no

It technically is DCAU

explain

1) Same Speedy
2) Same Flash/Kid Flash
3) Bruce Timm said so

Is Robin about to smash a chosen one?

SOURCE

But does it take place before Justice League since Robin is pretty obvioulsy Dick Grayson

No, Tim is. Batman told Static Shock so the second time Static came to Gotham.

Except he's Nightwing in the future episode, Larry's real name is Dick Grayson backwards and when Raven sees his memories she sees a trapeze from the perspective of someone on it.

I think it would have been a far better show overall if they simply cut out all the wanna-be animu bullshit.

Otherwise, it was pretty alright.

Paul Dini rather publicly said he fucked up

Well Kid Flash is Wally West and Wally West is also DCAU Flash

Ah so it would be that JL takes place years after Teen Titans. So then
may be right in the sense that it was at the point when Tim was Robin and a member of the Titans which had become a full blown organization by the end of the show.

Not really but it's still good in it's own right.

Teen titans is more like a honorary member of DCAU.
It was never explicitly meant as a part of it, and you could probably find some minor contradictions, but they can still work together.

That's a good one, m8.
I mean it's decent but even it's best episodes aren't spectacular compared to most of what came out of BTAS, STAS, BB, or JLU.

Eh there best was still better than a lot of Superman and Beyond at least.

My only real issue with JL though I'd that all the characters have the same body to the point of looking like they were made using a template.

At its best it's on par with the post-BTAS DCAU. You can't deny that Titans had some great season finales. Particularly that Trigon episode,

Batman Beyond was a treasure and you will shut your mouth!

I wouldn't go that far.

fanfiction.net/s/3851787/1/The-Joker-s-Wild

Wherein the Joker and Harley Quinn come to Jump City. Fairly well done, despite the author having a bone to pick.

Don't forget episodes like Haunted. In general, the Slade episodes were good quality.

This.

Canon man I love Batman Beyond but a lot of the episodes that didn't involve the elderly OG Batman villains were pretty bland, and Justice Leagues ending really soured the concept of Beyond.

I liked Epilogue. I don't think it soured Batman Beyond at all

Son, they couldn't even say "Kill." Justice League had the whole damn market on that.

This I have to read. Anyone got a source for that?

Bruce Timm's mission with all the DC shows was to make them all canon with each other.

Unfortunately, this was around the time they were rebooting the Batman films and animated series (The Batman) and Warner Bros. had made a 'rule' that DC media couldn't intersect with each other anymore.

Hence, why there was no Teen Titans (they did get all the actors to play that group of Joker henchmen in Season 2 of Justice League for this reason, and I freaked out when I realized that). It's also why none of Batman's villains could be used in Unlimited.

This policy of 'No Crossover' was probably implemented as early as 2002, when Justice League Season 2 and Teen Titans Season 1 started production, or as late as early to mid 2003, when the episodes 'Wild Cards' was probably being worked on. Evidence seems to point to the latter as Batman Begins started production in early 2003 when Chris Nolan and Goyer started developing it, which would all neatly line everything up. Makes further sense when you realize that at no point in Teen Titans, Dick ever mentions Batman, despite there being several obvious references to him.

This is all speculation on my part and seems to be the popular theory online, but it has to make SOME sense, I hope.

I hope someone at Warner Bros. realized how retarded this was and they never ever do it again.

As a follow up, I think the decisions made in Teen Titans production process, regardless of this 'rule', were stupid anyway.

Like, not mentioning anyone's secret identities so 'kids could relate to them' more. I understand that in battle, but Starfire calling Robin 'Robin' when they're alone takes some of the intimacy out of their relationship.

The show, personally, feels like it was really torn on if it wanted to appeal to older or younger kids. Many of the storylines in Teen Titans are very clearly meant for older kids, but a lot of the humor is aimed at the same audience who was probably watching Toonami and was into that 'anime' styled humor like the silly faces.

It was a conflicted show I wish had better direction. In stronger hands, the show could've hit a lot of the highs of Batman The Animated Series, personally.

I had one, but it's been a very long time.

The gist of it was basically that Paul Dini wrote the Static episode before Titans even aired and Dini had no idea that Titans wasn't supposed to be in continuity with the DCAU, or at least the current day DCAU that the Static episode took place in

Considering the next "big" DC show is gonna be revolving around pretty much the entire DC universe, they've probably learned their lesson on not needlessly separating everything just cause.

To be fair, they did the same thing in Justice League. If you rewatch it, for that first year of Justice League, nobody refers to anybody by their real name (except for the two Johns), not even Superman and Batman, who we know have knowledge of each other's secret identities. Then come season 2 you've got Batman calling Superman 'Kent' and then Wonder Woman finds out Batman is Bruce Wayne and by the end of that season and the start of JLU, they're all referring to each other by their real names, in private at least.

They didn't cross-over JL/Titans because they wanted it to be its own thing. It had nothing to do with the Bat Embargo. The Bat Embargo was the reason why The Batman couldn't use Robin until Titans actually ended, because Warners thought kids would get confused seeing two Robins on two different shows, which was the entire reason for the Bat Embargo in the first place

I have to admit, that didn't make much sense to me either, but like you said, they did drop it by the end of Season 2, so it's moot to a degree.

I'll be fair and say it was bad in that show too, but I think they have slightly more justification because they aren't like the Titans, hanging out in one building all the time and clearly being very buddy buddy with each other like, say, Beast Boy and Cyborg are.

I don't think most of them knew their identities until the big reveal to eachother during the invasion. Which was a nice touch though because it was basically a last hurdle of trust they hadn't crossed until that point.

But in TT, yeah, they basically just ARE their superhero names. I don't know if it feels less distant because it's like using a nickname for all your friends.

Not really

Bruce Timm had to fight with execs to keep Batman on JL after The Batman started

Can you fucking imagine

It's understandable in Justice League. Firstly, like you said, they're not around each other practically 24/7 like the Titans and secondly, Bruce Wayne's a billionaire industrialist, Clark Kent's a fairly high profile reporter for the DCAU's equivalent of the New York Times, they're not gonna trust their secret identities to people they barely know and don't know if they can trust.

Bruce knew Clark, and vice versa. Diana knew Bruce. J'onn knew everybody, because he can read minds. Batman, Superman and Flash are the only ones who even have secret identities anyway.

I'm skeptical of that considering, according to Wikipedia, that came from Timm during Unlimited, which is essentially three seasons into Justice League.

That said, I don't have much else to argue for my skepticism, so I'll concede that. Aqualad does contradict a lot of what I'm saying, so it's probably the truth. I think I'm more saying that a plan to connect them was there at least when pre-production was going on, but ultimately it was decided against.

Titans only started in 2003