Top contributors to linux kernel

I thought I was escaping the botnet

Linux has 20 million+ lines of code. Wonder how many backdoors are in there?

That's just the kernel. With userland programs, it's over a billion.

Any complex software with frequent churn will have a steady stream of bugs to exploit. Adversaries with skill/time or money (the state) can take over any computer connected to the internet.

You were never safe, you're just unimportant and no one gives a fuck.

it's like you've never been interjected

come on now. does this look like a man you can't trust?

Linus has publicly insinuated that some agencies asked him to put a backdoor in to Linux and he denied their request.

Torvalds attitude toward security is shit. Thankfully projects like grsecurity exist.

Now you're just being paranoid and engaging in FUD. All the software, except some blob firmware, is open and vetted. If you are Stallman level paranoid then just don't use blobs.

Really you should be using one of the four BSDs though.

Not really, the bulk of the code in the kernel comes from drivers, many of them from shit vendors with shit code that reluctantly accepted in tree. Linux drivers are modular which means unless you need the driver, it won't be loaded. 85% of the code will never be executed on your machine.

It's not only that but :

why would microsoft contribute code to linux?

I searched for "Microsoft Corporation." in linux's git. They mostly contribute to Hyper-V support code. It's so people can run Linux guests from within Microsoft virtualization hypervisor, Hyper-V.

They want people to run linux on windows instead of linux on linux.

Linux is gay, it cant run Overwatch

Games are for manchildren.

and especially Overshit

at least on Microsoft Windows, you can have firewall that will block backdoors and viruses from connecting to internet
on linux shit you don't have a single firewall

Even if he refused, he is just one of developers. How many linux developers we have? Are you sure 100% of them refused?

How can you be this retarded?

iptables?

The one saving grace about Linux is that you can re-roll your own custom kernel, and trim it down, and harden it. And no one can stop you. But yes. Torvalds is an old woman, and Linux is pure shit on security.

That's probably why it's used on virtually every web server…
"What is foss?" - Jim

Stallman is a Jew, everybody at the Free Software Foundation is Jewish, Linux is truly the OS JEW.

Windows sucks, but its OUR Goy software at the very least.

Linux is insecure as fuck. You can even look up a list of currently pending for mainline patches for privilege escalation exploits. Linux is good for security research for its modular nature, but most security researchers will tell you BSD is much more secure

The problem is GNU isn't made to be hardened, it's made to be modular, GNU/Linux is pretty much duct taped together

So what you are telling me is that Linux is a honeypot OS for the skilled people?

You can always try OpenBSD. Hardware support is more limited than Linux though. If you have a recent laptop, it's a crapshoot. You might get lucky, or maybe not…

That's because the Linux people have all been jedi mind-tricked.

At least one for every cia nigger's asshole.

When you provide evidence that a mainline Linux distro is dialing home without permission when connected to the Internet, then I'll be concerned.

You mean besides Ubuntu, right?