archive.is/JDC4I
mega.nz/#F!Y5E0BKjK!UsE19rOYDa5Ttl5QRFwgtw
mega.nz/#F!a9ojCZCT!SLfX7l7inSHdvd7hrf5LLA
sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/17747/
sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/11305/
sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/8579/
sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/15141/
tfwiki.net/wiki/MECH
sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/24197/animated-chengxi_huang-genga-genga_comparison-hits
dl.sug.rocks/preair/04x05.mkv
mega.nz/#F!aFVwTBxB!GKeouMwlFlHUwTAGix6R-w
giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?489590-Steven-Univ3rse-The-Great-and-Lovable-Thread
spectrumbunny.tumblr.com/post/149899520358/lilmizzkrazie-my-sister-katiedid92-and-i-got
kisscartoon.me
kissanime.to/Anime/One-Punch-Man-Dub/Episode-003?id=128492
f-list.net/c/jasper cheeto mom/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Here's the previous thread (no pics though) for posteriority:
archive.is/JDC4I

I technically got the old thread still open, so I can get some of the images (or at least reverse-search for them with the thumbnails) if something.

Latest episode was incredibly unnecessary. For one, they have to make up a forced conflict in order for Stevonnie to have problems fusing… despite the fact that Stevonnie time and time again show how "perfect" the fusion was. For fuck's sake they actually beat Jasper on their own.

Connie's conflict of the episode did not even make sense at all. Yes, I get that the arm thing was an accident, but she more or less just runs away from the problem and rarely states the consequences of her own actions. Like you know… she can get suspended… and Connie's parents who are more or less overprotective as fuck should have noted it and BAN her training… but that never came up at all. And how Connie treats that shit that it was affecting Stevonnie more than it was well, her own personal human life. Hell, her conflict just wipes off a day later and the kid who might have some aspirations of doing something meaningful that ends up destroyed because some crazy bitch bodyslammed him because he bumped into her with "LOL NO PROBLEM. SHOW ME YOUR MOVES PLZ" and she is more than happy to get back to training Stevonnie. Jesus.

Garnet's solution to the problems didn't made sense as well. Like I get Garnet all "stop being whiny bitches, face that shit and move on if all else fails", but the entire meditation musical number was more on making Estrelle sing again… and in-story… how PERFECT Garnet was is because she is "made of love". And how Ruby and Sapphire was healthy. Yes, the most co-dependent gems with the libido of bonobos tell us valuable life lessons in the wrong context.

And finally… how this all adds up to Steven's really short moment of "PTSD"…. which was just convenient bullshit that destroys a good personal conflict in Season 3. For one, the hallucinations would mean that Steven slowly admits more than he is Rose Quartz and more Crystal Gem than being his own person. And another it's to make Connie and her "resolution" save him… because fuck it love interest let's end it neatly whatever.

So in conclusion. Unnecessary as fuck. And fuck whoever likes this episode and think it's the perfect example of PTSD. Seriously. TUMBLR THINKS THIS IS A GOOD EXAMPLE OF PTSD.

Connie is an unnecessary character made to push an unnecessary relationship for unnecessary reasons so they could push "women r smart" and "interracial is gud" bullshit.

Take away Connie from the show.
Boom.
Improvement.

Same way taking away PB, Marceline and Flame Princess from Adventure Time would greatly improve the show as a whole.
Most often than not female characters are source of unnecessary drama.

Of course they could have Steven rescue more corrupted gem, fight properly, learn to be responsible, maybe try to shed light on the secrets her mom had or at the very least try to find a cure to corruption but LOL NOPE let's deal with shit literally nobody cares about.

Homeworld was right, fusions are a mistake.

You have the single modern cartoon male protagonist who has a girlfriend and is not getting cucked left and right and you want to ruin that?

Zoophilia isn't much of an improvement user.

Now this is degeneracy I can get behind!

The episode was weird because it was focused on Connie when Steven is the one who has the actual problems.

He was nearly killed by Bismuth. He witnessed Jasper turn corrupted and reject all of his help. He had a Ruby try and stab him to death while accusing his Mother of the worst crime he can imagine. On top of that, he had everyone confirm that Rose did some fucked up shit that no one wants to talk about.

Steven should have been the one destabilizing the fusion and freaking out. The kid should have legit PTSD after the shit he's been going through, but because of the Crew's incredibly bad writing, they had to have several episodes of him fusing without any issue before they solve the problem after one pep talk.

Maybe I'm mis/over interpreting it, but I think a part of the point was that different people have different approaches to their issues. While Connie was thinking about the thing she has done, and was distracted constantly, Steven tried to suppress it - but when it got out of control, it hit him much, much harder. He was lucky it happened after the mental training with Garnet, because if he lost control of that earlier, or Connie's issues did not happen at all, they would be fucking dead.

It was an "After School Special" episode. They always tend to fuck every single logic into the show just to give tumblr something to schlick upon.

I get what you mean involving addressing different approaches. it's just that it felt forced and became only a cheap way to let Steven and Connie use the power of Forced Love Interest Fusion to save the day… despite the fact that Stevonnie was more or less promoted to be a perfect fusion.

Will this ever stop being a massive disappointment?

Bismuth fooled me into thinking that this show learned from it's past mistakes.

That's the trick with SU. It always looks like it's going to improve before it gets worse. It's like a fucking magic trick and after all this time I can't figure out how they do it.

Steven looks like a weenie who does stupid shit without thinking. But then he releases Lapis and you think he'd learn to think. But then he goes right back to the exact same stupid shit. Then he reveals himself to Peridot and nearly dies and maybe he'll learn that was a bad mistake but whoops Ruby look I'm Rose Quartz after all.

This show will never learn a damn thing and never have a shred of self awareness.

I don't know what the SU crews relationship to ratio is, because they sure fuck proportion allot.

It's almost like they work without base drawings……

it's almost as if the focus and perspective in those pictures are completely different.

Like you REALLY need it spelled out in great detail don't you?

Stevonnie shrunk at least a foot in hight (Alongside everybody else) and her head bobbleaded in size.

Because thats what the SU crew does. It literally does not follow reference sheets.

Like you REALLY need it spelled out in great detail don't you?

The show was always flexible with character models, altering them between scenes appropriately to situation, distance from the camera, etc.
To a degree, this has always been a thing in all western and eastern animation. In fact, in animu it went so far that the entire concept of chibi format evolved.
Of course, nobody has a problem with that in any other show, because people absolutely have to find every possible ground to hate SU.

That's one way of putting lazy and unfocused. There is a difference between flexibility of a character during motion, and bodies and faces that are not consistent from scene to scene.

But if your that blind to quality, then I really have nothing else to say to you. Im not gonna argue about overcooked food with a man without taste buds.

There are reasons to go off-model at times, yes, but this is without rhyme or reason.

Stevonnie was actually striking for being so realistically proportioned when first introduced, that seemed to me like a deliberate choice which ought to help define the character. But just look at how many heads tall she is in each incarnation.

They're nothing alike and it's got nothing to do with perspective, and even if it did that wouldn't be an excuse because every professional animator alive knows how to keep proportions consistent in changing perspective.

Either Stevonnie is now a completely new, much less naturalistic body shape for no reason or the crew are wiping their asses with the model sheets. Don't piss in my ear and tell me it's raining.

That is disgusting.

user, listen. I agree with you that the animation on the show is inconsistent, and that they fuck up WAY too often, but your picture is shit and has always been shit. While the first two lines can be understood, when you just point arrows at completely fucking random and say "hard=strong ;too soft", it just makes me go "wow this guy is trying SO HARD to seem smart"

Im sorry user but if you don't get how masters of animated slapstick know motion better then hipster hacks then your an idiot.

In my mind this show is truly the worst. This isn't peer pressure, I figured this out earlier then most. This show truly does NOTHING well, and gets worse with time. Creating a true nightmarish black hole of misery.

Its awful, is the awful that will pierce the bedrock, and tunnel a portal into hell.

It's hard to explain with a still picture. But this is what I mean by too soft. It's awkward as fuck because there's no sense of confidence in the action unlike other examples of line of action.

I'm certain user here is a master of animation indeed.

Posting this gif alongside this line of action explanation will literally always be better and more comprehensible than

But is it more cancerous than Twilight?

Last I heard this episode was done by guest animators from TRIGGER.

That was Gumball, pal, and it was not even Trigger

No, they got one of the animators from TRIGGER to animate the scene where Garnet and Stevonnie sings. You could tell because it had that choppy anime animation. Sorry if you were expecting something with pure high action like how Gumball, a non action show, did with their Japanese animators.

What does the credits music mean?

Many CN shows (Uncle Grandpa, Clarence and possibly Adventure Time) showcase different storyboard artists

So you finally became a tripfag…

don't even acknowledge him.
Filters are just for that, mate.

Yup. A cancer that is left untreated will do more damage.

The one that's supposed to look "better" looks worse to me because I hate the arch of Squidward's back, it just looks awkward. Two and three are fine though.

HMMM I FUCKING WONDER WHY THERE IS A STIGMA AGAINST FUSION ON HOMEWORLD

I've avoided this shit long enough, but fuck it I can't avoid it any longer.

Where can I watch episodes of Steven Universe online and get in on this? Some one have a pastebin with links to episodes?

I know and that's the most amazing thing about this show, is that it can have a really good episode like Bismuth and then go back to being unwatchable shit.

For fuck's sake Stevonnie beat Jasper! So all this shit about her being an imperfect fusion is such fucking horseshit, it's like the only way the writers know to write is by creating forced drama for the sake of "feels".

And all the stuff we got with Jasper and Bismuth? Never going to be mentioned again.

720p: mega.nz/#F!Y5E0BKjK!UsE19rOYDa5Ttl5QRFwgtw

1080p: mega.nz/#F!a9ojCZCT!SLfX7l7inSHdvd7hrf5LLA

Here are download links to mega. I think that all episodes are on dailymotion, so just find a list of episodes and search.
First time starting with SU, or did you get to some point before and quit?
If the former, just a note: Everybody, even the most hardcore fans, she agree that the first ~6-8 shorts are abysmal dogshit. Unfortunately, they also contribute to the later plot, so you can't just skip them.
The series starts being good around the halfpoint of S1. That's where Steven stops being that much of an annoying fuck

They literally just mentioned that this episode.

Aside from the download links provided by user (>>671177), you can find them all on Kisscartoon in pretty good quality if you prefer to stream.

I started watching S1 and have seen a few episodes of S2. Been meaning to give it another go as it seems to have gotten more interesting.

Thanks for the links

I mean that it won't have a longterm effect on the plot.

I rather doubt that. A ton of stuff the show has done has been to have stuff that doesn't show up til ages later and suddenly becomes important. They don't bring stuff up in episodes where it's not immediately relevant probably because they only have 11 minutes to use for it.

(that said, might be a while since Bismuth shows up again since she's a high profile actor, same with Sugilite and Opal)

Hasn't stopped them before, as most of the 11 minute episodes have background building thrown in there.

Avoid the fillers. They're shit. But the story arc episodes are pretty neat. So far we have Bismuth, Beta, Earthlings and Back to the Moon. And probably some more that I miss. But if its slice of life, avoid it.

Isn't most of this show's episodes filler?

Could try watching it all on dailymotion.com.

You could always just read a plot summary on Wikipedia or some other site.

Wait, seriously?
Got sauce for that?

is painanon still dead?

Yes, but the studio has plans for a half-samoan half-black reboot of painanon suitable for the current year

How many fucking filler episodes did they have to shove in before they finally half-acknowledged that bismuth had some pretty good points
Why does this show introduce so many things that would make for amazing character development, but then not actually develop anyone's character with it

Jesus Christ,these comments.

kill yourself

Actually the animator from TRIGGER did also the fight scenes and the "trauma" scene from what I can tell from the guy's twitter a bit.

The problem was that at least with Gumball, they had a reason to have the epic-ass anime scene. And Studio 4c had background with being both experimental with their animation and had ties with western animation as well. Basically the scene fits with Gumball being experimental as shit.

SU, while the fighting scenes were well done and were made by the guy from TRIGGER, they were just the side dish to the unnecessary wankfest and the musical number was as choppy as all hell.

I was expecting a lot more from a guest Japanese animator, but it's really unremarkable stuff. Takafumi Hori was apparently responsible for the animation. These are some other things he has animated:

sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/17747/
sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/11305/
sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/8579/
sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/15141/

Hey wait a minute, where's the post talking about the Church of the Broken God-style cult?

To be honest, the most glaring problem with this show is what they didn't do.

You know there's a major problem with a fantasy setting when we know more about the fantasy world (Homeworld) than the "normal" world. And in this case, it's humanity's relationship to the gems other than being garbage townies who do nothing to advance the plot, and even they don't give us any hints. On one hand, the gems are rarely respected by the townies, and are even held in contempt despite being the equivalent of space Jesus. And on the other, humanity doesn't interfere with any of the gem related events. The writers can't decide what the gem-human relationship is, so they forget about it, perhaps forever.

Say what you want about the SJW pandering, Townieshit, and characters and plotlines with wasted potential, but the shittiest problem of them all is that the writers fail even at worldbuilding the normal world.

What if there was a human cult akin to SCP's Church of the Broken God that worshiped the gems as gods, and believed that organic life was worthless so they strived to become gems and became a major threat? They would collect gem artefacts, utilize gem weapons for their own gain, antagonize the Crystal Gems even on their missions, and become a menace to Beach City's citizens, especially Steven's dad. And while Homeworld was setting its eyes on Earth again, the Crystal Gems would have to fight against the people they swore to protect who want to shatter them. What would they do about an enemy that couldn't be bubbled? The previous seasons felt empty because there was barely a reason to care about the story outside of the gems' inner conflicts. An antagonistic force like a cult of humans would've been fascinating and would've made gemkind's impact on Earth have more depth, instead of having the only opinions of gems reserved for the main characters. It would've introduced us to important elements like the diamonds and give us more of a reason to see the main cast rise up and conquer other than their inner conflicts, because what better way to see the gems work together and solve their inner darkness as a family and team than a powerful antagonistic force? It could lead the Crystal Gems to question if they humanity is even worth protecting if it wants to essentially destroy itself. The CGs may have protected the Earth from gem-related threats, but the only threat they can't protect humanity from is humanity itself.

But this intriguing aspect is unlikely to ever be explored. And the saddest thing is, this show has given us all the necessary ingredients for a cult like this to form:
- Gem-obsessed nuts like Ronaldo.
- A little boy using a gem tool that almost kicked the Crystal Gems asses.
- A book containing fascinating information on gems.
- The implication of the danger of humans using gem weapons.
- Pearl's quote about humans wanting to be apart of something bigger to not feel meaningless.
- The mystery and allure surrounding the gems' involvement on Earth.

Something tells me the writers had plans for human antagonists like this, but dropped it because they either interfered with Steven's "development" or couldn't feature them because of Standards and Practices. I don't know which reason is worse, but then again. When has a cult ever been featured in a "Kids" show since the 90’s?

Just added some extra information. You like the idea?

Being a fan of the original article, I was curious to see where you went with it.

tfwiki.net/wiki/MECH

This organization is the closest thing to what you're talking about that I've seen in a recent kids' show, though they are more of a secular militia group.

And yes, I like the idea. I'm picturing things like higher-placed acolytes having gem material grafted onto their bodies, replacing limbs, that sort of thing. I don't know very much about SU, but I wonder what kind of effect religious faith and zeal would have in concert with the gem material.

I seem to remember Gravity Falls having one.

You mean the same cult that was built up since season one and disbanded in a single episode?

when is my jasperdemtion sugar?
I need her back

Look at what happened to Lapis and Peridot; do you really want that to be done to Jasper?

Would be cool and pretty fucked up if they introduce a human villain that was basically a Mengele stand in. Imagine what we thought Peridot would turn out when we thought she was responsible for those forced fusion clusters but a whole lot worse.

As much as that's a infuriating gripe, she simply didn't deserve what happened to her.

Not that guy, but I'm crossing my fingers.

It could be the one time that they don't fuck up. The show in general NEEDS someone like her to kick the Crystal Gems into shape and keep them on track.

…You just made me breathe in sharply. I can't remember despising a villain so much until I got back into Gundam.

I can imagine such a character preying on casualties from both sides of the war, then escalating it.

No musical number can keep a good megalomaniac down.

Oh sweet summer child.

Only thing disappointing was how the animation didn't make his death satisfying enough.

You mentioned Gundam had a villain similar to Kurata. Who? And how did he go down?

The Society of the Blind Eye wasn't a religious organization, but more of a secret society like the Illuminati. The "Church of the Shattered Diamond" would've been a fusion of The Covenant from Halo and the Catholic Church. They'd have a massive following and a female leader. as the gems look female, and strived to understand gem technology to become gems themselves or even contact Homeworld. They'd see the Crystal Gems as antichrists who took away there chance to become immortal beings and vowed revenge, but couldn't match their strength until Steven came.

Wouldn't it be better storywise if the Crystal Gems were the ones to trap Lapis in the mirror, then the cult would find it, and try to extract as much information from her as they could and even threaten to shatter her when she refused, instead of just being in Pearl's head for how many millennia? It would've given Lapis a much better reason to be apathetic about Earth, she'd hate the humans along with the people who trapped her, making her story much more believable. And when Peridot crash landed on Earth, the cult could come to her aid and she'd build weapons for them to protect her. In a situation like that, someone as adaptable as her wouldn't refuse help even from "inferior organisms."

All that potential, wasted.

We don't need, or want, a permanent general for this show.

I'm liking your idea, user. What would the CGs do about a human who tortures their fallen allies, who's also one of the people they swore to protect? Would they kill him for his heinous acts? And how would Steven react? A villain like that would bring them to their breaking point (no pun intended.)

Your idea combined with the human cult would redeem the series in my eyes.

It's a shame ideas are still considered property, otherwise some team would've been creating their own episodes by now.

Don't speak for anyone but yourself, faggot.
Not that I'm disagreeing, but if you need to change from singular to plural to back up your point, it's too weak to stand on its own.

Ribbons. Motherfucking. Allmark. Not a mad scientist, but a collossal manipulative and murderous douche. He is responsible, directly and indirectly, for the loss of thousands, if not millions of lives, and pits friends and loved ones against the protagonists through machinations and outright mind control. All of this so that he can lead humanity into the future.

I don't want to watch the show but I think Pearl is cute. It seems like she has multiple designs, which one do I use?

I'm also a rampant shitposter, so what's an appropriate firearm to give her?

The one used in the final show .
A FAMAS.

Multiple designs? I'm guessing you mean her outfits. Not counting her 80's outfit in the various flashbacks, she's only had two recurring looks - the original leotard-and-tutu until she regenerated from getting impaled, when she switched to the dress with a bow at the back, which she's had ever since.

As for guns, Pearl isn't built for fighting and doesn't favor brute strength. She's all about precision, movement and keeping her enemies at a distance. She normally uses a spear or a straight-bladed thrusting sword. All of that screams 'long-range rifle' to me.

So if you think she'd go full sniper I'd suggest the Steyr 93, Sako TRG, HK PSG/MSG-90, or Parker-Hale M85. If you think she's more shoot-and-move I'd suggest a DMR like the G3SG/1 or the SG556DMR.

Or she'd go vintage with like a Baker Rifle or Sharps 1874 if she's an ancient fudd who doesn't do plastic guns and loves dat wood

Backup pistol obviously a Luger P08, what the fuck else would it be

Or are you just memeing, in which case FAMAS

Man I'm retarded slow.

pretty_good.webm

Well memed, lad. The carry handle doesn't slope quite that much and the G2 trigger guard is more rounded - but otherwise bretty gud.

We need more gems being operator. It's ironic how most fanart you see is them crying or kissing or posing in pretty outfits.

That's because the fanbase is full of overly sensitive girls. I personally just find giving guns to random characters from various action series that don't use guns at all very amusing, like giving Pearl here a gun. Though I'm a bit disappointed the new Samurai Jack will have guns on Jack's motorbike and not a pistol as a sidearm.

Just imagine all these characters having trouble in a fight and they just pull out a M1911 and start blasting because they got sick of it all. To me, that sort of thing would be hilarious.

Why would Jack need a pistol when he has a magic sword that can cut through anything?

Has anything actually good happened?
Last episode I watched was when peridot told yellow diamond to fuck off. I think I;m starting to give up on this show, they have all this cool shit but never fucking do anything with it. Steven is still a fucking tard, everyone is obsessed with their feefees. Anything good after that episode or is it all filler?
best gem lapis
second best peridot
jasper next
then the rest of the crystal sluts

Jasper is in a bubble.
Lapis is sitting in memebarn reading weeb light novels.
You decide.

was it a good fight for jasper?

it was humiliating for both sides but for different reasons

That doesnt tell me anything
What filler episodes should I skip? I know there has to be a few.

don't watch the show at all

Mind refreshing our memory?

Do not make me fucking debate you. I'm not going to sit listening to this fat fuck sing for one piece of shitty lore info.

the whole point of this show is waiting 18 weeks for a single sentence of lore info. It's how the show has always been structured.
If you're not interested in watching the show, don't watch the show. There is a whole world of alternatives for you.

YEAH WELL FUCK YOU
really though,throw me a bone, what can I skip
Shitty filler is nothing new with shit show
And shame on you for wanting an user to suffer through it

I don't want you to suffer through it.
That's why I'm telling you to drop the show. There is a ton of better stuff to be watched. Download DCAU, Avatar, Spectacular Spiderman, Megas XLR, I could go on for a while. Literally dozens of entertaining western shows that won't have you sit through 10 episodes of women crying about their feelings just to get 17 seconds of plot details.
I know you want to be hip with the crowd, and watch whatever is currently popular, but you really don't have to.
Instead of participating in something you don't like, and then bitching about it, just go and do something fun.
The fewer people watch and talk about SU the higher the chance it will become forgotten and cancelled.

Which is hard because cuckchan, leddit, and toomblar talk about it all the goddamn time.

>>>/sueg/

Does anyone here have any ideas on how SU can be improved? I've already suggested mine.

>>>/4chan/

going into more detail about literally anything gem related that isn't fucking fusion.

who is white diamond?
who was pink diamond?
what exactly makes the diamonds so great?
what does homeworld look like?
why exactly happened for the rebellion to start?
whats was up with the nuke that corrupted all the gems on earth?

Kill off Connie in one way or another so Steven is forced to go, bring back Peedee as Steven's best friend and somebody who doesn't put up with Steven's bullshit, stop pretending Steven and the CGs are in the right at absolutely all times, elaborate on the relationship between humans and Earth-dwelling gems because the idea that Gems have been around for 5000+ years, built massive superstructures across the planet before and after the war, and have somehow not really interacted with a sapient species native to the world during any of that time until Rose fell for Greg is absolutely massively fucking retarded.

Yes we get it you're assmad, you're really proving that joke that sage is a downvote wrong right now.

So Steven is forced to grow, I meant to type.

Depends on the direction, and establishing a better target demo.

SU is doing GREAT with its target demo. Man (or WO-MAN)child SJW hipsters! Its the perfect show. 99% about MY FEELINGS DAD! 1% plot.

yeah, but just because a bunch of retards fucks aids-ridden niggers, does not mean you have no do it too.

I hear it's getting canned/on the chopping block, any proof?

he's been steven's best friend for literally one episode, listen, I understand that you're a gay texan who hates brown people, while loving some shota yaoi, can't blame you for that, but stop pretending like this idea you're trying to force about Connie ruining the show makes any semblance of sense. She's been written into the show from point 0.

Nope. As far as I know, some guy on youtube panicked that they have not announced renewal yet, and everybody lost their shit.
Also, the show was never intended to last forever. Production crew announced long time ago that they have the ending well planned.

I've watched it for a while, I just don't want it to be time wasted, but your right. It really is just kinda meh. Whateves, the mega will always be there waiting for me if I change my mind.

We need to realize that this show is a tepid slice-of-life anime ripoff first and everything else (DBZ/Sailor Moon ripoff) second

1) He could have been busy with other projects at Trigger when he drew his cuts.

2) The studio sent to process the cut neutered it to fit in more with the show's bland animation. It happens a lot in Japanese studios too.

sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/24197/animated-chengxi_huang-genga-genga_comparison-hits

Yes! Although I'd go a step further and not feature Connie in the show at all, she's mostly useless.

As for your second point, the gems actions on Earth would inspire a gem-worshiping religion to form. Since we didn't know what the CGs were fighting for in the first two seasons, the story feels slow and dull. The human cult would've given the crystal gems a major threat to fight against while Homeworld was rising instead of their feels or generic monsters most of the time. Plus, it would've made Steven and the gems question if every life on Earth is really worth protecting. And if there was a sadistic Mengele-like human who enjoyed torturing the CGs fallen gem allies we would have one hell of a moral dilemma.

How awesome would all that have been?

You're adorable

I bet you 17 shitpost pesos that this is Sadie's dad.

I get what you mean, but cartoons exaggerate reality. In this image the reality is that parts of the torso have mass and that slouching curve gives more weight to the character making it dynamic even when it is not moving. That said, REAL people are boring as fuck to look at. That's why kids like cartoons. A more rigid character would probably be more true to life, but in this case the cartoonish quality is desired for communicating that mass and dynamic flexibility. Especially since the character is an octopus.

If he were Sadie's dad he'd be raping someone.

Could anyone give me feedback of these ideas?

You know how in the beginning of the show, the Crystal Gems collect gem artefacts and capture corrupted gems for a reason the writers' are still too fucking lazy to tell us about? Well what if their reason was that after years of dormancy, the gem-worshiping cult saw an opportunity to collect all the imprisoned and corrupted gems in the world to exploit and weaponize them, due to their greatest enemy Rose Quartz becoming inactive. The CGs would take Steven on trips to collect as many gems as they could, much like in the actual early episodes. But then they encounter the cult's followers and battle, which bewilders and frightens Steven, as the CGs swore to protect all life, but they explain to him that there are humans who weren't welcoming of the Crystal Gems and will stop at nothing to kill them and anyone who gets in their way, shifting the tone of the series.

And what if the CGs imprisoned Lapis in her mirror to get information, and was forgotten about and found by the cult who tortured her for information and threatened to shatter her if she didn't from the end of the gem war to the present? Instead of just hating the CGs, wouldn't it make much more sense and be more compelling storywise for Lapis to feel intense animosity towards the Earth because she had to spend most of her time on the planet with callous monstrous humans for thousands of years and feel even more vindictive to the CGs who condemned her to such a horrible life? And after she comes back to Earth, Steven helps her get overcome her hatred and vindictiveness and she finds a reason to care about the Earth and face the people she wronged when she stole the Earth's ocean. Something tells me that would've made for a much more intriguing story instead of the contrived preachy virtue signalling abusive relationship arc she had with Jasper and forgetting what Lapis did.

BUT HEY! AS LONG AS YOUR STORY HAS A MESSAGE FOR KIDS, YOU DON'T HAVE TO PUT ANY EFFORT INTO WRITING AT ALL!

It's the female line of Sadie's family that's rapists.
Look at this face. Tell me this is not a face of somebody who has once been beaten up by a fat, upgly woman, and forced to give her a baby under the threat of starvation or worse

Slow down there user, you're asking way to much from this show and it's horrible writing. Also I don't think the writers are writing for children as this show is quite honestly too fucking boring with the average child to sit through.

It's clear they're pandering to the Tumblr crowd who like stupid shit because it has "feels" because those are the only people moronic enough to believe this show has good writing.

sure thing
I think that you should fuck off to fanfiction.net and tumblr. I would not even send you to reddit because those fuckers don't deserve to suffer that badly
Your idea is shit, just as you are. I knew that the moment I saw it's a two paragraph story, because it's pretty much a clear indication that you're just making your own shit up, not analyzing the show and drawing conclusions. I gave it a read anyway, and I regret doing so. You're autistic

Well thank you, Mr. Edgelord. Like I haven't been called that before.

If you actually took the time out of your life to read my first post, you'd realize that I laid out my reasoning as to why I came up with my conclusion based on what the show did and didn't do as well as a list of evidence as to why my idea could've been possible.

But it's much easier for people like you to lie, shout buzzwords and call me autistic than to logically critizise my ideas. Isn't that right?

Yes, but perhaps one day when the networks are decentralized, production and audience standards rise and IP rights are abolished, someone will make a reboot of this show, and rewrite it to be something spectacular. They rebooted that Carrie movie in 2013 and it turned out to be great. whereas the original was complete shit. Who's to say the same won't happen with this show.

>>>/sugen/
they'll like you there

Uh huh. I rest my case. You got any more shit you'd like to say to me or are you done looking more autistic than you actually are?

Nuke the thread from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

This is what happens when /sugen/ rejects come over to Holla Forums thinking their ideas are worth a crap.

No, no, user, can't you read? If you don't like namefag's "theories", you are a close-minded edgelord :^)

Goddamn it, who let Tumblr on here?

Thread is rapidly derailing, let's post and discuss characters who deserved way better than this show.

Pink diamond was a babby diamond.
She is shown to only have a single planet - presumably earth - and is portrayed emerging from the ground.
She was probably an earth native new, young diamond. Rose killed her before she could even get her throne warm.

A bit too edgy for my liking but still an interesting idea

Go back to tumblr.

I still say Pink Diamond was Rose's ally or even mentor and that the other Diamonds killed her and said Rose did so they could spread propaganda against the Crystal Gems. You can see it worked really well by what Ruby tried to do to Steven.

why would Garnet and Pearl believe the propaganda, though?

Because they trust Rose? Hell, Pearl would most likely take a bullet for her.

Why is it in Rose's favor that everybody believes she murdered PD?

It's not? If Pink Diamond was secretly a Crystal Gem and they make it so Rose killed her, it would generate hate for the CG maybe even grounds for a war?

If they run with that plot it would probably turn out that Rose never bothered correcting them due blaming herself due the circumstances.

Im more going with the idea that Rose poofed PD (who likely was naive more then actively malicious due her age but still not on the rebellions side), and then other Diamonds shattered PD when Rose tried to use her poofed state as a bargaining chip (as seen on the murals) and Rose blaming herself for that she never bothered disputing the propaganda.

I guess.
heck, "I really killed her (well I didn't, but it's still indirectly my fault)" is one of the worst cliches

Lads

The lion is Pink Diamond. It's clear as day.

that's why there is 7 of them.

I think the sword is PD's. And Lion is her cracked gem that was about to get corrupted and instead of becoming a beast, go healed by Rose and became a Lion. Something akin to a familiar to her.

kek

no but really. from what I saw the bitch's hair look like I immediately thought of the lion's mane. Either way I really want the show to explain more about where the lion came from and who he actually is but of course that will never happen

I could accept that (but I personally don't believe the sword is anything special).

bismuth literally says she forged the sword herself.
Is this now a "let's come up with the dumbest possible theories" thread?

No, this is a "user, who can't read makes stupid statements" thread.

"An user", user.

The theory is equally stupid, regardless if I quoted you right or not.

Nice.

You quoted me wrong and by doing that misinterpreted what I said, I said the sword might belong to PD.

Ah, that changes everything, let me rephrase what I said, then:
Oh wait, I didn't need to rephrase anything, it's equally as stupid of a theory

Because Bismuth only forged weapons for CG, and if PD was a hidden member of the group, of course she would also receive weapons. But sure keep stroking your dick user.

I'm pretty certain that the implication is that Bismuth made it with the explicit intention of it being used by Rose.
But of course your theory is technically undebunkable. Even if the show clearly shows pink diamond being evil, rose shattering her and bismuth forging the sword, you can still claim that it was all a ruse to fool homeworld gems and crystal gems for reason unknown.

Damn, didn't remember that line. My bad user.
Disregarding sword being PD's, I still think it was propaganda. And if the writers want to make Steven right with his "mommy never killed anyone" shtick, they can just go with that option.

Sorry forgot to add.
The diamonds would fool homeworld gems to spark more hate against them. Make them hate the CG for what they did, not because they are being told to fight just because the diamonds are commanding them to do so.

And the CG would stop seeing them as gods, they'd understand diamonds can be broken. Just look at how Peridot was afraid to talk shit to yellow diamond.

Again sorry, this one came out wrong.
This would work against the diamonds in the end, but I think it was to try and make them think like Steven does. Gems shouldn't be destroyed yadda yadda.

You know what? Fuck this, these shitty writers would never make this as convoluted. They don't have the brain power.

dang nabbit triple-post three-trips man.
Take a deep breath, drink some water, and then write your entire theory in one comprehensible post.
You are making it seem even more convoluted.

I'm at the point where I'm confusing myself. If I go on too long I forget what I was talking about initially. Take everything I said with a grain of salt user.

Here's a webm for your troubles.

I really hope they don't go with the propaganda "Rose didn't actually kill Pink Diamond" as it would just make the Diamonds look like one dimensional . It'd be interesting if Rose started off similar to Bismith, ready to kill for justice, only to become pacifist after she realizes that Pink Diamond would've been negoiated with instead of having to shatter her. It would make Rose a complex character with the implied atrocities from the Diamonds having some weight instead of them being the cliche evil emperors.

Dialogue shamelessly copied from Furi

But they are probably going to go with the whole "Rose Quartz is actually Pink Diamond" Shyamalamadingdong twist.

It's very boring in space

One dimensional in steven universe? That NEVER happens! As long as your not one of those guys that hits on girls in parties….Those MONSTERS!

As in expect the worst, then it will be worse than that.

That's Steven Universe.

TELL THAT TO PINK DIAMOND'S SHATTERED GEM!

What if Peridot and Lapis went into weed dealing?
How would the two be while high?

rose did nothing wrong

Peridot is even green. And they'd totally just talk about Camp Pining Hearts and meepmorps for like, weeks on end.

…come to think of it they're a couple of socially inept teenage runaways who live in an isolated barn and make art in their spare time. There is an incredibly small chance that they DON'T smoke weed.

Not much of a Ruby fan but I love the pose here.

They'd both mellow out, but I imagine Lapis would get giggly - having a good sense of humor under all the snark - while Peridot would get philosophical when her mind started to freewheel rather than obsessing over things.

I don't understand how the order matters

I still don't get what this webm is trying to say

JEWS

It's an argument that jews totally aren't to blame and the holocaust was unjustified but in reality pearl makes the argument for the nazis in the way of fighting for the jews, since the jews are a large network of peoples who want to screw over the goy and nazis are often just called out to be one single entity and most commonly associated with their head honcho, Adolf.
tl;dr Lardcarrot was making the argument that jews are a single entity and not to blame and we should blame larger uncontrolled forces like kike hate groups and made the great counter argument for her own cause in doing so.
Also it's pretty unclear why the crystal jews are fighting those gems, since they aren't really hurting anything and are just kinda around.

Do you know what theory's even more stupid? The idea that Pink Diamond came out of the Earth when her emblem's on one of the ships used to colonize the fucking Earth.

good point.

And speaking of stupid theories:

I once read a theory in the dark depths of tumblr about the gems' origins and the blogger said that in a parallel universe, humans created gems because they first made pearls as Pearl is also a human name. Yeah, it gets worse from here.

She also said that White Diamond used the same time-traveling hourglass Steven used in that one forgettable episode to travel back in time before humans evolved to start gemkind again, all without explaining why she would hide a powerful tool on her enemy's planet instead of a secret vault on Homeworld, and not focus her efforts to destroy the temple when Earth got compromised.

You can't get more autistic than that.

Where's that second picture from?

reverse image search fails, but I can guarantee you it's fanart, not a leak or teaser.

These megas are dead.

Have they been replaced yet?

the 720p one works.

It's a nice pose but I think her right ankle is broken.

huh, kinda looks like that. Shit

It's not too late to fix it. Unlike actual SU staff.

Well, they don't seem to mind going off-model.

On the creators' twitter accounts, you can find sketches of the characters that are purposely way off-model attached to tweets of the creators joking about it because they think it makes the characters flexible and more expressive. And this is the least awful cartoon CN has up its alley.

…I misread that. Damn picture.

And in an case, Greg is physically incapable of not knowing where to score weed. He strikes me as the type who hasn't smoked since Steven was born but he's a musician, those hookups are bolted onto the brain.

on the topic of transformers parallels, they Gems are clearly artificial, Peridot states they were created to conquer worlds, I must ask who are the Quintessons to their Transformers

>implying he didn't score some off Vidalia

What if the gems were originally created on what would become Homeworld to be slaves to their alien creators? The diamonds saw how their kind was subjugated and started an uprising that killed them all. Then the diamonds created a caste system that gave everyone roles according to their gem type.

And the reason they don't allow freedom for their subjects? They're creators' species lived their lives freely, which made them callous and selfish and caused their downfall. The diamonds fear if they followed their way of living, their people will suffer the same fate. So they decided to conquer the galaxy to give their people a higher purpose to be apart of so they wouldn't go astray and tear each other apart. Well, until Earth.

You know what pisses me off the most about this show's horrid writing? It's the fact that their lack of consistency kills any real conflict, for example Stevonnie beat Jasper on her own with no help from the other gems and Jasper is meant to be this badass but she kept getting beat by fusions.

I'm sorry but Stevonnie already beat Jasper, there is no logical reason for her to have second thoughts about her own existence, I mean I know they're doing this to force drama but it's just horrible fucking writing.

This is what happens when you let hipsters write children's cartoons.

Isn't a new episode like today

This hit me really hard on the baseball episode, is like they arent in any real danger, When peridot was the bad girl she was incompetend and dorky, and Now jasper is completely outclassed.

Villians need to be treatening!

Remember when they stopped from saving the world for a birthday?

See what will happen over and over forever: Characters will procrastinate over world ending problems. Then they will bust out a dues ex machina over their feelings and instantly solve the issue.

digging through old SIR content

thought you guys might like this

loser

Animeflavor doesn't update as fast as daily motion but it's sure as shit better than kiss cartoon

HEY SUEG
ARE YOU READY FOR SOME GAY?
GAY AS IN DUDES IN LOVE
GAY AS IN MEN IN A ROMANTIC RELATIONSHIP
GAY AS IN A PERSON WITH A PENIS PUTTING HIS PENIS IN THE ASSHOLE OF ANOTHER PERSON WITH A PENIS?
GET READY FOR THE NEW EPISODE OF STEVEN UNIVERSE

REMEMBER

"IN MIGHT HAVE ALWAYS BEEN GAY, BUT NOW IT'S EVEN GAYER''

Direct DL: dl.sug.rocks/preair/04x05.mkv

Mega: mega.nz/#F!aFVwTBxB!GKeouMwlFlHUwTAGix6R-w

Better lay off the cheese

I just saw it and there's nothing gay in it. Some very light bromance but that's it… Can't believe you had me watch a fucking SU episode.

On a different note, this is the first ep I watched of SU in a very long time. And that was a very bland experience… No wonder people hate this aside from the SJW shit.

I bet they don't even imply penetration, you homo.

what are you fucking gay?

So I was watching an early episode of this show where Steven first met Connie. I actually forgot what it was like when they didn't pander to Tumblr. I realized how Steven went from sounding like a normal hyperactive but relatable boy to a really feminine boy concerned about feelings. It makes me think what it would've been liked if the show wasn't too concerned about Tumblr and made Steven cared about emotions but not to the point where he's extremely feminine. Not saying it's a flaw. If they want to make a show about a feminine boy, go for it. I have other shows with more masculine heroes. It just makes me think sometimes they do it to Steven to the point he's one dimensional or worse emotionally stunted

Also the animation was far more on model than later seasons.

Where would you say was the turning point where Steven went from "goofy, slightly developmentally-arrested but well meaning little kid" to "passive, lazy, stunted teenage fag who expects everyone around him to do all the work for him and appeals to petty emotion like a woman"?

I know /co's attitude toward Steven changed when they showed that episode where Steven sang in a dress.

But I think it started slowly in the beginning of season 2, or earlier with the cat mutation episode and where Steven turned old where scenes that would normally be black comedy because of how riduculous the scenario was were taken very seriously. Seriously the scene where Pearl broke down in tears in a fucking clown costume being immediately followed by Garnet violently shaking dying Steven was supposed to be sad?

It was obviously meant to be funny. Really, I don't think it would have been as funny if there wasn't that forced tone of sadness and despair to be undercut by the humour.

You can have multiple emotions running through a scene.

That episode was just so that the show's creators could cram in a bunch of Akira references to assert their weeb levels. Despite that, I actually liked that episode.

The whole of Steven Universe is a massive, sticky love letter to animé in the form of a western cartoon.

That's funny. Not sure where that accent came from. Must have been automatic for some reason.

I was referring to everyone's reaction to that scene. While people were saying it's pretty dramatic, I was laughing hard because I thought it was a good example of black comedy.

You're right- I poorly misread your post.

Media critics and political extremists have little to no understanding of jokes, especially self-depreciation, and social media and imageboards have plenty of both from opposite ends of the aisle. I think that's the reason why the jokes of this show have become so much sloppier and more hashed-out and why the tone has become more masturbatory and self-congratulating the more it panders to its Tumblr fanbase.

Steven trying to flirt with connie makes me uncomfortable, for some reason.
Maybe it reminds me of when I was a kid.

Steven Universe was always somewhat Tumblry. But season 2 is when everything REALLY amped up.

Its because really what should have been a massive shakeup (HOLY SHIT ALIEN INVASION) because a status quo, and a status quo focused on fee fees instead of comedy. Its inane to care about the feelings of some teen girl when the fate of the world is at risk.

I have no idea why a character based on Rebecca Sugar's brother flirting with her racebent self-insert would creep you out.

It could be, but it also could just what it says it is. If they were gay, you know they'd have had even more over the top shit to say it, like Frowny wearing a rainbow shirt or having an earring.

WHY?! WHY NOT JUST MAKE A GOD DAMN GOOD ADVENTURE CARTOON?! Stop sucking up to the Japanese and just make a cartoon dammit! People don't like shows because it has a bunch of references! They like it because it is a good show! I don't get Rebecca's thinking process….If she has one!

My theory was that the first Gems came about naturally through freak geological events, and then eventually figured out how to make more of themselves. Though the artificial race idea makes more sense.

I dunno where people are getting Steven becoming less mature; half the show at this point has been about Steven realising how most of the people around him have tons of mental problems and trying to help them work through it, whether through Inception therapy, Broadway musicals, pretending to be a coin operated robot and occasionally beating the shit out of them.

Because its a massive, sticky love letter to moé shows.

Because it takes more than playing at being Fairy Godson to a bunch of flabby beachside hipsters to be mature. Steven is far less proactive now than he was at the start of the show, he's less in control of his emotions, and he's become a lot more self-centered. He does less training now, he rarely gets reprimanded or taught lessons when he fucks up, and he's now wholly reliant on Connie to carry his weight for him on the battlefield.

Steven has NOT become lazier. By season 4 they FINALLY show him doing SOME training (1 time per fucking week with a kid who doesn't go to school, but Il take what I can).

The thing is that he was ALWAYS lazy and uninterested in the world around him. Just this laziness and disinterest are MUCH more jarring when he knows in how much danger everybody is in.

It's one thing to not care about your own history when there is no threat, but its another to care more about watching people play with garbage in a barn when there seems to be a real threat on planet.

Which is why the show busts out dues ex machinas all the time so that Steven never has to suffer the consequences of his actions.

Care to provide any examples?

The Cluster randomly and without foreshadowing having it's component shard still maintain their sapience and powers of reason enough to speak and not want to destroy the Earth, something the regular share monsters don't have, and being neutralized by Steven telling them to calm each other down, because apparently the only thing stopping them from attempting internal communication with each other for the last several thousand years was not having an outside figure tell them to try.

Also Smoky Quartz.

Well dues ex Machina or the villain turns out to have never been a threat.

Like after dilly dallying around with not trying to find Malachite (Except for 1 token episode about how "Hard they are working"), they knock it out with no effort whatsoever (Or Steven Uses a new randomly developed power to defeat the enemy). Same thing with the Rubies.

Like I'm not even Holla Forums but because they cross wired their metaphors and put a hard focus on that fusion is pretty much sex or a relationship, when the Rubies do it, it's not even in the same vein of power as a Mixed fusion….

So the point is that race mixing is better then not?

Besides and the best example I can think of is how Jasper ALWAYS loses to fusions. She's supposed to be this major threat, an experienced veteran that went toe-to-toe with Garnet, and she lost to fucking Stevonnie. Smoky is a little more forgivable since it has more Quartz in it, it could fight outside her range, and she was at the end of her rope (I think). However, you'd think that someone that's been fighting for millennia longer than Amethyst or Steven could figure out Smokey's weaknesses or at least go toe-to-toe with it.

But without the robot battle, how would Peridot have her character development with Pearl?

Pick one.

Oh god don't remind me. That was the episode Steven OFFICIALLY became the king of faggots and stopped being a kid.

What sort of boy doesn't want to see giant robots fight. And in classic babied faggot fashion, has a faggy competition and declares it a draw.

I feel really empathetic to Peridot because I would be like her if I was trapped in the SU world.

At first I would try to work and put effort into shit. But as Im humiliated and worn down, and see that in a SJWs world hard work gets you nothing but feelings get you everything, I too would be driven to madness and playing with garbage in a Barn.

Jasper underwent textbook badass decay because she's been the only* credible physically threatening antagonist to the CGs in the whole show. Everything else has been Monster of the Week shit that's at the threat level of a zoo animal. So every time they wanted to create any real tension Jasper had to pop out and get smacked around.

Now the sensible thing to do would have been to expand the roster of villains and give Big J a break, but nope. Thankfully they'll be forced to do it sooner or later now, because with Jasper corrupted and the Ruby squad Lost In Space, this show now has literally no bad guys in it.

I want Homeworld to roll up in force, or some humans with an agenda to take an interest, or fucking anything but this weak filler. Or will they just admit creative bankruptcy and bring Jasper back for another beating and/or a redemption arc?

*Lapis being an exception for one episode - Malachite counts as Jasper again. The Rubies were never threatening.

Are they going to turn Jasper into a tsudere character when they bring her back?

They are going to do that aren't they?

Dealing with Homeworld/other threats will always be put in the backseat in favour of interacting with the Beach City natives/dealing with feelings

What'll happen to Roy in the vid will happen to Jasper (and what happened to Peri)

Which would be OK-ish, if the show didn't pretend it was something else. It doesn't deserve its new themesong like: "Woah, look how much in OVERDRIVE! Our show is!".

Also if all the citizens were not morons who can't notice an alien invasion to save their lives, maybe I would care more about their safety.

It's like Beach City is a simulation, a sham, a coverup. You see almost no outsiders, I don't recall ever seeing Lars n Sadie selling a donut to a tourist.
How does that place stay in business?

My personal theory is that Gems leak radiation that dullens the brain. And the Gem HQ has been leaking it for generations.

It's like Teufort from the TF2 comics. An entire town of lead gem-poisoned idiots.

Its like these people have been seeing monsters and disasters all their lives at least twice a month, to have a trio of magical princesses kick the shit out of those monsters until there's only a pinkish bubble left off them.

Honestly, if I am going to be angry at Beach City, I'd need to be angry at every single superhero comic ever. Its like a smaller version of [Insert Metropolitan City Here].

Hell, the guy who founded the city literally barely survived a kraken attack because of a giant woman and her less giant component parts. And they warned him that kind of shit happens every week around there, and he still built a tourist trap town.

Say what you want about Beach City's residents, they have balls. Or at least mortgages.

Also, this week's episode was kinda meh but the lesson seems valuable; you can't snap someone out of depression with the right words and you shouldn't be expected to, just hanging out and helping them have a good day is a step forward.

They did something similar with Lapis; iirc they outright said she's traumatised and/or depressed, and dealing with it in her own time while finding a new equilibrium.

You, my good sir, are a moron. You have shit taste and you love SU because it probably reflects how you imagine the world too function in reality. And you probably never read comics except for some clippings of silver age comics that you read before a haircut once and you base your entire view of comics off of that singular experience. And so you will make up whatever lie, whatever delusion to tell yourself that this is a good story and a good plot.

These people don't act like real people whatsoever. Not even like how people behave in comics. When they see monsters, they run. When the hero shows up, they ask the heroes questions.

Even Fucking Superman has a reporter following him around asking questions about where is he from and which monster he defeated. And if Supers isn't there, there is a token mention of the military, which shows up only to be defeated.

But the citizens of Beach city panic when the LIGHTS go out, so get your head out of your ass about them being brave. And they never ask questions like "Why is she, purple?", "Why is there an alien attack?".

If they had an agreement and know the history of the Gems or ANYTHING like that, then why does Reynaldo not know ANYTHING about it. Or is he conveniently retarded and everybody else knows what's going on, but never mention or talk about it?

I have a place where you can fit in perfectly:

>>>giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?489590-Steven-Univ3rse-The-Great-and-Lovable-Thread

They are very accepting, and since they also lack any form of critical thinking, you will fit right in.

How would you replace Peridot's character development and fix Steven's faggotry?

Wait, is that true?
That's really fucking weird.

One, the point the Mayer makes is that entertainment keeps people happy. If they are not entertained, they will notice giant hands show up now and then at the town then fall apart to destroy most of Boardwalk with unerring frequency.

Second, the gems have been a part of life since ever. Ronaldo is the perfect point about that; he Needs to believe there is more to the fantastic side of life than the Gems, because there is literally no mystery about what they are, what they do, and what happens around them, in the same way there is no mystery about shit like commercial flight, computers and breathing. (Ie you dont know all the details but there's no mystery about them)

So, why is she purple? Gems
Why monsters keep happening? Gems.
Why is the ocean missing? Gems.
Why is there an alien attack? Gems.
Why my restaurant's sign got destroyed? Gems.

Beach City is jaded about Gems. And I'd argue, the rest of humanity too; being everlasting, secretive AND approachable, there's no real mystery about what they did or do. To the point that the sum of their accomplishments fits in a travel journal.

Look I get what you'r doing. Your making stuff up. It reminds me of those people that pretend that My Little Pony is some super high flying awesome action show because a character punches another every 11th episode or so.

Its a cute children's show, and is great to entertain your 5-year-old, but it's no fucking action show no matter how much you want it to be.

But your point outright makes no fucking sense. I can't even argue with you because your level of denial is just silly. Your making a non argument:

So Reynaldo is looking for supernatural stuff, because he is bored with the actual supernatural history, and pretends not to know anything about his actual supernatural history to pretend he is discovering the real supernatural history because it's so mundane?

Depends on the target demo. At the moment the target demo is SJWs. If I made it to young girls, it would be more slice of life and have a more relaxed feeling to it. Steven would loose faggotry regardless, but I would make the world overall more tragic and focus more on melodrama then pretending im an action show. Or maybe go the Sailor moon way and cram them both together

If its young boys, I drop the fee fees, and focus on the world building, and having it make sense.

Only in those conditions can the characters thrive.

Don't you think the era when a race of crystal women descended from the stars to expand their elegant civilization on Earth would've inspired the formation of some sort of cult or religion to worship them, especially Homeworld?

I feel like an antagonistic human force could've answered some vital questions about the gem-human relationship that needed to be answered early on. At least we'd know how one group of humanity thinks of gemkind. Hell, imagine the depth and moral dilemmas they would've brought into the show: Is it moral to kill the ones you swore to protect even though they tortured your friends? Is every life on Earth worth protecting if it desires its own destruction?

Imagine if in ATLA we were never shown or heard of what the ordinary citizens in the world thought of the Fire Nation and its atrocities aside from the opinions of the main characters. Doesn't sound very competent, huh?

By separating the humans from the main plot, the Earth ironically becomes dehumanized and has less depth as a result of reducing humans to observers and leaving them in their own fucking plot chamber.

What ideas do you have in mind for tragicness, melodrama and making sense, user?

The problem is that you sorta gotta rebuild it from ground up. It's like a house that's so ruined, it's best just to knock it down completely then do repairs.

For more melodrama, I would make it that the gems DID destroy ALL of the previous Gem Empire in the past war, and the ones coming after them are the remains out for revenge. Leaves a much more bitter taste in the whole experience. Remove "Bubbling" because that's an easy way out of moral quandaries.
Or reverse it. The gems FAILED to defeat the gem empire and are on the run, and roses accidental pitstop with Greg means trouble for the earth.

Remove the child safety edges from this show so much. At first the show just focuses on the townsfolk, and have them suffer from real problems. Make Steven less of a child, and maybe add a school element and more children then 3 or so. Also dump fusion as a mention about relationships.

The Gems spend their time fighting off probes, and for fun add some extra supernatural elements outside of their control. Keeps the mystery stronger. Instead of just fighting animal gems. Then the first squad of Gems arrives and it's nothing like they have ever happened and the whole town and maybe the whole world is shaken up.

Then maybe they have to go on the run across the world, meeting people, other monsters or the like, and ending with Steven and the Gems ambiguously leaving the planet (Maybe with new allies or not?).

So how long until this becomes /yuyu/ - Steven Universe General?

Another problem I have with this show is that, well there is no real fucking conflict!

Homeworld doesn't seem to give a shit about Earth even though everybody then send there doesn't report back and YD doesn't seem to care that Peri has become a traitor to homeworld.

In the first season the show did have a certain mystery to it as you didn't know why the gems were there and why they were protecting Earth. But now there is not a single reason to care.

Bismuth is the best episode in the entire series because there was real conflict for once, Bismuth's ideology posing a threat to Steven's peaceful idealism. And at the end you could tell Steven didn't want to poof Bismuth but he had no choice but the show never follows up on anything else.

They introduce all these concepts and they just ignore them because they wanna pad the show with filler.

Fuck this show and the brain dead Tumblr apes who like it.

Close, what it needs is to drop the ball so fucking hard that it's popularity goes to hell to the point that even Tumblr drops it, or at least stops talking about it so frequently, just like what happened to AT

why is there a fucking communication hub on the moon is what I wanna knoe

what, when, who?
What's one the moon is most likely a private Diamond base.

give it a season or two.
Hopefully the fact that Crewniverse already has a planned ending will prevent it, but who knows.

Why wait?

But it's not that private now if any jackass can take a trip to the moon and open it with a human hand.

RIGHT NOW

The Communication Hub was on Earth, user. The moonbase was a control center for overseeing the colonization project. It had the emergency spacephone but that wasn't its main function.

First, scrap the "smol cute slice of pie" trait or at least keep it as a secondary trait and have her robotic elements be the primary trait important to her character. Make her a gem controlling a robot. Or at least her head being the only thing light based.

Second, her character development went perfectly before Catch and Release. She went from cold and robotic to more emotional and self confident. She was got really interesting when she got stranded with no additional tech to aid her, thus forcing her to adapt and evolve while she avoids the Crystal Gems. After Friend Ship, there should've been an episode that solely focuses on Peridot, which showcases her progression from bored, machine-like, but capable of small outbursts in rare occasions personality to adaptable, self confident from avoiding danger for so long, and more emotional personality while on Earth. Maybe befriend Ronaldo like a brother who indirectly lead to Peridot to becoming more self-reliant and adapt on her own despite Ronnie being an adult mooch That episode would give us insight on what her mission is and how she went from supervillain smug to desperate before Catch and Release.

When she gets captured by the Gems, Garnet would tear off the gem from Peridot's body. Amythest would throw the body in the ocean only bringing it back up as they need Pearl to find data on her files to find out what Peridot's mission is and if Homeworld is going to attack Earth. Jazz Hand Crocodile Amythest returns when she fishes out the body She'll only be capable of forming her head when Steven unbubbles her, as it's revealed that Era 2 Peridots don't have enough resources to form whole bodies so they had to use robotics to form their bodies. Peridot would convince Steven to help her get to her body using Steven's sympathy and naivety to her advantage. ("Steven, you're too nice to let someone like me be reduced to a head.") Again, that would show how Peridot was interesting because she used her smarts to get out of danger too great for her robotics. When Peridot reaches her body, her head automatically reactivates it. Peridot laughs and blasts a hole to fly away and escape again. Only to crash onto where the Crystal Gems are having coffee. Turns out Pearl took out the power cells in her weapons and flight capabilities. Peridot especially flips out when she found out all her log dates including important information on the cluster has been destroyed after the battle before she was bubbled. The rest plays the same as the original episodes, except Peridot wouldn't act childish when stuck in the bathroom and just act like a snarky and smug teenager still being immature but at least allowing room for some humor that doesn't involve a cheap attempt at getting sympathy from the audience by having Peridot spout meme bait and act like a cat. Twitter likes cats right?

She'll have some self image conflicts like the original except instead of concerning how short she is, she'll be concerned about her being aware that she could be replaced and it would probably make her focus on stopping the Cluster and saving the world less for the sake of blind loyalty to Yellow Diamond and more for the sake of proving her self worth and autonomy. She is still loyal to Yellow Diamond but her time on Earth makes her scared that she'll lose her sense of self, which would later help her defect from Yellow Diamond.

Her character development would come to a close when her robot body was damaged either in a battle against the Cluster Core, Malachite or later on. Steven would try to heal Peridot's gem with her spit, and it works due to him being determined enough to get Peridot conscious again. And Peridot would pop up in either her "smol" form but slightly bigger so she's between Amythest and Lapis in height, or in a Crystal Gem costume.

Oh I forgot to mention. Her biggest character tic would be emoting with her fingers (arrows, smiley faces to mock other people, shadow puppets). After her character arc, she would be much more friendlier but still snarky and smug.

Oh great, it's another peri-autist who writes his fanfiction
>"When she gets captured by the Gems, Garnet would tear off the gem from Peridot's body."
Yup, another autist writing his fanfiction.

Just write your fic, user. Nobody's particularly interested in hearing in exhaustive detail what any one person would have written if they had written this show. If I wanted to read about that I'd search up some 'what if' fanfic or write it myself.

4th pic is pretty cute though.

That's too much autism for one post. I don't think we need a whole different show to fix someone.

I just wish they kept her technology around or turned her into a junk fiend who creates crazy advanced shit out of earth scrap and rebuilt her prosthetic limbs that way like a warhammer 40k ork or something.

This metal bending nonsense has so far proven extremely limited and doesn't play to her character strengths at all. You can actually watch her become dumber in real time as she goes from super brainy techno wizard to an excitable chihuahua who throws metal sticks around.

Kuwabara is best gem

have her come into conflict with jasper more and not be so useless and comic relief

have him realize his mother and the Crystal Gems were not good guys by choice

god this place is deader than /sugen/
good thing /sugen/ is has some sprouts when it's alive

Shit taste.

spectrumbunny.tumblr.com/post/149899520358/lilmizzkrazie-my-sister-katiedid92-and-i-got

"Mr. Smiley is gay!"

"The art I drew of him violently and bloodily raping Peedee proves it!"

If you don't understand the joke, I envy your innocence

Sounds like the average SU fan.

I think this could be explained by Steven not really managing to connect to shard monsters on a mental level. Remember Peridot didn't manage to talk to the Cluster because only Steven started seeing spooky Uboas. This could mean the Cluster was the only shard monster to actually have the required mental power to invade Steven's Rose-inherited implied empathy powers.

That said, I don't know what the fuck were they thinking when they implied they didn't think about talking. I could understand why wouldn't they know about materializing being something catastrophic for everyone, but how in the fuck did they not think about talking with each other?

Care to elaborate?

What would Steven Universe be like if it had been written by Holla Forums tards instead?

steven would look more like onion and it would be about purifying the earth of bad people to keep the bloodlines pure. I also think it'd be the best show on TV because Holla Forums isn't afraid to write some shit that fucks with the normal fag perception. Maybe it could also be about solving murder mysteries and taking down gangs that propagate the disestablishment of civilization

Faggots like you need to go back to cuckchan, summers over what are you still doing here.

reminder that the little arrow to the left of a name is for more than decoration. >filter >name is a powerful tool.

The problem is, it's true.

Why can't I just enjoy a western show about magical girls without it being just mediocre enough to hold my attention and having the worst fans of any show ever. even worse than THAT shows fandom

Why didn't steven just repair zoltron with his spit?
How is everyone so stupid they didn't recognize steven in the booth?

The most frustrating thing about this show is how it would actually improve with a more generic plot. Sugar and her team simply do not have the skill to write something that goes so far off the beaten path.

Their Deepest Lore is already as generic as you can get. Good guys with good symbol. Bad guys with bad symbol. They fight for the earth.

You can't get any more generic without trying.

Why the fuck didn't steven just tell Mr frowny that he's not too late and that they're always time to talk?

In fact why is there conflict in a show where one of the characters can see the future?

They never explained how it works properly. It's either useless or removes all tension.

No, see, I'm saying that the play-by-play is too unorthodox. If you put Steven and company in the most generic Hero's Journey plot the whole story would actually become better.

I think as shown garnet sees the 3 most possible scenarios.
But the 3 most possible scenarios always seem to take place in an alternate universe where no one can apply logic.

I think the problem with thow Is I could randomly add anything or randomly remove anything and the show would be better for it.

This show does so much wrong…You could really fix anything and everything.

Steven's spit is unreliable, and he knows it. I think it's implied to only work on something he cares about.

Its just like Garnets future vision. It does whatever the fuck because its overpowered as shit.

Woah there, user. I think we already scared that faggot to the dark depths of cuckchan a few days ago.

have you seen this post?
I wouldn't be so sure.

What this show needed was more tension and an actual threat to be worried about instead of pointless fee fees. Jasper was to be this, but was ruined because of contrived fusion bullshit that defied the show's logic or lack thereof.

Could someone explain what the difference is between fanfiction and suggesting ideas about how something should've went without having it written like a story?

You mean he cared about every single water melon seed he spat out?

Because Tumblr is the cancer that is killing mainstream media.

Bronies? Loud House? Sanic?

There's not!
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

So why is it that Jasper seems to be the least awful character according to this thread?

kisscartoon.me

If you want animu, then here.

kissanime.to/Anime/One-Punch-Man-Dub/Episode-003?id=128492

Obligatory

Because buff and troublesome amazon.

memes xD

Everyday until you like it /sug/fag

Basically…

Since we're talking about changes that'd make SU better, I think that the Homeworld Gems should've been swapped with the Crystal Gems.

1. don't be autistic
2. contain your ideas to two, three lines of text at maximum. Don't write entire plotlines, just sole plot points
3. avoid making up personality traits and quirks that have no base in the canon content

Fuck off faggot

Posting ponies to trigger you now.

Why live, fag?

what fucking greentext?

There is nothing wrong with fanfics. That is hat I'm saying, faggot.

Kill yourself.

wew

fanfics != greentext.
Greentext is a story container that can be used for actual history, criticism or fanfiction.
And, yeah, there is something wrong with fanfics, at least when they are written in full seriousness. They are a spill of one's internal autism. They expose how one cares way too much about a fictional universe, and how cut of from reality the man is.
It's fine when it's done for humorous purposes, to joke around with your buddies about a show or a game you all like, don't get me wrong. But "serious" fanfiction is 1/10 times plain pathetic.

So when Mr .Plinkett suggest ideas on how to fix the Star Wars Prequels, he's actually telling us his fan fiction. Give me a fucking break.

Yes, some of us care about shitty fictional universes, but not because of what they are, but what they could've been. Too say that every idea we suggest in paragraphs is somehow fanfiction when it lacks all the elements of storytelling is to paint everything with a broad brush and dismiss ideas without considering them. They're just suggestions after all.

You're implying that I give a heck about who mr pinkell is.
I'm not bothering myself watching whatever you linked, but I did jump to a few different points in the video, and every time it sounded like he's analyzing the story, pointing out flaws, inconsistencies, and possible behind the scenes events, extrapolated from what we actually see.

At no point did I head him say "Anakin should cut off Palpatine's head with his lightsaber, only to reveal that Palpatine was really a brain parasite inside a normal human. The parasite then attacks padme, who becomes the new emperor, and the intense emotions inside Anakin make him build a robot version of himself to rule alongside Emperor, while he goes to hunt other brain parasites"

If you can't tell the difference between
and
>Completely erasing later entries in a series, then coming up with your brand new, own solutions to events that you also made up
then you are actually, no joke, suffering from asperger's or autism. See your psychiatrist.

You cannot tell me that deciding that peridot is actually a head slapped on a completely robotic body, then coming up with how that fact affects future events even going as far as making up quotes about the fact and describing scene by scene how the episode about it plays out is not an attempt to write your own narrative and create your own story. It's a shitty attempt, yes, but it certainly is far beyond simply repairing existing problems.

Do you think Steven might be a pawn for the snake people?

Homeworld Gems were so much more interesting than the Crystal Gems. Plus they had a better color scheme.

I think this guy was trying to refer to the part of the video where Plinkett suggested how the clone wars should've played out. It's the part where he says: 'SKIP ALL THE CLONE TROOPERS CRAP" and tells us his What If theory. It actually makes sense once you think about it.

(Yes! Thank you, second user.)
I was referring to the scene in the video where Plinkett suggests his idea for fixing the clone wars by replacing the clone troopers with cloned monsters that eventually push Corrisant into autocracy.

f-list.net/c/jasper cheeto mom/
Just uh
leaving this
**My eyes have been sullied, I wish I had the balls oedipus did to pierce my own eyes with my mother's broaches*

The daily dose

Dear god I agree so hard, Connie is easily the WORST part of the show. Every episode she's in, she takes center stage, even pushing Steven aside so that she can "grow as a person" (a.k.a. disappoint her parents, shirk her responsibilities and be a sword fighter, because "muh stronk womyn of colour"). It's just disappointing, and it's very clear that Connie is Sugar's self-insert point.

Don't get me started on the fact that almost every episode she's in defies logic because of Sugar's "MUH MESSAGE FOR CHILDREN!!!" and "MUH ANIME REFERENCES!!!"

How does she fuse with Steven even though her body isn't light?

Where did the cluster gems come from in the hospital episode? Did they escape the kindergarten? Are there more? Is humanity threatened by them? WE WON'T EVER KNOW!!!!

How does Stevonnie know how to drive even though she's two kids who have no knowledge of driving?

Why is Connie's role so unaffecting and trivial to the main plot when the writers treat her as an important character?

I think you're on to something, user. Either have an important human character who's useful and actually important or don't pretend to have an important character and have her do nothing. If anyone has more examples of Connie's shittyness, please post it.