Has there ever been a worse series?

Just look at how gay this is.

hey there, little hotpocket, do you feel in charge?

This is the most consistent, best series ever. Every single one besides Goblet is kino.

This is your mind on reddit.

Yes.

Just keep digging your grave, hotpocket.

The Hunger Games?

i liked goblet
the last two were boring and pretentious shit though

lmfao

But why sudocuck? Not enough black cock?

Goblet is a flick the rest are films and 3 6 7.1 are kino. DH1 is much better than DH2. great atmosphere. I do enjoy goblet still tho

Not OP or sudocuck and I think it's shit.

not an argument she had nothing to do with the films and they themselves just promote conservative ideals like in lotr like friendship mattering

I wouldn't say its shit, but considering every toddler and grandma loves it and its the number one cultural reference in politics, its a bit hard to see meaning on having it as your cultural icon, and pretend it means anything of value about yourself.

Its a bit like being a Spidey fan, you can't be more of a basic bitch than that.

You don't need to be a hater, it just says a lot about yourself if its the one that you want to talk about, wear shirts about and have discussions using references of.

The Harry Pooter pusher is a mod, he's samefagging in this thread. He's going to destroy the board culture if he can.

It's the only good franchise besides Lord of the Rings

So lets lay this out

are all used by the same people, the people moderating Holla Forums

but i only like one of those things harry potter

stop thinking i hate the prequels

Sure, but that's certainly up there. You know, I wouldn't even have that much of a problem with it if it wasn't overtly marxist trash.

Started watching them in a row because of how many people like them. Stopped about halfway. It's boring fantasy movies for children. Don't let your kids watch them. Show them Willow and LotR instead.

willow is shit…..
AHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHA

AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAh

Worst franchises (that actually got sequels:)

Twilight
Resident Evil
Underworld
Hunger Games
Sex & the City
Harry Potter
Transformers (Michael Bay)
Paranormal Activity
Saw
Spy Kids
The Fast & The Furious
American Pie
The Scorpion King

Note: I set the bar incredibly low for the purposes of this list. The movies have to have absolutely no redeeming qualities whatsoever. So for example, Expendables doesn't make the list because the premise was good even if the execution was thoroughly embarrassing. The Leprechaun movies avoid this list because they had heart, were frequently creepy, and genuinely work as cheesy b-movies. 90% of the X-Men movies are complete filth that shits all over the source material and stuffs it full of faggotry, but there were a few memorable scenes and some good actors throughout as well as one solid movie (fight over which one it is you faggots) throughout. Similarly, Jaws was great even if not all of it's sequels were, Scream may be a boring, dated and predictable deconstruction but it revived the slasher genre, and that has to be worth something.

Every series I listed has so much overwhelmingly wrong with it the entire series as a whole must be categorized as shit.

Movies that would have been on the list if not for being so terrible they were stillborn and thankfully died in the womb:

Percy Jackson, The Vampire's Assistant, The Host, Eragon, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Disagree?

Defend your shit taste, then.

The first Saw was good.

Quality effort post, I commend you.

No

Unfortunately Percy Jackson got a sequel but the franchise might as well be dead at this point. Would the GI Joe movies make it on this list?

When I first Saw it, I thought it was alright, but subsequent viewings have made more of it's flaws apparent to me, and the franchise turned into such shit it drags the first movie down with it.

I have mixed feelings on G.I. Joe. I always thought they looked completely terrible and went out of my way to avoid them, and I'm sure if I was more into the cartoons I'd probably utterly hate how it shat all over the lore or whatever, and my last real impression of it was eyerolls at the trailer with Marlon Wayans jumping around in a super suit.

On the other hand, it's one of the few franchises to acknowledge "Oh yeah, most women have tits, and it's okay for them to be sexy." and I find it hard to completely hate something that has Rachel Nichols and Sienna Miller running around being completely fuckable.

Can I point out that Bella Swan is more realistic than Hermione or Daenerys are?

The average woman is not going to get dragon eggs or be a wizard prodigy. But they will feel sorry for themselves and consider suicide if a boy leaves them.

By that metric, Twilight is the most realistic series of all.

Now, I'm not gonna claim that they're good, but the Resident Evil and Fast & Furious movies are tons of fun. Some of the best moviegoing experiences I've had come from watching Resident Evil with friends or my brother.

YOU JUST KNOW

That's a pretty good point actually.

Resident Evil is a good film series. A solid 7-8/10 across the board. Final film was a let down, but still decent.
Transformers are utter shit but the action is kino. If you ignore the lorerape it's 6/10 across the board.

The rest of your choices are good, however, you missed one film that got aborted early, one that everyone forgets and that I keep meaning to read the books of: I am Number 5.

Also, you could probably just Maze Runner in there for a giggle.

Why does it matter, tho? I go to movies to have fun and feel my dick hard. Not to base my view of reality and politics. I know women IRL well enough to know the diference from fantasy.

kill yourself

This is a film board and one of those is not like the other Harry Potter is legit after Columbus leaves the series.

Hermione always stayed and helped harry you fucking faglord.

Triggered potterfag detected.

It matters when people say that Twilight is garbage because the protagonist isn't some super woman.

It's a retarded metric.

I never seen someone say that.

HP is kino

Twilight is garbage because the directing, acting, production, script, cinematography, atmosphere etc is shit.

Feminists used to complain about bella not being stronk womyn enough all the time.

Those are actual good reasons to hate it.

Hope you refer to the americanized/bonged lump of crap and not the original
Had good acting and solid screenplay for what it was, good Korean flick from its heyday. Made good money, the sequel wasn't made because it wasn't on sight

G.I. Joe is shit

Not *that* Host, the one by the author of Twilight about aliens that take over human bodies, but this is overcome through the power of love and kissing boys.

Believe it or not, there was an NGO that pays people to spend their days on internet forums saying feminist bullshit, and one of the specific tasks was to badmouth Twilight.

The Prequels are kino.

so is Harry Potter you infant

Spy kids movies are great, you Fucking pleb

Let's see
Except for the first an dthe last, each episode has one cool giant monster
So Bill Nighy doesn't count as a good actor?
Almost every episode is so dumb and bad that you can laugh through them. I usually do this with my sister who read the books, and even she laughs at them.
The first time Optimus Prime transformed on screen was a joy to watch for a person like me, who grew up playing with those toys. The second movie had Devastator, and while he was fucked up, the moment when I realized a Combiner is coming was the same as the Optimus-moment above. The fourth had the Dinobots, and come on, Dinobots are cool.

That did got a sequel though

No, they're "cool mom" movies. Everything about them feels like they were written by adults trying desperately to connect with their children through lolrandom humor. When I was a little kid they annoyed the absolute shit out of me.

The plots are somehow worse than the video games, everything feels cobbled together, and they seem to exist solely so the lead actress can continue having a career, which is especially sad because she's not a horrible actress and was making some pretty interesting movies before she started doing nothing but RE movies. The backdrop of "zombie outbreak" pretty much disappears after the second movie, and basically nothing matters from one film to the next.

He's a great actor, but you can have excellent actors appear in absolutely shitty movies, that's practically De Niro's entire career since Rocky & Bullwinkle. Nighy has appeared in countless shitty romcoms, for instance. I like Michael Sheen too, but that doesn't make Twilight a good series.

The problem for me is that I just never liked the series. I never liked the writing, the fact that the spells are basically pig latin, the entire concept of urban fantasy, and as a result I never got attached to the characters. So as the story became more mature, I felt completely apathetic to the events because I didn't give a shit which wizard lived or died.

It was Optimus Prime with a tiny robot mouth and ghetto flames painted onto his sides. Most of the fights were horrible messes of metal where you struggled to tell who was fighting who. I actually *am* a huge Transformers fan, so every frame was a knife somewhere tender to me. The niggabots, Bumblebee not being able to talk, the generally completely incomprehensible plot, the horribly annoying human characters.

G1, Beast Wars, Beast Machines and Fall of Cybertron are all vastly superior.

1 to 4 are the only entertaining movies/books.

1 and 2 because they were entertaining children's novels, 3 and 4 because they managed to be entertaining kiddie novels that managed to skillfully inject mature themes, which 5, 6 and 7 utterly failed at. Even if Goblet of Fire has a pants-on-head-retarded main plotline, the rest of it is so good and creative that you can overlook the stupidity of Barty Crouch Jr. not turning some random shit that Harry touches into a Portkey. Hell, you can even justify it by saying that Harry being kidnapped during the final challenge and emerging dead afterwards (which was the plan) could be quite easily chalked up to an unfortunate accident while keeping the true events which occurred a secret.

BO never ever

Weak shit.

He's right though.

Just because he's correct doesn't mean he's right.

The protagonist and associated characters are supposed to be interesting. They're supposed to stand out above and beyond what the normal person would do. There's no point in watching a story that is one hundred percent accurate to reality unless it's a non-fiction work like a documentary. And even then, the director and scriptwriter are supposed to work reality into a pseudo-fiction that is entertaining rather than giving it exactly as is.

So Bella Swan could be called realistic in terms of actions. But her character is completely shitty and she's not interesting as the lead character. In contrast, the other two have more character and personality to them. But at the same time, they don't come across as realistic because they don't behave the way that normal people would in those sort of situations. Now this isn't necessarily a bad thing - except for the fact that they're simply not all that likeable. They're both a lot less likeable than other characters within their own stories. Which is fine, because they're not the true leads.

Now an actual good character would be someone like Frederica Greenhill, pictured above. Hence the "weak shit" statement - because while behaving like a married woman turned widow reasonably would, she accomplishes more than those characters do in their juvenile rage trips.

No, they don't have to.

Consider Winston Smith from 1984. Winston is
Not exceptional. He's a normal man with normal urges and he utterly gets his ass kicked as a normal would. He is still a compelling character. The story works with him and wouldn't work with say Aragorn or a traditional badass hero.

Basing a character being good or not by feats is moronic, and is what tumblr was doing in the image I posted. Bella Swan isn't a bad character because she was sad and contemplated suicide after a breakup. Movies can and have been based around the concept of sad people.

And the fact that Daenerys has dragons doesn't make her interesting. She's a bore. And Hermione is just a plot driven superwoman. That leaves you with Bella, who while mopey and inactive, is at least realistic in her reactions. She's just Sansa Stark written by a less capable writer.

Fucking kek you plebs

To this day I'm amazed at how it got three sequels and each was worse than the original.
The original had two good scenes and they both had something to do with my boner so they do not count.

First two are fine.

yea and the others after are actually kino