What is the best Zelda game?

What is the best Zelda game?

the one zoe never played

That's an easy question. Ocarina.

LttP

the one I played as a kid

This. The GBA version because of the extra content.

Minish Cap
Majoras Mask

2D:
Link to the Past aka the one I played as a kid.
3D:
Ocarina aka the one I played as a young teen.

Perhaps absolute worst taste. Best 2D is Link to the Past, best 3D is Wind Waker. The N64 Zeldas are vastly overrated. Frankly, so is the difference between 2D and 3D Zeldas. Unlike Mario, they end up playing very much the same, so with Ocarina of Time you basically get Link to the Past with ugly, brown graphics. Majora's Mask is more different, and I respect its effort, but it's not worth the amount of repetition you have to do due to the time mechanic. People bitch about the Temple of the Ocean King in Phantom Hourglass, but they don't bitch about having to repeat random bullshit in Majora's Mask, even though Majora's Mask will have you repeat a lot more unless you're already great at the game and know how to do everything in advance and on a time limit.

Granted, they're all still good.

Currently playing through WW and I'm finding it's gotten more hate than it deserves. It's pretty fun. I think mostly people didn't like the art style.

I couldn't stand that piece of shit game. The boat is an asshole. "Go this way" NO NO NOT THAT WAY, GO THIS WAY.

Might as well be boat simulator

OOT had me play through it twice. Which is something that takes a LOT for me to do these days.

ALttP felt too much like a generic top-down action game with RPG elements. Minish Cap at least feels more Zelda-y

Wind Waker has great graphics. They were smart enough to make a style that played to the strengths of the series and hardware, rather than going for some sort of half-assed realism, which results in boring ugliness that becomes less and less impressive over time.

Also, the boat only tells you where to go at the very beginning of the game. Very quickly you get the ability to go anywhere you want. Plus, the boat's controls at least feel better than the horse. Twilight Princess is better than Ocarina and Majora largely because I can turn into the Wolf and go almost as fast as the horse, and thus it's easier to just ignore those awful controls for almost the whole game.

What does that even mean? LttP largely is what "Zelda-y" is, given that it's one of the earliest in the franchise, including the first with a substantial story, and only the second that's in the classic style (since Zelda II is so different). LttP is different from Zelda I in some ways, such as being much more linear, but then all the later sequels are like that as well, so they're all taking that from LttP rather than Zelda I.

The GameCube version of Twilight Princess is the Canon version you stupid cocksucker. There is no shitty controls

this guy knows his stuff

Not only is LttP the best Zelda, it's arguably the best videogame of all time. Right next to Super Mario World

It's funny because Ocarina of Time happens to be the highest rated video game of all tine. But nobody cares about what critics think

OoT is overrated. Majoras mask was better and both are 3D copies of the style of play that LttP had.

I mean the Gamecube version. I said the horse has bad controls in every game it's in. Obviously Ocarina and Majora don't have Wii controls. Learn to read.

>>>Holla Forums

What we can't discuss videogames on Holla Forums now? kys lad

>>>/r9k/

I don't want to kiss a lad

Ocarina or LttP

Maybe not the best but these 2 games got me hooked

Irene is secs