OTP thread

post em

my sage and dubs :^)

You fail at life.

Best Frenemies Forever

The only pure pairing on the show.

So what was this cartoon even about? Was it basic stupid humor or was it hidden depths like that detentionaire show?

I like this OTP ironically

Sonuvabitch! I almost spit up my drink! Well played.

agreed user.

Didn't know Alex Hirsch was some moral puritan. Seriously how is that the liberals are now the moral puritans?

Because soccer moms and such came around in a time when conservatives had more power, so using religious values and such was a good way to establish control. As that went out, concepts of social justice and the fight against racism gained more power, which on paper, was fine. But, any idea or belief can be corrupted, wish surprising ease. That's why SJWs fight so hard for language control, because if they can decide what is and isn't racist, they control who and who isn't listened to. Just like the soccer moms who foolishly threw away their power by being shrill idiots, the current "liberal" types you see will lose their power eventually. Because it's really just the same conservative "think of the children" bullshit, just dressed up as "progressive". But there is nothing they push for that isn't that different from 1950s morality.

People in this thread have patrician taste

Yep.

is that by some Japanese artist?

Hirsch got butthurt that people liked Dipper with the blonde rich bitch because Dipper's essentially his self insert and he never actually gets any pussy so it sceeves him out to think about Dipper getting any.

"Rich girl with an attitude to hide her insecurities who's a complete dumbass regarding normal life" x "normal guy who brings her down off her pedestal and shows her the joys of normal life" is the best OTP, every time.

Not only is it an interesting dynamic between characters, it's also a traditional "man takes charge of his life and conquers something greater than himself" plot for men mixed with a "handsome and rough stranger shows a naive girl a whole new world of wonder and love" plot that women love, which goes back so far as a common element in fiction that it's strange how it's fallen out of style lately.

Also, in an alternate universe, I'd like to think there's a Hirsch who ended up more masculine and self-assured in life, to the point of successfully bagging whatever rich blonde girl inspired Pacifica. Maybe he got better genes in the beginning, maybe he didn't cock up his efforts to win this theoretical girl over, maybe his sister wasn't a massive manipulative cunt or he didn't even have one to begin with, the possibilities are endless.

This Hirsch would probably end up making a GF with a Dipper who wasn't quite so pathetic regarding women and life, and ended up going through a more-complete hero's journey of transforming from a scared kid who knows nothing into confident man who's seen some shit. The series would probably end better too, since a Hirsch who wasn't so spineless could probably hold off Disney long enough to finish his shit properly, before flipping them the bird on the way out the door for being twats.

Of course, this is assuming he even went into cartooning in this alternate reality, rather than spending all his time enjoying being successful with an attractive wife, which isn't likely unless modern animation is also un-fucked and populated by actual talented people again in this universe.

Maybe AT is unfucked and has remained good in this universe, too. Although, that might be too much to ask of even the most generous fantasy.

wew hombre

This show had so much potential… Just like Motorcity… So many wasted opportunities and not enough episodes with that cute cheerleader waifu…

I disagree. The best OTP every time is Incest.

They really need to get rid of visible sage here.
I'm pretty sure there is some autist who tries to sage the first post of every thread.

Superman and Wonder Woman

basically any relationship that's "bitchy girl with an attitude gets calmed down and becomes a lot more passive by a normal guy" makes my dick diamonds.

Yes.

Galatea is far more attractive than any version of Power Girl has ever been.

Also isn't that technically selfcest?

I love Jean Grey. It's not a huge love, but it's love. She a kind woman, and a good character, at least before Bendis took over. And I love Scott Summers. He's my favorite male Marvel character. But I don't love their relationship. Sure, it was fun at first. Young teenagers experiencing romance, their first love and all of that. To me, the relationship between them represented Scott and his younger, less mature self (not saying he was immature before, just that he wasn't as mature as he became later on). Jean didn't allow Scott to show his true potential. He always worried about her, he always loved her. But he couldn't become the leader he was met to be while she was around.
Then Emma Frost came in. And she changed him. Emma and Scott were both damaged characters, she trying to be make up her mistakes and he trying to let go of Jean (I'm talking after the affair they both had, after Jean died during the Morrison run, I think). Emma allowed Scott to become the leader he always was, and Emma tried to become a better person while she was with Scott. I'm talking about reciprocation, the fact that they both won something during their time together.
Basically, they were the rich bitch and the boy next door. And I think I have a thing for ships like those.
Oh, yeah. And then Bendis came along. And he fucked everything up, like the mediocre Loganfag with a boner for Jean he is.

dub

I never paired fictional characters in my life.
What is wrong with me?

Some dumbshits from halfchan I'm sure. Been happening all over the site and shitposting has become even worse, with recent political events and 4chan censoring things even further it's all in full swing and morons keep asvertising 8ch as the "trolliest" place on the internet. We may have eternal summer here user, and no one will be able to stop it.

what

Those would be some supremely fucked up flipper babies. Like, I'm pretty certain the inbreeding would be the LEAST of their issues.

Go die, fag enabler.