Gamergate

Holla Forums, can I get a comprehensive timeline on the events of Gamergate? I was deployed while it happened, and I never really got up to speed on it - But I feel like it's very important to know the history, and I'd like to discuss it with Holla Forums. Anyone care to fill me in?

inb4 'HURR HURR HURRRRRRRR DU UR OWN RESEARCH FAGIT LOL'

Other urls found in this thread:

thisisvideogames.com/gamergatewiki/index.php?title=Timeline/Full
google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjzr7Tw1_PNAhVJDsAKHbR_ASIQFggcMAA&url=https://encyclopediadramatica.se/GamerGate&usg=AFQjCNFhyUDRlcHSHvpTSSqq9Q_v_QHw8g&bvm=bv.127178174,d.ZGg
reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/
youtu.be/62euQFWuQGc
theironpill.tumblr.com/post/88928988716/the-iron-pill-episode-1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Namefagging trannies always subvert these things. That's all you need to know.

thisisvideogames.com/gamergatewiki/index.php?title=Timeline/Full

there u go user.

No.

Go to /gg/ or plebbit.

Sage negated.

Thanks, I'll give it a read.

meh

kek

Only the threads on Holla Forums are still active so to speak. As for OP just read Know Your Meme for the basics.

there's really nothing to say about it, other than Gawker may finally get closed down

coming from somebody who used to follow it, i can't think of anything worth saying about it

You got your answer now stop bumping a slide thread faggot.

That should about some things up.

Sage

google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjzr7Tw1_PNAhVJDsAKHbR_ASIQFggcMAA&url=https://encyclopediadramatica.se/GamerGate&usg=AFQjCNFhyUDRlcHSHvpTSSqq9Q_v_QHw8g&bvm=bv.127178174,d.ZGg

Just go to the Holla Forums GG thread for a list of links in their OP. You won't have much luck talking about GG on Holla Forums after they got bogged down in never ending PR in a war against the media and started cutting off their own limbs as a sign of virtue (aka, threw Holla Forums under the bus).

If there's anything to take away in regards to current non-gaming events, know that GG was a reason many anons got a serious foothold in social media and have accelerated the distribution of important material.

Holla Forums did good things at first and then faggots and Redditors wanted to PR cuck so it slowly died.

Eat shit.

it's really not that significant other than the fact that it made fuck loads of typical pozzed liberal gamers realize that perhaps, perhaps, they're being lied to every time they turn on the news

which is itself important, but other than that, didn't accomplish much other than give me much better games news sites to read

Kill yourself

Die in a grease fire

This for the most part for me. I always knew media lies and twists, but it never happened to me personally, so when it did and in such grandiose way, what else to do but see where else you're lied to.

Get aids

Jesus in heaven (((you people)) are out in force today. Don't you have a goat to sacrifice or something?

Told you, OP. Lot of asshurt when GG is brought up here.

There is no ((())) about it nigger. Material on gg is everywhere. It's over. Gamers lost as was expected and it did them good. Now fuck off.

This is some autist throwing a temper tantrum, not much more.

sage

That's it in a nutshell.

Kill yourself

Go somewhere else, Moshe. Reported.

Plebbit is back the way you came, friend.

Le sage

I remember one of the "e-celebs" who for some reason had a large following "quit gamergate" when she saw that one GG "supporter" wanted Trump to be president. Hilarious shit.

Yeah I wonder who's the Jew suppressing information here.

Has the gaming community recovered from this, or is it still pozzed up?

It's the same faggot, just report him so the mods take him out of our misery.

Gamergate wasn't responsible for gawker going bankrupt, you faggot.

Hulkster killed gawker. All GG did was make Anita famous and stand up for trannys

You left out the part where (((she))) was connected to DIRPA DARPA whatever it's called.

Also the big UN connection too.

I remember the Hulkster one. Good lord.

I guess my question now is, how do we prevent things like this in the future, or be better prepared for them?

Have some sage

Trannies with the help of govt agencies and thirsty beta's ruined the previously male-dominated hobby of playing video games. They also convinced females to hop on the train. Now most major gaming companies cater to these fuck-ups and the industry has noticeably declined in terms of entertainment value.

Govt got involved because of the attack on free speech. Go try joining any major online multiplayer games and speak freely and you get permanently banned. Gamers are so cucked they don't even pay for games anymore they pay for access to some faggot's license. Gaming deserves to die.

As for the journalist aspect of it, all that is homo-kike bullshit trying to infiltrate the scene. There shouldn't be a thing called gaming journalism to begin with. All pathetic retards involved.

No, but the corruption and poz is blatantly obvious nowadays, gaming journalism's credibility is now destroyed

It also spread to other forms of jornalism, pic related, also seen other journalism sites calling GG a harassment campaign against women.

/Thread

Sage

GG inserted the term SJW into the mainstream, gave rise to many ecelebs who taunts SJWs, made many existing sites insert ethics policies (lol), we got some new gaming news sites which are less pozzed than the main ones.

Industry is still pozzed. The journos are still there but I'd say way more people distrust them now than before. Better than nothing I guess.

Well video game journalism is still pozzed to shit, in the end their strategy of shaming their opponent with buzzwords worked.

And video game developers have to listen to these journalists to get free advertising.

So get ready for Call of Duty 17 where you play as a black pansexual HIV-positive quadriplegic midget trying to save the world against the white cis-het able-bodied scum.

That's good.

That's bad. Why haven't we tried to set up a counter narrative too all this bullshit yet?

I'm not just talking about GG, I mean in general - SJWs, homos, everything that's going on. What are we doing to fight it?

Here is my blog post.

When GG started I was living with a lesbian SJW who I also fucked.
My days where

8/pol/ ofc

Just ban all the fucking losers who bring it up.

Well obviously that works here, but what about places where we're not in power yet?

its not. go away

OP, post proof you were in the military

Also, thank you for your service o7

bait

This, pretty much.
The most important facet of Gamergate, and probably why the movement died down, was the discovery by gamers of just how corrupt the media in general was.

Stage 1: "Oh no, this one segment of the gaming press is corrupt! We must tell the world!"

Stage 2: "Pretty much the entire gaming press is attacking us and telling lies! The whole thing is corrupt! I can't wait for the REAL news organizations to hear about this and blow the lid off all these lies and conspiracies!"

Stage 3: "What?! All the 'real' news organizations are repeating the feminist lies instead of reporting the truth?! Is the ENTIRE news media devoted to pushing a narrative?"

Stage 4: "Y'know what, video games seem a lot less important now."

Gamergate was just one battle in an ongoing culture war, and its most significant achievement was making a lot of basement dwellers aware that the culture war even existed.

Not entirely. The shift in the other direction is happening, although it's part of the larger movement away from SJWism in general as people realize how useless and annoying these people are.

The problem isn't so much that companies need the gaming press for their advertising (they don't - Youtube has made them completely irrelevant), but that "localization" and community management departments are bloated with SJWs who hire their friends and influence the direction of the company. Nobody is buying their games, though, so this problem is fixing itself.

Meanwhile, Playasia, PQube and XSeed are being shitlords and selling lots of games, gradually proving to the world that the narrative is bullshit.

The collapse of the SJW-dominated video game companies is just part of the larger, massive movement toward sanity, along with President Trump and the inevitable Ghostbusters flop. Once (((executives))) realize that the SJWs they are pandering to don't actually spend money, things will change quickly.

Do you understand what bait is?

No thanks.

I was never in combat, wasn't even a combat role, just did a lot of manual labor and cleaning. So I guess you're welcome, but I was a glorified janitor.

It still splits the community right through, and has been mentioned the biases of the "reporters" has become as obvious as it can get. I think that the anger from this whole shebang is still simmering, and will explode again when a large enough spark reaches the powder.

Yes, Gamergate was hijacked by virtue signalling faggots(literally). Yes, the vast majority of GG supporters were blue-pilled cucks that thought they could PR their way to victory in their tiny corner of the world and ignore the wider culture war happening all around them and impacting them much harder in other, more meaningful aspects of their lives.

It still was a fantastic babbies first redpill. Thousands of people opened their eyes for the first time and got started on journey of understanding. Tens of thousands more got to fight SJWs their way and failed spectacularly, but in an arena that ultimately wasn't that meaningful. Those people are defeated but that defeat festers . It ferments, grows, boils within them and in that process changes them as well. More and more come around to our point of view each day. So yes, Gamergate was futile and did not achieve what it set out to do. In fact it failed miserably. It's still an event of tremendous value to Holla Forums, a first redpill to many.

We'd also still be on 4ckucks if it weren't for GG so even if you disagree with all I said you should be happy it happened.

Again though, how can we be better prepared to fight and win these battles in the future?

Just ban anyone who brings anything like it up and we won't have to fight that sort of degenerate battle again.

Keep the faggots out, both the literal fags and the MUH PR fags. Also, preventing shills from infiltrating and inserting themselves into leadership roles should always be a high priority, though I think that should go without saying.

Gamergate was useful in turning a huge number of otherwise wholly apathetic or specialsnowflakeanarcholeftism people right-wing. Up till then your typical nerd just thought feminism was about giving women equal pay or some innocuous shit. Gamergate was important because, like a vaccine against a virus, it inoculated people against the premature memes of Leftism. It populised 'SJW' as a term and reduced those the label was invented for to laughing stocks. And all the leftypol type 'moderate' commies were forced to fuck off or pick the right side. Leftism's hold over Nerdom was broken for good. Nobody but autists really cared for 'efficks in viday', we won the cultural battle.

lel, this is what happens when you let faggots think a hashtag is an identity or movement. They stopped being user and gave their real info, that's why they were so worried about PR. There's no way a bunch of random people will win a PR war against mainstream media. The loudest started worrying about how they were depicted instead of getting the info out there.

Also, I remember lots of e-celebs started e-begging or tried to make their followers to throw cash at useless charities for the sake of PR. Then getting buttmad when called out on how retarded they were and say GG has become bad (because people don't give them cash) and leave while saying gaming media was right.

you start by telling the morons on social media that they don't need to give their real info. otherwise they will get paranoid about PR which leads to wasted efforts and poisoning the well thanks to muh progressive acceptance.

It all went downhill when people decided to stop being anons and decided to be "pro-gg", they were too busy defending their identity to get the real info out there. The main issue was that everything was fucked by left-wing gaming and traditional media trying to push their progressive agenda. They focused too much on their stupid hashtag, became an easy target and ended up unable to spread the truth about gaming media and media in general.

I think you can't. you can have a prepared group of user doing the hard work, but as time passes you will have the group of user + normies, normies who will fuck it up because they're good goys who are used to giving in to political correctness. maybe if trump wins the norm will change and people will be more willing to say no to progressives, that would help a lot. So regarding GG, as other anons have mentioned, the culture war started a long time ago, it just raised awareness about how fucked up everything is.

If GamerGate had recognized it wasn't a "muh ethickz in jurnuralism" issue but a Cultural Marxism issue, the Overton Window could've been shifted long before Trump came into the picture.

They naively thought they could change the controlled media's truth spinning and marketing attacks through civil discourse without realizing (((who))) actually controls the media and why they're attacking. Instead they kept whores like Literally Who and John Flynt more relevant than they should have been, and kept that nu-male puppet Anita afloat on Patreon dollerydoos.

I always lol when autismos rage about "PR" as though justifying all the complaints that the SJWs made wouldn't have gotten the fucking Internet shut down.

GamerGate only lasted as long as it did because the SJWs had no real evidence of all the shit they claimed we did to them.

If we went out and actually harassed them like they said we were, giving them physical evidence to base their hutpieces on, it would have been over in a week.

But yeah no we didn't immediately start murdering trannies so the whole movement was pozzed.

You forget that GamerGate gave literally nothing to the Literally Who's.

The LWs fabricated bullshit to keep themselves in the limelight, like Anita's "bomb threats" or Johnny Flynt saying he had to flee from his home when he never actually fucking left.

They would have done that and got the same response regardless of what GamerGate actually did.

The gaming community has never really been that bad, it's only ever really been the media and the indie game industry.

Those involved in the 'indie' game industry (versus independent game industry) saw little reason to buck against the trends because most of them are just hipsters trying to ingratiate themselves into a system that had been working for them for years.

But a major plus of GamerGate was that it promoted an alternative narrative over social media, web forums, and helps create new media personalities. Many of those against GG actually lament how those that hate SJWs seem to dwarf the anti side now over youtube and various comment sections unless they get censored.

So GG ended up being a major plus as it put a light on just how bad media manipulation was for a large number of gamers who are prolific internet users that get their ideas to dominate over social media spaces.

This was a major goal with many people initially interested in GG to simply put out what the truth of the matter was to help defame the other side, but then you had guys like Jim/IA/MM that got upset over being laughed at themselves that felt like they needed to abandon ship.

The whole scandal has also been a fantastic bellwether for recognizing how pozzed up some individuals are. Like Patton Oswalt, Graham Linehan, and Maddox all revealing themselves to be as cucked as humanly imaginable as they ranted about GG talking points. GG acted as a fantastic way to tell whether someone was plainly against cultural Marxist crap or not by just getting a few opinions about the scandal from them.

You have to kill the remnants of the last one, not let it morph into a reddit owned poz fest like the board owner did on Holla Forums by being the biggest faggot alive and banning red pilled people who didn't give a fuck about games journalism as they weren't retarded.

Games Journalism was the excuse to blow the shit up in a Cult Marx controlled theatre, these autists actually cared about it.

no its affirmative action hiring and shitty mediocre AAA titles that are "cinematic" appeal to no one specifally that studios get to make because idiots who dont know a decent game from there ass buy them and theres an industry of inept idiots who gladly suck the cock of every big name AAA game

Fuck off shemale

The irony is though, far from being tools of misogynistic brainwashing, vidya and chan culture in general, kept a group of males with racist, sexist and otherwise politically fringe beliefs docile in a silicon fantasy. A deadening of the male instincts. Yet feminists still thought it would be wise chasing people who had specifically hid away from the big bad world and ruining their escape outlets.

In their arrogance and tactical myopia social justice ended up giving the internet far-right its biggest recruitment campaign.

you didn't mention how this whole thing started because of trannies.

check em

also holly shit

trannies started the poz

but studios began making games around blowing focus groups in the early 2000s,

you ever notice how certain game franchises that didnt take themselves seriously became desperately edgy around 2002? GTA3 started to influence the production of games not even related to them, go look at the difference between Jak and Daxter and the sequels, he ends up getting a fucking gun because the developers couldnt take their heads out of their asses to realize they shouldnt develop around 10 year olds trying to be edgemasters, but no, the trend continued where game developers cater to watever pack of retards scream the loudest

That's if they even HAD money to spend in the first place, never lose sight of the fact that forcing others to entertain and participate in their delusions plays an absolutely a vital role in their worldviews

nin ses wew

uwaaaaaeee did. did.

It is DiGRA, which Holla Forumsacks discovered was actually connected to DARPA research on social engineering.

Basically the entire SJWs invading video games was a giant experiment to see how populations can be controlled with information manipulation, but this time with a new medium and generation.

GO HERE:

reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/

and ask them

We made it into a very important vector of attack against SJW/cultural marxist scum. If Trump wins, institutions like DiGRA and media outlets will have more on their hands than ever as their power progressively weakens.

Kill it with fucking fire. She said nothing like that.

Goyimergate is a meme.

>>>Holla Forums773001

Thought I removed the 'res' part.

No doubt that Gamergate along with the 2016 elections and 8ch's general anti-PC attacks have attracted a glut of shills to shit up the boards and cause derailments & infighting. I feel as if r/SRS themselves post here on occasion.

This.

Essentially it was unintentionally subverted by pro GG naieve/gullible libucks and intentionally subverted by Jew bastards and white useful idiots of the Jews and destroyed from within.

At least Gawker was effectively rekt in the process though.

sage
fuck off NY Times

A few core addendums

Something else that was interesting and might prove useful is some insight on their MO in that area.

First of all the SA indie scene seems to share it's scene with the SA game journos, and they have this enormous rainbow-haired hipster faggot clique going where everyone fucks everyone, and I really mean everyone, there's casting couches everywhere devs and pr agents handing out sexual favors like candy.

Then the core of it seems to be rooted in corruption. And I really mean targetedly applied corruption. The agreements that devs make with publishers are made by their pr companies, which have under-the-table connections with both, those pr companies are where (((academia))) sends their people to, and they use a more targeted version of replacement theory. One of the more blatant examples of where it came out and for once didn't work was that shitstorm that Silverstring kicked up because Giantbomb wouldn't hire a tranny who's experience in journalism is limited to writing an obscure, miserably edited personal blog about feminism and sexism on the internet. And even for a feminism blog, it's bottom-tier. The name he gives himself is Catherine cross, I forgot what his real name was.

The activists in those pr companies will also actively sabotage business partners for political purposes, as seen with XSeed and I think Techraptr. Short version on that story was that actually it wasn't in XSeed's interest at all, but a strongarmed move by a pr company called OnePR, who's other customers happen to be politically opposed competitors of Techraptr.

Woah impressive.

What is this iron pill?

A feminist slept around
An autist got butthurt and outed her for corruption with (((games journalists)))
(((Games journalists))) outed themselves as universally corrupt by rallying around the known corrupt.
Internet Aristocrat made a youtube video
Autists said (((no leaders))), allowing retards to rally around ecelebs.
Reddit replaced traditionalist Internet Aristocrat leader with a bunch of obese feminist women (and trannies and niggers) so that they could hide behind their skirts and say look we're not wayciss or segsiss.
Nothing interesting happened after this, but gamergate is still around I guess as a subcommunity of the autistic egalitarians and libertardians who worship trannies and feminists.

It was weird seeing how quickly the bs narrative got picked up by msm and unquestioningly promoted.
I went from GG to the Jewish Question in about sixth months, so there's that. I know there are other anons on here that have done the same.

Also a combination of Gamergate and the Hulk Hogan case has killed Gawker.

The pozzing of Github did probably more, as many, many tech enthusiasts suddenly saw the laser sharp light too. (PyCon shit and the other incident I forgot)

A "oh shit that could be me" is never without consequences.

In the end it is state law, force and violence which wins.

Gamergate was a mass redpilling event, whatever else. The stakes were low, but it was the most perfect example of the corruption of the media and communications platforms, and the corrupting nature of cultural marxism.

I agree that it was an important contemporary history event. Not because of anything accomplished in the gaming community, but because it shone the light on the culture war that had been lurking in the shadows until then.

I'll agree with that. I noticed also that when the censorship started in video games and people could be banned for opinions or words is when it started spreading like wildfire to every media outlet around. That indicates they were planning to implement systems where that would even be possible for years and had R&D assisted with govt.

This wasn't a bunch of faggots on a goal to ruin gaming this is way bigger than that. Companies are forcing a direction that obviously is going to be harmful yet they still believe the results will be positive for them, indicating they dont want millions of people on games anymore. Only reason I can think for that is war, no bullshit.

Whatever happens we need to make sure the people who ruined video games are found and crucified during that war. Keep track if they run off to some Asiatic country.

Why is it that every thread real discussion starts happening on gets anchored?

People have raised doubts on Imkampfy
and therealmoonman's mod abilities

>>>/politics/28063

*fuck*

there has gotta be a tranny mod

fuck the mods for anchoring this

gamergate was a union between Holla Forums + Holla Forums

it redpilled so many people on the hidden culture war, made the term SJW mainstream, got people to question news websites (not just TV news), and it has the Jews so scared they're still blaming everything bad on it

youtu.be/62euQFWuQGc

Shills just shilling it up.

Go to /gghq/ and read up on DIAGRA and the shill ear that has gone on, all the downsagefags have been shills attacking gamergate from uncoverjng the truth that the gov is wanting to use games as a way of brainwsshing children and is using common corr and SJWs to do it.

I thought the Iron piill was
Turns our it was a real effective tool. Laughter turned into sadness then pride. I remember going to the shops to afterwards and I felt myself walk more upright, I had Pride in my race and did not want to bring shame down upon it. I lost 1/3 of my body weight and can squat 1.5 times my bodyweight.

The Iron pill man, that twink fanfic really saved me.

theironpill.tumblr.com/post/88928988716/the-iron-pill-episode-1

This is gonna sound like chest beating, but I was never a victim of the white guilt bullshit. I remember, because I'm Polish, some girl in middle school tried to apologize to me for WW2. I told her she was stupid, and I told her why. I think my exact reasoning was 'Were you alive during WW2? No. Do you hate Polish people? No. Do you plan on invading Poland? No. So what the fuck are you apologizing for?'

Also, did this thread seriously get unanchored and then reanchored? What the fuck is your problem, mods?

I never felt guilty, but I never felt pride either.
I was always making excuses for the others "It`s the socio economic aspect" or "I would behave the same where the roles reversed".

Where it not for luggage lad bringing the b& hammer down onto all discussions relating to GG I would never have migrated to my home here.
I`m going to earn my honor slaying mudshits and nogs (And kikes off course, can`t forget those) in the great racewar and it`s all thanks to some ugly whore making a crappy game.

I will say, it was only very recently that I started openly being proud of my race. I always thought it was weird that it was only racist if whites expressed racial/cultural pride, but every time I brought it up I got shouted down. I'm not letting people shout me down anymore.

no they didn't. darpa funds the immerse project at UC Santa Cruz. they had a job opening which was posted on the digra site.