Justice league Dark teaser

Holla Forums Why does Zatanna look like Brianna Wu cosplaying as Betty Page?

Great. Least there's no Damien in this one.

On the bright side, they're not adapting anything good, so if they ruin it it's of no consequence.

I'd rather them make a good adaptation of bad source material than a bad adaptation of good source material. In the current state of WB animation, I wouldn't expect them to be able to do a good adaptation of good source material.

You are right, Zatanna looks terrible.

Zatanna was more stylized in the original cover for Justice League Dark #6, but they simplified her outfit, making it look like a plain 60s Wonder Woman, which is an accomplishment.

It's shit.

why does it look so famliar?

come on man Zatanna would never be that ugly. Though I do miss the traditional costume though. I'm actually looking forward to this movie. Seems like it has potential.

was the original Justice League Dark that bad user?

How soon until we get a DC rebirth movie?

I enjoyed her in RE and look forward to RE6, but she isnt in it.

Not going to rewatch but i recall liking hey va, and loving matt ryans work, nice to see WB dont fuck everyone over, they just hide them away in animation.

Ignoring the Zatanna shitshow, it that supposed to be John Constantine hanging out with superheroes?

The demon looks really good, though I have yet to see him appear in a DC animated thing that didn't make him look bad, I've gotten used to Jason O'Mara's Batman voice, it's not bad but I've heard a lot worse.

Also finally a new 52 animated movie without that little shit Damien.

My own personal rule. If Zatanna isn't in her stage magician outfit, she ain't Zatanna.

Are you retarded?

I kind of liked the Disney Villainess outfit she wore for a while.

how did it come to this

DC proper started interfering more in WB affairs

What, did you think the Big Two had standards or something?

That was one of the worst trailers to an animated movie I have ever seen.
They showed a storyboard.
The whole thing was about a minute too long.
They should have had more lines of dialog between the score from each character to help introduce their character.
I liked that they got Matt Ryan to play Constantine again.

But user, it wasn't a trailer. It was a "teaser".

Why do the quality of these things very so much? It's either great or complete dogshit.

This is a prime example of mainstream comics strangling creativity. They're taking unique and interesting characters and forcing them into the superhero mold.

Damn, that just looks bland as all get out. I hope it turns out good though, because I like Swamp Thing and Deadman.

I really wish they'd get new character designs. I get that they want the new 52 movies to have a uniform look, but they're just kind of boring.

THIS
It was just kind of sad to see them take all these characters from Vertigo and then do nothing good with them. I remember 6 or 7 years ago, Vertigo did a Madame Xanadu series that I really liked. It was its own thing, but it went the Sandman route where it had small appearances and references that hinted at it existing in the DC universe.

Current DC just wont let these characters have the kind of stories that suit them. Everything has to be a superhero story.

I hope they allow that new Young Animal imprint to run wild and do what they want, because Vertigo is just in a sad state of affairs these days.

Be glad they did not make damian the star

I enjoy Way's music but he's bit of a mixed writer. Umbrella Academy is apparently good but his MCR comic sucked hard. A lot of people like Doom Patrol and he could easily fuck it up hard. And I'm not too excited for ANOTHER Bat vigilante in the already bloated mythos with more bad characters than good ones. Still, there's a chance he can pull off something cool with this.

Also goth/punk girls are my weakness

Yeah, she looks bad but not wu bad.

I'm curious for it just to see what they do with Swamp Thing.

odnu esaelp, uW fo ecaf a si ereht fi!

I am more curious if this movie will open up with john constantine giving a random
Black guy a bJ. There already a comic that opens up implying Constantine loves taking BBC up his English arse. Which had nothing to do with the plot at all. He use to be a character who happens to be bi. Now his bisexuality becoming his only character trait.

What if pre-crisis superman punched reality so hard that the current mainstream versions of these characters traveled to the vertigo universe and they had to fight

Umbrella Academy was actually surprisingly good. I remember when it was originally being storytimed way back when. Everyone went in ready to make fun of it and just post that MCR "WHEN" meme, but then it turned out to be decent. He definitely has the potential to do some cool shit with this imprint, and hopefully he lives up to it.

Mother Panic is probably the book I have the least interest in, because as you said, we really don't need another Gotham city vigilante. I wish it didn't have a connection to Batman because these books have a tendency to just live in his shadow.

I just really want Young Animal to be good. I really like that DC comics period in the 80s, before they created Vertigo, when they were doing fresh stuff like Morrison's Doom Patrol, Moore's Swamp Thing, The Sandman, and Dark Knight Returns. People often forget that the entirety of Morrison's Doom Patrol, Moore's Swamp Thing, and a good chunk of The Sandman were published in DC comics proper and not Vertigo. It'd be nice if they let unique voices be unique and not worry about this big universe where everything has to be a mega crossover event. Then again that also hinges on having talented people that have an actual fresh and unique voice, and not just Kate Leth "unique".

Honestly, no one has been able to do a good job with writing Constantine since they brought him into the DC universe, which is a shame.

There seems to be an increasing lack of writers who can do subtlety and proper characterization. These people are far more concerned with making sure the reader knows "HEY! THIS CHARACTER'S A FAG!" than telling an organic story.

Your hopes are in vain. DC set themselves against unique voices the moment they forced out Karen Berger, the last good editor they had left. Now they're just an IP farm for Warner.

Young Animal only exists because of Gerald Way. Once he leaves, DC will run it into the ground just like they did Vertigo.

Honestly, even though it's highly unlikely/impossible, I hope Young Animal is it's own universe. That's the only way you can make things properly unique and free to be creative. When you're in a shared universe, there's tons of constraints keeping you from going full out to have things make sense or work in continuity. Though both the big two spit in the face of continuity nowadays with their shitty writers.

Really I just don't wanna buy post New 52 crap from DC anymore. Keep it in it's own universe and let the writers go crazy.

Man, if there's one thing that bugs me it's when you have a nice self contained series that then gets saddled with some in continuity, crossover shit.

One of my favorite series from the 90s was Young Heroes in Love. It's its own thing for the most part, except for this one really awkward part where they shoved the fucking Electric Blue Superman in there.

Continuity and universes are cool and have their place, but I wish everything didn't have to adhere to them. I mean, we're living in a world where Watchmen is being tied into things.

Perhaps in the big two, continuity should be contained to each respective character for a short time with each writer deciding what to make canon for their runs. Big two comics are already never ending fests of the same characters over and over never changing for real anyway. Might as well just let the writers basically make each run it's own separate thing. It's an extreme idea, I know. But the big two are already pretty shit. Roll the dice and let's see where it takes us.

Can't be worse than The Killing Joke.
Really fucking sick of them shoe horning Batman into everything. Why is he here?

I'll watch it for Etrigan though.

Zatanna looks nowhere near as bad as John Wu

Hmm, I like that.

Batman is there because DC likes to milk his tits thats why.