Apple, Asus, and a few other manufacturers have been pushing laptops with minimal key travel...

Guys, I'm scared. How long until normalfags completely ruin non business laptops?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Around the same time as you get laid

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You're kidding me...

Ok I looked at it, and it actually looks pretty nice. Sorry.

lenovo already tried this on like 2nd gen thinkpad x carbon which is itself normie as fuck - the windows equivalent of a macbook - and people fucking hated it to such extent that lenovo switched back to regular keys. dell had a capacitive keyboard on a 12 inch laptop and people fucking hated it. how does apple expect this will work out for them?
normies will buy it, hate it, then apple will make a big announcement next year "NEW APPLE MACBOOK WILL HAVE ALL PHYSICAL KEYS (SUPER LOW 1 mm TRAVEL)" "CNET: AWESOME KEYBOARD! BUY! BUY!! BUY!!!"

yoga book is basically a tablet with wacom pad attached except the wacom pad can also act like a shitty keyboard. it's not meant to fill the role of a business laptop. i give them marks for at least innovating in the tablet market compared to ipad and korean knockoffs.

so you're saying OP got laid sometime between 10 - 20 years ago?? very specific. look we've got our very own Holla Forums nostradumbass right here.

Well, people already talk up the 1mm key travel of Apple's butterfly keyboard and say it makes typing easier and faster, so I wouldn't be surprised if they eat this shit up. I would add that if it looks like the pictures this user posted then it would seem to have much better execution than Lenovo's (where pictures online show the display being rather dim and some even show a glare off the touchscreen obscuring what the function keys are).

Was it the XPS 11 from 2014? The keyboard on that thing seriously reminds me of the membrane keyboards on those educational laptops for kids from companies like VTech from years ago. Jesus, I think that was 15-20 years ago last time I saw one of those. I wonder if they still make them with those shitty keyboards. I'm still impressed that companies found a way to market a worse keyboard than those with touch screen keyboards and that they actually took off.

15-20 years should be 15 years. I really need to start reading over my posts all the way after changing shit.

apple fanbase happily eats everything they throw at them.

yeah that's the one
youtube .com/watch?v=Wp99g6AsHzA

absolutely awful keyboard.

from those pictures it does look like a better execution design wise. so i'm sure people will buy it. it looks pretty at least in the way that mac-users see pretty. functionally it's awful and serves as a glowing distraction. it really depends on how well it interfaces with other applications. i can't tell from the pictures. if it fucks up your workflow in excel or photoshop a lot of macfags will be pissed. they'll still buy it but if they get pissy enough apple will change it back in 1 or 2 generations and then the macfags will spend even more money on the new version and apple wins again. my expectation anyways.

They're already ruined.

Seems nice in theory, but the battery life must suck horribly.

Didn't Apple fuck up with that and made the power button part of that capacitive display as well?
Surely that's going to be a fun time when the laptop locks up and doesn't respond even to 10-second-press hard shutdown, and you have to wait for several hours to run the battery dry because the battery is non-removable.

Oh boy. I remember thinking the other day "I wish my keyboard's battery died as quickly as my shitty wireless headphones".

Which in this case is a ripoff of the Optimus keyboard from 10 years ago :^)

GIVE ME KEY TRAVEL OR GIVE ME DEATH
YOU WILL TAKE MY UNICOMP BUCKLING SPRINGS FROM MY COLD, DEAD, POWERFUL HANDS

They're doing you a favor.

I can't wait to have to refocus my eyes between my screen and my keyboard constantly.

short key travel is good, mechanical keyboards are a meme that needs to die.

That said, touch screens are significantly bigger meme that should have died years ago.

it's not non-tactile or unergonomic: it's toasted.