Can you, user?

Can you, user?

No. I started doing drugs when I was fourteen. I literally do not know what trigonometry is.

bomp, I'm really curious if it's fixable

Used to, can't now. This worries me

I came to this point alone.

I was halfway through this, screw you, I wanted to be the smart user for once ;(

Now i remember there was a symetry angle thing. Alt interior angle something. Fuck this is bad

oi, it's not fixed yet. user
gave us right answer, but I can't figure out how he came to this shit.

yeah, sum of angles inside of triangle is always 180 degrees

Got this far…>>6686527

Sometimes the best way to solve a problem is the most simple.

Hehe good luck :D

I think this should be a new thing on Holla Forums some anime goil presenting us with a maths problem we have to solve.

Wrong. A is 20.

Sometimes the best solution is the easiest.
reverse googling the image

We are not allowed to use trigonometry, that means no sin / cos / tan. There is only really one thing we need to know to solve this, and that is that the sum of the angles of a triangle (in euclidian geometry, i.e. a flat space) is 180°.

First, we can instantly figure out the angle at C (let’s call it BCA): BCA = 180° – 80° – 80° = 20°

The last remaining angle of the upper left triangle (lets call it BC’A): BC’A = 180° – 60° – 70° = 50°

Since we know BC’A, we also know AC’D now, because BC’A and AC’D together must be 180°, therefore: AC’D = 180° – 50° = 130°

And from this, we can calculate ADC’: ADC’ = 180° – 10° – 130° = 40°

Since we also know that BC’E = 130° (either due to opposite angles or because BC’E + BC’A = 180°), we also know BEC’: BEC’ = 180° – 20° – 130° = 30°

There is one more angle we already know, which is EC’D: EC’D = 50° (again either due to opposite angles or because EC’D + AC’D = 180°)

At this point, most people get stuck, since you can’t calculate any further angle with the same methods we used before. In order to proceed, let us write down what we know, and see if we can get any further from there:

α + DEC = 150°, because BEC’ = 30°

C’DE + EDC = 140°, because ADC’ = 40°

α + C’DE = 130°, because EC’D = 50°

DEC + EDC = 160°, because BCA (or ECD) = 20°

Well…

It is at this point that I realized I messed up. When I actually tried to solve these four equations, I couldn’t get a fixed value for α. I went back to the drawing board (literally), and tried to figure out a different approach. First, I decided to draw the problem myself, because the diagram shown in the picture is completely messed up with its angles. After spending an hour trying to find a web application that would just let me do what I wanted, I gave up and drew it by hand. At this point, I realized that AC and BC as well as BD and DC are actually the same length. Since I now had a nice, big figure I could interact with, I drew some lines, specifically a line parallel to AB from D towards a new point, D’. Connecting AD’, and knowing that AC and BC are the same length, I knew that AD and BD’ had to be the same length. I could easily calculate the angle at the point intersection of AD’ and CD’, which I simply called X, so that DXD’ is 60°. I was also able to calculate the angle of BDD’, which was also 60°, so the angle DD’X also needed to be 60°, so its sides need to be equal, too (as all the angles are the same).

Lasty, I connect C and X, which cuts the whole figure in half. The triangles AXC and AEC are similar (they share AC as well as the angle opposite to it, and from that or various other means I can deduct that the other values are equal, too). This allows me to connect the distance XD’ and D’E, which are equal. Since XD’D has the same sides, the triangle DD’E has two angles that are equal. We know that one angle is 80°, so the other two are 50°. W also know that α + 30° = 50°, and so we can conclude that α = 20°.

A = 80
Unless you mean α

A and α are the same.

Bah! Humbug!
These are two seperate symbols, although they are essentially the same; they are seperate in the laws of aljebra that being - a symbol represents its own induvidual value -

If A and α are the same, that would mean they would both be 80 or 30 (or in your opinion 20).

A = 2.3α (α = 30)
A = 4α (α = 20)
A = α (α = 80)

They are not the same.

A is based off of α. It's greek. Same data

It is based off, but it is not the same.
That is like saying a Chihuahua is the same as a Grey Wolf because the chihuahua originated from them. So no, as I have stated, just because it has historical routes; that does not mean they are the same nor do they have the same value. If that were the case: what would the point of that be?

Evolution isn't real so your arguemnt is invalid

/a/ has no value because /a/ is cancer.

okay explain why

moderation mostly

if /a/ was gone it would have no impact on the world, as such one can deduce /a/ has no value

oh shit we got a fuckin genius here.

You can also "deduce" that the less pirates there are the higher the sea level increases. It's deduction, but deduction is a flawed system of logic to begin with. Try using retroduction, and you will find a much clearer image than any other system of logic.

Let me just recheck those calculations…

Not sure how you're drawing the DD' line. Could you post a diagram?

Yes, 60°
I got this last few minutes while munching my meal and watching the image.