Transparent chassis electronics

why are there rarely transparent chassis devices ? be it glass or plastic. i think it would be cool to be able to see the chips inside

couldn't think of a good example for pic

Other urls found in this thread:

tssbulletproof.com/optically-clear-aluminum-provides-bulletproof-protection/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

shitty insulation, protection, costs, and goddamn kids can't keep their fingers away from it

There is no difference between clear plastic and colored plastic with any of those things.

The game boy isn't made of transparent aluminum you faggot

because you can't see through the sides of the rack anyway

and if it's not rackmount, it's probably your shitty riced-out vidya desktop that nobody cares about

also because dust builds up on the inside

Plastic = Aluminum retard. Deal with it.

Try 4chan/reddit desktop threads.

Sapphires and rubies

tssbulletproof.com/optically-clear-aluminum-provides-bulletproof-protection/

It's 'aluminium' you idiots

No its not you fuckin retard. If it were called 'aluminium', its oxide would be called 'aluminia'. Its not. AluminUM's oxide is called aluminA.
Chromium's oxide is chromia
Titanium's oxide is titania
Zirconium's oxide is zirconia.
Hafnium's oxide is hafnia.
Niobium's oxide is niobia.
Tantalum's oxide is tantala.
ALUMINUM'S OXIDE IS ALUMINA.

Go fuck yourself.
t. chemist

Sorry, but actually qualified people agree it's aluminium

t. chemical engineer coming from a nation that's intelligent enough to use the metric system

Then you best start saying aluminia, bongfag.

It was originally called aluminum by the discoverer. It was renamed aluminium to fit with the naming of other metals. Both are correct.

It so much to name it similar to other -um elements, but because stuffy ass brits thought 'aluminium' had a more classical sound than 'aluminum,' even though 'aluminum' fits chemical naming conventions better.

Then he realized his errs and renamed it aluminium

Aluminium and aluminum are both accepted by IUPAC. Cry more about your dumbed down English, clappy.
t. chemist

:^)

Because part of the FCC certification required for electronic devices (to be sold in the US, similar things exist elsewhere) is that they must not cause harmful interference, and must accept any interference they receive. Most electronics with any kind of oscillator inside make a metric shit-ton of radio noise, and can be sensitive to outside signals to a lesser extent, so they are put inside a Faraday cage, also known as a metal box.

OP here, was worried this thread had derailed from transparency to grammar nazis, but:

OK this looks like a more plausible answer

It's because you lose the desire to have guts showing past the age of 15. Some PC faggots keep it up into early 20s but have you ever seen a 40 year old with a acryllic case window?

naw i don't mean the 'window' thing in PCs, it's not enough to be interesting to me - i mean the whole case entirely !

pic related is the firefox phone that was released in japan, before firefox OS mostly closed down - undoubtedly for other reasons such as the lack of copy and paste. i think it looks OK, though why they went with brown i don't know.

A completely transparent case doesn't make much sense. However, a transparent pane lets you take a quick look to see if your fans are running, or if there's anything weird inside the case like spider web.

That's just bad design. A proper build monitors these things automatically and alerts you to hardware failures. As you get older you'll learn how to build things correctly and not need a window to babysit a duct-taped mess of parts.

It can be developed but requires low gravity.

You can't always count on software to tell you about hardware failures, nogger. In case you've forgotten, software runs on hardware, so you're more or less expecting faulty hardware to tell you that it's faulty.

FUCK THIS WORLD

BTW they look shitty unless you really take care of wiring

But that's what all ricers use these days gramps, with maybe a acrylic window on one side.

Get with the times.

Which is how it's been done for decades. Integrated diagnostics are nothing new and have been proven to work for decades, especially when they're monitoring a connected device like a fan.

Really? I thought the flimsy, paper-thin aluminum cases were all that's available for purchase today?

Damn, thought that was a P4-era water cooled PC for a sec.

Cool case, nonetheless.

yeah this is pretty messy, and not colour coordinated. i suppose it's extra work to make nice internally

Canadian master race reporting in. We use metric AND call it aluminum.

cool

That game Man looks terrible

Check out my 2ds tho
I'm ready for this design to come back unironically.

Holy shit that looks sexy as fuck. Is that a stock case design or is that an aftermarket chasis?

It's the one bundled with omega ruby it seems, though I picked mine up at a local used games store.