Detroit Teachers Uprising

abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/detroit-teachers-close-schools-2nd-day-mass-sick-38839497

TL:DR

Pissed with Porky's bullshit, Detroit teachers protested for more school funding and more pay. Government "promises" more support, but we know that isn't going to happen. :^)

Other urls found in this thread:

crainsdetroit.com/article/20160503/NEWS01/160509936/2-more-guilty-pleas-in-detroit-school-corruption-scandal
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Neoliberalism 101

B-b-but they said the wealth would trickle down!

;^)

Bump 'cuz you burgers can't see all opportunity in this.

DETROIT COMMUNE

I have the feeling that Detroid is becoming either Robocop, or the boiling cauldron of revolution, ready to blow up…

This leftypol's time to take over Detroit. Viva la gommie revolution!

You called?

Anyone who works for the government is a kind of parasite anyway so who cares.

Enough said.

he got btfo in the mayoral run btw

what exactly are you implying, user?

Either the teachers are shit or the kids are dumb.

Probably both.

inb4

Anymore memes?

What's the system comprised of?

Are these teachers and students not people?

Is it the books and desks that're making it so only 3% of Detroit students have the minimum proficiency in science? The walls and toilets making it so only 8% can do basic math?

In capitalism, it isn't.

MY GOD!

The system is made from capitalists, with capitalist rules and capitalist programms.

When the people apply the rules the system gave them, and the rules fail, it's the rules. Not the people.

Blame the game, not the player!

I'm pretty sure there were 1 room schoolhouses 200 years ago without books that had better educated students than Detroit.

MY GOD! IT'S PURE IDEOLOGY!

Teachers don't decide how the system works (directives and so on), neither tests and so on.

The 'Murican educational system as a whole has problems. Not just detroid, that yes, is also shit because economy and yes, this also counts in the outcome of education.

I SEE NEOLIBERALISM!

it's poverty, you fucking retard

What, exactly, do you think it is?

This happens when White Porky forces African Americans into shitty socioeconomic failure then turns to

after they turn to dealing drugs to pay the bills. Take it from a black person herself.

That's still kind of an extreme explanation. I think people just don't care anymore and feel beaten down, and nobody wants to admit that it's something easy to sympathize with.

Other schools in Michigan do a lot better than Detroit while using the same cirriculum and administering the same tests.

PURE IDEOLOGY

We're talking about teachers and children. Teaching at a state school is a comfy unionized job that requires a college education, different from stealing bikes and dealing drugs.

The problem is either the teachers, students, or both. You're a racist for implying black people are never responsible for their own problems. At least I afford blacks enough agency to make their own mistakes.

The African American school administration isn't great either, they're actually in the midst of a corruption scandal because they were scamming the state: crainsdetroit.com/article/20160503/NEWS01/160509936/2-more-guilty-pleas-in-detroit-school-corruption-scandal

r u tard

Kek, if you actually read the comment you would have known I was writing from a Holla Forumsack / white bourgeoisie standpoint. Learn to fucking read.

We're talking about teachers and children. Teaching at a state school is a comfy unionized job that requires a college education, different from stealing bikes and dealing drugs.

What the fuck you think I made this thread?! If you actually looked in fucking context, it's all part of the vicious cycle.

> Drug dealing makes $$$, while criminal free jobs required a good education or at least how to fucking read.

TFW you are both idiots ( ok not as much), cause you fall in ID trap and think its onlt "White-Black".

CAPITALISM DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE!
IT FUCK PUBLIC EDUCATION FOR EVERYONE!

And neoliberalism fucks the corpse of education.

That is another problem, and it's actually the problem with modern unions, that are corrupt as fuck and do not serve the workers or society.
And they cannot be change for better either with liberal continuation of old shit or Trump going full neolib and shuting down public education entirely.

You need to change the system at it's core.

Do you wanna? No you don't! You just want to complain about "oh, white capitalists are bad!" "oh, niggaz be stupid".

SLIME!