Intel CPU's can be made to be stornger botnet

archive.is/ns05G

INTEL BTFO

Is this... the power... of the ULTIMATE BOTNETFORM?

Wake me up when any of you GNU fags know how to de-botnet intel-ME.

On most ME systems? You cannot. On a few older ones you can get rid of it via installing Coreboot or Libreboot. Your only other options are to go back to even older hardware, or look into non-x86. AMD systems have similar issues.

tfw single core processor but botnet free

ftfy fam

Can you link the regular article? That archive site is using google captcha for some months now, and so I avoid it.

All pre-Sandy Bridge Intel processors are vulnerable to the memory sinkhole exploit. If you run a malicious program that takes advantage of it with admin privileges, you're fucked.
ttps://itsecuritything.com/intel-x86-architecture-exploit/

http:// arstechnica. com/security/2016/10/flaw-in-intel-chips-could-make-malware-attacks-more-potent/

It's going to be a similar attack possible on AMD as they use a shared BTB as well AFAIK. The reason they're only talking about Intel here is that no one cares about AMD. They're not even mentioned.

Something I've been wondering, supposedly Intel's ME stays running even when the computer is turned off but still receiving power. How viable would it be to write malware that continues running when the computer is turned off and on again without compromising the ME's firmware?

Got it for cheap off eBay.

Just botnet my shit up.

All old hardware?
Personally I wouldn't even consider anything newer than ISA bus 486, so basically 486DX/33 or maybe DX2/66 at most.
Anyway I like computers that don't need CPU fan.

Why? Also, what's wrong with PCI?

P3-866 or GTFO.

t. someone who had above CPU running at almost 1 GHz.

lol get a AXIA Athlon thunderbird 1GHz that can run 1,3Ghz

When is x86 going to die?

When x86_128 takes off
:^)

It won't, and that's the beauty of >90% of a market being subject to vendor lock-in.

When RISC-V starts outperforming it

Sooner than you'd think for most consumer devices. Unfortunately it's going to be due to everything getting pushed to the cloud.

Fuck you guys, I wanted to be positive about the future.

It will be just around the time Linux takes over the desktop!

The post here could be a positive thing, as removing most consumers who really don't care from the home computer market would give people interested in free as in freedom systems more power to sway the market.

Killing the e0001.