Attention!

Dear Moderation of Holla Forums's Holla Forums ("Random") board…

I want to become the owner of this board. More than you LIKE being the owner of this board- trust me. I'm not saying you're bad at moderation, just that I deserve it more.
I will make this thread every day until I'm the owner of this board. I will make Holla Forums great again and it will be better than whatever's going on right now. Thank you.(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Your other thread was shit so you decided to make a new one? So pathethic

Huh? What are you talking about?

Dont play dumb you fcking pathetic loser. How does it feel to keep making threads everyone ignores?

Why are you so angry?

What's your platform for being BO? Be specific.

I was a mod here before. I think I'd want to do something completely different, and take the board to a new frontier it's never seen before in terms of moderating style. I think mods, in a traditional sense (e.g. reddit or 4chan), are completely dumb by virtue of concept. We're not toddlers. We don't need to be babysat, and we don't need a power hierarchy for our public discussion spaces. I think people forget that the internet isn't serious business. Moderator isn't a job.

The first thing I'd do is probably set up a meta cyclical, and for a while, or at least until I can figure out something better, only function on crowdsourced moderation. As in, I do only what posters suggested I do (if I deem it appropriate) and nothing more. If I could turn this place into a /z/-style vote-for-moderator system, or something like the "federated network of chans" idea that was floating around for a while, I would, but I can't. So, at least, I can try to emulate that.

I used to post here a lot, but as of late I haven't, so it makes no sense for me to try to be "better" than those that are actively conversing. I remember, when I was a mod, some of the other mods' post histories barely had any posts, and yet they still took tons of mod actions. I think that's stupid, and that moderation should be done in the interest of the majority of the posters. Essentially I am a populist.

I've also contributed a ton to the board (banners, etc.) in the past.

That's all fluff though
What would you do about spam (pro early 404)?
What's your stance on pedos?
How do you handle CP from VPNs, are you pro long bans?

t. you

If it becomes a detriment to the navigation/preservation of content it should be deleted. Obviously, spam is bad, and it isn't the same as normal content (like goonsaloon or Holla Forums or whatever would have you believe).
The idea of permanently banning anyone for a post/series of posts they made that wasn't illegal is ludicrous and outdated, though. They'll just ban evade anyway, so what's the point? I don't like the idea of having users "make sure" they don't "get on a mod's bad side", and having banning be an imminent threat for anyone. If it doesn't take effort to post, and thus the prospect of an average user posting it is realistic, it shouldn't be worthy of a ban. CP takes effort to find, and wiping a catalog takes effort (or at least time), so I'm fine with banning people for it.
I've never seen a good argument for early 404. Literally all it does is prevent good threads that are further down in the catalog form being contributed to. "Necrobumping" is a literally nonexistent issue except for autists that are hyper-aware of the position of each thread in the catalog.
If it threatens the integrity of the site or board's status of being existant it needs to go. These people don't get to congregate and have a space here if they might ruin it for everybody. And, at the same time, no feeding the vindictiveness of the rabid anti-pedos or the "PEDOS DESERVE TO HAVE THEIR HEAD SMASHED IN" spammer. A picture of a little girl threatens nobody. If it's allowed on youtube or 4chan, it's allowed here. Illegal content is only not allowed because the site would be taken down if it was posted, so that should be the metric in which it's judged. Mods shouldn't attach their own fallible moral stances to how they mod, that's called moralfaggotry.
How do you handle CP from VPNs, are you pro long bans?
Delete it. VPNs shouldn't have long bans. If we start cracking down on VPNs and proxies (and tor) we get a fundamental step closer to becoming like 4chan's moderation.

Let me ask you, are you a mod?

So tyranny of the majority eh? So, in other words, a group of people (from a different site no less), could flood the gates and destroy the board culture and enforce detrimental rules, just how 4chan ended up.
Democracies are cancer. It's the same shit pretty much the rest of the world is in right now and it's very destructive.
You do realize you just contridicted yourself with the follow up right?:

Jim made it a rule that you can't have any pedo content. Sure, reaction images are ok, but anything that violates the dost test gets deleted.

Of course not. In that case I'd do something about the raiders.
How?
If it violates the DOST test it's a liability, and therefore what I said applies. Some people interpret the DOST test to ridiculous extremes.

what does t.you mean

So having a general opinion that most of Holla Forums agrees with you on somehow makes you deserve to be a B.O.?

I deserve to be BO because I really really want to tbqh

forgot image

I really want to be a millionaire, but that doesn't mean I deserve to be one.

fucking loser still going at it

Yeah but I really, really want to be BO trust me it will be good i'll make u mod maybe

Wow, you must really want to be a board owner. Good thing you'll never be one. Shut the fuck up.

CANCER. Also, it's the same shit that ruined /a/, Holla Forums, Holla Forums, and basically every other board that has been rekted over the years. Populism is cancer.

You can't always identify a raid.
Because you just said that mods had a short post history and don't deserve to be a bo/mod. Yet here you are doing the exact same thing.

And I want a lamborghini.

So mods should just go against what the users want?
Except I'd moderate in the interest of the majority. I don't think you realize what I'm saying
uh its pretty obvious
not as much as I want 2 be BO fampai

No, they should protect the interests of everyone that doesn't break the global rules/law. It's most certainly not what the minority wants when he/she gets banned over hurting someone's feefees.
No, I do realize what you're saying and it's no different than the boards I've stated that have gone to shit over the years.
No it's not. As long as they don't use obvious image macros, spam, or buzzwords you likely will never know if you're being raided or not.
Wrong.

yeah that's what I'm saying
thats not what I'm saying
no
no everybody can tell
yes is

the ban was 2 minutes

yeah you totally btofd me xDDD!!! Nice 9gag reaction image, I'm sure you're not underaged at all!

why would you want to be the owner of this broken thing? even hotwheels gave it up to some corporation to use it as they please for monetization purposes

yeah you totally btofd me xDDD!!! Nice 9gag reaction image, I'm sure you're not underaged at all!

Why are you so mad, dude?

Why are you so cancerous, dude?

You lost my vote. The only argument that needs to be made for it seeing the catalog completely empty after spam is deleted because one autist spammed enough to get rid of all the content. That and IDs are the biggest problems with newfag. Everything else is a red herring.
Go fuck yourself.

H-how does early 404 prevent that? Doesn't it just make threads past a certain page unable to be replied to?

Nah bitch. Go fuck yourself and drink this while you're at it.

Because not having early 404 makes it so that one spammer can make enough threads to bump everything out of the catalog. So all content is gone with 150 posts (15 pages x 10 threads per page x 1 post per thread). With early 404 they would need to post 5 replies for each thread on pages 6-15 so that's (6 x 10 x 10) plus another 50 for pages 1-5. So you go from needing 650 posts to slide all the content from 150.

Herro jizz-kun.

wow so smart!

Oh. Well you've changed my mind.

Small brained fools like you change their mind easily huh.

really makes u think huh

well you shouldn't have quite then.