CyanogenMod 14.1

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_multinational_companies_with_research_and_development_centres_in_Israel
f-droid.org/repository/browse/?fdid=org.sufficientlysecure.viewer
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Didn't they just disband completely?
I live in Canada so we get our own firmware variants that don't have cyanogenmod roms.

>>>/g/

should i just install the nightly? i've been waiting for a stable build of cm11 for a year and a half now

They don't do stable builds any more

welp time to upgrade then

ya i would, ive used nightly on my daily phones for years and they are almost always more than stable enough. Every now and then there will be a small issue, and when there is its usually fixed the next day.

Is CM14 ready for daily use? Last time I checked most of the stuff was still broken.

I love the hardware, but Cuckberry is killing me with their crusade against root.

I get it man. I used to be just like you.
I used to like playing pretend portable PC with my Android phone too. I had every emulator under the sun, Dolphin for Gamecube games, Bochs to run PC programs, DosBox, you name it.
I used to run all kinds of terminal applications
I used to enjoy rooting my devices and putting Cyannogenmod on them

Then I fucking grew up and realized an Android phone will truly never be anything more than an Android phone

The dream is fucking dead. ARM will never uncuck itself, there will never be a unified ARM standard like whats been promised to happen eventually for the past decade. And ARM is reaching a performance ceiling lower than x86_64s floor.
Get a real fucking computer m8. You want a portable computer to hack around on? Get an Intel Atom device, they're really fucking good nowadays. Phones will always just be meant for calling people

Never, scholomo

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_multinational_companies_with_research_and_development_centres_in_Israel

Ironically there doesn't seem to be any Nvidia R&D centers in Israel. Kind of ironic considering AMD fanboys always call Nvidia bigger kikes. AMD does have an R&D center there btw

Come on kikes, spend some money on proper shills

what do?

Get a job and buy an iPhone

GT-I9300 CM13 nightly user here, pics related.
Despite being named "nightly", it's stable as rock (apart from a couple quirks, for example my proximity sensor is broken so I can't view the call screen and have to end the call with the power button). Definitely recommending. I also don't have gapps, only proprietary apps on my phone is Adobe Reader (there isn't a single good FOSS PDF reader for android) and Whatsapp (peer pressure from family and friends).

My phone is not supported by CM. There are only ports of it and they mostly suck ass. The original 4.4 is sadly the best I have.

I might try and cop a phone that works with replicant one day.

Buy the international Galaxy S3.

I just don't care anymore. None of this matters.

For how much longer will apps support 4.4.4?

My phone can't be rooted.

Smartphones were a mistake.

Your smartphone was a mistake*
Fixed.
Also, there's dirtycow now, any phone can be rooted.

What about the priv?
kill me

Dirtycow is an exploit in the Linux kernel itself, so yes.

You have no idea how excited you've made me.
Now I've just go to figure out how to use it. Are there any apps that do the job for you already?

Have you tried Document Viewer?
f-droid.org/repository/browse/?fdid=org.sufficientlysecure.viewer

I don't think so, no. I heard it from here:

This guy explains how to do it, actually:

Holy shit, that's actually pretty good. Tried it just now. Thanks mate