Pale Moon 27 - new and already out of date, why are people still use it?

forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=13567

Pale Meme new is already dead, so why are there still people who prefer that danger-ware compared to the superiority of Firefox with Australis and webextensions?

Other urls found in this thread:

ghacks.net/2016/10/27/pale-moon-27-changes-announced/
github.com/MoonchildProductions/Pale-Moon/issues/176
github.com/MoonchildProductions/Pale-Moon/issues/117
iridiumbrowser.de/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

blogs should already stop posting about it, otherwise people will always fall for that danger-ware.

See here:

ghacks.net/2016/10/27/pale-moon-27-changes-announced/

feel free to comment!

No one should install Google Chrome. The only approved browsers who keep you secure and offer you all the needed features for high web compatibility are Firefox, Seamonkey or Cyberfox.

Nothing else should be recommended.

Nicely memed my man xD

Web developer here. Chrome's debugger shits all over everything else out there.

Chrome does not honor your privacy and it is Google spyware. To hell with debuggers and developer tools.

Only a moron would install Google crap.

Firefox Australis or die!

I'm more used to firefox at this point, there's not much of a difference anymore, as far as I understand it, and none at all with the little front-end/javascript work that I do.

Also, Google Chrome has no ricing abilities, Firefox has Classic Theme Restorer.

That alone makes Firefox the only logical choice.

I used the version 2 beta of 27 and got it to crash in no time, I'm waiting for beta 4 to try it again. Upgrading to 27 will mean redoing all my addons, themes and configurations. I've been using this web browsing setup for several years now and maybe a change would be a good thing. For one thing it's going to force me to write my own addons again and create a journal documenting all the changes made from the start.

And if you're so concerned about it being dangerous just use Firejail with a typical browser application profile. Web compatibility issues are to be expected from a niche browser that uses its own unique rendering engine and doesn't have a large developer community supporting it. Most users probably have a more mainstream browser ready to use as a backup on sites that don't work.

If you're going to be using botnet websites with full javascript anyway, why in the fuck would you use palemoon? Just download google chrome and you'll be much happier with your stupid little sheeple life.

So?

Pale Moon > FF
Pale Moon > Chrom[e/ium]

It's not Pale Moon's fault the whole internet decided to write itself around Chrom[e/ium] instead of its superior codebase.

You forgot Pale Moon.

Chromekikes need to fuck off from this board. We don't want javascript. We mostly don't need javascript. We don't care if Palemoon breaks some shitty site. We have Firefox for that. It will be a cold day in hell before I use anything related to Jewgle.

The question is how that Moonchild guy actually believes he can manage to maintain a browser if he fails with tasks like that here for example. This is standard difficulty if you are actually a browser developer.

github.com/MoonchildProductions/Pale-Moon/issues/176

github.com/MoonchildProductions/Pale-Moon/issues/117

Always the same. He does not understand enough and throws that to his community which is understanding it even less.

What for a joke!

No, he didn't.

That's true of every fakefox. I tried waterfox and was like "oh neat" but then I found out I was lagging two versions behind the actual updated firefox. Huge security risk.

This means nothing. Security fixes can be backported. Even if the browser would be a bit behind, with backported fixes this means zero.

Pale Moon may be out of date web-technology wise but at least that Moonchild dev is able to backport so far successfully security fixes.

Better than using an old Firefox without Australis. So if you do not want the Mozilla Chrome clone with webextensions and Chrome UI and lack of customization Pale Moon is still the best and only choice you have.

If the guy gets around to it. Maybe he won't. Maybe he will.

I don't use any toolbars. I just hide it. Why would anyone need the toolbars? You can still access everything with alt when needed.

I prefer to have a customizable browser. I despise the Chrome model.

For this reason i hate Mozilla that they are such Google Chrome c*ck suckers and follow their lead and i hate Google that they actually got such a high market share and influence that almost every browser developer is willingly s*cking their c*ck to be like them.

Fuck that development. Fuck it hard!

use midori tbh

Maintaining Pale Moon has been his full time job for quite awhile now, whether he's capable enough to lead such a project or has a community backing the project that can do so is irrelevant to what he believes. He simply does what he can and soldiers on in the face of insurmountable odds.

I believe in him and will be receiving signed furry art from him in exchange of a donation to his efforts in the near future.

off yourself, you subhuman slime

Why not using Pale Moon? The guy quoted from the Ghacks link is actually right in all he writes. And yet he is using Pale Moon, so why bother?

Using it right now, seems to be tad faster and the font-caching is a miles better.

Midori does not have access to uBlock, so no sell there.

the only real firefox alterntive is icecat. palemoon is just a meme that became popular because australis triggered autists that can't in2css.

Cuck, pls

:^)

Why the fuck did you censor yourself?

cock COCK cock COCK cock COCK cock COCK cock COCK cock COCK cock COCK cock COCK cock COCK cock COCK cock COCK cock COCK cock COCK cock COCK cock COCK cock COCK cock COCK cock COCK cock COCK cock COCK cock COCK cock COCK cock COCK cock COCK cock COCK cock COCK cock COCK cock COCK cock COCK cock COCK cock COCK cock COCK

I like qutebrowser, but it's not for everyone.

Firefox is ok if you take a bit of time to set it up. Look up a list of about:config changes, install HTTPS everywhere and uBlock Origin, and you're good.

Conkeror (which is not Konqueror) is a fascinating Emacs-inspired browser that uses Gecko.

Qupzilla and Midori are pretty solid.

Iridium is a good option for when you really need something Chromium-based, which happens sometimes.
iridiumbrowser.de/

Always seemed kind of shady, and the source code is probably only released because of copyleft. It takes a bit of effort to find and it uses git in a disgusting way.

Icecat security updates are often very delayed. Having to wait for weeks to get a fix for major security holes is not good. Maybe it's better nowadays.

UnGoogled Chromium > Iridium