Prison is a stupid system

I just realize how easy prison is. You have no job, free food, free healthcare, a place to sleep, a gym and courtyard. Why is it that we treat our criminal better than we treat our homeless people. Hell why do we treat them better than regular people.

The system doesn't even reduce crime (at least not in america).

blame bleeding heart altruism.

That's not how you pluralize that word user

Actually a lot of prisoners have to do literal slave labor, of which they are compensated pennies a day. It's the only type of slavery that's still legal.

It's all dogfood-tier, though. None of it is enjoyable, it's just eating to exist.

Free shit healthcare.

This is actually true.

Recidivism rates are high because prisoners are so mentally broken from the medieval-style conditions in the US that they forget how to function on the outside.

You forgot to mention all the rape, violence, and the complete lack of privacy. Prisons are overcrowded as fuck. You will be sharing cells, showers, and bathrooms breaks. You will never have a moment to yourself. Lets not forget about the guards who abuse their power. There is numerous reports of abuse. Hell I recall reading some horrifying reports in juvee centers. Kid died on the floor, and the guards do nothing to help. At least the shitty parents raked in some cash. The whole fucking system is a horrible.

But that's just men's prisons. If you want to go to jail, you better chop off your dick. Women have it way better! No lie. Double standards all around.

this in every way.

idk about prison. but I know jail sucks. they don't feed you much.
and the only thing to do is lay around real tired all day reading books. but all the inmates had decent taste in books to recommend so that was cool.

What do you propose as an alternative, OP? I think we could really benefit from a League of Shadows type organization that kills criminals and wipes out degenerate cities.

IF ONLY YOU GUYS KNEW HOW GOOD PRISON IS IN GERMANY.

Actually they do have jobs - it's mandatory in most cases to work. Either doing something that keeps the infrastructure of the prison running, or makes the prison money with which to feed you.

The food is free, but pretty terrible usually. The healthcare is free, but pretty terrible usually. You have a place to sleep, but no privacy. You have a gym and a courtyard, but it's the same gym and courtyard every day for the duration of your sentence. No walks to new places, or new scenery, ever.

And prisons are not all created equal. Depending on the crime, you'll be spending time in a prison that's either low security and relatively comfortable and safe, or a prison that's high security, extremely restrictive, and where you'll live in fear of being gangraped or shanked for a stupid reason or no reason.

Russian prisons are pretty horrible places to be. Canadian prisons are way too kind, even the ones that house serious criminals like murderers.

In prison, you also can't smoke or drink, and if you're someone like me who thinks/thought "If I was ever imprisoned I'd just have my family send me books and shit and literally read and sleep and stay in my cell and never leave it or talk to anyone until my sentence was up," well think again cause like I said there is a lot of mandatory and regulated shit in prison. Mandatory work duty, mandatory communal showering and eating, mandatory get-the-fuck-out-of-your-cell block times as well, every single day.

Prison is not fun, but unfortunately it's not so horrible to prevent some people who are non-functioning in actual society to feel safer and happier there, because they know who they are and what they are supposed to do there.

But, I'm sure a lot of homeless people would be glad to be fed three times a day, and be able to shower, and have a bed (not a warm or comfortable bed, but a bed all the same), even if it meant being part of a forced labor crew that makes license plates all day.
So why don't we have prison-like systems for homeless people?

Well, we used to actually. In the 1800's there was such a thing as work houses, where destitute or homeless people could go and sign themselves up. Usually they were not paid for their labor, the hours were killer long, the food was bad and there wasn't much of it, forget about days off, and don't get sick or lose a hand to machinery cause then you're REALLY fucked.
Workhouses were somewhere you could go, and in exchange for your work and your sobriety (no drugs or alcohol allowed), you could eat and sleep indoors, but they were such shitty places to be, and there was such great shame and judgment laid upon anyone who went to the workhouse, that no one wanted to unless they had literally no other choice, and then, for as short a time as possible.

But then some people decided workhouses were bad, shaming people who went to workhouses was bad, the conditions were bad, basic human dignity was not being maintained, etc. Now we have no workhouses. Now we have soup kitchens, overcrowded shelters where people sleep on the floor, and if anyone is turned away they can sleep on a park bench and hope some teenager doesn't come and set them on fire in the night.

If you ask me, workhouses were a better system for the homeless, and prisons should be more like workhouses so that people REALLY do not want to go to jail, and therefore, don't commit dumbshit crime on impulse.

Ask a chomo how they're treated in prison.

what are foodstamps/welfare cheques?

Freebies that don't require work or sobriety, and therefore, provide no motivation to better oneself. There is no deterrent from being a welfare leech. It becomes more socially acceptable to be one every day, and you don't have to do a fucking thing in order to receive it.

Which is perfect.

Holla Forums probably does not want to hear this, but Prison, solitary confinement is a non-intrusive way to evict demons from a posessed person. Prisoners are in prison not merely to ensure the wholeness of others, but to cure them and restore their wholeness. Prisons are meant to be places of spiritual healing.

If you're good at following orders, jail is a cakewalk, and you probably don't even want to leave.

Thats why prisoners hate it, most of them are man-children who never grew up in a stable family, have terrible issues with authority and impulse/anger problems.

Um, penitentiaries are places of repentance.

yea I'm sure having to defend yourself from dindus sounds pretty simple

and what said, you get shit jobs, shit food, and shit heathcare. and unless you're /fit/ the gym and courtyard are pretty useless and boring.

Norwegia has pretty good prisons, a shame they're slowly getting Swedefie'd though.

Sounds like highschool.

Can sort of confirm. I even had fun. Never been to prison but jail is easy if you are a big tough guy like me. Zero fucking deterrent for me. 75% of the guys in jail are in for child support because they lost their job (serves them right, 3DPD and making more niggers). The rest were just unlucky pot heads who kept hanging around their old friends while on probation after the last time they were arrested for pot. Maybe three other violent offenders like me. One guy on armed robbery to pay his past-due child support. (kek) One clumsy, hapless, burglar chasing the dragon but bumping into a homeowner. One dude who couldn't take it anymore and slapped his roastie's fat gob. Five unusual things probably made it easier for me though: I am always the only White guy in jail. I am always the only guy in for murder/attempted murder/assault on pigs-i.e. serious shit. I am always the only guy without tattoos (tattoo=criminal). I am usually the tallest guy in jail (crooks are manlets?). I am always the only guy who can afford to be immediately bailed out of jail and get a real lawyer. All of that made it much easier than what I heard from other people's jail stories. If you go in for faggot shit like embezzlement, pre-grease your anus.

I loved to subtly rub it in all those niggers' faces that I'm bouncing out on way more serious charges than their chicken shit. "Bad rap you got there, Tayquan. You're right. America sure is run by a bunch of White supremacists. Welp, bye bye! Good luck scraping together your $150 bail from the inside." Some started crying when they saw me leave while the bars closed them back in. Since I'm violent, even against the pigs, they legally have to warn everyone in the facility about me. It's like cheat codes for jail. Actually, it's the only place people showed me proper respect since they knew I was in there for an attempted murder on someone who just disrespected me and mine. (That's the pig's story, not mine.) On the outside, I try to blend in as an ultra normalfag and that total has the opposite effect in jail where everyone looks like they came out of central casting. Forget their posturing, both niggers and pigs are terrified of clean cut White dudes that are confirmed to not give a fuck. They all thought I was a serial killer. :)