Fuck MDM

Display managers are a huge pain in the ass that everyone overlooks because it launches X11 without having to worry about it. I tried to change my display manager from the default in Mint, MDM, to a basic example lightDM, but Mint would have none of it. After purging MDM filth from my system and attempting to install another display manager, mint AUTOMATICALLY reinstalled MDM disease to my computer.

Posting from Debian in blind rage at Mint, formatted my whole drive, but it is terrible having to hunt down drivers. What variety of linux balances this bullshit hand holding that mint does while providing easy access to drivers?

No way is anyone going to install gentoo and spend a week hunting down drivers for the damn microphone.

With the rise of UEFI by default for windows computers it's going to become more and more of a pain in the ass for regular users to use unix. This battle over systemd nonsense needs to stop, the community needs something with the easy access to proprietary drivers of mint. The share of linux servers is plummeting, soon it's going to be nothing more than a hobbyist OS. Everyone should unite behind apt and create a huge repository for drivers that can be used by anyone with lspci and a keyboard.

Nice blog.

It really isn't hard to switch mdm to lightdm on Mint. You did it wrong.

Then enjoy your Pussian derivatives

It really isn't. Changing display managers doesn't work properly on (at least) this release, doing so causes multiple x servers to launch. Mint automatically reinstalls MDM to circumvent this bug, their DM is just shit.

What do you mean by "Pussian"? Guess I better get Kali

typical mint users

xinit master race.

The hobbyist community is the only honest and respectable one, the only one that really matters. It encourages a mindset where you educate and empower yourself. For this, simple and transparent software is needed, and lots of good documentation and examples. The trend lately is in the opposite direction: to make overcomplicated and bloated software and encourage mental lazyiness and emotional appeals. This is how you destroy a community.
Anyway I'm more of a startx and twm kinda guy. That's what I ran 20 years ago before Linux got cucked, and what I'll stick with.

So use Mint's kernel config when you install it, you meme-posting fuck.

PEBCAK
E
B
C
A
K

one week? i installed gentoo in a day with all drivers, you need skills mate, if you are not willing to learn then you are not willing to gain faggot

Put this in your .profile:
if [ "$(tty)" = /dev/tty1 ]; then exec startxfi
Then uninstall all display managers.

Although that won't work on Mint if is right.

Display Mangers are bloat. Stop being a pleb and login through the terminal, it's not that hard.

I'm sure it's mostly just archfags and the occasional shitposter. The ones I've seen that have the most vocal dislike of slackware were archfaggots. They take disliking slackware very seriously and quite a number of them have actually gotten mad when trying to point out that the lack of automatic dependency resolution really isn't that big of a deal.

People who complain about window managers in linux are retards. You're not using it to be pretty. If you are, you have terrible taste.

Why the fuck are you using Mint in the first place? Install Gentoo, faggot.

lmao, enjoying your ugly defaults non-ricer pleb?

I think OP was pissed that he was trying to remove a display manager, not even a window manager. The issue is the conflict between readily available drivers in repositories and the bullshit that comes along with the heavy distros with those big repositories.

Secure Boot is part of UEFI but it's not UEFI itself. Just disable Secure Boot.

Indeed. Fortunately, you have unofficial debian install images that come with nonfree firmware.

Source?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

Saged.

No wait, you might actually have something here. I won't call anything running systemdicks linux, moar like Pootering-ware, amirite? But hey, anything is better than MS or Mac so godspeed, brother. As for your conundrum OP, drop Mint if you're so assblasted about the fact that it's not really meant to be as customizable as you're trying to make it and try something something else. In this case, you want to get rid of MDM:

Calculate Linux
Antergos
Kubuntu or Xubuntu