oh please user that is what people want to see.

Not vid related.
They don't want to see rangers that look like they're having any kind of fun with their poses. They don't want brightly colored unique looking uniforms. They don't want anything that immediately conveys excitement and adventure. They want dark, gritty, and "realistic".

I think I died a bit typing that.

So they don't actually want to see Power Rangers, then.

They look like walking Nike products, like shit just slap some swooshes on them

Who is the green one on the right?

Out of all memes to come and go, this one is the worst. It's killing most franchises and just filling them up to the bring with edge shit.

I don't understand why people are bothered the heroes are in brightly colored spandex fighting villains that have minions that can level a city or two.

It's Amazon.

Those suits seriously look so fucking depressing

At least the actual older Sentai series are getting western releases; kind of a shame it's only starting from Zyuranger but hey, it means we now have Dairanger and shit. I think they're up to Ohranger now.

Hopefully it means too that the pre-Zyu stuff gets subbed so incomplete/dead series like Bioman or Changeman finally get completed.

What pre-Zyu series are complete? I'm really only aware of Jetman, Maskman, Liveman and Sun Vulcan. Bioman was going well (Yellow Four I was fucking god tier as, essentially, prototype Black Condor) until GUIS imploded or something.

By the way, everyone should watch Sun Vulcan.

I didn't have any appreciation for Sentai until I watched 2 seasons of AkibaRanger. After that I watched Dairanger at it remains my favorite series. Followed by Zyuuranger and Sun Vulcan

Is this going to be 2007 all over again?

but that IS exactly what people want to see, user

they want the nostalgic thrill of watching the thing they watched as kids without feeling they're watching a children's product

Akibaranger was the first full toku series I've watched, and to this day the only one. I'm watching Garo right now, though, so maybe one day I'll move on to Kamen Rider or regular sentai.

Season 3 will never happen.

It's a testament to his skill that he managed it.

Those suits look more like that Guyver live-action movie than anything else

According to Hollywood, you're wrong, the power rangers are wrong, the source sentai material is wrong, the decades worth of costumes are wrong. All of that shit is wrong.

Also a reminder that this fan made video for an R rated Power Rangers will do dark and gritty better than this soon to be crapfest.

I thought the guy who made this came out and said it was a parody of how Hollywood does dark gritty reboots?

If he did, who cares. That's just him saying he was only pretending to be retarded.

Still looks more like power rangers than what the fuck we're seeing now.

This is a power rangers thread

I am posting this

fuck yeah Forever Red.

kek

I pretty much stopped watching power rangers mid way through space because it was never in order for me to keep up but FUCK YEAH JASON

I stopped somewhere at mystic force then picked it back up at samurai. Don't really remember why. Which was the weakest series?

What was better RPM or SPD?

I go to Holla Forums regularly, the problem is not really the shitposters as much as nu/pol/. Is way worse than here a months weeks ago.

Fuck me.

>>>Holla Forums

Who's better Jason ir Tommy

Sadly any SABAN new series.
Disney actually made one hell of a job.
He tried to make them light and funny like the old ones but is a cheesefest worst than the original series who did had at least a serious streak every now and then.

>complain about #dicksoutforharambe on Holla Forums

Source?

I also use Holla Forums regularly, the problem is that the board is a huge mass of shit. Moderation is far too liberal, the BO won't do anything to improve the condition of the board, because of free speech concerns he claims. It's not like here where the moderation is just hands-off enough. Holla Forums is far too easy to shit up.

But people on Holla Forums like that the BO doesn't do anything. It's odd.

The really awful part is that Holla Forums has become CinemaSins with Holla Forums streaks.

Well, that's sort of understandable. It's their designated shitting board. They don't want anything to fuck that up. I've found that when it comes to actual discussion of TV and Movies, most Holla Forums posters don't know shit. I've made like ten threads there overall and maybe three of those actually blossomed into some discussion. They were usually the ones about Star Trek

If an actual mod came in and made sure they talked about TV and Movies, and not just dumb forced memes, it'd be a dead zone. Nobody would talk about anything

They said the same for our original /int/.

Who the fuck actually watches television?

I only watch it for the news but even then thats the local news. I watch all my shows online.

Well, they officially put the movie adaptation formula in stone:

Is starting from the first series in your pic and going chronically an okay idea I don't know why but i really don't like reading, watching or listening to stuff out of chronical order although i think my mental illnesses could be a reason why

Any Rider equivalent of this pic?

I like them both, i remember both character being good in theie own way

The order is irrelevent since each season is mostly self-contained with the exception of crossover episodes or anniversary seasons like Gokaiger, which even then only brings up a few plot points from past seasons. Also there's a couple of seasons that as of yet remain completely subbed.

I haven't found any. I imagine a similar picture with Rider wouldn't be nearly as appealing since it be a compilation of pictures of just one guy vs a mass of pictures of teams posing.

Can you at least tell me the name of the Rider series?

kamenriderguide.weebly.com/

This should help.

If you watch Kamen Rider, ignore every fag who posts Heishit, man up and watch Amazon and Stronger.

Thanks

Early Sentai was influenced by Marvel since at the time Toei and Marvel had a deal going on. This lead to the Spider-man toku show which pioneered the 'defeated monster grows giant beat it with a giant robot' formula that sentai would later pick up.

Battle Fever J started out as a Captain America show before becoming something new, but Miss America is still based on the comic.

And the villainess for Denziman was based off of Hela

Makes me wonder why they haven't come up with a crossover after all these years

They haven't collaborated on anything since the 70s so…

Though I'm pretty sure they paid homage to that relationship with Captain Marvelous.

I wonder how Japan reacted when Ant-Man got released.