Fuck Springsteen

If who the president is determines whether you are proud to be an American or not, then you have no business calling yourself an American.

True Americans are proud of being Americans not because of who is the president, but because of what we stand for as a nation as reflected in our Constitution. NOT because of how well we live up to those ideals, because we all fall short of meeting them in some way and at some point, but because they are ideals which we all believe in.

That is the thing about basing a nation on ideals…they are *ideals*–unattainable goals which we strive to achieve knowing that we can never perfectly do so. Trying anyway, even though we may not all agree on the road to take to get there, is what it is to be an American.

Bruce Springsteen owes this country an apology for misrepresenting what it is to be an American to the world.

On behalf of all Americans, I apologize to Australia for inflicting our political struggles upon you through one of our ignorant celebrities who was supposed to be down there entertaining you, rather than embarrassing himself and our country by talking utter crap.

his point is valid, the USA is a democracy©
if the majority of people voted for someone you don't approve you have the right to be embarrassed of your country.

has nothing to do about Trump or anyone.
this is just basic logic.

No, logically speaking you should be embarrassed of your countrymen, not your country. That is exactly the error that he made, and which you blindly followed in making. OP's comment is not only valid, but well put. BS was out of line and he made an ass of himself. Again.

(((Springsteen)))

by this reasoning, whoever becomes president is by definition a source of pride for all non-traitorous americans. does this imply you would be proud of hilary fucking clinton if the popular vote had prevailed? no it doesn't.
just what is wrong with the america that it produces a herd of donkeys from the finest human stock, the most money and the greatest freedom? can you explain that to a confused euroanon? how come your stupidity extends to posting on this pustule of a site? i just don't get it.

is every name jewish now?

Enjoy your daily raping by mohammad.

False. The USA is a republic.

Not the boss

found OP's bumper

What you don't get is the distinction between the country, its people, and its leader. When you say you are not proud of your country, that is different than saying that you are not proud of its people or its leader. It is saying that you are not proud of what your country stands for fundamentally. You can be embarrassed by the people who elected Trump, you can be embarrassed by Trump and his actions, and that is fine if you are. But to say that you are embarrassed to be an American is something totally different than that. To say that you are embarrassed to be an American is to say that you are embarrassed to be identified as holding certain values as set forth in the Constitution.

Thanks.

It's downright amazing how complete and total the brainwashing of all the celebrities is. And any who might've resisted the brainwashing are kept in line by putting their career in jeopardy. Hollywood and the media really have their bases covered.

I am proud to be an American.
I am proud that we allow even the most profoundly retarded individuals to stand up in public and tell the world what they think. It speaks volumes for Australia that they allow the same thing.

Now I'm curious, are there even any right wingers/neutrals in the music industry?

I automatically assume he would rather live in like Cuntistan or something where he would have less rights than he has here. You know, someplace where the "president" is picked for you and you will like it (OR ELSE). But at least it'd have diversity (read: less white people)! Fucking first world problems, this asshole should be glad we live in a country where we can PICK a leader that we have the RIGHT to either hate or love but no, WAAAAH I DON'T LIKE HIM FUCK 'MERICA NOT MY PRESIDENT HE WILL NOT DIVIDE US WAAAH!!!!

In the music industry, I don't know. That industry is pretty thoroughly pozzed.
But I do know that in the tv and film industry there are a handful of right wingers/centrists, but they are kept on a short leash. I recently read about some woman who had two of her contracts with separate studios canceled. The reason being was because she said that people should give Trump a chance to succeed. Totally reasonable and rational, but the left will not tolerate dissent.

fuck you, bigot

wasn't "born in the USA" already satirical?

I guess I'm not a real American either. During Obama's presidency: I hated what he shaped America into and I was ashamed to be a part of it because he stripped us of our dignity. And what good is pride when you have no dignity?

With Trump, however, he's been restoring quite a bit of our dignity by withdrawing us from the TPP deal, just for example. With that: I am now warming up to the idea of being a proud American.