BOARD TANS THREAD

WELL I GET KNOCKED DOWN

BUT I GET UP AGAIN

NOTHING'S EVER GONNA KEEP ME DOWN

Board-tan thread again. Post Board-tans from all around the site, be it ones actually used (from boards like Holla Forums, Holla Forums, /monster/) or neat ones that aren't used or are from dead boards (like /tg/'s or /tikilounge/'s)

side characters who're not quite board-tans but are still mascots of something, like Request-chan from Holla Forums's drawthreads, are acceptable too

Here we go mates

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/V7U3TYKE
pastebin.com/Ubc6tyx9
zvn-midnight.tumblr.com/
slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/roads/2015/07/auroville_india_s_famed_utopian_community_struggles_with_cr
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Thanks boss

Anyway I figure I might as well elaborate on my end here. Half the reason I did this thread originally is because I'm starting to do comics about board-tans. The main characters so far, since it's who I've got more of a grasp on, are Holla Forums and Vivian, but I've set up the world in a way where everyone else can exist in it, and would like to be able to expant the cast with more board-tans while avoiding half/co/'s trap of deciding shit for the other boards. So I'm approaching you guys with my ideas (I'm talking a bit externally since I normally lurk Holla Forums, don't post in it) for feedback.

Is that alright with you?

Here's the five images from /m/ I contributed to the previous thread.

I also indulged my inner fa/tg/uy a little and made a character sheet for Infinity Holla Forumsnrad in the Marvel Heroic Roleplaying system.
pastebin.com/V7U3TYKE

I had made a different character sheet in the previous thread where Infinity Holla Forumsnrad, 90s Holla Forumsnrad and Bos/co/ were all the same guy stuck randomly switching between forms due to the combination of an identity crisis and a cosmic power-set, but having the various attempts at Holla Forums board-tans all be different guys from different universes living in the same apartment seems to be the more popular backstory option.
pastebin.com/Ubc6tyx9

Holla Forums's currently split between in terms of tans. But generally there's 4.

Seems a bit rough but so far so good user. Keep it up.

this is what I was about to post when I noticed the thread was gone

>Anyway here, have some doodles. I also have some thoughts on their characterisations and shit, but refrained from posting them in the images. Stylistic touches aside, tried keeping true to every reference, except as far as I know Holla Forumsnner had no colour reference to go on so I did whatever I wanted. I now notice I misread Tomo/co/'s baggy eyes as another domino mask though

>this is shit I've thought for myself and my own uses, if you don't like it don't feel I'm trying to force you to use it

Tomo/co/'s the secretary probably, Holla Forumsnner the best detective, Holla Forumsnrad's too busy chuuni-ing it about being a hero to be much of a detective, 90s Holla Forumsnrad probably works better as a wise muscle guy following Holla Forumsnner's cue, and Bos/co/'s a bear.

Mate those sprites look great. It's a shame /x/ isn't as popular here, I really liked their mascot

Oh great there's five now

We also had this shoebill bird detective made a while ago who we never named. Should we use him or nah?

Thanks, that's old stuff I keep around since it's basic reference of the world, though. This is more recent stuff for Holla Forums and Holla Forums; they've no dialogue since I just wanted to test how quickly I could make decent pages for imageboard use, so I thought I'd make it something for anons to add whatever text they'd want.

He's played up as more light-hearted in the Verse. I would probably recommend you just make something new for him in personality for this. I'm still working on the Verse with some other anons but don't really care what you do with him. Technically he's the board's character anyway.

Hey halfchan had Conata, we got Tomoco.

wow thats a really big improvement

how many have you done already?

Who's the little girl in the first pic?

Wait, isn't Holla Forumsnner the guy I depicted there with the brown coat? "90s Holla Forumsnrad" is the Cable-looking guy I also called "Future Holla Forumsnrad" in the sketches.

Wouldn't that work better on the "board OC" threads, though? The ones where it's about making cartoon stuff without necessarily having it represent any communities of people? Dunno, I feel it's not worth crossing these streams. I should contribute to those threads too, I'll try to start drawfagging more around here

Sure, but I like using reference material where it exists, previously. It's good springboarding.

I figured it was a play on that, but when planning this, er, let's call it "8chverse"? I forgot about her- was just imagining Holla Forumsnrad, Holla Forumsnrad, Holla Forumsnner and Bos/co/ living together. Tomo/co/'s actually useful for me though since there's not many characters for Vivian to interact with that feel similar to her and could pass as her friends.

Working on a new story now, got two pages nearly done (need the toning) and two to go. Got a lot more shit planned and layouts sketched on sketchbooks, but I'm trying to hold myself from ideaguying too much.

Rodina, mascot of GETchan. Technically not an 8ch mascot, therefore, but same way I use Gilda (reddit) as expanded cast for Vivian, Rodina fits fine with Alunya.

Seems like a pretty solid set of character interpretations to me.

When I say 90s Holla Forumsnrad, I meant the 'Future Holla Forumsnrad' depicted above.

I basically stole the Punisher's powerset for him, mechanically, but with a few extra power traits to reflect having future cyborg tech built into him.

I swear I saw this on /liberty/. Reading the character now the design makes sense.

Well what I can tell you is that Holla Forumsnner is somewhat wealthy and mostly spends his money on gadgets from comic books which he sometimes modifies to be more useful for crimefighting. He's got good detective skills often being the one to break into places to get info on people than directly confronting them without evidence, he's the guy you want with you since he does his 'homework' very well.

That's pretty much the fundamental stuff to help. In the verse we usually write him as more light-hearted compared to the other heroes of the city he operates in. But for this I think you should go with the gritty, noir detective style to make him different from the others.

You got Gilda, the Deep freeze sisters, Ereca ( Blond brainwashed Vivian clone, she's not Polina, that's a different character that stayed on half chan.), and e-book tan.

Don't forget Nazi-fied Alunya too, I'd post the images if wasn't on mobile.

Wheres Bizarro Holla Forums, that character that looks like a Holla Forums but with bizzaros geometrical white skin and a Soviet arm band?

Oh, that reminds me, I was thinking he just has impossibly big guns on his amount of really small pouches. Gels with the Punisher's powerset.

From what I know GETchan's admin is a nubile-looking young guy, so they just made the character a cute girl dressed as a Pioneer who's all for old school USSR communism (as opposed to Alunya's who's normally depicted more as an anarchist).

Sure, but other than e-book tan and Polina they're all external to the site and more tied to GamerGate, which is something I want to avoid here (I want this comic to be about tying Vivian back to board-tans, not to GG). Plus until recently I didn't have any ideas to use the DF sisters in. So any other character to be part of Vivian's social circle is good to me.

This is also the first I hear about Erika and Polina not being the same characters. You sure about that? Going by her thread on /vivian/, Polina's just a redesigned Lilian Woods. I was pretty sure I even had the original image of her edited from Lilian into Erika/Polina, but can't find - nevermind, here it is. Of course, that element of her real name being Eva Braun and not being related to Vivian's pretty forgotten by now- I'm just having her be Holla Forums's kid, Viv's cousin, and Lilian James being her pseudonym.

If I've got all this wrong though, please correct me.

I'm already having enough trouble thinking about how to write Alunya and also whether to acknowledge Catgrill Drawfag's comics, nazi Alunyas is just adding more to the confusion. Give me some time before that

Never seen him. Got images?

I think they don't have to contradict each other, being a noir detective and also more lighthearted, but I'll give it some thought. Regardless, thanks for the info. You guys ever did any art of him coloured, incidentally?

Pretty fucking sure, I'll post the image in the morning, it's 4am around here.

Sadly no because we've been trying to get art of everyone else during all these months. So pretty much the art of him was the stuff that came from the threads or at least until one of our artist decides to do him again. So far Holla Forumsnner has just fallen back into use for the writers while the artists go to work on everyone else until we call them back to do the completed scripts.

OK, I'll carry on having him use red tones in his outfits then. Thanks for the help, man.

She's technically not, unless if you count brainwashing a clone of someone like Vivian and making her your child a kid.

Wait till the morning I got some.

Well I was working on apparently "wrong" lore, so whenever you post the image in your timezone's morning, I'll rethink that stuff.

Actually never mind here's the images. Polina's the one with the hat and currently in charge of 4/pol/ after Holla Forums left.

Go for it man.

Your drawing of Holla Forumsnrad with the Infinity-Gauntlet actually helps sync in with an idea we were trying to think of.

Also go on ya for making it the original infinity gauntlet. One of our artists was drawing up concepts to make a new version to keep it from seeming like a Marvel ripoff.

Perhaps the gauntlet acts as a vessel for whatever powers are placed into it, and after losing the gauntlet's original source of phenomenal cosmic power, Holla Forumsnrad figured out he could give it electrical powers by charging it up from a wall outlet?

That also opens up the option of gaining other powers by absorbing various sorts of energy attacks, though said powers wouldn't last for very long.

Ah, so the powerset I gave him would just need to add back in Frank's 'Tragic Past' limit, ditch the Cybernetic Senses and lower the Durability down to d8. And probably rename Weapons to 'Big Guns', like Cable has on his official character sheet.

Start a thread on /monster/ I'm sure they'll be more than willing to help. I pretty sure they've got a couple more characters/jokes you could use.

Just make sure to post some original monster girl art or smut to appease them first

So did 8/pol/ just recycle her name to the Lilian revamp?

No it was most probably the newfags on /gamergatehq/ that got things mixed up. Also I'll post some more /pone/-tans later but you should really start a thread there.

yeah no need to post them here, I know I can just go to /pone/ and find stuff. They're probably the board that uses their board-tans the most.

I thought she originated on tumblr?
Also is that adrien brody as Holla Forums? I thought he was jewish or something?

She's kinda adopted by /pone/, same as Holla Forums with Rodina, from what I grasp.

And it's Adrien Brody, yes. He's a jew, which adds some irony. Fits, visually, though. Recently when talking with people we realised that Macauley Culkin, shaved and with hair dyed, could probably play a good live-action Holla Forums too.

I'm starting to run out of non-Vivian Board-tan images, so have some Vivians.

Hold there's some things I've got saved that might tickle your fancy.

Also who's the cutie in the second pic?

One of the /cyber/ attempts that got nowhere.

Oh.
I also have all the Wacky Racer cars/tracks saved, with the addition of the animations too.

That'd be cool shit to post when you can, I wasn't on Holla Forums much for that first year.

post more bos/co/

here, the two other bos/co/s I have saved

We should make a JoJo-styled board-tan just to piss off that guy even more.

I'm glad someone acknowledged this. I get sick of people saying she was black and sheeit.

Just have one of them be a JoJo fan (Holla Forumsnrad?) and the other be really triggered by it (Tomo/co/?)

…And I might as well write up the gauntlet power set I proposed, since I've already got a good idea for how to model it in my head.

DEPOWERED INFINITY GAUNTLET
Electrical Blast - D8
Electrical Control - D8
Energy Resistance - D12
Mimic - D8
-SFX: Energy Absorption. On a successful reaction against an energy attack, convert the opponent's effect die into a Mimic asset. Spent 1 PP to use this SFX if your opponent's action succeeds.
-SFX: Energy Drain. When using Electrical Control or Mimic to create complications based around draining a target's energy, add a D6 to your dicepool and step up the effect die by +1.
-SFX: Unlimited Power! Spend 1 PP to step up Electric Blast to D10 for one action. Step back to 2D6 for subsequent actions. Recover power by activating an opportunity or during a Transition Scene.
-Limit: Charged System. Shutdown a DEPOWERED INFINITY GAUNTLET power and gain 1 PP. Recover power by activating an opportunity or during a Transition Scene.
-Limit: Empty Vessel. The Mimic power trait can only create power trait assets through the Energy Absorption SFX, and these assets must be of a similar nature to the attack that was used to generate them.

m-more?

How about adding representations of other imageboards as neighbours? Like, there's numale neighbour (Cuckchan), there's slav neighbour (Dvach), there's recently deceased Euro neighbour (Krautchan) etc.

Way I was imagining was they're more geographical things. 8ch is a neighbourhood set in some sort of Tokyo-that's-also-cities-of-all-the-world that's the wider 2ch, 4chan's across the ocean, there's Dvach in Moscow, etc.

Cuckchan should be a house inhabited by a nu-manlet with a horrible haircut, a transgender rainbow colored SJW with problem glasses, a fat nigger (redwood), and a normal-looking guy who lives in the basement representing the remnant who refuse to leave and still posts as if the great cuckening never happened.

here, just made

Gonna start posing the shit I promised to post..

What happened to the other thread.. and everything beyond page 5 for that matter?

I was going to suggest prodding /tg/ to discuss their board-tan now that their drawfags have awoken from their thousand year slumber.

Here's Nazi Alunya and Bizzaro Holla Forums

zvn-midnight.tumblr.com/

Wacky Races now

And that should be it

actually that's rachel purity

oh hey, I remember that, I drew it! It wasn't meant to be /a/ tan, it was in a thread where people were trying to come up with a site mascot. Hence the wheelchair.

Please draw more

/tg/-tan really needs some more love.

Here's some old shit.

Not a board-tan, but every detective story needs a good femme fatale, right?

I wish /tg/ could do more of The Dungeon Master

does this /late/-tan concept count if it was made over a year ago

8/toy/ is dead

/campfire/ is dead

and they never got mascots to mourn

Replace them with tombstones.

gamergate saw the recolor and shared ti with Holla Forums

there were arguments about the name

initially polina was suggested

but everyone pretty much agreed on Erica because song related

This is a great thread

I'm surprised at the amount of saved wacky races content

I didn't remember I had these

i cant remember the last time Holla Forums struck anything.

You know, looking at all these pictures of Holla Forums-tan, I kinda wished he had a bigger build and much better facial hair/stronger jawline like Vandal Savage or David Xanatos to get the message of "Aryan superiority" much better.

I think most people just don't see Holla Forums as the MAN OF MEN type. If we had a board about being Alpha Male Big Dicks, then a body like that would be perfect.

What, no Ocu-lass Thrift, the dumpster diving college grad? What is this, amatuer hour?!?

We should ask some mildly active boards if they have a board-tan. Maybe we could get some OC.

I think it's been mentioned here already, but there's very specifically only some 6 boards that regularly do board-tan OC. Holla Forums, Holla Forums, /pone/, /furry/, /monster/.

I like how she's almost a female interpretation of the old /ic/-tan from 4chan.

most nazis weren't that built

hitler certainly wasn't

but that charisma

That reminds me
Are we going to have a Infinity cup this year or the site as a whole declined ?

I need more Rodina in my life.

he's less an aryan superman and more a man against the world though, I think. the kind who'd be in a conspiracy thriller. more keanu reeves than stalone.

finishing a comic now

Nice man
Why are you so infatuated with Alunya and Holla Forums characters?

they're cute, cuuuuuuuute

also Holla Forums's vilified enough throughout the site that they feel to me pretty perfect characters to use as heroes for a twist

Fuck off back to Tumblr, SJW cancer.

Aaand Tumblrage Guy is back, checking those file names to save us all.

I'm guessing the twist is they really do want to help the oppressed, but they are constantly misguided by da joos and capitalists.

Yep, it's Tumblr Tard.
You can tell because he thinks image macros and greentext quotes are counterarguments.

fuck off

Yeah, it does feel good to be mindlessly gregarious, doesn't it?

You forgot your image macro. Are you running out? Quick, better do another Google image search for "cartoon vomit".
Must be tough having to screen the results for Tumblr filenames.Don't think we don't appreciate the work you put in, because we don't.

Hey HighJinx

Not the same guy, and yes I did forget them I'm on mobile.

Or they're dumbasses for believing in Marxism and get played like a fiddle from all three sides.

But can you believe in Marxism like it's some sort of perfection, ever-elusive? A world where everyone is kind enough to care not only about himself but also about his neighbours? I can be a wide-eyed idealist.

They already tried that it India. it failed

slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/roads/2015/07/auroville_india_s_famed_utopian_community_struggles_with_cr ime_and_corruption.html

Normally I'd start mumbling something along the lines of "it's too early for such experiments, further conditioning is required". After recent reality check though, I'll say "We just have to keep on looking". Maybe one day capitalism will become obsolete, just like communism did.

As long as people like to have and want stuff from material needs to consumer products, it's never going to happen. The human creature is too much of a troublesome animal for such an idea to come to reality.

Only things like the Borg or a hive mind society can Marxism finally take place.

No.

Humans really are strange creatures. Collectivist on animal level yet individualist when it comes to higher brain functions. Still, my point still stands - we have to keep looking. If not for THE system that will make everyone happy, then for something that will satisfy the majority.

The twist is purely in using them as main characters without malice instead of having the ridiculous common repulsion a lot of anons have. Same thing as with Uncle Holla Forums or Polina, if I can think of ways to use them without just being LOL LOOK AT THE DUMB NAZI, I will.

Speaking of, with this 4-pager done, I'm a bit stuck. I've a 12-pager about Holla Forums and Vivian sketched, but I feel it's not ready for being made yet, I need a better grasp on all the characters. So I was thinking of doing 2-page introductions to the characters, kind of like those ads Archie would do to remind kids of their superheroes they weren't using at the time.

We'll just bitch and moan for mundane crap, just look at the modern day SJW always trying to find ways to make people equal. They fail because there isn't shit to fix anymore, the crap you see happening today is all the cause of stupidity. And because SJWs are infecting teaching institutions with there stupidity, nothing will ever get done. The only things that's brought actual peace in the world besides alcohol, is the desire to buy shit and waste time trying to get shit. It's called consumerism and I quite enjoy it.

A better idea would be to use more unknown characters instead of everyone's favorite punching bag and dipict both parties as crazy camps of Holla Forums nonsense.

Amen to that. Have a cutie.

Here's the problem with that. I really want to, as much as possible, use the characters in genuine ways that fit the boards they're in. The more unknown characters are from deader boards. Deader boards will not care for board-tans, leaving me to make a lot more decisions about their representations, which irks me. Whereas with Alunya or Vivian or the Holla Forumsnrads I can go to their boards and talk with anons easily to get a grasp of what their thoughts are.

Why not make them a knot of The Questions?

What about the boards that are just on the brim of the top 25 like /pone/ or /loli/.

Well, Aryanne was already brought up itt. Didn't see that much of a reaction to her.

I consider /pone/ not to be part of the "unknown characters", and /loli/ last I checked had no board-tan. This is anecdotal, but I see it more from the perspective of "boards who create and use OC of their mascots" rather than "top 25 boards". That gives us Holla Forums, Holla Forums, /pone/, /monster/, /furry/; additionally and hopefully from now on, Holla Forums. Holla Forums gets a lot of content made but from what I know not as much of board-tans, just general Pepe and pals stuff.

Of these, Holla Forums and Holla Forums give us the best characters for this context - hard to do /pone/ since their context implies the whole MLP thing and Equestria and all, although it can certainly be done, and /monster/ and /furry/ I'm not as familiar with, and thus don't have any ideas in mind for them (other than a vague notion of N8 being the stray raccoon who wanders about the place).
Hence in the end my focus on the Holla Forums cast (including GG hanger-ons, which itself kind of branches into including Holla Forums in the absence of Holla Forums itself doing its content), and Holla Forums.

In what sense? I'm afraid I'm not getting your suggestion, you mean in terms of writing the Holla Forumsnrads? If so, I was thinking of having Infinity Holla Forumsnrad having dashes of the Question, yes.

Here she is, the fourth spoiled image

Shame on you

I meant using the Question as an idea for how to handle Holla Forums.

That was the general gyst I had in mind, yes. Some Mr. A too, probably.

It's not a fetish that interests me in particular, so never saw much reason to browse it, I'm afraid.

What about /tg/

Again shame on you user.

Judging by user's posts in this thread, or maybe on the one before being deleted, /tg/ hasn't given much use to their board-tan, thus being in a Holla Forums-like situation. I'll eventually go there and research myself though. He'd probably fit as just another inhabitant of the residence (speaking of, thinking of doing a plan of the house so you guys can give some ideas on how the Holla Forumsnrads live, worthwhile?), with his apprentice Sable visiting to learn magic/pen n paper-ing.

I'm sorry, please no bullying

SHAME!

>not exploring JUSTICE

recent stuff

No, I asked for a tall, frosty glass of JUST ICE.
A tall, frosty glass with only ice in it.

Where are they from?

Holla Forums drawthread & Holla Forums gg thread

Thanks for the heads up. Gonna upload them to the booru since there hasn't been any Holla Forums-originated posts there in a while.

I say go for it. There haven't been any objections to your ideas for the characters so far, so it looks like you've got some solid core concepts. Now it's just a question of how well you can execute those ideas, and we can't provide any critique on that until we actually see it done.

The Polina w/ Dakimakura image in OP is newish. Even if it is just an edit of this.

It was posted to Holla Forums then posted to the Holla Forums gg thread & now it's here.

Goddamn, why does a look of condescension get me off..

No. JUSTICE.

Clearly, somebody needs to combine the two.

Is the drawfag still here?

I love world building like this. Great work user.

It was mentioned in /tg/'s drawthread, but the reaction was generally "oh yeah, that thing!"

/tg/'s pimp lich doesn't even really have a name, as far as they know.

All claimed.

sweet

Why does this bear have hellboy's fist?

So /k/ managed to dodge all of this?

whew

I did a Vivian pic for today, not sure if I'll scan it and clean it up. But I figure 2 years of GG is pretty close to 2 years of Holla Forums for most of us as well.

I should probably get to drawing more of her.

(checked)

(heil'ed)
These are some nice stuff! Keep it up.

its good

I like these too

Hitler renounced christianity and committed suicide, Christ-tan wouldn't like nazis as a result.

Osakaposting is banned on /r9k/ now

Who is this semen demon?

The board-tan for /qu/ or /quests/, I believe.

Likely a natural enemy for the /tg/ lich, given the whole lich vs adventurer dynamic and the fact that quests are banned over there.

I used to collect comics a long time ago (Daredevil 150-300), and I just wanted to say the comics coming out from here regarding all the different boards and their mascot/tan have been wonderful. Keep up the good work.

Does she have a name? /quest/y?

I honestly don't know. I'm basing my guess entirely off the fact that the first image was titled 'qu-tan'.

Great OC, guys. I haven't seen much new Christ-Chan OC recently though, maybe someone could work on that?

Keep in mind that Holla Forums's 3rd birthday is also coming up.

Oh hey, there's some of my own content in here. I thought they were lost after my hard drive crashed. Neat.

That art style.

I LIKE that art style.

You. You keep doing you.

I LIKE IT.

preparing the first "introducing character" two-parter. I'll have it finished after some sleep, but meanwhile, thought I'd copypasta the basic write-ups so you guys can complain and suggest shit back and alter them.

I like to imagine that Holla Forumsnrad's use of the Infinity Gauntlet-stand-in started out as the 'Let us make good ' scene from the first three images in , followed up immediately by the caption 'And that's when things went very, very bad.'

I hate to be a kill joy, but she's a clone of Vivian brainwashed with feminist ideology, then re-brainwashed by Holla Forums after Holla Forums and Vivian captured her.

Don't forget brainwashed (I guess de-brainwashed) again after hanging out with Vivian and her crew.

Her brain is practically soup at this point.

I love Erika Polina & Tay as a team. They're the perfect odd couple.

Polina is always serious and disgruntled at the world and it's media and degeneracy, while Tay is just an innocent AI who's been taught by the internet. Tay is perky, happy, perpetually bright-eyed whole at the same time delightfully raising her arm and promoting race war. Polina's taken it upon herself to teach her new robot friend the SUPER-SERIOUS importance of fighting the degenerate threat and the virtues of nordic supremacy, and Tay just happily takes all the input and repeats with a smile.

They're such a great match.

So where does Ammit come into all this?

It looks like Holla Forums set up Holla Forums and tumblr. What happened to the latter anyway?

I'm very triggered right now.

'Tis the end

It's a little surprising that /cuckquean/ ended up with a board-tan, it being a pretty niche board and all.

Don't you mean the far distant future of [CURRENT YEAR]? Gotta work in that Marvel-style sliding timeline, after all.

This is just a suggestion for a possible storyline, but…

Also, I know you're not ready to get anything written up for /tg/ yet, but are you familiar with a tabletop rpg called Paranoia? There's an active thread on it in /tg/ right now if you're not, and I bring it up mostly because I think that descriptions of daily life in Alpha Complex might be a good source of ideas to mine for depictions of Fortune City and its iron-fisted, yet often illogical and inefficient regime.

gilda is so cute. Is this comic posted anywhere else or here? I would like more of this.

Every time.

Holla Forums should always and forever be depicted as antagonists who relentlessly cook up their latest harebrained scheme to bring about communism. They are never discouraged no matter how often they fail because true communism has never been achieved yet.

What, like Dick Dastardly and Muttley?

He's the crazy hobo that lives next to the pile of garbage outside of the apartment.

I RECOGNISE THIS ART
Questfag is that you?

This is cute as fuck.

myowngalpal on tumblr

Artist from last pic made a porn image as well. Should still be in the /x/-tan /x/ thread.

By the way, /cyber/-tan's design isn't still very clear. Initially, most people simply accepted , but then we started getting Holla Forumstards complaining about the degenerate (kek) hairstyle. Then we got (5) and people complained that it looked too anime-y and not enough /cyber/ (hence the redesign at [1], which may be too post-cyberpunk now), but in general it didn't get many complaints. Then we got [2] and it got some praise from two or three users, but it looks like some sort of unholy fusion between Death from the Sandman and some Homestuck character, based on a "what if Molly Millions was in DooSex: HR and became a boring depressed hacker" concept while somehow managing to look even less /cyber/ than the previously mentioned.

I lreally like that /tg/-tan design, but it's pretty much a Sram from Dofus.

OP's last picture looks like she has a cock.
CANNOT UNSEE

she's not meant to in that one, but here

/r/ing nudes of /r/-tan.

Those were great times

(heiled)
How do we bring it back though? More drawfags?

try to find someone with enough time to produce a basic mario kart clone with easily replaceable sprites on /adgd/

Maybe.

I feel like these collective ideas are like the peak oil. There's an apex of productivity with that many heads having a bunch of ideas and throwing on the table. There's a point where there's nothing else to draw anymore because we reach a concensus so there's no point in drawing anything else.

I had a great idea for a kart for /pone/, where the car is shaped like a cupcake but the board agreed on the car set, and the thread died over time. But I digress, I do have a big fat ego.

We COULD bring back wacky races if we were to redesign the cars, or make a comic, or do anything to keep the juices flowing. As is now, there's no point to bring it back.

Try drawing her riding that questing beast girl /monster/ made, like some anons suggested.

There's something horrifyingly hilarious about Holla Forums's grin.

Also, imagining Holla Forums with a slight German accent.

Nah he's full blown American

Fine………

Early Holla Forums history.

She also had an Xtub or somethign account and has a sweet body.

10/10 would so horrible crimes with.

(third one. Moot?)

Can anyone identify all these?

First one is /tg/, second is m00t, the third were concept images for a Holla Forums mascot.

Pretty much what I was thinking, yes. Not how I was thinking to portray it in his two-pager, but it would follow from those images.

I really don't know what to make of her. My interpretation was based entirely on what I knew of her RL circumstances- someone likely falseflags on Ghazi, makes Lilian, Holla Forums turns her into Polina, so if it's a falseflag, from the start she was never an SJW. But then the CONLeaks indicate she might have actually been an SJW joke done once, and I have you guys telling me her lore is completely different, so I don't know. I'm putting her story off until I figure something I like, because making her a literal Vivian clone feels to me makes Vivian too important, like she's some superhero or anime hero.

I don't know enough about Ammit yet to tie her in. I've a vague notion everyone magic-related is probably tied together starting with Holla Forums's meme magic attempts with /x/-tan, which is probably where /tg/'d fit in too. Don't know yet.

My intention was to mock Marvel's "in the future!" stories, rather. Like Iron Man 2020, which in 4 years will be completely and utterly outdated. Hell, only reason I don't make it "the future year of 2012" or something is for the fun of having his future be the present, plus the obvious joke reference to the Ghanan kino masterpiece, "2016 (Part 1&2)"

Thanks for the story suggestion, that's actually pretty great. Filing it for future use.

Just use him as Rorschach.

But I don't want to use anyone really as antagonists, user. Repeated anarchist antics by Alunya is probably the way I want to go, though.

The Sram isn't meant to be /tg/-tan but his apprentice, Sable. The /tg/ Vivian James, I'd guess.

Anyway here, the first finished two-pager, I'd guess. I hope that disclaimer at the start is enough to assure people that this is something I'm doing by myself with anons' help, but still not meant to be rule and law. I swear to Christ if I see any drawfag go "I wanted to draw this, but it'd go against the comics" I'll go nuts

Very nice, the art looks good and the writing makes for a solid character introduction.

If it helps, there have been plenty of depictions of Erika since her initial creation showing her as a separate character entirely from Lillian Woods. It's probably best to ultimately leave it up to Holla Forums, but I like to think that she's somebody that Holla Forums-tan took in off the streets and My Fair Ladyed into her current form.

As someone who participated in the thread where she was made, she was basically created because some /tg/-anons myself included wanted a cute girl for a board mascot.

As a bit of a compromise, she was made the lich's apprentice, and everyone in the thread was fairly satisfied with them having a basic character dynamic of grumpy, but world-wise old teacher and enthusiastic but inexperienced young student.

Is there a wiki for Board tans?

Tan lore is "malleable". As long as it doesn't fully retcon what was worked on, you can use anything you want. Tons of comics and art shows both Lilian and Erika together, at the same time, in the same room, so making Erika be just an adopted sister of Lilian's, or genuinely Holla Forums kidnapped her and cloned her and then turned the clone into the most respectable and self-reliable woman to have ever been, is acceptable. Hell, you could even make Erika come out of nowhere, "Holla Forums actually always had a daughter but never let her leave his sight and never allowed anybody know until he felt she was ready", and that could be fun too.
As usual, great shit from you

There are listings of cuckchan's board-tans on a few wikis, but nothing for Holla Forums.

Not for 8ch, no. I'm holding on to /boardtan/ thinking what to do with it, and we can also start a booru and a wikia ourselves if we want, I guess.

I'm thinking this thread has probably reached that point by now. No more pictures and not much else to really discuss as far as board-tans go.

The Tale of Two Sisters: Lillian Woods & her younger sister Erika Polina.

Separated in the mad chaos of 2014, amidst the mass bannings and the burning and destruction of thousands of comments and threads on Reddit. One little lost girl was taken in by GamerGhazi, the other by Holla Forums. One spoiled rotten and raised as a special snowflake, the other raised in the grubby trenches by Uncle Pol.

Each became a true believer. Now Lillian is a Social Justice Stormtrooper who can't stop telling minority gamers that white and wealthy people like her know best. Meanwhile while Erika is proud to wear the Iron Cross, and also believes in telling the the world white people know best… for slightly different reasons.

And then they met their cousin Vivian James, and each other. But the sting of betrayal is too great for any family time, as both agree the other is guilty of WRONGTHINK, and deserving nothing but pity and disregard. All to the snarky bemusement of Vivian, and outright confusion of Gilda.

Holla Forums thinks there's just too many godamn tampons in his bathroom now.

Im going to stop you and say no. There's a point where bullshit making reaches its point and we're finding ourselves right near the rim. I say go to the GG thread on Holla Forums and ask them how they see Erika Polina/ Lillian Woods as.

The ironic thing is, they're so amazingly alike. Both smug, utterly self-righteous and completely open in their inherent superiority to everyone else. Only they understand the FACTS, and if you disagree, you're simply too stupid or you're just NOT LISTENING!

And most amusingly of all, they both despise Vivian's friends in #NotYourShield.

Whereas Lillian believes those dumb GG-supporting minorites are just too "stupid" to realize that rich, white, college-educated people like her are attacking and changing gaming for their benefit, Erika thinks those uppity minorities are actually deviously clever, and are conspiring to inject their race-swapping agenda and sexual deviency into gaming and must be exposed because "sunshine is the best disinfectant."

Hello.

Sincerely, GG on Holla Forums.

Colored.

So, I know that Holla Forumsnner has gadgets, Infinity Holla Forumsnrad has whatever power is left in his gauntlet, Future Holla Forumsnrad has lots of guns and Bos/co/ is a bear, but does Tomo/co/ have any powers of any sort?

If she's an alternate dimensional counterpart to Holla Forumsnrad, then it might make sense for her to have her own infinity gauntlet. Those don't function when removed from their universe of origin, so that would explain why she doesn't just use it to return everybody to their home universes. You could also throw in the twist that it looks like a Barbie accessory version of the infinity gauntlet, and have her be a bit embarrassed about it any time she even has to show it to anybody, which would have the added implication that the rest of her home universe has similar aesthetics, and thus she's not sure she would want to go home, even if she could.

Of course, giving her her own unique power set, rather than having a copy of one of her counterparts' abilities, could also be fun. Maybe her clothes are all-black underneath that hoodie because she's playing host to a Venom-style symbiote, for example, or maybe she's got an Etrigan-style demonic possession going on, but doesn't like to let the demon Holla Forumsrrigan out to play because the constant rhyming drives her up the wall.

Thoughts, anyone?

She's just cyclical. Also she has some mad bullying skills if you give her any form of power, just look at what Tomoko did to that one poor girl that tried to clear a misunderstanding between her and her crush on Tomoko's brother but I do like the glove idea.

Whatever happened to Holla Forumsnata?

I thought Bos/co/ had the Right Hand of Doom.

Forgotten

Also, in keeping with Tomoko's noted perversion and the suggestion from that Holla Forumsnrad's glove might have to run on electricity, now that its original source of phenomenal cosmic power is no more, it could be that Tomo/co/ is also able to get some use out of her glove by charging it up from a wall outlet or slipping some D batteries into it.

Rather than getting something like Holla Forumsnrad's sith lightning, though, Tomo/co/'s glove can only vibrate.

He does have it in at least one of those images up there, true. Given that he hasn't had it grafted onto his body, though, perhaps he's keeping it in order to keep it from falling into the wrong hands, rather than to use it himself?

SHOOOCKER!

WAIT A SECOND THE GIF WAS POSTED BEFORE THAT IMAGE WHAT THE HELL

I'll CHASE YOU TO THE ENDS OF EARTH!!!

Stumbled across a more recent version of the sprite sheet from in an unlikely place.

where on earth, I don't even remember posting that

4chanhouse.org, of all places, and I only stumbled across it due to google.

here
Quick Holla Forums OC. >>>Holla Forums7347839

is there a tan for /k/?

I don't remember them having one back during last year's anniversary picture contest, but I might have missed it, or they might have settled on something since then.

Nice.

when I asked them they said to just use Zergfaec as their representative.

Ah, right, this guy.

been busy a couple days but here, layouts for the next two two-page intro stories

here's hoping they dont get all jumbled with the upload

no text in general and loose sketches since it's just reference for myself really, just posting them here for att- to show that content's still being made.

Nice

Come on you guys are missing out on some great opportunities to make them some kinda ecci little girl lewdmonger.

Tradition states that a board must design its own -tan. We cannot do it for them.

they have a few guys now.

The cheekiest of breekis

I guess it's not of any importance but Bill Willson/CIA, /bane/'s

fuck

Eh, attention for you and an update for us seems like a win-win to me. Just don't let it go to your head and become one of those thin-skinned attention whore types and everything should be fine.

i'm not /k/ but probably this guy too

/erp/ is a slow enough board that they actually still have a board-tan thread up over there that started last year. They have no artists, though, so they didn't manage to get anything definite worked out.

I've said it one I've said it a thousand times, Christ-tan would not like nazis. Hitler was a neo pagan

She's naive believing anyone can be saved, why do you think she hangs around Holla Forums so much.

Also fuck off with the whole "Christ-tan would not like nazis" Holla Forums created her first and has say in what happens

very nice

gentlemen see

thank you user.

I though she was the tan for /christian/

she was created by Holla Forums before the exodus. /christian/ adopted her as a mascot. from what I know they've since rejected her, too.

Welp, this thread is past the magic 300 on posts. I'm guessing it would probably be a good idea to leave it up to OP to create a new thread when he has more material to post?

when I've finished these two comics I'll start a new thread, if someone else hasnt

Save your comic to an album on a website like sli.mg

I've never seen most of these and I was there when this whole thing started all those years ago.

That's good, isn't it?

I've been posting them on tumblr but as I mentioned, I also have /boardtans/. I'll start an actual thread there for archiving.

I actually forgot my own login for /boardtans/ so I've started another board, /btan/. Going to use it as an archival of my own comics, feel free to use it too and add more stuff.

>>>/btan/

Have you contacted the webmaster?

Not yet, but I was regretting the choice of url anyway

You don't know much, they still use pictures of her

No one cares

Did something of Tomo and bos/co/

What's wrong with her face!

Huh, I almost forgot about this. Turns out when Vivian was born 4/b/ got jealous and wanted a daughter of their own. These were there attempts.

Is the thread auto-saging?

I wish /ani/ weren't so kill.

How would you make a board tan for a board with users who have vastly differing opinions to each other

Yeah, I think we are.

SOMEONE MAKE A NEW THREAD

Either make two or give them two heads.

It hit autosage 20 posts ago. OP will make a new thread when he has more comic pages done.

Fuck that, keep interest alive by showing lurkers this thread is still alive.

Be the change you want to see, user.

But the boards are all but dead.

Desperately need a colorization of this. It's too damn good and celebratory to let slip away.