REKT WINDOWS?

REKT WINDOWS?

I have a question.

VERY mysterious.

If you make a folder or file called con in windows

It doesn't allow you. It's reserved for the system or something.

If you dual boot to Linux and create a folder called con on your Windows partition and then boot to Windows, what will happen? :^)

Other urls found in this thread:

superuser.com/questions/613313/why-cant-we-make-con-prn-null-folder-in-windows
twitter.com/AnonBabble

same thing as if you put a : in the folder name, nothing.

WRONG

just do this

Windows 10 fag here
It gives you a message saying the name is invalid, both in the GUI and if you try using mkdir on CMD.exe

Now, Windows 10 DOES have Bash, as in the same bash thats on Linux, as well as the ability to run native GNU/Linux programs, no, this isn't Cygwin, its Windows Subsystem for Linux, and its an official Microsoft tool.

Now, the thing is, the Bash for Windows comes with an entire Ubuntu-based toolset, its unmodified from a stock Ubuntu install, because, again, Windows can just run native Linux binaries now as long as they are 64-bit

What I am wondering is, what would happen if you just used the Linux subsystem to create the 'con' folder on the Desktop instead? Since its just the standard Linux utility for creating folders, it shouldn't give you an error when creating that directory

I would try but I'm honestly too scarred I'll fuck up my system

Doesnt allow me on WinXP SP3 x86 either, and if i try to save the file as con.jpg, say file already exist!

the jews!

works fine on windows 7.

Do it anyway faggot. You can't fuck your system up any worse than installing W10 to it.

Try these: PRN, AUX, NUL, COM1, COM2, COM3, COM4, COM5, COM6, COM7, COM8, COM9, LPT1, LPT2, LPT3, LPT4, LPT5, LPT6, LPT7, LPT8, and LPT9

I'll need to back my shit up first

Those are all names of parallel port and serial port driver files. So it looks like the kernel reserves those names. I know NT has the option of sending debug information to a serial console. Perhaps it has something to do with that?

Pretty sure miccrodicks already has all of your OS backed up on their servers.

I disabled cloud sync and removed the process entirely, mostly to trim down bloat, but thats for the concern fam

Pretty sure they are currently scanning all the files with PhotoDNA to find some good fap-material :P

Windows 10 sends information to Microsoft on average 5500 times per day.

https:// thehackernews .com /2016/02/microsoft-windows10-privacy .html

Anyone remember

c:\con\con

no you just think you did.

Meh, works fine for me

Fuck. Okay. Myth busted. Well that's disappointing. Oh well. :) Thanks guys. :3

superuser.com/questions/613313/why-cant-we-make-con-prn-null-folder-in-windows