King Kong Skull Island - POSTMODERN KINO

Post modern monster film kino. Twist on genre expectations and self reflective.

Other urls found in this thread:

nationalreview.com/article/445647/kong-skull-island-junky-blockbuster-contemporary-color-condescends-small-town-culture
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Wow you think a bunch of pop culture references makes something kino? Family Guy must be an auteur masterpiece to you

DUDE THE PREQUELS ARE GOOD LMAO!

>John C. Reilly's (C. stands for you know what) King Kang
Just stop it already with the actors one cannot take seriously at all

nationalreview.com/article/445647/kong-skull-island-junky-blockbuster-contemporary-color-condescends-small-town-culture

Rating: Not Kino

King Kong was always shit. The story is that they get a giant gorilla which goes nuts and they shoot it with airplanes.

Surprised nobody posted any of James Rolfe's vids on King Kong yet.

Maslow was a psychologist who studied needs and curiosity. Marlowe is the protagonist of "Heart of Darkness."

There is already a kong thread.

Oh, sorry, did we bump one of your shitty forced meme threads off the front page?

But king kong has no powers is he at least more intellignet than godzilla? are they going to fight aliens

But they are you imbecile, showme a full shot of the new star destroyer, there is none, and why the "resistance" were like 30 planes if they already had mon calamari cruisers and shit, wtf

We already talked about it. He liked it but it wasn't what he expected of a King Kong movie. Jackson and Goodman are good. Reily is funny. The rest of the characters are stock. It's shot beautifully. More like a B-movie instead of the mix genre of the other Kong films.

DUDE I'M PRETENDING TO BE RETARDED LMAO!

It was just another monster movie flick but got incredibly popular for some reason and got a legacy out of it. Maybe the production was a novel thing back in 1933.

It got popular because it was the first of its kind with action and stop motion monsters.

Thanks fam. It was fun to watch his Kongathon. I love it when he talks about monster movies more than videogames.

They're going to fight each other. In the original Godzilla vs King Kong there was a clip inserted in the beginning of the film where the Americans say Kong is more intelligent than Godzilla due to him being a primate. That and in the original Kong had electricity powers where lightning made him stronger and he could shock Godzilla. The reason for that was because it was originally supposed to have Frankenstein in the role of Kong but Frankenstein got replaced so the lightning gimmick went to Kong.

WE
Might as well say Detroit is a IQ haven
They don't have a clue then, considering Godzilla's antics/memory

I actually enjoyed it a lot. I actually preferred the things King fought rather than King himself. Humans were actually good too, but they killed the helicopter pilot in a retarded way. He died for nothing, while the negro who is into the Asian chick lives.

No, you fucking videogame-brainwashed retard. Not everything is LE PLAYER 1 VS MONSTER.

King Kong is about a Broadway producer causing a wild incident, because greed is the life of showbusiness. And once the beast is let loose in the concrete jungle and gets executed, it is shown to be more sympathetic and kind than actual civilized humans. Kong was literally murdered by jews.

Neither Denham nor the man he was based on were Jews. The name Denham is English.

I'd give it an 8.5

Really, the biggest issue was the size of the cast imo. You could never tell who was dying and the scenes where they were dying were more confusing than impactful. Other than that, it was a solid popcorn flick and about the only pozzed thing was the black nerd getting the Asian qt… so that could have been way worse.

Also, John C Reilly did a weirdly decent job.

I know that. Its just something the Americans put in to make themselves feel better.

Wasn't there a thread on Holla Forums about a nigger raping a Vietnamese girl into being a retard? Like he beat her so bad that she become a cripple with brain damage. This race mixing shit wont fly with Asian men. KEK

They have every right. Anytime Hollywood tries to push race mixing it always feels forced. There was no difference here, but at least it was only in the background.

I was also surprised they made the white guy the voice of reason while the main black character turned out to be insane and evil. That's not something that floats to well now of days.

really there wasn't much politics/social bullshit thankfully.

I do wish he survived longer. His arc was set up pretty nicely as he wanted to return for his son's birthday, but didn't make it because the Colonel wanted one last shot at glory.

I was also hoping the Chinook had survived and a large portion of the movie would focus on getting to it, getting it running and out of the storm. That way you could end the movie with the survivors getting the wounded on board and their final journy through the storm. The storm would have been a perfect spot to tease aquatic monsters as well.

The Chinese are mixing with Africans in large numbers. It's a way for the commies to create new labor stock and to keep all of the single men from going crazy.

Sam L generally plays the same character in all of his movies. This movie was no different and the colonel gave off major Jules' vibes.

Really? They're mixing? I thought the Chinese were just gearing up to stripmine the continent while the international community is too busy yelling at white people to notice

Chinese are literally pasty niggers.

China is dumping its massive single male population in China. There are going to be a shit ton of blasians soon.

They are pretty soulless.