Windows 10 is fucking garbage

I bought a one of those low end intel hd graphics pcs inside the monitor things by dell at hhgreg for 425 dollars and like all premade pc made after 2015, it came with windows 10.

windows 10 is shit. slow, less compatibility, less options. it's shit. I only bought this because the motherboard from my actual good gaming pc died and I'm a neet.

this is a fuck windows 10 thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

manjaro.org/
sabayon.org
manjaro.org
antergos.com
majorgeeks.com/files/details/destroy_windows_10_spying.html
github.com/Nummer/Destroy-Windows-10-Spying/tree/master/DWS
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What motherboard did you previously have that can't be bought with 425 dollars?

did you reinstall windows 10?

What the fuck did you expect??

Windows 10 is good. Every second Windows release is good.

Windows ME - Bad
Windows XP - Good
Windows Vista - Bad
Windows 7 - Good
Windows 8 - Bad
Windows 10 - Good

My thoughts exactly

I'd use 8 over ten

Botnet-lite

I also bought a laptop with windows 10 pre-installed
I know a guy who could downgrade it to windows 7

But is it worth it, or is it the same shit as W10 ?

I take it you're a Mac/Linuxfag?

Son, XP would be the shit if it kept being publicly developed. DOnt say its legacy, its still updated by Kikesoft for the IRS

My hues are gone OP, you would get some otherwise.

Seriously though, if you save a few neetbux a month, a gaming PC could be had for pretty cheap (~8 months if you save back $75/month, pirating Windows and all your games). Do yourself a favor and roll it back to Windows 7, it will work with those fancy UEFIs that everyone has.

Oh shit no

I can't into codeā€¦.
I heard a lot about Linux-Mint though but I don't really know if it's good

This is stupid. Aside from the shit start menu, Win 8.1 is fine.

Does anyone here have an opinion about Linux-Mint ?

You can forget the word "security" with Linux Mint. Just use any other distro and install Cinnamon.

I evaluated it briefly and it just looks like an unnecessary reskin of Ubuntu. I decided against is and just installed LXDE Ubuntu on my dad's laptop and grandma's computer.

Also 95, XP, and 7 were the only decent Windows releases. 98 was OK too I guess.

manjaro.org/ KDE version. Gnome is for babies.

i'm using windows 7. it works fine. i've gone like 4 or 5 months without re-starting and even then it was deliberate.

it's been incredibly stable and has no issues.

I see
It's really hard to find an OS other than windows when you can't code

Fucking ADS IN THE GODDAMN OS.

That's what you get when you put street shitters in the captain chair. Enjoy your fucking diversity, you liberal cocksucking sons of bitches! FUCK YOU ONE AND ALL IN REDMOND, FUCK.

You don't think Ballmer would have done the same shit?

sabayon.org

manjaro.org

antergos.com

There's no need for coding in any linux distro, all you need is a very basic understanding of how to use the command line. The three above all have GUIs for ease of use if you can't bother with the command line but its useful to know it.

vista wasn't that bad

Anyone know if you can still "downgrade" to an earlier version?

anal it until it works
get rid of the stuff(spyware etc) in the windows image iso level
works for me

It was before SP2. After SP2 I'd put it on par with Win7. But sadly the "Vista sucks" meme stuck around after most of its problems had been fixed.

If its preinstalled by the manufacturer then I don't think so, if you upgraded to it then yes.

Don't worry about being a programmer. Neither my dad or grandma are programmers. They're just old people who want to browse the interwebs. Install it and use it solid for a month. Don't like it? Go back.

Grandma got tired of using Vista (in 2016) and wanted to upgrade. She specifically asked for Linux because my uncle recommended it would work well on an old computer. As the resident computer guy I had to make it happen.

My dad saw how much she was enjoying it and decided to have me install it on his laptop to replace Window 10.

I'd imagine wiping the disk and reinstalling would work. Windows 7 can boot on UEFI machines IIRC.

I was helping maintain bunches of staff computers at a university. A few had managed to get permission to use Vista. That OS sucked very badly. Working on a Vista machine was worse than working on a printer.

windows 10 is actually good, took me half a year to get use to, but as long as you use Destroy Windows Spying Lite dot exe its actually a pretty nice os.
> majorgeeks.com/files/details/destroy_windows_10_spying.html

opensource
> github.com/Nummer/Destroy-Windows-10-Spying/tree/master/DWS

I want to play video games tho

Yeah, because removing spyware installed by the manufacturer is something that is normal and OK.

Dual boot.