Lennart Poettering

We should hire a hitman and take this guy down
Everyone puts a few shekels into a crowd funded purse and someone in control of that money and with the right contact gets a hitman to go after him

Other urls found in this thread:

bellard.org/tcc/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C_Shell
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Lennart is a pretty cool guy.
If you think his a threat to a certain type of software all you'd have to do is make better software than him.

Lennart did nothing wrong

Wasn't there a kickstart for that? Sadly it was shutdown.

Just fork systemd already, you lazy asses.

make something better or leave then larper

There is, but he's forced other distros to accept his degenerate pozed cancer.

Seriously, is CTR paying people to post pro-poettering shit now?

cancer

Fork my dongle, faggot.

Just use void Linux

Oh sure, just write an alternative to systemd.

Well fork the distros that use it and replace it with runit or any other autism you want then

systemd is good

"CTR" does whatever you believe it does because you're a schizophrenic shitposter from Holla Forums.
You have to go back.
>>>Holla Forums

This user:

Use Void, improve on it. Be the change you want to see in free software.

Why would they ever use a more-based man instead of a more sane less-based one?

hey i'm checking it out and that's a pretty good suggestion, i'll download it and take a look on a vm

True, it's a weird choice, but you can set your own PAGER env.

Void is good, a bit on the autistic side though, and I've found them to be elitists, even worse than some of the Arch community. If that's your thing though, go for it.

Another good choice is AntiX or MX. They're Debian-based, no systemd with some other nice tools integrated. AntiX runs IceWM by default, MX uses XFCE. They both use sysvinit.

Last I checked, they seemed to be more open to help people, and didn't require any stupid gimmicky shit like running a stupid command to check "you're 1337 enough like us to install L00nix" (ironically, if you are more 1337 than them, you can actually run that command from Cygwin). Has Void finally been overrun by the kind of ricer Archfaggots who actually ran Arch to feel more l33t? I'm not even joking, some Arch users in the Arch forum admitted they were running Arch for that same reason

I don't know, I'm just speaking from my experience and that of a few friends. I know that isn't the experience everybody has had. And it's been months for me. Maybe things have gotten better, who knows?

fucking thin skin fags who gives a shit

Elitism is good. It protects against dumb opinions.

As long as you know wtf you're on about you should be good.

Pick one. But again, as I said, if that's your thing, be my guest. I'm just warning people who don't like that sort of thing that they should probably stay away from Void.

Fuck no. As soon as that happens all the normalfags will demand their proprietary software be ported to GNU/Linux, free software users will become second-class citizens, and we'll be right back the problems that necessitated the GNU project in the first place. At that point you may as well be cygwin on Win10 for all the difference it'd make.

I don't like elitism because it attracts tryhard skids instead of actually knowledgeable people. Look at halfchan, the Arch Linux community, suckless or pretty much anywhere where people tried to be elitist about something that didn't require any real skill.

You realize that you're essentially being a hipster, right? Keep going, this is amusing.

Okay.

Suckless has some nice projects (dwm, st, dwb, the last is abandoned I think but it was a very good browser), but some (most?) of the community is tryhard to the point you have to wonder if they're past puberty.

No dude, he's right. Your complaint is basically "if it becomes popular, the unwashed masses will come and ruin it."

It's fucking linux man. You don't like it, fork it. There'll always be a distro for the power-users that doesn't put up with the bullshit, but meanwhile we're going to see an increased focus on open source, better support for Linux, and a move away from the MS bullshit.

dwm is not a destacable window manager in any other regard than pure autism. There are smaller and less bloated WM, and way more usable WM. On the extreme side, TinyWM is 50 fucking lines of C code, but it is probably not suited for anything else than a really cool; however, that doesn't mean there are smaller WM that are smaller and as usable as dwm, just like there are slightly fatter (are we really going to complain about two MB more?) WM with less retarded design philosophies that don't go straight against their so beloved Unix philosophy.

st is not bad, but there are better (and lighter, unless you want to severely abuse tmux) terminals, and dwb is yet another unremarkable webkit browser. Their software is only good in terms of LoC and simplicity, which is good if you want to read about them and learn, but they are in no way a good option for daily use unless you are a "look at my barely operational 0.5% RAM system" ricer, much less the saviours of software design.

You know, it's almost as if their software was made as some sort of joke, like one of those artsy fartsy dadaist performances trying to turn their mass deception into a statement about mindless consumers swallowing all marketing techniques or something. I wonder if that's actually the case.

Just install slackware or something.

dwb is not part of suckless, and not really like typical suckless software.

I like dwb. If you want an alternative that isn't abandoned check out qutebrowser.

I like dwm since it's easy to modify (it's 2k or so lines of simple C code). I don't know how many lines other tiling WMs like ratpoison or xmonad have though.

qutebrowser looks good. Does the hosts-based adblock works well? Or is there some trick to use adblock lists with squid or some other proxy program?

It works as well as using the hosts files normally (by adding them to /etc/ hosts). You're stopped from connecting to malicious/ad hosts. I very rarely run into something that it doesn't catch, like an anti-adblock popup.

Problem is you shouldn't be modifying and recompiling a C program for most of the stuff you have to modify dwm for, specially if it's stuff so simple that it could be defined in one line in a config file. dwb works as a tiling WM, but the fact that you need to recompile to change a single keybinding or the status bar's format makes it utterly retarded and explicitly against the Unix philosophy and common sense.

You shouldn't be forking a program to tweak some stuff the program already supports. Config files exist for a reason. Imagine if nginx had to be recompiled every time you wanted to change some setting: it would be madness.

The hosts file is handled by your OS. Anything in there will work with pretty much anything, since most programs rely on the tools provided by your OS.

He's talking about work on open source software going down because of proprietary alternatives. It's completely justified to be against it.

People will use open-source software if it's better. Most people are just going to use what satisfies their needs the best.

We don't give a shit about the users. I'm talking about devs. I contribute to open source software if I'm using it and it has a bug bothering me or I want to implement a feature, or in other words, out of personal interest.

A lot of devs, having the option to use a proprietary solution already made that has something he wants that the OSS solution is lacking, would opt to use the proprietary one over helping improve the other.

An example I can attest to myself is VirtualBox vs QEMU/KVM. Windows is very stuttery under KVM with the cursor being fully emulated instead of having soft-emulation like VirtualBox with the proprietary extensions does. I could probably implement soft-emulation for KVM, but that would require me to invest time into it and I already have VBox working so I don't.

There's nothing bad about often compiling C code, so long as it's small, simple codebase and doesn't take a long time.

TempleOS is almost entirely JIT compiled HolyC, and the compile time at bootup is negligible. You don't even notice it.

Granted, gcc is big and heavy, but in Unix world there is Tiny C:
bellard.org/tcc/

Features:

- SMALL! You can compile and execute C code everywhere, for example on rescue disks (about 100KB for x86 TCC executable, including C preprocessor, C compiler, assembler and linker).

- FAST! tcc generates x86 code. No byte code overhead. Compile, assemble and link several times faster than GCC.

- UNLIMITED! Any C dynamic library can be used directly. TCC is heading torward full ISOC99 compliance. TCC can of course compile itself.

- SAFE! tcc includes an optional memory and bound checker. Bound checked code can be mixed freely with standard code.

- Compile and execute C source directly. No linking or assembly necessary. Full C preprocessor and GNU-like assembler included.

- C script supported : just add '#!/usr/local/bin/tcc -run' at the first line of your C source, and execute it directly from the command line.

- With libtcc, you can use TCC as a backend for dynamic code generation.

What's wrong with you? Don't you want people to use your software? Oh that's right, then you couldn't have your circle-jerk with the two other people who use your autismwm or whatever.

I don't care unless the user contributes to the software either by filing good bug reports or submitting merge requests.

It's not a question of autism. It's a question of me making software to benefit myself, either because I make money licensing it to others or because it helps me in some way. However I do have the courtesy of supporting open source projects I started that I'm no longer using and am always open to hand it off to someone that wants to give it some love.

Loonix has been turning to shit with or without systemd for a long time anyway. People need to start over if they want an alternative OS.

That's because Terry is a fucking madman and doesn't use permissions or even ring levels.

Yes, lets waste our time and effort on killing some unarmed wimpy nerd because his software design philosophies conflict with your autism while people who really need to die like Hillary Clinton are still breathing

Not to mention the fact that if Lennart disappeared all the other developers, and the distro maintainers that use systemd in their distros would help maintain it because it is objectively superior to everything else. The only people that cry about systemd are autists that have no fucking idea what they are talking about to begin with.

That would cost big money.
where do i donate

There is. Just because in the case of dwm is just a minor annoyance doesn't make it good or sane. What if you had to recompile sysvinit every time you wanted to load a new init script? Or every time you wanted to add a bookmark to your Firefox. Or every time you wanted to change an option you could have simply put in your vimrc.

Just because it is easy to modify said C file or because it doesn't take that much time to recompile a single file doesn't mean it is acceptable. Package management becomes a nightmare the moment you don't have a built in VCS system in your source-based package manager (and even then, pray for the update not to overwrite the same fragments you modified, or else you would have to manually resolve the conflict), and even worse if you, like suckless, defend static linking. There would be no sane way to track everything in your system, even worse if your machine uses programs like tripwire to guarantee nobody has tampered with your stuff.

Unless your plan is to JIT them and basically use C like a scripting language (just use Lua at that point), manually recompiling just to change an option in your program that could have perfectly been a config or CLI parameter is the most retarded design philosophy you could think of. What for? To avoid the few kilobytes that would make up for the options parser?

if larry potter only wrote one singular line of code, it would still be more code than any of you larpers could ever dream of comprehending in any way, shape, or form

Pottering "should be very careful", as even John Lennon was purged before his natural death could be attained, by an obsessive fan no less.

Hagakure

A certain person was brought to shame because he did not take revenge. The way of revenge lies in simply forcing one’s way into a place and being cut down. There is no shame in this. By thinking that you must complete the job you will run out of time. By considering things like how many men the enemy has, time piles up; in the end you will give up. No matter if the enemy has thousands of men, there is fulfillment in simply standing them off and being determined to cut them all down, starting from one end. You will finish the greater part of it.

people like you give systemd a bad name

Not an argument

Those examples are all more complicated than the dwm. That's basically a shell script, except written in C, and compiled to native machine code.
What if shell scripts could make system calls and access the C library? That's the benefit of Tiny C. Granted, you can do same things in big scripting language, but it ends up slower and more bloated, and despite that a lot of their libraries are in C. Also you get to deal with the bugs and other issues of that scripting language, adn the fact that it's constantly in developement and also has new releases, with more stuff of its own to track with your package manager. What a big headache!
But you can just skip the middle man and use C (but better not gcc, because it's a hell).

John Lennon was popped off by some looney for being a Commie though, not because of some obsessive fan, but from some lunatic who thought he was an agent of Marxist subversion

Writing incomprehensible code is nothing to be proud of.

Jesus fuck, the C faggots are going too far.

It sure is when that code gets merged into the kernel :^)

lmao, no

speaking of, you should go take a look at upstart. even ignoring all the subtle bugs in core functionality that required a rewrite of large swaths of code last time I checked.
but we both know you can't read C in the first place.

Advocating for the murder of a person.

Anyone reported this thread to the FBI yet?

Checked, such fantastic digits warrant a proper response

That loney would have been correct, the Beatles had some very subversive ideology (Imagine) for their time and Yoko said that she slept with Hillary Clinton. Normal people don't do that kind of thing.

Hagakure

Yamamoto Kichizaemon was ordered by his father Jin’-emon to cut down a dog at the age of five, and at the age of fifteen
he was made to execute a criminal. Everyone, by the time they were fourteen or fifteen, was ordered to do a beheading without fail. When Lord Katsushige was young, he was ordered by Lord Naoshige to practice killing with a sword. It is said that at that time he was made to cut down more than ten men successively. A long time ago this practice was followed, especially in the upper classes, but today even the children of the lower classes
perform no executions, and this is extreme negligence. To say that one can do without this sort of thing, or that there is no merit in killing a condemned man, or that it is a crime, or that it is defiling, is to make excuses. In short, can it not be thought that because a person’s martial valor is weak, his attitude is only that of trimming his nails and being attractive? If one investigates into the spirit of a man who finds these things disagreeable, one sees that this person gives himself over
to cleverness and excuse making not to kill because he feels unnerved. But Naoshige made it his orders exactly because this is something that must be done.

Last year I went to the Kase Execution Grounds to try my hand at beheading, and I found it to be an extremely good feeling. To think that it is unnerving is a symptom of cowardice.

seppuku yourself namefag

No bully pls

Naw, pretty sure it was just John who was the subversive one. McCartney didn't get into political faggotry. He was more of a melodist while John was more of a lyricist. This is very apparent also in Lennons solo career without McCartney or George Martin to actually make decent music for him. All he had after the Beatles broke up was Yoko, and everyone universally agrees she's not only a cold harted bitch but also a horrible musician.

George Harrison was probably the most based Beatle. George is pretty much Lennon but without all the political faggotry and Marxist subversion

If you get the chance, here in the USA there is a tribute band called "Beatles for Sale". They are very good, I highly recommend them.

Nothing personal against the Beatles kid.

bakarayo i have been uncovered!

KEK

Well there was already the old csh
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C_Shell
This just goes one step further.

csh has a syntax that's more like C than like ALGOL, unlike bourne sh. That's all it has to do with C. It's not relevant.

csh has nicer syntax than sh, even if csh isn't exactly like C.
But you can just use C instead for shell script, with tcc -run. You can probably even make real C shell, like TempleOS has.

I'd rather kill myself

Can't we all just get along? Yes, system dicks is turbo ghey but atleast we can keep sjw fags in one corner and continue real work while they enjoy their nice little botnet.

newfag alert! newfag alert!

theres TONS of distros that use alternative init systems (like openrc). only the popular ones like to use systemd instead of others because they're easier to work with and its all encompassing (not necessarily a good thing for certain users). software that popular isn't going away unless it becomes depreciated (which in the case of systemd, will never happen). and with the nature of open source software, anyone can take up the project, fork it, etc.
don't like systemd? use an alternative. support different init systems by donating to their respective creators, or make a fork of a popular distro that uses something other than systemd.

You are fucking retarded. Point out some code that makes systemd a botnet.

protip: you can't

No problem, C supports that. Just dereference a NULL pointer or something.
C is the only language you need on Linux.
And you don't need lennart systemctl-botnet-init, the old one in Slackware work fine.
Nor is needed grubby grub instead of LILO.
Prove me wrong faggos.

let's hire a killer to kill OP instead and have his headstone be made of a huge marble slab with a picture of Lennart on it

You are fucking retarded. Point out some code that makes systemd a botnet.

protip: you can't

All this whining is three times longer than the amount of runit code I needed to write to own my own computers. You people are pathetic.

Normie get out

kys

Fuck off back to your shithole
>>>/reddit/

see, there's a problem

If that were the case people would want to kill Linus, shill.

make me, you limp-wristed archcuck

I wish this meme would die

How could you hate lil Lenny Poety?

Hire a woman to say he raped her, worked on Assange.

No jury will believe he's heterosexual.

If I wrote a systemd replacement

it would be sysV

Hello Schlomo.

Sup fag

What a waste of trips.

What a waste of oxygen

Says the shill.

Nice reddit spacing, fag

Sorry, not a redditfag.

Though I do use Voat

You really should kill yourself. You aren't contributing to the conversation and you're clearly retarded.

GTFO or go back to Holla Forums.

Can't wait for President Trump to be elected so we can hang assange and snowden

The day of the rope is coming

kys faggot

You can't even into imageboards

Is this your first time here?

When did anyone you responded to call you a retard, you retarded faggot?

kys

I was correcting you, you fucking CTR cancer.

Nobody who belongs here would ever write

I've been using imageboards since before Treyvon Martin. You're a joke and you should die.

Kill yourself faggot, do what your parents failed to do.

Wait, Treyvon martin stuff was just four years ago

Are we meant to be impressed?

tbf you're clearly a newfag, no one who's been around chans would typr like you tbh fam

smh