Nostalgia Thread

Let the good memories of your childhood roll back in and talk/discuss about that fondness here. Comfy movies are also allowed.

And thanks to whatever turbo autist mod deleted half the board with the older comfy thread in it. Do you want people to leave?

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/b/res/6138276.html#q6138276
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Mate the mod that freaked out has been kicked. Chalk it up to autism.

Kicked isn't good enough, anyone who manages to delete half of a board should be permabanned.

already done all we can do now is rebuild

He's a ban evader, yo. Not really much to be done except keep an eye out and report him if you see him

As for good memories, I didn't actually watch Jem a lot as a kid, but watching it these days, it's got all that absurdity that I love from G.I.Joe and Transformers. I could relax and watch random episodes most any day.

We could always dox and pay him The Old Surprise Visit.

Iron Giant is fucking shit. Prove me wrong.

No, because you're already wrong.

Iron giant is good. Prove me wrong.

damn

How the fuck did a turbosperg like that get BO access in the first place? What the fuck, man? The last time I saw bullshit that destructive was when Holla Forums spam-bombed /tg/'s entire catalog out of existence because their BO was MIA

She-Ra was going to be a shitty girls' cartoon, like Barbie, with villains with hair and beauty-themed powers. But then they inherited all the really hardcore villains they had planned for the cancelled last series of He-Man, and suddenly it got a whole lot more interesting, now that Hordac was menacing wimpy She-Ra and her SWORD THAT TURNS INTO A ROPE.

This is way past my birth, but it does feel from a bygone era. Back when entertainment could be just corny and sincere.

were they trying to rip off wonder woman.

Honestly it reminds me of all those old 70's Hana Barbara shows they used to run on Cartoon Network when I was a kid. Granted they were before my time but I just appreciate the funness of those shows. I got a film that is pretty comfy.

He mass spammed the BO asking for the position, using multiple emails. Holla Forums needed more volunteers and the last guy promoted before the turbo autist turned out great

Hell I think I remember seeing an old Thanksgiving special on there in the HanaBarbara style as well. It had this Pilgrim kid and Native American kid working together to save Thanksgiving or something.

Now I'm reminded of this show's existence. Like pretty much everything Archie related though I only have vague memories of it due it it being so bland and forgettable.

The West doesn't do comfy quite as well as Japan. Cute Girls Doing Cute Things hasn't really caught on here as a genre.

I had this on video cassette and I'd watch it every halloween
I think this is what gave me my mother fetish and partial fur fetishism

Just like the intro song says, Jem is truly outrageous. What other show has a girl in a love triangle with her boyfriend and herself?

I remember that special, too. I think it also had talking mice in it or something.

>I didn't finish my homework because video games I didn't get to watch it

Well the autist clearly knows how to use a proxy, so permabanning him doesn't mean shit.

He's retardedly easy to spot though, so when you see him just report his ass as "Powergirl autsit" and then hide his posts.

How?

Actually it was just one email. Either beyonder is a fucking moron or I was one of the only people that applied. That or he has REALLY bad luck.

And for the record I'm not actually an autist, this is just shitposting.

Yeah I mean, I'm not sure what you're trying to suggest here. If I were just some kind of anti-jojo sperg I don't see why I'd have a month-old board dedicated to trolling.

This isn't even the first time I've taken credit for my work.

I remember watching Archie's Funhouse once and it was just all dad jokes. Yet I couldn't stop watching. It was so weird seeing an animated show be so lighthearted.

Wasn't your Power Girl thread 2 months ago?

Yet you come back and try to save face.
Have a sad cum and a hide, bby.

What do you mean by that?

He means he has some sort of sissy fetish, user.

good work user

haha fag

Okay, I admit, that's pretty spooky, but you're all talk.

You wouldn't dare!

i'll post whatever i can remember, starting with sesame street stories

Speaking of Iron Giant, does anyone remember when Cartoon Network played that movie back to back for a full day? I think they even played it when Adult Swim was supposed to come on.

Anyone know what the fuck was up with that? I remember it being like some kind of awful fever dream, I had absolutely nothing to watch. The first and second times I watched it was okay, but it became too fucking much very quickly. Did CN have some major technical difficulties and just play Iron Giant while they fixed it?

this movie also has a surprisingly good soundtrack if anyone cares to look it up

Was that always there?

You even try to hide your true feelings now, PGA?

Naw, he got banned a bit ago and then came back with this really homoerotic threats.

Power
Girl
Autist

Oh, he knows. That's why he's here, he's addicted to saving face, even when he's anonymous

i like how this thread has devolved into almost nobody talking about nostalgia anymore
9/11 high quality thread

This would've been sad if it wasn't so funny.

He fucked up a story time of a few Power Girl comic issues a few months ago while taunting JoJo fans at the same time, then he got extremely butthurt that they hijacked his shit thread, and plotted to destroy the board ever since.

I can't believe he said all that gay stuff and is not pretending it wasn't him? I guess I'll report it and see if all his posts get deleted.

can you turboniggers just shut your fucking whore mouths and let the thread return to the topic? holy shit…

>>>Holla Forums458417

i made this for you and your fuck buddies. go ahead and feel free to use it

8ch.net/b/res/6138276.html#q6138276

I don't see HighJinx in there, your containment thread is broke.

maybe if you stand there and helicopter your dick, he'll show up

I don't know if it's already been posted, but An American Tail pulls deep at my nostalgia strings. I grew up watching this pretty regularly.

Whoa, what the fuck

Makes you wonder how many people came down with a tentacle fetish after seeing that.

alright I don't want the fucking position but if BO needs mods I'll fucking volunteer, what the fuck do I need to do?

Nice try HighJinx

HighJinx would already know how to apply

also I think the last time I checked the IRC he wasn't there becasue people were pestering him to become volunteers

He's still in that thread. Damage controlling

Literally the jews promoting prostitution.

Can we actually talk about nostalgia shit instead of giving the PGA what he wants by not staying on topic?

I remember Saturday morning cartoons. There were so many different series, sci-fi, fantasy, each with its own catchy 80s theme song. There was such an outpouring of imagination, so many different possible worlds you could see when you turned on the TV.

There were action cartoons. Cartoons actually targeted at boys, about manly men fighting for good against evil. You don't see that any more. We had cartoons set in space, in the past, in alternate histories, in imaginary worlds.

Very few of the series were popular enough to get more than one or two seasons, so we got this constant stream of new worlds, new promises of potential that would never be realized.

I loved it. Sure, a lot of those cartoons were crummy. But there was a kind of magic and inventiveness there that's gone today. And it's something we're never getting back.

blam nigga

who remembers?

Yeah I remember that. I think it was on 4kids. I'd only be there to watch Kirby Right Back at Ya and sometimes I'd watch whatever was before or after, although I don't remember it all too well.

Wrestling was really popular then, wasn't it? That and Mucha Lucha. Masked wrestler tropes in other cartoons. I remember a lot of commercials for wrestler toys too. Damn, I wonder what it'd be like if Scooby-Doo Wrestlemania came out back then.

A gutbusting dub, yesss.

WHAT

You know how they had a Scooby Doo series that ran in an hour-long timeslot and had guest stars like Don Knots, Batman, and The Addams Family?

They started doing something like that again with guest stars like KISS and the WWE.

Really? No one remembers this?

Hi, /x here! It seems that you've come across what we call the Mandela effect!

Memories…

I remember it. I remember being pissed off that they'd taken all the other shows off the air that day. I actually started to hate the movie until I watched it again when I was older.

Basically both pop culture icons obsessed with self-promotional licensing

Speaking of weird shit like this, does anyone remember when Toonami or maybe CN was playing an episode of Digimon and for some reason the video cut to some crude drawings of what was happening, while the sound remained.

The only explanation I can think of is that they had technical difficulties and whoever was on hand was desparately drawing pictures and putting them on the screen to try and compensate.

I like where this thread is going.

good song fam.

I vaguely remember this on 4kids along with Yu Gi Oh Beyblade and stuff like that.

It was an actual-charting single