Why did they leave out the Scouring of the Shire?

Why did they leave out the Scouring of the Shire?

The films could have been edited better after fellowship. Especially ROTK could have edited some things out and left this in

Hobbits having a silly little anti-industrialization skirmish after the Ring was destroyed, Sauron was defeated and the king crowned would have fucked up the pacing even more than it already was.

Christopher Lee was old so they didn't want too many scenes with him, just in case.

(checked)
Did he get younger since then?

scouring of the Shire is the most important part of Return of the King tbh.

Did you really need ANOTHER ending?

quiet, Sharky

Of the book, yes, but in the movie it would have been hundred midgets fighting some ruffians and Saruman being inexplicably from a ruler of a scary tower to random petty meanie.

well, he died

think about it. the hobbits go on such a long journey, the ring is destroyed, and they come home to find evil will always exist and anyone is capable of it. the party tree being cut finally makes Samwise break. Frodo doesn't fight like Sam, Pippin, and Merry does, to keep the other hobbits from killing those who surrendered from their wrath. The hobbits and the Shire itself used as a symbol of humility throughout the tale, still capable of being corrupted. it's heartbreaking really.

Did you miss the part Gandalf revoked his wizard club membership?

Again in the book. In the movie Saruman's degeneration would have been confusing.

gg no re

well of course, Frodo is the weakest of the four hobbits. Samwise will always be the bad ass. he even plans to finish the quest himself when he thinks Shelob kills Frodo, but then willingly and freely gives the ring back to Frodo when Sam finds Frodo alive. Samwise is always the real hero.

Well, I think Frodo was the only mortal to cast any spells (invoking Elbereth and using the Ring to curse/bind Gollum) in the book, so there's that. He just mopes particularly hard after the debacle, even though everyone else had rough time too.

eh, Frodo being mopey and shit never really bothered me. It was a reasonable perspective after the events. When Frodo and Pippin argues about what to do about the Shire Frodo expresses that he is tired of death and Pippin tells him, "you won't free the Shire by being shocked and sad". They're both fair viewpoints.

er, I meant to add even if I agree with Pippin more. I understand Frodo's point of view either way.

It screws up the pacing.
The crowning of Aragon was the pinnacle. Can't have a bunch of hobbits ruin that with roping Saruman.

And please don't give Jew Jew any ideas.

they're probably going to make a trilogy about it now

the pacing is already terrible after fellowship. someone make 2 hr cuts of TTT and ROTK

It would come out of nowhere in the movies. In the book, there's actually foreshadowing: Elrond at the Council, then Sam's vision in the Mirror of Galadriel, then Meey and Pippin finding weed from the Shire in Isengard. None of those were shown in the movies.

Saruman was killed in the extended cut. This was how the revelation of Sir Christopher Lee stabbing Nazis in WW2 came to fruition, he was part of something called "the ministry of un-gentlemanly warfare". Theatrical cut just has him down and defeated, and reduced to an old fart living out his days in his tower.

Also someone correct me if I'm wrong, but was Saruman human, or a hiding maia like Gandalf?

He only directs scifi, a cuck like him wouldn't last two days in fantasy.

A Maia like Gandalf. Plus Radagast and the two Blue twin wizards who were never shown.

Oy vey, are you insinuating I can't ruin a fantasy franchise for profit and social justice? We'll see about that, goy!

But I thought both of those were shown in the movies.

Maybe my reading comprehension is bad but what does

have to do with you the rest of your post? how does that effect his death scene?

They were in the extended cuts, I don't know if the user is talking about the theatrical or not and if it was cut out in that as I have only seen the extended.

I vividly remember seeing the mirror of Galadriel vision in theaters when Fellowship came out, but I'm not sure about the pipe weed scene.

Rhe mirror scene I think was on the movie, yes, my mistake. The other two weren't.

The real reason why the elves """invite""" Frodo is because they were removing the last traces of the ring from Middle Earth, or the last people who had held the ring, Frodo, Bilbo and Gandalf.

Unknown to them they forgot Sam.

You never saw the bts of rotk did you? Lee explains for that scene that he had to correct Hackson on what it was like when you got stabbed.

Anyway, both scenes explain why there's no sacking of the Shire later on, though I think it could still have happened, and the later Shire scenes are post-assault.

He became one with the Saxon Men.

So when are they going to adapt The Silmarillion and butcher it?

Why live?

Once Cristopher Tolkien dies, then his sons inherit the rights for Tolkien's works… the Jews are already alert.

Why is return of the king so shit compared to the other two movies?

Even the sets look much worse, like the budget ran out. They are running around these bloom covered styrofoam sets and it just looks awful.

Checked but return is second best

According to kikewood gossip it will be the next HBO "masterpiece" after they're done with game of thrones.

Why did they leave out Old Forest and Barrow Downs and Glorfindel?

The only glimpse you see of that is when Frodo looks in the birdbath in Fellowship and sees the "future" of what happens when he fails. So it was retconned as just a bad ending.

lot of shit was left out, retard
that's what happens when you make movies based on books

Source?

Same reason they took out Tom Bombadil. It would have made the movie an hour longer.