Only 40 days until nuMST3K saves 2017

Only 40 days until nuMST3K saves 2017.

Fuck me is that really going to be the new cast? I was actually, legitimately excited for the new MST3K until I saw your pic, now I have exactly 0 interest in seeing it, I'd rather finish my backlog of the original

Real killer shit right there

Holy shit is that Tom Kenny?

So what movies are they going to riff through this time Holla Forums?

So, I've seen it brought up before by someone claiming to be in the know, what the fuck happened to Patton Oswalt? What dirt do "they" have on him?

I remember his stand up itself used to be pretty good, and not overtly political with jokes like how he wanted to stomp through one of those villages for midgets. Then somewhere along the way all his jokes became either overtly political or reference garbage.

As stupid as it was, I'd actually almost prefer the political shit because his reference shit is surface-level BBT shit, like the last big thing he was known for was a rant he did on Parks & Recreation where he referenced Star Wars, Star Trek and X-Men. It was so… plebian and surface level and nonsensical, you'd think he'd at least stick to the theme of sci-fi, you know? Every appearance he's made in movies in the last decade has been basically this same shit, just "haha, remember Aliens? Remember Battlestar Galactica? I live with my mom, will you breed with me?"

The person who says he's being controlled or blackmailed usually posts a picture of Oswalt with A Wyatt Mann as evidence, and says Oswalt's a satanist who has an insane hateboner for Christianity, and something having to do with drugs or something.

I feel like at one point he was funny, but now he's on a leash and just says what his masters tell him, even if these masters are both metaphorical and ideological in nature (i.e. "to stay in line with my progressive friends I can only make 'jokes' about how I'm a pathetic loser for being a white guy.")

Disgusting.

Being responsible for his wife's death what with all the drugs he had laying around the house surely broke him. Then he became easier to manipulate. Never watched his stand up so I don't know if he's changed.

0 interest in seeing this reboot. Leave the 90's be.

So he kind of went the Carlos Mencia route when it comes to a comedic style change. I think people forgot there was a different kind of Carlos Mencia before the one they recognize with the racist and retard act with Mind of Mencia.

I think one for comedy central presents was a good example. There was another one I saw late at night but missed what it was called that had more intensity that his later comedy specials and much more clever. I guess you won't see him anymore since he's had no comedy specials since 2011 since Joe Rogan's plagiarism claim. Didn't he defend Amy Schumer's joke stealing years later?

I think one of the best examples of this joke stealing from a video I saw way back when is the joke of building a wall to keep the Mexicans out and the response to the joke is, "who is gonna build it?" Forgot the name of the comedian but if that was the best example then you could accuse me of plagiarism as well or think realistically that the joke was generic that anyone could of thought that up. My mom could have made the punchline in her sleep.

I guess Mencia still does comedy but isn't as big of name as he used to be. Same as Dane Cook whose only recent big blip was calling out AVGN's Ghostbusters video as sexist loser or whatever.

So how many nanoseconds until a Trump 'joke' that isn't funny?

That "who's gonna build it?" joke was claimed by a jew called Ari Shaffir. I don't like either comedian, but Mencia told it better.

HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS

very good post user

He got popular in Hollywood.

The result is that he started being friends mostly with the Hollywood types and only partied with such hyper liberals that even the middle of the road liberals would think are sickening.

I remember in one routine of Oswalt's that he commented on how he lived at one point in this really shitty apartment building with all sorts of nutjobs living in it. He has no need to do any such thing now, he can live in the cushy pleasant areas and never deign to present himself in any less than extravagant setting.

A key issue is just that he's living a nice life without any problems. Comedians aren't funny unless they have problems. Jim Carrey had a mother that was basically on death's door for years and was bed ridden, which led to him just wanting to do anything to get a laugh out of her. Robin Williams suffered from bipolar disorder and constantly had issues with incredible depression. What problems has Oswalt had?

Oswalt is not a social reject of any sort now, he's quite rich due to the Hollywood movies, and he can just enjoy doing most anything he could possibly want. He has no problems and thus experiences no misery that would necessitate using humor as a defense mechanism.

He no longer is capable of identifying with the common man. He no longer has to associate with the common man in any way. It's a problem that comes up with many people that live in places like hollywood or highly liberal enclaves, they no longer have any reason to appeal to commoners.

And since most of his humor was based on the idea that he was nerdy or felt like an outcast, it means he no longer has anything to joke about since crap like X-Men is really fucking mainstream now.

What's the point?

There are riffs of people far funnier I just need to download.

Hell, I could do it on my own by calling some friends and have a movie night.

tl; dr: Even the original MST3K wasn't that funny to begin with. Phase IV is a legitimate good film.

Just look at that cast.
Only looking at this pic is brainwashing me with neo-liberal social propaganda.

pretty sure rifftrax is still a thing, there is a reason why the show got cancelled

This makes far more sense than any supposed blackmail or "orders from above."

Sounds like you're obsessed with identity politics & mainstream media garbage

heh, trumpcuck btfo

Even the set in the background is gay

Are we going to have to put up with your passive aggressive shit for 8 years or are you going to get over it?

I though he died a decade ago. He fell off the map hard. I remember he used to make movies back in the 2000s, so you'd think he go begging for Sandler to give him a part.

He's been in a few in the 2010s but they all tanked. It also became the popular thing to hate him.

The original restricted itself to some very simple rules
1.) None of them are allowed to talk when the actors on-screen are talking
2.) The comedy has to be restrained because of network standards
3.) There are no jump-cuts to film commentary like you'd find in modern internet movie riffs. The only time they stop the film is for intermission and/or commercial break

Basically the point was you got to see a really shitty movie but with commentators to make it less shitty

It was funny. Mike was funnier than Joel though.

this shit reeks of numale garbage.

I hope not. Why would he be there?

Those are wasted dubs and you're a waste of toilet paper

And the year was off to such a great start.

MST3K was the original friend simulator. The orignal wasn't all that, and in the age of the internet, it's totally obselete.

Oswalt looks absolutely fucking miserable.

I'm sure he is feeling the guilt for killing his wife

This is going to be unwatchable, isn't it.

You forgot the best part

Is she the new Bobo?

You weren't as funny Joel.