What's the best way to stay safe and anonymous on the internet...

What's the best way to stay safe and anonymous on the internet? I am guessing a VPN and TOR isn't the best for browsing completely anonymous and safely on the internet. Any tech fags that can educate me?

Other urls found in this thread:

torproject.org
twitter.com/AnonBabble

self-bump

why do you need to be anonymous user?

another self bump

Don't really need to be, but I am a really paranoid person and I always feel like people are watching me. Also I am interested in tech stuff since I suck at it

yeah you're probably ratted right now, you can never be truly anonymous.

Yea, I get that but there's gotta be more ways to stay safe and anonymous. That's what I am looking for

Seven proxies

you're the hacker known as 4chan?

not quite

look at this cuck lmao

Why do you think this?

Nothing will truly protect you more than having common sense. Don't voluntarily give away your personal info online, and avoid social media like a plague.

VPN/TOR is secondary, the best they'll do is hide your location. But they're useless if you use them to log into the websites you already logged in before from your real location. Also keep in mind that a lot of websites don't allow visitors from TOR.

Right now clear all your browser cookies and data, change the settings to NOT store them again, and start fresh. Always access the internet from behind a VPN and make new accounts where necessary. And don't give away your info, I can't stress this enough.

This is the best I can do. Everything is always fresh on my local machine. And I mostly use text browsers anyway, so don't need bookmarks and other shit.
But I noticed that firefox takes a long time to start, even when WWW_HOME points to my home directory. It shouldn't be making any network connections at all, but running tcpdump shows a lot of activity where it goes to AWS, cloudflare, and even some hardcoded IPs. I find that disturbing…

Correction: cloudfront.net

ramp

Sorry, I'll just never post here again, and keep all my ideas to myself.

Don't listen to him. People need to know what their software is really doing.

That is a myth, OP.
The internet was designed to make true security impossible, and they did a really good job of that. Nothing online is inaccessible. Nothing. You, your data, your identity, none of that is ever really anonymous or secure online and there is nothing you can do to make it so.

There is a balance point, yes. There is a minimum level of protection you need to employ out of simple prudence, to avoid general hacking and malware from taking over your shit. Everyone needs to employ those preventions. Beyond that though, the level of security measures you need to take is based solely on the activities in which you engage. If you want to troll news website comment boards or chans, proxies are a good idea. But if you are engaging in questionably legal activities there is not much you can do beyond trying to keep higher level authorities from becoming interested in you. Proxies won't keep them from finding you if they want to. TOR is itself a trap.

Oi-wei, PRISMA wathed you!

Tor Browser
buy it now here torproject.org

No, they aren't useless even if you log to old accounts.
If you login into old account with Tor:
-that website won't know from where are you connecting (so they won't know when you changed address or using public wifi)
-your ISP and government won't know you accessed that website unless they contact that website and they know your account
-if you did something illegal on that account, you could then claim it was hacked

what's with the giant golfballs?