Apple on notice

youtube.com/watch?v=BzMLA8YIgG0

Apple on notice.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iZi0CxS5Gw4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Do you also get health insurance for your wrists along with it? A touch screen this large would be an awful input device.

Nice, many Applefags will be triggered today.

tbh in the past this kind of thing would've annoyed me. now i don't care. it's good even. normies are digging their own graves. and in the dark ages they bring upon themselves, us wizards will arise from the chaos. rejects and social outcasts of society before, they will look upon us as gods and marvel at our techno-mastery, our seeming ability to create and bend technology to our whim, and they will reflect on themselves and realize their existence as slaves and they will look back to us and whisper "help us" but us wizards will stare back at them and whisper "GNO".

topkek

Also nobody fucking cares about 30bit because the software to use it isn't there, it wasn't there 10 years ago and it won't be there by the time MS gets liquidated

The only thing that could trigger apple fags is if the Macbook Pro isn't released tomorrow.

You try to. And always fail. Can't even get drivers in order. Pathetic.

round color thing reminds me of reactable
youtube.com/watch?v=iZi0CxS5Gw4

More like Wacom on notice, this is a serious rival to the Cintiq.

Haven't surface historically used Wacom digitizers? Might very well be Wacom in this one as well.

28" surface desktop: $2,999
27" cintiq: $2,799

wacom are probably shitting themselves

There might be an accuracy problem with this. If not, Wacom might genuinely be fucked.

First two gen used Wacom, since Surface 3 they switched to N-trig.

I can't say for sure because im not a digital designer, but both digitizers trade blows pretty evenly (wacom wins in some areas, N-trig in others) so yeah, it might prove to be a real threat and might even force them to lower their prices.

How does N-trig do with drivers?
Wacom drivers fuck up constantly.

But you can also mount a cintiq to a monitor arm and work comfortably with it in front of your actual computer and monitor.
Depending on your setup the surface studio would get in your way if you just want it as a drawing tablet.

No idea, not even sure if i have them installed (i only need rather basic functionality)

Actually I just got an idea regarding what I said here
Would it be possible to use the surface studio as the main monitor for your regular computer and switch it back to normal quickly whenever you need to draw.
That would be absolutely perfect.

The Wacom Cintiq is on an entirely different level. It has tilt for calligraphy, airbrush pens and a whole slew of accessories. N-trig is great for basic tablet usage having adequate pressure sensitivity(about 1/10th that of a Cintiq) and accuracy but no serious artist spending a thousand or more on tools would even consider it.

Considering the odd aspect ratio and focus on color gamut it looks like this is intended for prosumers who use full frame(also 3:2) cameras. Not for professionals, they use medium format cameras that have a different ratio. Considering how heavily entrenched Apple is in this niche it's clear that if Microsoft didn't do something drastic they'd lose that market forever.

It's a classic reactionary move that's too little too late.

I don't care about most of that and question how many do

Being a "serious artist" doesn't doesn't have anything to do with needing sensitivity above what N-trig offers.
You'll need really high pressure sensitivity if you work on fuck-huge drawings which use very large brush sizes. Billboard art for example.
The average artist, professional or not, would not likely come across that need and won't feel a difference. In fact there is zero difference until you get above a certain brush size

Why move to photography if we're talking about it as a wacom replacement. Do photographers make use of drawing tablets for something?
To me what I see with 3:2 is a ton of real estate.

Wacom isn't going away for certain use cases, but if the surface studio performs well then it'll hit wacom's wallet hard.

Tilt is a huge deal, it adds another dimension to your brush strokes. Drawing fire, hair or fur after having tried it there's no going back to static 90 degrees or emulated strokes. Those digitizers sell for 2-3 grand for a reason, a cheap $50 bamboo tablet would do the job otherwise.

Agree on the sensitivity it's only useful in certain scenarios. Like 3d sculpting where it is essential. Go on any CG forum and they'll all say the same thing, the more pressure levels the better it is for fine motor control and brush customization with different pressure curves. It's not a gimmick.

As for why I brought up photography this display seems tailored for that specific task. And yes photographers use drawing tablets, retouching photographs or doing masking benefits greatly from it and many photography sites consider it an essential tool for graphic designers. In this case a cheap tablet works better than a digitizer because of the ergonomics of looking straight at a large screen while drawing on a desk, they don't need tilt or a huge range of pressure levels either.

All these combined is why I suspect the thing Microsoft came out with isn't intended as a serious Cintiq competitor and is aimed at hobbyist photographers. They lost a lot of ground to Apple in this area.

Alright I'm getting the picture now. fug
For all these intricacies you'd think wacom would have far better drivers

They do, the reverse-engineered linux ones :^)

So if the Studio had Tilt it would be a Cintiq and Mac Pro killer?

After seeing the unusable pieces of shit Apple's been putting out since 2015, I don't think I can be any more triggered.

Let's say for argument's sake it had more degrees of tilt and pressure levels while being cheaper than a Cintiq plus more color gamut and resolution than the best thing Apple has to offer also being cheaper.

First those doing 3d work or digital art at the level where purchasing this makes sense already own very expensive workstations and tools. They don't want an un-upgradable stylish all in one PC with mediocre specs just to get a great digitizer and screen. They want a laptop with a matching 13" digitizer for on the go and a workstation with a larger desk mounted digitizer at the office/home. The middle ground here is worthless.

Second Apple has been the most popular camera brand for pictures uploaded to the internet in the last 3 years thanks to the iPhone. They've captured the market for digital photography and practically have a cult worshipping them. A technically superior product from a competitor isn't going to change their minds or even impress them.

2015? Aren't you forgetting something?

Does not compute. Snapshits is not the same as the professional/prosumer photo market.

gee, can't wait to pay to bring a surveillance robot to my living room

I never understood the steep price tag in the Cintiq. People have been hacking together regular intuous tablets and displays with good results, for a fraction of the price.

Anyway, I'm satisfied with my 100 dollar Thinkpad X60 Tablet from ebay

Not everyone's a poor NEET like you user, some people have jobs and money.

Their newest phones are very capable cameras, they can easily compete with a typical entry level $1000 DLSR from 4-5 years ago in most areas. Microsoft saw this transition coming for awhile and came out with a ridiculous 41mp phone camera that was terrible at taking pictures trying to get a head start in this field. Meanwhile the sensor on the iPhone 7 has remained the same to the 6(12mp) for a faster capture rate, optical stabilization and better low light performance.

Trying to establish a foothold in the high end prosumer photography market is all they can do at this point and I think it's incredibly foolish of them to even try. They have no choice as Apple is on a mission to kill everything below a mid level DSLR and are succeeding. When curved sensors start appearing(2020) it's over so there's only a small window of opportunity for this strategy to work.

It's an x86 PC, dipshit. What the fuck are you shitposting on?

Nah, they'll just continue deluding themselves and talking about how stupid we are for being free. Foxes and grapes.

Good.